Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Smich is telling the truth then:

• Brendan Daly, Smich’s close friend, lied on the stand when he told the jury Smich said the Walther PPK .380 handgun used in the Bosma slaying was Smich’s own gun;

• Andrew Michalski, Millard’s close friend, lied when he said that after Millard’s arrest, Smich asked him to bring him “the thing,” which was a tool box containing the gun, that Millard had passed to a third friend;

• Christina Noudga, Millard’s then-girlfriend, lied when she said she spoke on the phone with Smich the night Millard was arrested, and he told her that he had screwed up, and;

• Marlena Meneses, Smich’s girlfriend at the time, lied when she said Smich tried to get her to work as a stripper and had her rip off customers of his illegal drug trade by using “tricky scales” set to inaccurately weigh the drugs being sold.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ust-have-lied-jury-at-bosma-murder-trial-told

The statements from MM don't have anything to do directly with the murder of TB IMO.

Of course it does not mean that. People perceive and memorize things in very different ways. And here we have a bunch of clowns with THC exposures approaching those of Cheech and Chong.

I think both accused are guilty of murdering TB. They planned the truck theft together over a long time and had not been able to steal one by the time they went on the 1st test drive. Frustration and failure was getting to them both. I do think that IT got away only because they thought he'd pose a possible threat to them both. They were not going to let a solid opportunity pass again to get the diesel truck DM needed. On TB's test drive I believe that neither DM or MS were going to accept failure again. They went up TB's driveway with the full intention to take the truck and the owner to succeed in their mission at any cost, and I believe TB paid that cost with his life. I think he was doomed the moment he agreed to allow the later evening test drive. After that it was all systems go for both DM and MS.

In texts to and from DM, MS and even AM you can see DM's desperation building and he was fully prepared, and preparing others for more risky business than any of them had done in the past. It was time to dangerously escalate things and if violence was necessary to get that truck, so be it. DM succeeded in recruiting MS to be his accomplice. I think AM likely wanted no part of the plan and opted out because I believe it possible that DM had let others know he was ready to take a truck by force if need be. All DM and MS needed was the right truck and the right owner in the right circumstances. They decided on May 6th that TB was the right match to carry out their plan. They didn't have time to delay. There was no plan B to come back later to take TB's truck. Once they left the driveway with TB there was no looking back.

I believe that both DM and MS were armed and fully prepared and willing to use their weapons on the test drive with TB. Two men - fist to fist - with one victim could have easily overpowered that lone victim had TB put up any resistance and they knew it. They could have let TB live. They could have taken the truck and let TB out on a remote side road in the dead of night. They were cowards. They never planned to let TB leave alive. They took a gun or guns on that test drive because DM wanted a truck and wasn't going to keep scoping them out indefinitely. I think once he spoke to TB on the phone, DM determined that TB was a "nice guy" and that perception likely emboldened DM and MS in their plan. DM and MS thought that TB wouldn't put up a fight against two young and threatening guys while out alone on a test drive drive in his rural area on a Monday evening. I bet seeing SB in the driveway, and if TB had mentioned he just out his baby to bed, that DM and MS would be encouraged that they indeed chose a nice decent guy who had every reason to live and no reason to resist their plan. I believe they were right.

I think TB was killed by both accused once they got to the Bobcat location, a location I believe was pre-planned and one that DM was familiar with. The reason they killed TB there is by that time they were quite close to the farm and the incinerator and a reasonable distance from TB's area. I think the plan was to order TB out of the truck at gunpoint to shoot him outside of the truck and transfer his body into the bed if the truck, but something interfered with that plan. DM or MS may have shot TB before TB could comply with their command. Whichever of the accused deviated from the plan to shoot TB outside of the truck, it doesn't matter. TB was dead. TB's phone was discarded almost as an afterthought in the ensuing aftermath, in those adrenaline rushing moments. The interior of TB's truck was then covered in blood, and the mad getaway by two madmen began and the clean up and cover up went into full swing. Together. Two monsters that created a living nightmare. Together. And the accused stayed together throughout that terrible night as they coldly continued on. Together at the farm they put TB's body into the Eliminator. Together they headed for the hangar where together they incinerated TB's body as the truck was getting stripped and being prepared for SS to do his thing with the VIN and a repaint job would soon be in the works. The only f-up of their plan was TB being shot inside the truck. All in all though, the next morning they were each celebrating mission success and thinking they had pulled off a brilliant crime. Perhaps I should say another brilliant crime when I think of LB. Neither DM or MS expected TB to be making headlines at all, let alone in the immediate days after he went missing. LB had, by May 2013, been missing for almost a year without much public interest in finding her after all. I believe that DM and MS thought they got away with the crime of the century - perhaps twice - no reasonable doubt in my mind. They thought they were the untouchables. They were deluded.

