Bosma Murder Trial 05.18.16 - Day 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It could have been a joke or something stupid I said ... you could be a lawyer, you could be a doctor, it's an occupation," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:50 AM

Not without rhyming it with b**** or M*&^F$*^& first.

MOO

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says from his count he's been convicted for 7 separate offences (incl as a youth). Smich says he'd need to refresh his memory. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 56s57 seconds ago
Sachak now talking about Smich's criminal record, and says Smich has seven convictions. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says Smich has been found guilty of 7 separate offences. Smich says he needs his memory refreshed. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Smich criminal record - convicted of 7 separate offences. Showing him his record. #Bosma @CTVNews

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich is asked if he's been convicted of 7 seperate offenses. "I'd need to refresh my memory," he says. He's getting his chance now. #Bosma

"You'd be correct" Smich says. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 56s56 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich studies his criminal record "That's correct" he says, about his 7 prior convictions. #Bosma #HamOnt

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
The first part of his record starts in 2003. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"These seven previous convictions, none of them were committed with Dellen Millard," Sachak says. "Nope," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 56s57 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak: All of these crimes were committed by you, and Dellen was not involved? Smich: I didn't know Dell then #Bosma #HamONt

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Smich's criminal record starts 2003. None of the 7 convictions were committed with Dellen Millard. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 28s28 seconds ago
The one adult charge, drinking and driving, Millard wasn't involved. The others as a youth Smich wouldn't have known Millard, he says

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich didn't know Dellen at time of his youth record.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
His adult conviction was for impaired driving.

Sachak shows him a copy of his record. Smich reads it, agrees. Sachak says none of those were committed with Dellen Millard. Agreed. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 47s47 seconds ago
There was a cocaine possession charge as an adult. Smich thinks he was charged as a youth & convicted as an adult. Sachak disagrees

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich has youth convictions. As an adult, he was convicted of impaired driving, possessing cocaine. #Bosma #HamOnt

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
Millard's lawyer making the point that all of Smich's convictions are done without #Millard #Bosma @CTVNews

"These seven previous convictions, none of them were committed with Dellen Millard," Sachak says. "Nope," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:53 AM

"For my youth record, I wouldn't have known him at that time, and the one [adult charge] that's when I would have known Dellen, and no, he was not involved."
by Adam Carter 10:54 AM

Two convictions were when Smich was over 18 -- one was impaired driving, another was possession of cocaine.
by Adam Carter 10:56 AM

On March 11, 2004, Smich was found guilty of failing to comply with a disposition -- he was placed on a court order and he violated it.
by Adam Carter 10:57 AM

I thought charges under the YOA were supposed to be sealed. It appears they have been unsealed for this case.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak: "I hate to get into a legal debate with you." Reminds Smich he also has an adult conviction for possession of a scheduled substance.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 44s44 seconds ago
"I assure you, you're wrong," Sachak says he knows, as a lawyer, that Smich was an adult when convicted of having cocaine.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 52s52 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak continues to dig at Smich's past. What Millard's lawyer hasn't gone into yet, is the events of May 6, 2013 #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 48s48 seconds ago
Sachak going through the individual convictions. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 36s36 seconds ago
Smich also violated a court order, he agrees. 2004

March 11, 2004 in Burlington youth court. Found guilty for fail to comply with disposition. Violated court order. #Bosma

It might have had something to do with a curfew. Smich doesn't remember. "You intentionally broke that promise and violated it, right?"

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 58s59 seconds ago
I was just out a bit later than my curfew, Smich says. It could have been an accident. Sachak says he wouldn't have been found guilty then

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
In March 2004 he was found guilty for failing to comply with court ordered conditions. Smich says maybe it was a curfew or something.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Smich is making excuses for that conviction. Says he probably was 5 minutes late on curfew. But he doesn't really remember. #Bosma

We KNOW NS. Your client is squeaky clean in the eyes of the law.
But as we also KNOW..... He was just never caught ..... YET

Smich says he believes this was for violating a curfew.
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

Sachak now talking about the legal intricacies of Smich's record.
by Adam Carter 11:00 AM

Sachak is going through his record point by point to showcase that Smich committed crimes before meeting Millard. He's said this several times now.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

Smich was fined $1,500 for cocaine possession.

"Why were you drinking and driving?" Sachak asks. Dungey asks to address the court without the jury. They're sent out.
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

I thought charges under the YOA were supposed to be sealed. It appears they have been unsealed for this case.

Ya I don't get that, I thought the young offenders act protected that?? I don't understand that ...

Ya I don't get that, I thought the young offenders act protected that?? I don't understand that ...

Could it have something to do with him going there with TD? If he opened it up for discussion for him, it may now be open to cross?

