Blond haired girl lying on carpet

The way I read it, it doesn't say that is her picture, just that she recognized herself in a group of pictures. The picture of the girl on the floor does not look like her.

And the article in this link makes it sound like it isn't her in the photos in this thread.
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313101

OK, I'm officially back on the fence.

In the article, she makes it clear she was on the building roof, not in his apartment.

If she isn't the girl with fanned out hair, who is she? She says she was topless, but LE has cropped the pics for that, so she should be among the released ones we've seen. (scratches head)

(Copying my post from the Media Links thread).
Just finished listening to the audio found here:
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313101

Judy Cole cleared up some of the confusion about which photo is her.
It is photo #196 on the NY Daily News site.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gall...ey_alcala.html

However, if you read the caption below that photo it says;
"One of 215 images of individuals believed to have been photographed by serial killer Rodney Alcala, who is in prison in California for a series of murders there between 1971 and 1979 (Read more here). Police request that anyone with information about any of the pictures should call (800) 577-TIPS and reference: Picture 169."

196 is the # the New York Daily News used in their slideshow but 169 is the reference # for the police.

I hope that made sense!
If not, listen to the interview, I recommend it anyway! :)

To save some of you having to click through 196 pictures, picture 196 on the nydailynews is the one of the girl who is lying on the grey carpet shown in this thread. I am still convinced that this is the very same girl shown in the five spot pictures with the black string choker necklace on.

Thanks jessunlil for the audio link as well. I've listened to it...And it's interesting. Judy says that some of the pictures were taken in the appartment and some were taken on the rooftop. She says she doesn't think that the appartment was Alcala's because she thinks she remembers that someone else was there. That she started getting a bad feeling when he started unbottoning her blouse and that she ultimately escaped (ran away) when he went to reload his camera...

I guess the gray carpet is actually gray asphalt? Thanks for letting us know which picture it is. May need to duck when I say this, and it is very cynical, but I still don't think this looks like the same person. The woman does plug her book and says she is not certain it was Alcala she had the encounter with. Just saying.

I guess the gray carpet is actually gray asphalt? Thanks for letting us know which picture it is. May need to duck when I say this, and it is very cynical, but I still don't think this looks like the same person. The woman does plug her book and says she is not certain it was Alcala she had the encounter with. Just saying.

I can see a resemblence but with that photo unclear and from the side, I couldn't say with 100% certainty that it is her.

I wonder how LE goes about verifying whether a person is actually the one in the photo or not.

She states in her audio interview that some pictures were taken in the appartment so I think that it is grey carpet. I found it odd that she couldn't say with certainty that it is her but I was wondering if it wasn't maybe because she didn't want to publicly shed light on this or on other photographs. (Don't forget that this picture is cropped.) I've spent some time looking at this photo and the current photo of her and it definitely looks like her to me.

MOO

So she says she was nervous when he started unbuttoning her blouse and then ran away, and yet it's pretty obvious the girl int his picture has NO blouse on. Something is really fishy about this whole thing. IMO, either the media doesn't have the pictures straight or she's makin' this whole thing up. And what was with the first photo that was released with the first article? I suppose it'll all "come out in the wash". Frankly, I don't think she looks like the girl whom this thread is for, whom I think looks a lot younger than 19, but who knows? Now the girls who came forward in the People Mag article with their current photos on the other hand, they look just like they did when they were younger, just older. Fishy is all I can say, why make a report so unclear if it's all accurate?

It is definitely confusing. They needed a better way to identify these pics, so everyone of them had the same number, no matter what site you looked at them.

Okay so in the audio Judy Cole says she sent that first picture to the paper along with her current photo. So that explains why we never saw that one, it's not from Alcala, has nothing to do with it. She also says she "thinks" she is in NYP #166, and the NYDailynews #196, with a caption of 169.

She goes on to say she "cannot say positively that it was him". She also goes on to say that they were in an apartment, which she felt was not his apartment, and she thinks there was someone else there, but things went sour when they (the two of them) went up to the roof when he got out his camera equipment. (That leads me to believe no pictures were taken inside the apartment.) She also says he unbuttoned her blouse and it "progressed to the point where I was semi-topless". Not quite sure what that means, but there are no bra straps showing in this picture, so unless this girl is wearing a tube top (which has no buttons), I'd say she looks pretty topless to me. I guess she could have been wearing a strapless bra maybe. She also says she was 19 or 20. She further states that she doesn't know if it was her in the picture, but her mother and her friend think it is. And then she says something off the wall talking about her writing "I am a very good writer." WTH? Weird.

Anyway, if this woman is that unsure: she can't be sure it's even her and she can't be sure it was even Alcala, then whichever picture it turns out to be, I think we should leave this thread open. At least for now anyway.

Thanks for the analysis. Notice she never really takes responsibility for anything she is saying.

Here's one of the other photos that shows what I believe is the same carpet this young girl is lying on. If you magnify them, I think you'll agree. They look identical to me in both color and texture. (Not to mention hair and debris, did this guy ever use the vacuum in the apartment picture?) (Also note the blue wall in the background of the NG picture of the girl lying on the carpet, I'd say it's inside the apartment.) JMHO

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00751.jpg

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01661.jpg

*If* she's saying what she remembers, and she believes that someone else was there at the apartment, could she perhaps mean that someone else lived there, but was not on the premises at the time? Like Alcala was staying with a friend/relative, and that was their apartment, but they were at work or something?

If so, then it's probably not during the time he lived in NY...rather, one of the places he visited his relatives or was "on vacation"...which would narrow a timeline down significantly. 1978, maybe?

Best-
Herding Cats

I think we have pretty much exposed her.
Yes, the posing of this picture is of someone that was deliberately laying down topless or tube-topped...As per her audio interview, she didn't even get topless. She claims to have ran out, if I'm hearing her correctly. Book plug!

I don't know for sure, it could all be true and for some reason the wrong pic is being tied to her. Just don't want to close the thread on this young gal until we're sure she's in someway identified.

Liane Leedom, "The girl with the white strapless dress and gold cross" was interviewed for Inside Addition and this person may have thought coming forward with her story would have gotten her a spot on Inside Addition to plug her book.

True, but you can clearly see Lianne as then and now, I believe she is clearly identifiable. Judy Cole, IMHO is not clearly identifiable in the pic she discusses as being herself and she's pretty dubious in her answers on the interview. Dunno. She's unsure of everything else except the fact she's a good writer and the title of her book!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back