Bond being posted for Misty and Tommy?

She should know that modeling her incarceration like Casey has will result in 20 lbs and backne.

Has a Canteen fund been set-up? NG will give us daily updates....Who will be Cobra's Tracey?

http://www.artharris.com/2010/01/22...ummings-shut-up/comment-page-1/#comment-41788

From what I am reading that is only for Tommy that deal the bonding company offered.

Donna Jaquith, who owns a Palatka, Fla. Bonding company and has bailed out Ronald Cummings and members of Misty’s family before, tells me she got a call from Misty sister in law Lindsay Croslin Wednesday night, asking how much it would take to spring husband, Tommy. He’s charged with one count of drug trafficking and faces a $100,000 bond.

Ordinarily Jaquith, tells The Bald Truth, the fee would be $10,000, but she told Croslin she’d accept half and finance the balance if she could come up with $5,000 cash. She hasn’t heard back, but wants to cut them a break. “The Cummings and Croslins have been very good clients,” she told me, “very good for business. Of course, I hate to see anyone get arrested.”

Now the kicker here is that each of the parties has a little stipulation regarding bonding on their case.

(COPY) ORDER REQUIRING PRODCTION AND DISCLOSURE OF SOURCE OF BAIL PREMIUM AND COLLATERAL (NEBBIA HEARING) PRIOR TO DEFENDANT'S RELEASE ON BAIL-PUTNAM COUNTY

Often times in large narcotics prosecutions the government will request that the defendant's family cannot post his bail unless the family shows proof of the source of the money for paying the bail.

The courts will allow the family to post bail only if the family can show that the money for the bail payment comes from a legitimate source. The courts usually requires that the person posting bail actually appear in court with documents that prove the source of the bail and require the person posting bail to testify that they are posting the bail from a legitimate source

So before bail can be posted a Nibbea Hearing would be held. They cannot just bond out.

This is supposed to stop drug money from being used to bond out drug prisoners.

People like Ron and Misty should be held without bond IMO
flight risks!!!

I agree, & especially Ron, it's NOT like he's a newbie to the PCSO... yet seemingly he's gotten out all of his criminal troubles. Why it's almost magical how that happens, ya think? :rolleyes:

I think it's interesting to hear someone from a bonding company say that they hate to see someone being arrested. I would think that they would get pretty aloof to all those people and would only look at it from a financial standpoint, but I could be wrong.

I am getting lost in the collateral part of bonding out. If your bond is 50,000, it cost 5,000 to get out (that part I get) but I always understood you have to have collateral for the rest which is 45,000.

This happened with Casey too. Somebody financed her 50,000 and backed up the rest with collateral (as I understood it). We never did find out who that was, BTW.....did we?

Naw, goldenm, I do not think you are wrong. If people were not arrested, she sure wouldn't have a 'bidness'. She just wants her 15 minutes, or should I say 15 seconds? LOL

Whisperer, do they have such a thing as a property bond in Florida? If they do, then I would think that Lindsey would have to show that she would have the remaining $45,000 in equity. Somehow, I just would not think Lindsey would already have that much equity.

IOW, someone else would have to have the collateral, and it be free and clear of mortgage for that amount.

But I really do not care one way or the other. I would rather see them all sit in jail!

I was hoping Cobra would stay out of it. Wouldn't you think these bounty hunters would learn after what happened with LP and the Caylee situation?

Cobra should be locked up for interfering. Certainly he has questionable methods and morals. If he doesn't want them out of jail, why is he "acting" as "media rep" for the group trying to get them out? And is this "group" Misty's family? Yes, of course, it's the Croslins.

I am getting lost in the collateral part of bonding out. If your bond is 50,000, it cost 5,000 to get out (that part I get) but I always understood you have to have collateral for the rest which is 45,000.

This happened with Casey too. Somebody financed her 50,000 and backed up the rest with collateral (as I understood it). We never did find out who that was, BTW.....did we?

You are correct Whisperer, you have to have collateral to cover the balance of the bond amount. You don't get the 10% back if a bond agency put it up, but if you bond out yourself, put up the whole bond, you show up for court , you get your money back.

I was hoping Cobra would stay out of it. Wouldn't you think these bounty hunters would learn after what happened with LP and the Caylee situation?

Cobra should be locked up for interfering. Certainly he has questionable methods and morals. If he doesn't want them out of jail, why is he "acting" as "media rep" for the group trying to get them out? And is this "group" Misty's family?

I couldn't agree more. And I thought he was one of the sincere people in this mess in the beginning. However, it doesn't take long for people to show their true colors.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/01/22...ummings-shut-up/comment-page-1/#comment-41788

From what I am reading that is only for Tommy that deal the bonding company offered.

Donna Jaquith, who owns a Palatka, Fla. Bonding company and has bailed out Ronald Cummings and members of Misty’s family before, tells me she got a call from Misty sister in law Lindsay Croslin Wednesday night, asking how much it would take to spring husband, Tommy. He’s charged with one count of drug trafficking and faces a $100,000 bond.

Ordinarily Jaquith, tells The Bald Truth, the fee would be $10,000, but she told Croslin she’d accept half and finance the balance if she could come up with $5,000 cash. She hasn’t heard back, but wants to cut them a break. “The Cummings and Croslins have been very good clients,” she told me, “very good for business. Of course, I hate to see anyone get arrested.”

Now the kicker here is that each of the parties has a little stipulation regarding bonding on their case.

(COPY) ORDER REQUIRING PRODCTION AND DISCLOSURE OF SOURCE OF BAIL PREMIUM AND COLLATERAL (NEBBIA HEARING) PRIOR TO DEFENDANT'S RELEASE ON BAIL-PUTNAM COUNTY

Often times in large narcotics prosecutions the government will request that the defendant's family cannot post his bail unless the family shows proof of the source of the money for paying the bail.

The courts will allow the family to post bail only if the family can show that the money for the bail payment comes from a legitimate source. The courts usually requires that the person posting bail actually appear in court with documents that prove the source of the bail and require the person posting bail to testify that they are posting the bail from a legitimate source

So before bail can be posted a Nibbea Hearing would be held. They cannot just bond out.

Grandmaj, I want to personally thank you for this very insightful post.. I learned something about the system that I didn't know before..

[bbm] WOW!!! that is awesome!!!! now let's see them prove the source of their bond money

although the article says she hasn't heard back ...

AUDIO: William "Cobra" Staubs P.I. Claims Group Will Post Bond for Misty and Tommy Croslin

"Snip" TJ Hart Posted: Friday, 22 January 2010 8:57AM
Listen to audio at Link: http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6180833.php

So I guess COBRA says he doesn't agree but there must be a commission for him if they use his name as their spokesperson. Here we go Casey Anthony all over again.

What is wrong with these people? If this was a copy cat, if it was all about money which didn't happen now you are going to make it happen because she finally got arrested.

COBRA you make me so disgusted. Crying about how you lost everything. Give me a break. Use your brain! MOO

I am having a hard time believing that Misty will be bonded out, a million is pretty steep. Even if she does get out, random drug (urine) tests will be a part of her release and I can't see her passing many of them. If she fails or misses one, it's back to jail she goes.

Just follow the money. Isn't that the game now in these cases? A child's life. But now we have media deals involved. Pretty much makes me furious. At least we know none of them can behave and will violate the terms of their bonds quickly. :biggrin:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back