Better airport scanners delayed by privacy fears

Israel does profiling. US is so PC, how could it possibly do profiling? US rather search 70 year old grandmas in wheelchairs and scan us all naked, than do profiling. -snip-

Bingo.

Israel’s Airport Security, Object Of Envy, Is Hard To Emulate Here
System Based on Interaction and Group Profiling Doesn’t Travel Well
By Nathan Guttman
Published January 06, 2010
http://www.forward.com/articles/122781/

In Israel, racial profiling doesn't warrant debate, or apologies

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasen/spages/1141297.html

Airport body scanners reveal all, but what about when it's your kid?

By Leonora LaPeter Anton, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Sunday, July 18, 2010

There's been lots of talk lately about body scanners — the new airport security tool that allows screeners to see through clothes. People are concerned about privacy, delayed flights, health effects.

Now there's another concern. What about kids? Do they have to go through this, too? And what are parents' rights?

A Baltimore family is raising the issue after their 12-year-old daughter was pulled out of line in Tampa and subjected to what they say was an embarrassing and unhealthy scan. The girl was traveling with an adult friend of the family, not her parents.

I'm for the scanners. It's MUCH better than the patdowns. One TSA agent reached down my pants and grabbed my penis a few years ago. With the scanner, that's not necessary. Look but don't touch! lol.

Of course, the best thing we could do for airport security and our nation's financial security would be to stop putting our children and grandchildren into debt servitude to the Chinese in order to give billions of dollars and weapons to Israelis, and to give billions of dollars and weapons to the dictator in Egypt, and to spend hundreds of billions of dollars to invade Iraq when they've never attacked the USA, and paying the Taliban $800 per truck (more for fuel trucks) to not shoot at our supply convoys in Afghanistan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back