Book Found in Vista Mar villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe this news story is true. (I mean, I DO believe it was in the news, but I don't believe the story itself.) C'mon. Those three particular books? A diary outlining how hard it was to parent the children, a bible opened to a relevant passage, and a book detailing how to get away with murder? In some Portuguese journalist's dreams!

Someone posted earlier about KM's journal. I thought it said that the police asked Kate to keep it after Maddy disappeared. I doubt very much that the journal would mention KM's possible abuse of her children.

If it is the passage I'm thinking of, (and this is not saying that it was found at all, blah, blah, blah) King David saw a beautiful woman bathing on her rooftop and he said to himself, I want that woman.

Her husband Uriah was a military leader in David's army. David arranged for the general to be left alone and basically, set up to be killed, so he could have Bathsheba as his wife.

She became pregnant, and they had a son. The prophet Nathan showed up to give David a talk. Nathan tells David a story about a man who is so wealthy, and has many sheep, but takes the lamb of a very poor man. David is outraged and says the wealthy man who had so much, should be punished.

And then Nathan tells David that "you are that man." As penance for the sin of killing Uriah, the child will die.

David goes into deep repentance with ashes and seclusion and fasting, praying for the child's life to be spared, but the child still dies. David stops his fasting and accepts his consequence.

It's a deeply tragic and moving story.And of course, could have no bearing upon this at all.

Wow. No wonder why I could never get through the Bible. I take things so literally that this goes right over my head.:crazy::crazy:
...or it could be that it is 4.30 am here!!!
Thanks for teaching me something new tonight.

Interesting,if true. When you continue to put detail after detail, if it is all true, makes for a darn good argumentative case for guilt.

King David's son died at Birth due to his sin in taking another man's (Uriah) wife (Bathsheba), and haing intimancy with her. Hmmm don't know what Kate or Gerry's motive for that section of the Bible would be.

I did read my Bible on vacation for five weeks in Florida. I do believe this. Their entering the presence of the Pope could very well be a curse just as much as a Blessing. Be careful what you pray for, it may come true in ways you didn't expect.

I'm sure the Pope prayed for answers and a return of Maddy. Most annointed men of the cloth are led and given the acceptable prayer as it's time to prayer when given to them that particular opportunity. Who knows what effects this having visited the Pope has played in the case.

If true, the PL has the evidence they need to charge the McCanns!

Wow. No wonder why I could never get through the Bible. I take things so literally that this goes right over my head.:crazy::crazy:
...or it could be that it is 4.30 am here!!!
Thanks for teaching me something new tonight.

you're welcome, but I have to confess, I did my best to avoid Old Testament when I was at a private religious-based university, because it was brutal. You had to memorize all the Jebzites and Hittites and tribes, and it was populated strongly by stern-minded pre-preacher boys. I took economic history which had a much higher ratio of, in my opinion, dateable men.

Now you know how truly shallow I was. :dance:

That said, I'll add, O/T, that David was spoken of in the Bible as being a man after God's own heart. He blew it big time, but he was publicly repentant and humble and in the end, wanted to please his God.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion...

Kate is always described as being "deeply religious" as opposed to Gerry, but I really don't know how much more so she is, than him. He might be just as convicted but not so convinced he has to attend weekly Mass. She might truly be much more convicted than him, and this is a point of contention between them. Or they might be equally laissez-faire in believing but not feeling the need attend weekly--prior to Maddie's disappearance.

King David repented and was forgiven, but he was guaranted that there would not be peace in his own house as was proven with what happened with Absalom. David remained married to Bathsheba who later bore King Solomon, Israel prospered and did well under David's reign, and there was peace in the land. Maybe Madeline's mother was reading a little further than just repenting and hoping that her life could continue on without too much punishment.

txsvicki said "Maybe Madeline's mother was reading a little further than just repenting and hoping that her life could continue on without too much punishment." Well, it appears that she might get her wish. Unless REAL big news happens.....not just a major "swoop" or "breaking news" that we have heard for weeks now, I fear that we will be discussing this case along side JBR's for years to come.

Hi Texana

Do you have a source for the bible being open to that page?
A source you can post so we can all see this is not a rumour...it's getting really hard to work out whats fact and whats fiction in this case.
TIA!
I've been on this forum for a long time, and if something is printed in a newspaper, even a foreign one that has to be translated, it is considered a source. Everything is actually a "rumor" unless it comes directly from the police, and we are not likely to get any better sources before a trial.

I guess I don't see what the problem is. Someone is just posting what they read in the newspaper, and not an "opinion."

And object mentioned in the newspaper cannot just be an opinion.

"Not exactly typical vacation reading, is it? "

I think the vacation ended the night Maddy went missing.

Regarding the book about crimes, perhaps they were doing a bit of their own investigating, trying to figure out who took her?

It's all how we look at things, glass half empty/full....

The book was called "the interpretation of murder". The title appears to ahve raised suspicions. In fact it is a murder mystery novel, and was on the bestseller list a couple of years ago. And I thin a murder mystery book is rather typical holiday reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab