Book Found in Vista Mar villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colomom you are doing a great job and it is deeply appreciated by all the posters who want to know what happened to Madelaine, I too have taken this little girl into my heart, just keep on doing the great job you are doing.

I haven't even been on this case like you, colomom and a bunch of the others. I kept popping in during highlights. But the dedication ya'll have shown has been over the top. Your prayers are being answered. We will have answers one day about maddy.

I commend you and the rest of the crew who have been here during the long haul, not when it was just sensational, but when all that was going on were tears and worry for a little girl.

I have received information that you only came to the Maddie thread to cause trouble, whether this is true or not I dont care, but this thread is about a little girl who has disappeared and the posters here are all trying to work hard to find out what has become of Madelaine, and we dont need someone coming in and causing conflict between the posters.

I am disputing a source, nothing more, nothing less.

It is okay to question sources Shaz, in fact, it pays to question sources.

So let's get back to what we do know, more or less.

I've seen the notation about the Bible being open to that page from more than one source, not message boards (I don't read them, just for time's sake.)

It is the kind of thing detectives notice, just as the U.S. detectives noticed Scott Peterson had the yellow pages open to "criminal defense attorneys."

Does it by herself prove guilt? Of course not.

Does it go to state of mind? Very possibly.

I've seen the notation about the Bible being open to that page from more than one source, not message boards (I don't read them, just for time's sake.)

It is the kind of thing detectives notice, just as the U.S. detectives noticed Scott Peterson had the yellow pages open to "criminal defense attorneys."

Hi Texana

Do you have a source for the bible being open to that page?
A source you can post so we can all see this is not a rumour...it's getting really hard to work out whats fact and whats fiction in this case.
TIA!

There are hundreds and hundreds of interviews and articles about this online now, and when I try to google one I get three pages of the most recent news event in the case, and ten pages of garbage.

I spent a lot of time going back and finding a particular source this week for something I said, and once I posted it, the response was..."well, that's just opinion."

Other times I posted links and got deafening silence.

If we're going to end up at "just opinion" then let's just start there, and we'll cut out the extra 15 or 20 minutes I spend looking up the source and posting it, only to hear that it's not a credible source, or it's just opinion as to my conclusions, whatever.

PT has hard copy newspapers and internet versions of the hard news available for your reading pleasure and ability to have a legitimate source.

These are written in European Portuguese, not Brazilian Portuguese.

I have provided you with the links. (colomom has links with the english translation posted in thread above)

LINKS TO PT NEWSPAPERS

Paper: Publico
Periodicity: daily at 13:00 pm
Language: European Portuguese

Paper: Diario de Noticias

Paper: Jornal de Noticias

Paper: Diario de Noticias Made

It would be so helpful if you would translate them.
I would love to compare notes.;)

Petra,
Coincidentally enough, we had a long discussion last night at ballet class about Brazilian Portuguese vs. European Portuguese.

Also, thanks to you, I finally know how to spell Portuguese correctly. :rolleyes:

Petra,
Coincidentally enough, we had a long discussion last night at ballet class about Brazilian Portuguese vs. European Portuguese.

Also, thanks to you, I finally know how to spell Portuguese correctly. :rolleyes:

Ballet class....that sounds wonderful!! It has been too many years for me to count. I am jealous......;)

I do Brazilian Portuguese and Argentine Spanish, so it is different than European-similar but with some dialects difficult to understand.

I guess similar to British, American, Aussie, Jamaican, Ghana es, etc English.

Least we forget Scottish, Irish or Texan English.

Languages are such an intriguing study, there is just so much to learn.

To all of you who want to complain about not having what you think are credible links to the English translations of Portuguese news articles, I want to make a suggestion.

First of all, you can click on the links from petra (above). Or you can go to this WS thread below:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53176

These are links in the original Portugese. If you want, you can use a translation program, such as Babel Fish, and turn the Portuguese into English on you own. Now, if you're still concerned, compare your translation to the ones that colomom gave us. Hers are accurate.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Good luck and have fun!

And don't forget The Rosetta Stone Language programs approved by almost every country for language training for military, CIA, FBI, M15 etc.

You can teach yourself a basic understanding in only a few months.:D

I have never read the Bible....:blushing::blushing: It is on my list of things to do:rolleyes:

So thank you for the description of that passage about King Davids son....
Wonder how that could relate in her mind ? If it does at all.