MOO

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard's lawyer has said several times to Smich, "YOU shot Mr. Bosma" but Smich has maintained it was Millard #Bosma #HamOnt

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak now talking about the legal intricacies of Smich's record. #TimBosma #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 3m3 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer's cross: Smich's drug use, treatment of GF, crim record, hide gun, video games, angry rap, no memory. #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
In January 2007 he was found guilty of possession of cocaine. A $1500 fine. Also found guilty of breaching an undertaking. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak suggests again that he violated a promise he had made. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 43s43 seconds ago
"Why were you drinking and driving?" Sachak asks. Dungey asks to address the court without the jury. They're sent out. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 58s58 seconds ago
Dungey objects. Asks for jury to be excused. #Bosma

Jury is leaving the room. Smich's lawyer has something to say. #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 52s52 seconds ago
Sachak asks about drinking and driving--"why were you doing that?" Dungey asks to address the judge in absence of the jury. #Bosma

Jury is asked to step out. #Bosma

Oh come one now! Those petty crimes are nothing to even compare murder to. Besides imparement if he had of killed someone under the influence behind the wheel. I know people that got caught with drugs and caught stealing, they are in no way murders. Heck so petty that they got little to no time.

I really hope Mr S move on soon!

Jury now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Jury being recalled. #Bosma

Smich was fined $1,500 for cocaine possession.

Humm, couldn't have been that much on him to only get a $1,500 fine.

Sachak again asks why he was drinking and driving. "I'm not sure, sir," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

Smich was in an SUV at the time. This was in 2010.

Sachak asks whose car Smich was driving. He doesn't remember. He also didn't have a licence.
by Adam Carter 11:09 AM

Sachak again asks whose car he was driving. Smich says it "was a long time ago."
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

Sachak asks if he remembers the SUV going into a ditch and rolling a few times. Smich again says he doesn't remember.

Sachak: Why were you drinking and driving? Smich: I'm not sure, sir #Bosma #HamOnt

Why were you drinking and driving? "I'm not sure sir." Smich says he's having difficulty remembering all his charges. #Bosma

Jury is back. Sachak asks again, why were you drinking and driving. Says Smich was driving an SUV. Smich says he doesn't know. #Bosma

Sachak says this was his last conviction. He asks again "why were you drinking and driving?" He asks whose car he was driving. #Bosma

"I honestly don't recall, Smich says he has difficulty remembering all these charges. But this was just 6 years ago, Sachak says

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"That's your last conviction," Sachak doesn't believe Smich's lack of memory. "Who's car were you driving?"

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich was not licensed when he was caught for drunk driving. #Bosma #HamOnt

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak asks whose car Smich was driving. He doesn't remember. He also didn't have a licence. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich has never had a driver's license. Never went for official driving lessons. Never had a car. #Bosma

Smich now addressing the fact he has never had a license to drive a car, owned a car, nor has he ever learned to drive. #Bosma

Sachak asks again: "whose car were you driving drunk?" Smich says it was a long time ago, he's trying to turn his mind to it. #Bosma

Sachak asks if he remembers the SUV going into a ditch and rolling. Smich says it was six years ago. #Bosma

***MS is not doing himself any favours not owning up to anything. Foolish move. Obviously he stole the SUV. SMH

Sachak again asks why he was drinking and driving. "I'm not sure, sir," Smich says.

Smich was in an SUV at the time. This was in 2010.

Sachak asks whose car Smich was driving. He doesn't remember. He also didn't have a licence.
by Adam Carter 11:09 AM

Sachak again asks whose car he was driving. Smich says it "was a long time ago."

Sachak asks if he remembers the SUV going into a ditch and rolling a few times. Smich again says he doesn't remember.

This is a definite BS from MS.

MOO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"Who's car were you driving drunk?" I'm trying to turn my mind to this but I don't want to confuse myself, Smich says

Do you recall the car going into a ditch and rolling over a few times? Smich doesn't really remember that.

"My mind hasn't been turned to this, I seem to be confusing myself," Smich says.

***The jury will hate this IMO.

I think Sachak is wasting way too much time trying to tear his character down. He is on trial for murder and not his past. In noway does anything he has done in his past make him a murderer. Everyone knows people who have assaulted someone, caught selling drugs, stolen a car and many other petty crimes he has been convicted of. I know a ton of guys who used to rap with violent lyrics (everyone outside their rap persona were not at all violent.) That is just the rap culture. I play violent video games myself. How many murderers do I know 0. It is time to move on. I was always told by lawyers do not focus on character is that is not what is on trial.

Ok, I do not believe he doesn't remember "who's SUV" UNLESS this was his first hotwire, screwdriver car theft? Then of course he wouldn't remember "who's" SUV it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member