Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Smich would rap about guns, but Daly disagrees with the suggestion from Pillay that he rapped about "his gun" #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Pillay quoting a rap in which Smich says "my .380 is no stranger/when I'm angered you're in danger."
Daly doesn't remember that. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Daly told police he sang about.. "my 380 is no stranger. when i am angered you are in danger. " Daly doesn't remember. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
"When I'm angered, you're in danger," it continues. Daly says he doesn't remember.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
#Smich would rap about his gun. "My 380 is no stranger. When I'm angered you're in danger." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Pillay recites Smich's rap lyrics: My 380 is no stranger. When it's out, you're in danger #BosmaTrial

Daly says he was uncomfortable with the toolbox because the gun was there. The first person he called about picking up the toolbox was Daly.
by Adam Carter 10:40 AM

Daly didn't get that call, so Smich went to Arthur to move it.
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

The toolbox with the gun was placed in Smich's house. "Mark told you that he hid the toolbox in his house," Pillay says. "Yup," Daly says. Smich said he hid it in a compartment in a washing machine in the home's garage.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

Happy that was cleared up!

Pillay now asking about the day after May 6 when Smich walked right past him and didn't acknowledge him. Eventually, Marlena (his girlfriend) came out with the pot he was going to buy.

by*Adam Carter*10:37 AM

Daly says he doesn't remember the lyric "my 380 is no stranger, when I'm in anger you're in danger." #TimBosma

P: mark told you he received the toolbox from Arthur. He didn't go himself to go get it.
Yes Daly says. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Correction: My .380 is no stranger, when I'm ANGRY you're in danger. #BosmaTrial

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Smich didn't want to move the tool box. he wanted nothing to do with it. He was afraid of it. Daly was too. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

"It was abundantly clear he wanted to have as little to do w the toolbox as possible...he was afraid of it," P says. Yes, Daly says. #Bosma

Smich didn't want to have anything to do with the toolbox. He told Daly he was first choice for picking up toolbox. Tried to call him.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
When it came to the toolbox, Smich reached out to Daly first. His best friend. So Arthur had to do it. #BosmaTrial

First person he'd called to move it was Daly. Called him repeatedly. But couldn't reach him so he had Arthur do it. #Bosma

Daly says Smich called him repeatedly to pick up the toolbox over a day and a night and Arthur ended up doing it #TimBosma

Pillay: "Mark told you his gun was in the toolbox."
Daly: yes. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
But Smich only wanted Daly to move it. Daly didn't want to. Arthur had to do it. Smich told him his gun was inside.#TimBosma @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
P: mark told you he hid the toolbox with his gun inside in a washing machine which was in the garage.
Yes. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s50 seconds ago
"This seems kind of repetitive," Daly says as Pillay continues to ask about Smich's anger issues.
"I ask the questions" Pillay says. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 35s35 seconds ago
Smich was angry, had a short fuse and when he blew his top Daly said he didn't like to be around though "he would never hurt me." #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 50s50 seconds ago
Smith could blow a fuse. Daly didn't always want to be around. Says he felt unsafe. He wouldn't hurt me. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s37 seconds ago
Smich did not have a job ever in the time Daly knew him. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s39 seconds ago
"It's been like that since first met him." Daly agree Smich had anger issue, bad temper, short fuse. (Daly: "this seems kind of repetitive."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
Daly worked at metroland newspapers. #Bosma

RBBM

Didn't Daly say he knew him for 5 years or something? MS never had a single job in 5 years? And yet he could afford to smoke pot every day? Maybe Daly doesn't count dealing drugs as a job.

Smich told Arthur to get toolbox. Placed in Smich's house. Hid it in a washing machine in the garage.

Pillay: Mark told you he put his gun in a toolbox, in a washing machine, at his mother's house. His gun inside. Daly: Yes #BosmaTrial

After that, Mark Smich said he was afraid to stay there. Daly agrees #BosmaTrial

P: once he did that, he told you he was afraid to stay there. So he packed up and moved to Marlena's sisters place.
D: yes. #Bosma

Mark Smich was afraid his mother's house may be raided by police (and it was, days after Millard's arrest) #BosmaTrial

P: He told you he was afraid his mothers place would be raised by police...he didn't want to be around the toolbox.
Daly agrees. #Bosma

Smich then said he was afraid to stay there, Daly says. "He told you he was afraid that his mother's house might be raided by the police," Pillay says. Daly says yes.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

His mother was living there. "Mark didn't tell you, 'Hey, I'm worried about my mom?'" Pillay asks. "No, he didn't say that," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Pillay says Smich indicated to him he would run if need be. "I think he might have said that at one point." Daly says. "He would have left his mother saddled with the trouble of having this gun under her roof," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

Smich said he was afraid to stay at the house because it may be raised by cops. Went to stay at Marlena's sister's apartment.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Smich was afraid his mother's house might be raised by police and the toolbox with the gun would be found, Daly says #BosmaTrial

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 4m4 minutes ago
At #Bosma murder trial, accused killer Mark Smich's purported rap lyrics read: "My 380 is no stranger / When I'm angered you're in danger."

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 2m2 minutes ago
Court has previously heard a 380 bullet casing was found in #TimBosma's blood-stained truck, making reference seemingly relevant. #Law #rap

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Smich didn't say he was worried about his mom.

Mark's mom still lived at Montrose, where the gun was stashed. "He never said he was worried about his mom?" P asks. D: he did not #Bosma

Looks like Pillay is returning the friendly fire. Dungey just happened to go first with SS.

Daly says Smich never said he was worried about his mom's welfare or sister's even though the gun was stashed in their house

Police surveillance photos of Mark Smich, taken days after Dellen Millard's arrest #BosmaTrial

CfXe3mZWAAA43UB.jpg

P: he did say if the cops raided his moms house and found the gun, he would run.
D: I think he said that, yeah. #Bosma

Smich said if cops found gun he would run.

Daly would go see Smich often once he moved into Marlena's sister's place. A bit farther a walk. #Bosma

Smich also told Daly he would run if the cops found it, the jury hears #Bosma

Daly says one day when Smich had gone to stay at his girlfriend's sister, his mom and sister came there and his sister was screaming. "She said whatever you've got, get rid of it," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

The media had been to the house that day, and that's when Smich instructed Daly to get on his phone and try to find someone who would buy the gun.
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

Daly says it's "fair to say" he was worried that the gun had been used for a crime. "Something was up, yeah." Daly says he didn't want anything to do with it.
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

Smich was afraid to leave the apartment. #Bosma

At one point, Smich's mom and sister came by. Mom waited downstairs. Sister came up, screamed at him. #Bosma

Pillay asking Daly about Smich's sister and mother coming to see Mark, to get his things out of his mother's house #BosmaTrial

Smich was afraid to leave apartment. One time Daly was there and Smich's mother/sister were there. Sister screamed for him to get his stuff.

Daly: She said 'whatever you got, get it out of the house.' #BosmaTrial

"She said whatever you've got get rid of it," Daly recalls. Mark had told him the media had showed up at their house. #Bosma

In his statement, Daly says: "The way that he was, I didn't want to be any near the toolbox, and the way that he made Arthur move it around for him."
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

Daly says Arthur was "a bit of a pushover," agrees that Smich treated Arthur like a "servant or slave."
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

"Mark described Arthur as his *advertiser censored*," Pillay says. Daly responds yes, while chuckling.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Smich was upset with Arthur about moving the toolbox, because he told his mother about the toolbox, and she confronted him, yelling in Russian.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

BBM

Anyone else remember something about a mysterious Russian comment about "the wolf" when this first came out?

"You knew that helping someone transfer an illegal firearm was a serious offense," Pillay says. "Correct," Daly responds.
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

Daly says Mark "pressured" him, and demanded help to get rid of the run.
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

But he still complied. "He had that much influence over you," Pillay says. "Correct," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 10:49 AM

Media had been to Smich house after Millard's arrest.

By this time, reporters had already showed up at Smich's mother's house in Oakville #BosmaTrial

Smich told Daly the media had been to his house and Smich's sister "freaked out" telling him to get "whatever you have"out of the house

After this, Mark told Daly to get on his phone and help him get rid of the gun, Pillay suggests. Daly agrees. #Bosma

Pillay: You were fearful the gun was used in a crime? Daly: Yeah, that's fair to say I guess #BosmaTrial

Daly wanted nothing to do with it, even though Smich was asking him to help get rid of it #BosmaTrial

'Something was up, absolutely' says Daly #BosmaTrial

P: Mark's behaviour was making you concerned. You put two and two together.
D: something was up yeah. #Bosma

Smich told Daly to try to get rid of his gun. Daly was fearful gun had been used in crime. "Something was up." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
When the media shows up at Smichs house his sister and mom freak out. Tell him to get his stuff out of her house. #TimBosma @AM900CHML

Pillay: You didn't want to be a broker to get rid of the gun? Daly: Correct #BosmaTrial

P: you didn't want to be the broker of this gun. You knew it was a criminal offence. You knew you could get in trouble for that
D: correct

Smich then said he was afraid to stay there, Daly says. "He told you he was afraid that his mother's house might be raided by the police," Pillay says. Daly says yes.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

His mother was living there. "Mark didn't tell you, 'Hey, I'm worried about my mom?'" Pillay asks. "No, he didn't say that," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Pillay says Smich indicated to him he would run if need be. "I think he might have said that at one point." Daly says. "He would have left his mother saddled with the trouble of having this gun under her roof," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

Maybe this explains why MS's mother isn't sitting in court in support of her son?

BBM

Anyone else remember something about a mysterious Russian comment about "the wolf" when this first came out?

Absolutely. I don't have time to go back in old threads while I'm transcribing the blog, but yes I for sure remember that in the early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member