I have no idea about a police procedure book...LOL...I think I have a few on my night stand too. Along with a very weird assortment of other books.

I have never read the Bible....:blushing::blushing: It is on my list of things to do:rolleyes:

So thank you for the description of that passage about King Davids son....
Wonder how that could relate in her mind ? If it does at all.

I have no idea about a police procedure book...LOL...I think I have a few on my night stand too. Along with a very weird assortment of other books.

O/T Petra, I have always enjoyed being on a case with you. Your input is invaluable and your perspective always makes me pause. Glad to see you around.

I don't believe this news story is true. (I mean, I DO believe it was in the news, but I don't believe the story itself.) C'mon. Those three particular books? A diary outlining how hard it was to parent the children, a bible opened to a relevant passage, and a book detailing how to get away with murder? In some Portuguese journalist's dreams!

If it is the passage I'm thinking of, (and this is not saying that it was found at all, blah, blah, blah) King David saw a beautiful woman bathing on her rooftop and he said to himself, I want that woman.

Her husband Uriah was a military leader in David's army. David arranged for the general to be left alone and basically, set up to be killed, so he could have Bathsheba as his wife.

She became pregnant, and they had a son. The prophet Nathan showed up to give David a talk. Nathan tells David a story about a man who is so wealthy, and has many sheep, but takes the lamb of a very poor man. David is outraged and says the wealthy man who had so much, should be punished.

And then Nathan tells David that "you are that man." As penance for the sin of killing Uriah, the child will die.

David goes into deep repentance with ashes and seclusion and fasting, praying for the child's life to be spared, but the child still dies. David stops his fasting and accepts his consequence.

It's a deeply tragic and moving story.And of course, could have no bearing upon this at all.

To all of you who want to complain about not having what you think are credible links to the English translations of Portuguese news articles, I want to make a suggestion.

First of all, you can click on the links from petra (above). Or you can go to this WS thread below:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53176

These are links in the original Portugese. If you want, you can use a translation program, such as Babel Fish, and turn the Portuguese into English on you own. Now, if you're still concerned, compare your translation to the ones that colomom gave us. Hers are accurate.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Good luck and have fun!

Aloha!
I learned a little trick about using the online translators during the "Holloway" case.. At times I found that translating a language(for example, dutch) to another language(another example, spanish) and then to english helped me clarify an article just a tad more than a straight translation. Try it sometime.
Have a great evening.

Aloha!
I learned a little trick about using the online translators during the "Holloway" case.. At times I found that translating a language(for example, dutch) to another language(another example, spanish) and then to english helped me clarify an article just a tad more than a straight translation. Try it sometime.
Have a great evening.

Thanks, Aloha! ;)

O/T Petra, I have always enjoyed being on a case with you. Your input is invaluable and your perspective always makes me pause. Glad to see you around.

Thanks CP. I always enjoy your insight. Hope we cross paths more often.

I thought I might get tomatoes thrown at me for not knowing my Bible passages, so I was afraid to come back. LOL
Nice to know it didn't happen.!!:woohoo:

I don't believe this news story is true. (I mean, I DO believe it was in the news, but I don't believe the story itself.) C'mon. Those three particular books? A diary outlining how hard it was to parent the children, a bible opened to a relevant passage, and a book detailing how to get away with murder? In some Portuguese journalist's dreams!

Probably not!!! It does read like a media dream of suspense and intrigue.

First, I would like to say thanks to Colomom, Calikid, and all the others who have been so faithful in keeping all of us up to date on this case. :clap: It is very, very, much appreciated. Secondly, my thoughts on those books. :twocents: The Bible being opened to that passage doesn't really point me towards guilt or innocence. I can see that passage being appropriate either way. If Kate saw her activities during the vacation as being "sinful", she may see Madeleine's abduction/accident/murder as God's punishment for her own sin. We could probably do several pages of postings based on this alone! She may feel guilty about having left Madeleinie (I sure would), or they may have been couples which experimented with the "swinging" lifestyle. The book about identification of criminals - well honestly, I might be reading that myself if I were in Kate's shoes, and was innocent. I would want to know if LE seemed to be on the right track or not.

I still think from the 30,000 foot view, these people know more than they are saying. I include the Tapas 9 in that statement also. I suppose time will tell......at least I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz