Bosma Murder Trial 05.24.16 - Day 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fraser says that Smich went down to the road at Millard's farm to make sure no one had followed. Smich agrees.
by Adam Carter 10:08 AM

Smich agrees it's a fact that he helped Millard hitch the eliminator to the truck. "The two of you were working together in execution of the plan," Fraser says. "No sir, that was not the plan," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:10 AM

Fraser now talking about the video of Smich and Millard walking in the hangar. He says there was no confusion in that walk -- they were "calmly going about their business." "It was a stroll," Fraser says. Smich disagrees.
by Adam Carter 10:12 AM

I know I'm behind in commentary, but if the tempo of their stroll on video is how the Crown is going to nail MS, then I worry that they aren't going to be much more effective than NS.

Fraser says the two had each other's backs. "That's how it was at the time sir," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:55 AM

Now March 20, 2012 from Millard to Smich. "I've seen sooo many opportunities for little jobs that would balance out the flor of cash cigarettes and booze, so that big missions you could get way bigger [payoffs]."
by Adam Carter 10:57 AM

Now March 24, 2012 from Millard to Smich. "I think we can grab that truck I need before I go to the states next. They are common enough, it doesn't have to be that one, it just has to be a Dodge 3500." Smich responds they need a "proper plan" and "can't make any mistakes."
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

The Crown keeps referring to this as "their" plan. Except it was DM who:

- wanted that specific type of truck
- purchased the Eliminator
- purchased a gun

So while there is no question MS was involved, it's pretty obvious this was DM's plan, and MS just went along with it. Whether he ever knew a man would be killed or not, still remains unclear to me.

moo.

I feel the same way.

I know I'm behind in commentary, but if the tempo of their stroll on video is how the Crown is going to nail MS, then I worry that they aren't going to be much more effective than NS.

It seemed to me that the clip of them walking into the hangar said a lot about them. DM walked in confidently, MS was looking behind him (paranoia?). IMO

Smich says at that time they were scoping out a vehicle.

"It doesn't take 15 months to execute the theft of a truck," Fraser says.

Fraser says the next message illustrates lethal force coming into play.
by Adam Carter 11:00 AM

So while there is no question MS was involved, it's pretty obvious this was DM's plan, and MS just went along with it. Whether he ever knew a man would be killed or not, still remains unclear to me. moo.

I agree they haven't proven MS knew, but I am not convinced proof of awareness is needed for 1st degree.

Together DM and MS planned a truck theft. Together DM and MS executed a truck theft. During that theft, TB was murdered. Together DM and MS covered up evidence.
My understanding is that this is enough for DM and MS to each get 1st degree. Together.

Fraser asks why someone would have a handgun while executing a criminal plan if they weren't planning to kill. "There's many different reasons why people would have guns," Smich says. "You could have it for protection.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

From April 15, 2012 from Millard to Simch. Millard is in Vegas. "Five fingered you some practice ammo," Millard texts with a photo of bullets. Smich responds "I did research. The short ones are good for what u got. The ones with flat heads like you have already. Round ones will jam."
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

Fraser says this shows Smich is comfortable with guns and bullets. Other photos with him and guns shows "glorification of violence," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

Not really understanding why Fraser is focusing on the cleanup? Smich has already admitted to all this. We need him to poke holes in Smich's contention that he was not present for the shooting.

Holy, he just started. Give him a chance to do his thing.

"You were helping him find ammo, that would be good for the Walther that you took a picture with," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 11:05 AM

"I wasn't against it. I thought it was interesting. It wasn't meant to harm anybody," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

"A gun, used to kill people, you thought was interesting," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

Fraser again says Smich taking a photo with a gun is a "glorification of violence." Smich says he was being "foolish at the time."
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

"We have evidence of the two of you handling the murder weapon," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

"Was one of those used to kill Tim Bosma?" Fraser says about the photo of bullets. "I don't know sir," Smich says in a quiet voice.
by Adam Carter 11:09 AM

Fraser asks why someone would have a handgun while executing a criminal plan if they weren't planning to kill. "There's many different reasons why people would have guns," Smich says. "You could have it for protection.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

From April 15, 2012 from Millard to Simch. Millard is in Vegas. "Five fingered you some practice ammo," Millard texts with a photo of bullets. Smich responds "I did research. The short ones are good for what u got. The ones with flat heads like you have already. Round ones will jam."
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

Fraser says this shows Smich is comfortable with guns and bullets. Other photos with him and guns shows "glorification of violence," Fraser says.

