Blond haired girl lying on carpet

*If* she's saying what she remembers, and she believes that someone else was there at the apartment, could she perhaps mean that someone else lived there, but was not on the premises at the time? Like Alcala was staying with a friend/relative, and that was their apartment, but they were at work or something?

If so, then it's probably not during the time he lived in NY...rather, one of the places he visited his relatives or was "on vacation"...which would narrow a timeline down significantly. 1978, maybe?

Best-
Herding Cats

Yes, and wouldn't it have been nice of her to mention what year she was 19 or 20 in? That would have helped.

If her story is made up, it would be much easier to say he was staying with other people and that way she wouldn't have to know what his address in NY was. Bet she can't quite remember where this apartment was! Or if she did point out an apartment, there would be nothing to verify its relationship to Alcala.

"she can't be sure it was even Alcala"

ok, i have a question. how many guys had long, dark, tight curly hair. Long hair was in, but how many guys had such curls (his curl-type is pretty unique, i really cant think of many people with that type of curl.)

He changed his hairstyle a couple of times. There was one photo of him with straighter hair.

*If* she's saying what she remembers, and she believes that someone else was there at the apartment, could she perhaps mean that someone else lived there, but was not on the premises at the time? Like Alcala was staying with a friend/relative, and that was their apartment, but they were at work or something?

If so, then it's probably not during the time he lived in NY...rather, one of the places he visited his relatives or was "on vacation"...which would narrow a timeline down significantly. 1978, maybe?

Best-
Herding Cats

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313101
Judy Cole was 19-years-old in New York City was working as a young actress. She told KIRO Radio's Ron & Don show that she's pretty sure it was Rodney Alcala who took her picture on the roof of a building in 1978.

alg_judy_cole.jpg

2dtuhoi.jpg

I wonder about the picture being so grainy. It's bad photography, IMO. It doesn't really look like the result of a planned photography session, pose and background and all. It's more like something that was just snapped away . Anyway, this is no rooftop, and she's not dressed in a blouse.

I think this is the same carpet and the same blue wall:
01661.jpg

00123.jpg

Maybe if it is really her she is a bit embarrassed about the circumstances and unwilling to disclose it all. "He took out his photography equipment" might be code for he took out his, well, you know.

If it's not her she's taken some care to choose a photograph in which there are few identifying details to say anything one way or another.

IMO that is not her. The mouth area is different. I don't know which pic is hers but I do not think it is the one of this blonde on the carpet.

I agree with what some are saying. She felt the need for discretion, But then why couldn't she have just been like the others in people magazine and remain nameless? Surely the LE made warned her about going public before thinking it over.

I also think it is not her. I think the Doe's ears are set lower, and the actual bones of her her eye orbits have a higher and rounder curve. Of course that may be just down to the angle. Or maybe Ms Cole is, to put it charitably, mistaken?

Interesting. According to ms cole myspace (http://www.myspace.com/220080563) shes 52 and has already had herbirthday this year ( shes
Pisces(Feb 19 - Mar 20). dont have an exact birthdate but....

"Judy Cole was 19-years-old in New York City was working as a young actress. She told KIRO Radio's Ron & Don show that she's pretty sure it was Rodney Alcala who took her picture on the roof of a building in 1978." http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313101

So if my math is right. she was born 1958 . Which would have meant she was 19 between Feb/march of '77-78. NY is cold then. i cant find much but there was a big blizzard on feb 6th. Basically i doubt anyone would be out without a coat. Theres No mention of it was cold when that creep tried unbuttoning me)

someone did thier math wrong. Feel free to correct me if it was me =]

Thanks for the Myspace link Cupcake.

I don't know how Myspace works as far as the birth age thingy, but it says she hasn't logged in since March of 2009, so if it doesn't automatically update, then since she's a Pisces, she is now 53 in 2010, which makes her born in 1957, so if she was 19 (or 20 which she can't remember on the audio interview), then it would have either been 1976 if she was 19, or 1977 if she was 20. As we know, Alcala was in prison in 76 and was not released until June 17 1977, on parole (hahahaha) he vacationed in Chicago, D.C. and NY July 2-Aug 15, and July 13 Ellen Hover was murdered in NY. So it would have been hot weather. I hope I did my math right, I'm really not very good at it.

I was wondering why you figured the encounter was in winter? Did it say somewhere it was near her birthday that she encountered him? Anyway, there is a photo in her MySpace photos, where she's lying with a dog and I think it does look more like the Alcala photo, possibly because of the prone position but this story still has me stymied.

i thought the age updated automatically on myspace? and i was just saying winter cause thats the only possible way she would have been 19 in 78 according to my calculations. and winter woudnt be logical

i thought the age updated automatically on myspace? and i was just saying winter cause thats the only possible way she would have been 19 in 78 according to my calculations. and winter woudnt be logical

Pisces is what her astro sign is listed as on her Myspace, so that means her birthday falls somewhere between Feb 20 and March 20. So if she was born in 58, (and since she says she was either 19 or 20) then she's saying 1977 or 1978, both of which are possible, but both would've been after her birthday. Problem is, she apparently can't remember how old she was, but if I'm thinking correctly, it could have been anytime after March of 77 or March of 78. Both of which are possible time frames for an Alcala encounter. Yes?

news clippings tie it down to 19, and year 78. which is sketchy. But with her vagueness on the radio yes its possible.

I sure hope that it really is her. For some reason this pictured bothered me more than most of them. The look on her face...I just had a bad feeling she might be one of the victims. So anyhow, really hope she is alive. Thanks for all the updates!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back