DM and MS by their own intentions, words and actions before, during and after TB was killed, convicted themselves. No matter how bizarre and unbelievable each of their stories are as they each get their versions out to the jury, I do trust that the jury will see that the only thing that makes any sense, given the totality of the evidence in the context of the big picture, is that both DM and MS were compatible partners, each with a need - one for a diesel Dodge Ram truck - the other for a classic Cadillac - and as difficult as that it is for the average person to comprehend or accept, the truth is that they both planned and equally participated in the crime. They should be held equally responsible for TB's murder. The alternative fictional theory penned by DM in his letters to CN or communicated for him through his lawyers, or the other creative twisting of the truth by the rap lyricist MS are not convincing. Thankfully these two accused turned against one another because that fact did provide a good glimpse into their characters and credibility, but for me, the Crown's version of events is convincing and once they sum it all up, I am hoping the jury will be convinced too.

All MOO. All of the above is my own opinion and speculation.

So well said.

A couple of my own thoughts to add to yours:

- I am not sure when TB was murdered but, like you, I think at some point, whether in the Bullmann field or, more likely, at Bobcat, some attempt was made to put Tim's body in a tarp or sheet and then into the bed of the truck. The luminol tests seem to back that up as well. To get Tim's body from the front seat onto the tailgate and wrapped in a tarp would likely require the work of two people, bad shoulder or not.

I am surprised NS wasn't all over this. Unless I am missing something, MS's testimony goes from seeing TB's body at Bobcat, to going to the farm and seeing TB's body on a sheet in the barn, to DM putting TB in the incinerator by himself. Maybe it incriminates his client even further <shrug> but I think the Crown brings it up next week. That blood got there somehow.

As painful as it is to say, I think that is exactly what they are doing at Bobcat, in addition to ***possibly**** changing the plates. It was only half an hour, 45 minutes tops, since they had left the Bosma residence, and I don't think changing the plates was that high on their priority list. Getting Tim's body out of the front of the truck was a bigger priority. IMO

Speaking of wanting to change the plates, why the need to do it there, instead of just continuing to the farm (less than half an hour away)? They were at Bobcat for 18 minutes, if I am reading the timestamps correctly. In that time, maybe another five to seven minutes tagged on, they would have been at the farm. The odds of them seeing police would have been slim and none, anyway. I think they were more likely to have been discovered pulled over at the side of the road by a cop doing rounds in the area. If that happens, they were screwed either way, so why they stopped at all instead of just going to the farm is anyone's guess.

If they don't go to Bobcat, they are at the farm by 10:10 and it is highly unlikely cops would have been on any lookout for TB's truck that quickly. They didn't end up leaving Bobcat until 10:04.

At Bobcat, Smich says (according to tweet): "He walked back to the Yukon and proceeded to grab stuff from the back." (I believe part of that "stuff" was the tarp or sheet, maybe the plates)

I think they stopped at Bobcat for another reason, and that reason could very well be to murder TB or, if he was already dead, put his body in the bed of the truck. I believe they went to the Yukon to get the tools they would need, put the tarp or sheet on the tailgate and then, together, lifted TB's body onto it, wrapped it up and slid it into the bed. At this time, they also went through TB's pockets and found his phone (maybe it rang with SB or WDB calling to see if everything was all right) and they powered it off at 10:02. They then get in the vehicles and leave at 10:04, throwing TB's phone out the window and onto the lawn of Kemira on their way by.

-I keep going back to the point if this was a scoping mission only, and the plan was to come back later to get the truck, why the need at all to take the gun? Or have the extra set of plates in the truck? If you were going to rip that truck off from the driveway of that house in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night, there would be no need to change the plates as no one is going to see you. I don't buy the GPS bull****. You could have found that out with a simple call to TB (and maybe the ad even said it).

