Bosma Murder Trial 05.24.16 - Day 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destroying evidence still does not nail him though. Come on Fraser, I'm rooting for you lol

Not really understanding why Fraser is focusing on the cleanup? Smich has already admitted to all this. We need him to poke holes in Smich's contention that he was not present for the shooting.

Fraser also pointing out the two of them had a fire extinguisher, as evidence of planning.
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

Fraser pointing out it's "just the two of you" that destroyed all this evidence. Smich agrees.
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

Fraser now talking about when things got "worrisome" because of Arthur Jennings.

Not really understanding why Fraser is focusing on the cleanup? Smich has already admitted to all this. We need him to poke holes in Smich's contention that he was not present for the shooting.

It's almost like he's going backwards in the order of events.

That's what I'm saying. It doesn't nail him for anything except AATF right now.

My guess is he is getting him to admit very clearly all the clean up and destroying of evidence he did first. Then he will get into the "why did you not call for help?" "you didn't just help the night of the murder, you helped for many days after and even after DM was arrested. You don't act out of fear for that long." That sort of route is my guess.

I can't figure out how to copy and paste tweets or I could help out for a bit ... sorry guys

IMO Fraser has a playbook for MS (yet again) admitting his involvement in everything, including planning, but denying the planning / executing of murder. MS testimony is not logical. Jury can fill in the missing gaps.

"Things were heating up. Things were not going as planned. RIght?" Fraser says.

Fraser says it "stands to reason" if people were getting suspicious, they'd move the truck. Smich agrees they did.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

"The very vehicle that could implicate you both ... was being taken by you and Mr. Millard away from the hangar," Fraser says. Smich agrees.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

Smich sounds much more reserved today than he did under cross from Millard's counsel.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

Fraser says Smich must have discussed what Millard was going to do with the truck. Millard ended up taking it to his mother's house.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

"He seemed very in control of everything, and kept telling me not to worry," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

"You knew it was going up to his mother's because you talked about it," Fraser says. "No sir, we did not," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:39 AM

Smich agrees that police visited Millard on May 10. "You're the second call Mr. Millard makes after the police leave the hangar," Fraser says. "What he tells you is, 'it's not looking good.'" Smich says "I don't remember the conversation, sir."
by Adam Carter 10:40 AM

"You're Canada's most wanted at this point ... and you don't remember?" Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 10:40 AM

Fraser says Smich met with Millard for 50 minutes that day. "It's possible he called me and told me he needed to talk to me," Smich says. Smich says Daly was there for that conversation.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

"He knows that the jog is up. He knows the police are onto him. That's what he tells you in that 50 minute meeting." Fraser says. Smich says he doesn't remember. "It's very difficult to remember a verbal conversation from that long ago," Smich says. "No it's not," Fraser shoots back.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

Fraser says they were talking about what happened when Millard got arrested. "Get the drugs, and get the gun. Get the weapon from Mr. Hagerman," Fraer says. Smich says no.
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Fraser says Smich destroyed the murder weapon, and it's beyond the reach of law enforcement. Smich agrees.
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

Fraser says the initial plan was to steal a 3500 truck. The middle part of the plan is the execution of it. And the end the "what to do to cover your tracks."
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

"That's what criminals do," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

IMO Fraser has a playbook for MS (yet again) admitting his involvement in everything, including planning, but denying the planning / executing of murder. MS testimony is not logical. Jury can fill in the missing gaps.

Wish I was as optimistic as you. I've felt since the beginning that the case against Smich was weak and the the crown was basically doing a "guilty by association" kind of thing. However, Smich's story takes him away from the murder scene, and it is at the very least plausible. I don't believe his story, but as Millard's version is so far fetched and the crown has offered no scenario at all, I think it is imperative that the crown proves that things didn't go down as Smich claims.

Smich says there wasn't supposed to be anything to conceal or destroy.
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

"If the plan was to only steal a truck, and that plan was in place for over a year -- I'm going to suggest to you that it was a whole lot more than stealing a truck. A truck was easy for you guys," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

He lists all the other things Smich and Millard stole. "You were good at it."
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

"You needed a target to kill, and you needed a target to incinerate it. And that's why, Mr. Smich, it took as long as it did," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 10:49 AM

"That Eliminator, so chillingly referred to as a BBQ, was in fact, the last piece of the puzzle," Fraser says. "That was not part of the plan, sir," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:50 AM

Smich very quietly agrees Bosma's remains were burned.
by Adam Carter 10:51 AM

The Crown keeps referring to this as "their" plan. Except it was DM who:

- wanted that specific type of truck
- purchased the Eliminator
- purchased a gun

So while there is no question MS was involved, it's pretty obvious this was DM's plan, and MS just went along with it. Whether he ever knew a man would be killed or not, still remains unclear to me.

moo.

Fraser says we're now going to go over texts between Millard and Smich. First from Feb. 29, 2012.
by Adam Carter 10:52 AM

Millard texts to Smich: "Next on the list is: getting you a G1, sound equipment for recording, nab a Dodge 3500, sell the green jeep, nab a nacra18 sailboat."
by Adam Carter 10:53 AM

Next is from March 14, 2012. In them, Smich repeatedly texts how much he loves Millard. "I love you a whole lot like large, big, huge ..."
by Adam Carter 10:54 AM

Smich says he treated Millard like family.
by Adam Carter 10:55 AM

The Crown keeps referring to this as "their" plan. Except it was DM who:

- wanted that specific type of truck
- purchased the Eliminator
- purchased a gun

So while there is no question MS was involved, it's pretty obvious this was DM's plan, and MS just went along with it. Whether he ever knew a man would be killed or not, still remains unclear to me.

moo.

This. My exact feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members