Benefactor - Discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Tacopina is $750/hour, you think he has only worked 27 hours in all on this case? Well, actually less than that since some of the money would go to Stanton too.

Is she paying for Tacopina too? I heard the lawyer was furnished for her, but not by whom or if he just took the case on pro-bono.

Mike LeRette must be really close to the family for her to do this. Let's see Mike Lerette and Samantha B...hmmm..and Kristi Schiller. This is getting weird. He travels in high society. Next dot to be connected is his run to Kansas City to protect his cousin who has not been cleared by LE in the disappearance of her baby...still isn't.

Quite a few different worlds colliding here. I don't get it.

Since Tacopina is $750/hour, you think he has only worked 27 hours in all on this case? Well, actually less than that since some of the money would go to Stanton too.

I thought she only paid for Bill Stanton's work on this case. I had no idea Tacopina charged $750.00 an hour. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Is she paying for Tacopina too? I heard the lawyer was furnished for her, but not by whom or if he just took the case on pro-bono.

Pro-bonos in big cases are never pro bono. If they don't get the money from the media/books, etc., they get it from the State at trial or both.

Of course all I can think about when I look at the picture is how the heck does she keep all the dog hair off that white couch! That and, cute shoes!

I doubt she's the one keeping all the dog hair off that white couch. lol

I'm so glad this thread was started. Folks were speculating on who the benefactor is and I'm glad it's now out there. So she has no affiliation with any media outlets, right? Like ABC?

I have no words for such a despicable human being. Schiller should be ashamed to be associated...paying him or not.

http://voices.kansascity.com/entries/joe-tacopinas-bizarre-baby-lisa-irwin-appearance/

Is it JT you have a problem with or defense attornies in general? I'm curious. People seem to dislike JT but wonder if it was someone else if they would feel the same? What if it was Mark NeJame? Or Mark Eiglarsh? Or <insert any other defense attorney name>

Has it been confirmed whether Ms Schiller is paying for him or is he doing this pro bono?

Is it JT you have a problem with or defense attornies in general? I'm curious. People seem to dislike JT but wonder if it was someone else if they would feel the same? What if it was Mark NeJame? Or Mark Eiglarsh? Or <insert any other defense attorney name>

Has it been confirmed whether Ms Schiller is paying for him or is he doing this pro bono?

JT said early on that he wasn't working pro bono, someone hired him but he would not reveal who hired him or who was paying him. TIFWIW

I don't think it's confirmed she paying JT. In fact, JT himself has said he's not operating as a 'defense attorney' (as far as fees are concerned) in this case because there is nobody to defend (DB is not a POI or a suspect). The only thing I ever heard about the benefactor was the reward. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me that the stuff that the benefactor is doing is independent from the parents (meaning they are not being advised on any of it).

If a wealthy benefactor wants to put up a reward for a missing child, I don't see what the big deal is. If a wealthy benefactor wants to hire a PI to search for said missing child, I don't see what the big deal is. Or is the thought process that if you don't believe the parents guilty, you must be in on it?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/1...missing-missouri-girl-refuses-to-divulge-fee/

Tacopina was joined by private investigator Bill Stanton during his appearance on Fox News. Stanton reiterated that a $100,000 reward for information leading to the girl or to a conviction remains in place. He also declined to indicate who is paying for his services.

Deborah Bradley's cousin, Michael Larette, has said that he and Lisa's parents chose Tacopina because he came highly recommended by several people, including Stanton, a New York-based private investigator who has been working with Bradley's family.

If I had to guess the parents are getting advice from Lerette, who in turn has ties to the benefactor. If Lerette wasn't around, I'm guessing neither would the benefactor be around (and in turn, Stanton/JT).

Mike LeRette must be really close to the family for her to do this. Let's see Mike Lerette and Samantha B...hmmm..and Kristi Schiller. This is getting weird. He travels in high society. Next dot to be connected is his run to Kansas City to protect his cousin who has not been cleared by LE in the disappearance of her baby...still isn't.

Quite a few different worlds colliding here. I don't get it.

There are a lot of strange things in this case, I've voiced my opinion about JT many times, but I'm missing the nefarious aspect of the reward being put up.

If she is that wealthy, and is known for this type thing, 100K for a reward doesn't see that alarming. If BS was on the board for her organization, I can see how he got involved, despite our personal opinion of him. If ML is a good friend of her son, I can see how she got involved. We're far from being that wealthy but the family one of my dd's best friends are multi millionaires, we know the parents, we've traveled with them, and if something like this had happened in our family, I could see us going to them for help. I'm not getting the nefarious aspect of this on the part of the benefactor or ML.

ML went in the very beginning didn't he? If he's family and lived out of state and possibly believed it was a kidnapping, why is it so strange that he flew in to be with family and then went back home?

JT is a whole other story.

JMHO

Are we absolutely sure by Bill Stanton's words that he is there for the Bradley/Irwin family?

:waitasec: JMO ... but Stanton is in this for "himself" and his own "self promotion" ...

He is not even licensed in Missouri ... besides, what has he really done to help find Lisa ? :waitasec: Nothing ...

JMO and MOO ...

I think somebody ought to brief Mrs. Schiller on the case. For her to be aligned with Joe Tacopina should be an embarrassment.

:rocker: I totally agree ... Joe Tacopina is known for representing the "guilty" ...

Hmmm ... a few "others" she should be briefed on as well ... :waitasec:

MOO ...

:rocker: I totally agree ... Joe Tacopina is known for representing the "guilty" ...

Hmmm ... a few "others" she should be briefed on as well ... :waitasec:

MOO ...

If someone, who happens to be wealthy, truly believes the parents to be innocent, who are we to tell them how to spend their money.

IMO, the benefactor is irrelevant to how BL went missing and where she is now.

If someone, who happens to be wealthy, truly believes the parents to be innocent, who are we to tell them how to spend their money.

IMO, the benefactor is irrelevant to how BL went missing and where she is now.

The truth is that ALL missing children deserve to have a large reward offered for their return, but no one is obligated to offer a reward in any missing child case, no matter how much money they might have. Rather than say, "this case is undeserving of having such a large reward offered" or "there are more deserving cases/parents" I say "thank goodness that in at least THIS case there is a substantial reward."

If the benefactor specified that the reward would only be paid if the Lisa's parents are not involved that would be one thing, but that was not what was stated. The reward is not about the parents, it is about Lisa. IMO, etc.

I doubt she's the one keeping all the dog hair off that white couch. lol

I'm so glad this thread was started. Folks were speculating on who the benefactor is and I'm glad it's now out there. So she has no affiliation with any media outlets, right? Like ABC?

She doesn't need ABC. This woman really does a lot of good - she obviously doesn't do it for attention or she'd have appeared with Stanton or would have given her name in the first place.

I also don't feel ML is all that "close" to the family, but they are probably fond of him, obviously. I think he's known the son from visiting summers and then moved there. Not even sure what ML does, to be honest.

Just a little more about Schiller. . .

In the 1990s after a career in broadcasting, Kristi Kay Hoss Schiller pioneered a cutting edge internet persona that caused Forbes, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal to dub her “The Queen of the Internet”.

http://www.kristischiller.com/about-me/

I've been trying to find out more but haven't found anything else of note.

I do not think the benefactor has bad intentions. I think if one of our children went missing my husband's company's founder would put up a reward. I say this b/c the man is very generous and donates a lot to help others, he's also connected to law enforcement.

I see Kristi being the same way, she wants to help others, she's connected to ML and she thought her money could help bring this baby home.

I seriously doubt she realized how suspicious the parents actions were, especially that early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52