DM: "Does this truck have a GPS?"
TB: "Yes, it does."
DM: "Thanks. We may call you back and come see it." (as soon as he hangs up, that truck is scratched off the list)

Sure, you cannot simply steal a vehicle by punching a hole in the steering column and then turning the ignition with a screwdriver anymore, but career criminal and habitual car thieves know how to steal vehicles, even today. If they want it, they are taking it.

-If the plan was all along to go back to the Yukon parked over by the Bullmann residence, why the need for MS to go at all, as others have said? Both SB and WDB were able to get a visual description of both DM and MS. According to MS, he would have been in the truck for maybe 30 seconds. Why would he not just stay in the truck and pull out behind TB's truck when it went north on Trinity?

- Thanks to the great work Ianman did with those photos, I get more and more convinced that is the same truck in those photos, which means MS is lying about that particular part of the night. That doesn't necessarily mean he shot TB, but it does mean he is trying to limit his involvement.

All MOO.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 15 Std.
Susan Clairmont hat *advertiser censored* retweetet
I wouldn't expect sympathy for them, but fact is the stress on them is huge.Susan Clairmont has added

*advertiser censored*
@susanclairmont Your "Fatigue at the Murder Trial" article was a true eye opener. I don't feel sorry for what M & S are being put through!

For example, do you forget or dismiss Marlena's testimony about the celebratory mood in the car?

Was he protecting her?
He has no need to protect her, she wasn't charged with anything. He may have been lying at the time to protect himself by joking around that he was fine and she had no reason to worry, though.

Do you ignore or minimize the sausage frying and fireside furniture texts sent by MS?

Furniture, maybe a potential theft. Sausage I don't know.
(I must have missed those so I can't really comment on them)

Do you dismiss AM's story about how Mark told him to get the thing from Hagerman?

Hope Crown pushes this!

I think we all hope for this. I wonder if it is possible for the crown to recall AM to the stand to clarify this? We don't have a lot of texts from MS, he seemed to be the phone wisest of the two when it came to covering his tracks. He instantly started using other people's phones, switched up his SIM cards and then got rid of them all in time to leave hardly any phone or text evidence. And the little he left, he used ambiguous words like 'the thing' and 'the stuff' to try to cover his tracks. Didn't his phone battery also conveniently 'die' within minutes of TB's phone being turned off? Isn't it possible he pulled his battery at that time, when he knew it was very low anyway, and then he was surprised when he tried to put it back in later that it was fully dead, forcing him to then use DM's phone and go home for his iPad to contact MM?

Do you ignore what MS's mother told police about how when Millard was arrested, Smich was concerned he would never get his car?

Maybe now that DM is in jail she realizes MS won't be getting the car. Could be that simple.

Hasn't MS been downplaying that caddy every time it's come up? I was wondering earlier why it was being mentioned.

Do you forget Daly's testimony about how MS was just fine that week until DM was arrested and his mood changed?

Not sure, but do we believe BD completely?

What would BD's motive to lie about that be? MS was his best friend, if he was going to lie to protect him, he would have said his mood changed as soon as the murder happened. Lying about it had no benefit to BD, he's not on trial for anything and it doesn't make him look better or worse either way.

Do you ignore the fact that MS has no explanation for his disappeared SIM cards?

Those are not needed, from my understanding.

Except that is likely the reason why there are reams of call and text info on DM and all his friends and hardly any from MS. He had longer to prepare for his arrest, he even had time to scrub his FB account, and no mention of any of the other social ,Edina his friends were into.

Do you think his total gun amnesia story is realistic?

I think he is scared poopless. Google Krucifix14. DM past lawyer is his current lawyer, very strange.

Please explain to me how he could be more scared about the possibility of arrest because City TV called or because his sister yelled at him than he was about the possibility of arrest when he supposedly came upon the murdered body to TB? This makes no sense to me, since he has, according to his tales, a great recollection of what happened on that traumatic night, but absolutely no recollection of what happened when he buried the gun. He ventured guesses about other things like whether or not he pet Tim's dog, but he won't even venture to guess which direction he took or what size the shovel was? That's totally inconsistent with his story.

Do you take into account that this is about the only story he can tell to have any hope at all of getting off?