Bad answer, MS! If he had no gun on him or no idea that DM had one on the test drive, this was his golden opportunity to say so! Instead MS gives reasons why people carry guns? For protection against an unarmed guy on a truck test-drive? Baloney!

All MOO.

Thanks meterclicks for copying AC's tweets. Finding the flow of the thread much easier today reading tweets of one author rather than multiple repeats from different twitter accounts.

For those wanting further tweets from other jurno's (SC, AH, LH etc) follow this link: https://twitter.com/AnnB03/lists/tim-bosma-trial

Now May 4, 2012 from Millard to Smich. "Lets get to work, got some empires to build. Part a) getting you a base and me a dodge 3500."
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

Now May 12, 2012 from Smich to Millard. "I'm f--kin hungry now for a mission too, and I kno I've been slackin on that lately. That's not fare. I'm too nice."
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

Smich says he was broke and needed money.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

Fraser asks why someone would have a handgun while executing a criminal plan if they weren't planning to kill. "There's many different reasons why people would have guns," Smich says. "you could have it for protection.

So the gun is for protection...
And the bullets are for ???????

Now from May 28, 2012. Fraser says this message pertains to the homemade incinerator Shane Schlatman built.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Schaltman testified he had a lot of difficulty building the home made one, which was constructed from barrels.
by Adam Carter 11:15 AM

Smich agrees he knew about that device and the Eliminator.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

Millard to Smich: "We go do incinerator, cool?" Smich responds: "Yo, I'm down bro."
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

This is at 10 p.m. Smich says he believes the incinerator was at the hangar.
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

"You and Mr. Millard were planning. And that's part of the plan because you had the truck, and you had the gun, and you had the bullets, but you didn't have the incinerator. And now, you're trying to get that phase of the plan in place." Smich says "No, sir."
by Adam Carter 11:19 AM

MS is going to sign off on his life sentence today.

Fraser is going to rattle him, and MS is going to slip up. Wait until he gets to the texts on the fireside furniture and sausages. It's coming.

Fraser now talking about May 7. "I didn't want to be involved, I was just pretending to go along with everything," Smich says. Fraser says we've heard his "justifications and excuses."
by Adam Carter 10:19 AM

"You were all in, Mr. Smich. You took that Eliminator out to the barn and you stuck it there away from prying eyes," Fraser says. Smich agrees they moved it on the 7th.
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

Fraser says Smich and Millard were at the hangar for two and a half hours on May 7. Smich says if that's the evidence, he agrees.
by Adam Carter 10:21 AM

It's funny, for someone who was just pretending to go along, he sure did wait until the absolute last moment to say "Just kidding, I was only pretending to help you cover up a murder! Gottcha! I was really an informant all along!"

He didn't do anything wrong, he was just pretending.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont June 6, 2012. Smich to Millard: "I'm lookin at a mobile one right now. Some chopping would be necessary."

Smich online, googling incinerators. Chopping... bodies
You don't chop garbage. MS is as guilty and sick as DM.
Crown has a long list showing MS involvement. MOO

"That is a year before you killed and burned Mr. Bosma. This is the plan, Mr. Smich," Smich says. "No sir, he said it was for garbage." Fraser says "So you're cool with leaving your house at 10 p.m. to go burn garbage?"
by Adam Carter 11:19 AM

Now from June 6, 2012. Smich texts Millard: "I'm lookin at a mobile one right now. Some chopping wood be necessary. It's called thermal treatment. The heat generated by incineration can be used to generate electric power."
by Adam Carter 11:21 AM

"You sir, are talking about the incineration," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 11:22 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member