Bosma Murder Trial 02.02.16 - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillay talking now about De Boer's testimony saying the man was "reclusive," having his hands in his pockets, his slouched posture. Not standing up straight like the first man.
by Adam Carter 1:34 PM

De Boer says he doesn’t usually pay attention to clothes, but did notice the hooded man that night. His hoodie was a “warmer shirt than was required for the weather.”
by Adam Carter 1:33 PM

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 44s44 seconds ago
Pillay notes the unsuitability of wearing s hoodie over one's head when it's warm out as it was May 6, 2013

gotta go! can someone continue? xo

I can do Mark Carcasole until about 2:20

Thanks for the tweets, Matou!

Pillay also suggesting the second man was wearing a backback, but De Boer says he doesn't recall.
by Adam Carter 1:36 PM

“You got the impression as if he was holding back, trying to stay away?” Pillay asks.

“Yes.” De Boer answers.

“Like he was trying to conceal himself.” Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 1:35 PM

Pillay is now finished. Dungey - Smich's lawyer - will now cross examine.
by Adam Carter 1:38 PM

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
"1st guy came fwd, made eye contact, spoke clearly, you felt like you could trust him...Other guy hung back...Concealed his face & body."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
DeBoer responds "yes," to #Millard lawyer Pillay's assertion. (See previous tweet)

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 54s55 seconds ago
#Millard lawyer Pillay wraps cross examination of Wayne DeBoer. Now over to #Smich lawyer Tom Dungey. #Bosma

Pillay also suggesting the second man was wearing a backback, but De Boer says he doesn't recall.
by Adam Carter 1:36 PM

“You got the impression as if he was holding back, trying to stay away?” Pillay asks.

“Yes.” De Boer answers.

“Like he was trying to conceal himself.” Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 1:35 PM

So, how long is Smich and his lawyer going to sit back and allow Millard and his sketchy lawyer pin this all on him?

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 45s46 seconds ago
"You really just got a glimpse of these people?" asks Dungey, referring to Wayne DeBoer's police statement. "Yes" he replies. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 18s18 seconds ago
"The tall guy was really in control of the situation, correct?" asks Dungey, noting he did all the talking, inspecting. "Yes," says DeBoer.

pffttt, it's defence lawyers against each other.

Feb 2 2016 1:39 PMDungey saying that he “got a glimpse" of these men. "The tall guy was really in control of the situation at all times, right?" Dungey asks. "From what I could see, yes." De Boer answers.

Feb 2 2016 1:39 PMDungey saying that he “got a glimpse" of these men. "The tall guy was really in control of the situation at all times, right?" Dungey asks. "From what I could see, yes." De Boer answers.

It would seem the each defense lawyer is going to try to blame the other defendant.

Dungey says that De Boer can’t say if tall guy had a satchel or anything, and can’t say why other man with the hoodie was dressed as he was – he might have been ill or something, Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 1:42 PM

(Yep, looks like this is going the obvious route. I just caught up to read the stuff about DM grinning at Sharlene Bosma and spinning in his chair. Will be interested to hear the rationalizations of that one. So gross.)

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Both Dungey and Pillay had focused on whether either person who showed up had been carrying a bag. #HamOnt

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 25s25 seconds ago
#Smich lawyer Dungey suggests its "weird" a guy shows up at 9 pm & checks for a minute before taking truck on test drive. DeBoer agrees.

Dungey suggesting that DeBoer didn't note a pack back on shorter man meant he didn't have one. WD disagrees. "Means I didn't notice" #Smich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 10s10 seconds ago
As #Smich lawyer Dungey discusses behaviour and demeanour of the two men, #Millard lawyer Pillay rises to object. Jury asked to leave room.

Lisa Hepfner Retweeted
Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 4m4 minutes ago
Millard glances over at Smich in the courtroom and smiles. Smich keeps his eyes locked on his lawyer. @CHCHNews

Just so you all remember, Thomas Dungey is representing Smich, and Pillay is representing Millard.
by Adam Carter 1:46 PM

I can't talk about anything being discussed with the jury gone.
by Adam Carter 1:44 PM

Pillay objects to Dungey's assessment that the first man with the cell phone wasn't interested in buying the truck. Jury is being led out to discuss.

Both Dungey and Pillay had focused on whether either person who showed up had been carrying a bag.
by Adam Carter 1:43 PM

(Does anyone know why the focus on a backpack? I feel like I missed something.)

(Edit: I also notice we have a lot fewer viewers today. I'm guessing most people's minds are made up after yesterday's depressing revelations.)

Just so you all remember, Thomas Dungey is representing Smich, and Pillay is representing Millard.
by Adam Carter 1:46 PM

I can't talk about anything being discussed with the jury gone.

Pillay objects to Dungey's assessment that the first man with the cell phone wasn't interested in buying the truck. Jury is being led out to discuss.

Both Dungey and Pillay had focused on whether either person who showed up had been carrying a bag.
by Adam Carter 1:43 PM

(Does anyone know why the focus on a backpack? I feel like I missed something.)

BBM
Trying to suggest whoever had a backpack was carrying a gun/is the shooter? I do hope DM's ebay history will be allowed as evidence.

Well the defense strategy just came clearly into focus. Blame each other BUT is that an overall strategy that works against conviction for both defendants? Is this a team strategy? If the jury has any doubt as to which one pulled the trigger, can both of these guys get away with first degree murder? Or in a case like this, does it matter who actually pulled the trigger?

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 19s19 seconds ago
Ok. Quick matter. Sorted. Jury being brought back now. #MillardSmich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members