Yes, I have. I don't want him to get off. But, I couldn't find him guilty. Yet.

Yet what? I can't ignore that his best friend said that he said that Dell got the gun he wanted and that the one he got was locked in the box. I can't ignore the fact that he went around telling everyone he f'ed up.

Or the fact that he says he got out of the truck immediately, why even leave the truck at all then? If that was a plan of DM, why not have the incinerator waiting at the hanger, and why ruin the thing he wanted so bad?

I can't forget the way that both SB and the tenant described him as being shady, and having his face and hands hidden. And I personally believe that if DM had been wearing his man purse with the gun in it at the time, they would have noticed it first, and it would have stuck out in their minds. Their testimony doesn't line up with his either, so he is also calling them liars, and they have absolutely no reason to lie. But he does, and yet some chose to believe him still.

Does MS's testimony trump everything for you? And if so, how is that not an "emotional decision"?
I have been following this since Tim went missing. It pops up on my FB memories. I have lived it's trial, like many of us, for months. I've sent prayers up during the most difficult testimonies. It's exhausting me. So, I hope that answers your question.[/QUOTE]

I think most of us have been following it since the beginning, we've probably all prayed and shed tears over Tim and his family, that is no excuse for beliveing his testimony over the testimony of pretty much every one else, (and the video footage).

So well said.

A couple of my own thoughts to add to yours:

- I am not sure when TB was murdered but, like you, I think at some point, whether in the Bullmann field or, more likely, at Bobcat, some attempt was made to put Tim's body in a tarp or sheet and then into the bed of the truck. The luminol tests seem to back that up as well. To get Tim's body from the front seat onto the tailgate and wrapped in a tarp would likely require the work of two people, bad shoulder or not.

I am surprised NS wasn't all over this. Unless I am missing something, MS's testimony goes from seeing TB's body at Bobcat, to going to the farm and seeing TB's body on a sheet in the barn, to DM putting TB in the incinerator by himself. Maybe it incriminates his client even further <shrug> but I think the Crown brings it up next week. That blood got there somehow.

As painful as it is to say, I think that is exactly what they are doing at Bobcat, in addition to ***possibly**** changing the plates. It was only half an hour, 45 minutes tops, since they had left the Bosma residence, and I don't think changing the plates was that high on their priority list. Getting Tim's body out of the front of the truck was a bigger priority. IMO

Speaking of wanting to change the plates, why the need to do it there, instead of just continuing to the farm (less than half an hour away)? They were at Bobcat for 18 minutes, if I am reading the timestamps correctly. In that time, maybe another five to seven minutes tagged on, they would have been at the farm. The odds of them seeing police would have been slim and none, anyway. I think they were more likely to have been discovered pulled over at the side of the road by a cop doing rounds in the area. If that happens, they were screwed either way, so why they stopped at all instead of just going to the farm is anyone's guess.

If they don't go to Bobcat, they are at the farm by 10:10 and it is highly unlikely cops would have been on any lookout for TB's truck that quickly. They didn't end up leaving Bobcat until 10:04.

At Bobcat, Smich says (according to tweet): "He walked back to the Yukon and proceeded to grab stuff from the back." (I believe part of that "stuff" was the tarp or sheet, maybe the plates)

I think they stopped at Bobcat for another reason, and that reason could very well be to murder TB or, if he was already dead, put his body in the bed of the truck. I believe they went to the Yukon to get the tools they would need, put the tarp or sheet on the tailgate and then, together, lifted TB's body onto it, wrapped it up and slid it into the bed. At this time, they also went through TB's pockets and found his phone (maybe it rang with SB or WDB calling to see if everything was all right) and they powered it off at 10:02. They then get in the vehicles and leave at 10:04, throwing TB's phone out the window and onto the lawn of Kemira on their way by.

-I keep going back to the point if this was a scoping mission only, and the plan was to come back later to get the truck, why the need at all to take the gun? Or have the extra set of plates in the truck? If you were going to rip that truck off from the driveway of that house in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night, there would be no need to change the plates as no one is going to see you. I don't buy the GPS bull****. You could have found that out with a simple call to TB (and maybe the ad even said it).

DM: "Does this truck have a GPS?"
TB: "Yes, it does."
DM: "Thanks. We may call you back and come see it." (as soon as he hangs up, that truck is scratched off the list)

Sure, you cannot simply steal a vehicle by punching a hole in the steering column and then turning the ignition with a screwdriver anymore, but career criminal and habitual car thieves know how to steal vehicles, even today. If they want it, they are taking it.

-If the plan was all along to go back to the Yukon parked over by the Bullmann residence, why the need for MS to go at all, as others have said? Both SB and WDB were able to get a visual description of both DM and MS. According to MS, he would have been in the truck for maybe 30 seconds. Why would he not just stay in the truck and pull out behind TB's truck when it went north on Trinity?

- Thanks to the great work Ianman did with those photos, I get more and more convinced that those are the same trucks, which means MS is lying about that particular part of the night. That doesn't necessarily mean he shot TB, but it does mean he is trying to limit his involvement.

All MOO.

I have also run through MANY MANY possible scenarios and come up with very similar ones as you have presented but as I was thinking MORE about Tim's phone, it occurred to me it was turned OFF early in the drive was it not? If so then Tim was at the very least told to hand over the phone early in the drive if not shot earlier in the drive, this is key to forcible confinement IMO. I will have to go back to the ping evidence, but I think I recall Tim's phone turning OFF early on and turned on briefly at Bobcat. JMO

I know opinions are like *advertiser censored**holes but here's how I feel about the case as of today:

DM's version of events refuses to actually put any culpability for TB's death on either MS or DM. 'The gun went off when TB grabbed it.' o_O. That sociopath needs to rot in jail.

MS is definitely not forthcoming with the whole truth. But appears to have at least shown some remorse for what happened. That might still get him a second degree charge, if the crown doesn't put the final nail in any doubts people are still having that he was a completely willing and aware partner in this scheme. I'd really like the furniture/sausages texts to be explained but I really don't we're going to get anything more interesting out of that line of questioning other than "I don't recall what I was thinking."

Or is it remorse he got caught?

We've been presented two scenarios in this case. People here seem to be polarizing to one side or the other. We need to realize this isn't an either/or situation. Both stories likely contain elements of the truth but neither are completely accurate. We likely will never know what actually happened that night.

Yeah,but one was given at the stand under oath, and is being examined. The other one came from a person who didn't witness the events, didn't give oath and could as well hypothesize that at the time of murder Millard was over at Maple Gate making tacos and burritos for Pedo.

On the grand scheme of things it does not matter who inflicted the lethal wound, even though I believe it was DM. They knew that they are going to kill the owner and take the truck, and so they did.

I think what will likely happen, is that the jury as a whole, will likely chose to ignore BOTH versions coming from MS and DM' lawyer. I think they are a smart bunch, who will choose to either believe or disbelieve the evidence that the CROWN presents. It's quite clear that both defendants are telling a story that makes each of them look good, so I think the jury will chose to just follow the evidence and not the words of Smich and Millard.

I am hoping the crown can hammer it home next week.

I would assume being there, seeing the family grieving, seeing the evidence photos clearlly and in full colour, seeing the expressions on the witnesses' faces, seeing the criminals before their eyes, has triggered more thoughts and emotions in the jury members than could be in any of us spectators. They have a long collection of all of that I would think outweighs these last puny desperate stories.

Can someone please explain to me what the furniture /sausage texts were? I don't understand the reference at all when i see it :(

Before the murder, Smich sent a message to Millard saying something like "mission tonight" or "mission this week" and attached an image of outdoor furniture and a grilling sausage. Many people are of opinion that it is a reference to the cremation process and use of the incinerator.

One thing I find interesting is that Sachak did not explore MS's claim that Bosma was shot. Indeed, MS's is the only evidence of that. Yes, there was a gun, there was GSR. But for all we know, Tim Bosma could have been stabbed. MS claims that he wasn't in the truck at the time. He didn't say that he inspected the wound. He didn't testify that DM told him that he (DM) shot Bosma.

If MS was in the truck when Bosma was shot would it not be logical that he would have carried GSR and or blood back into the Yukon.

D+M are GAC.

As brightii so aptly said, "DM and MS by their own intentions, words and actions before, during and after TB was killed, convicted themselves."

If Smich is telling the truth then:

• Brendan Daly, Smich’s close friend, lied on the stand when he told the jury Smich said the Walther PPK .380 handgun used in the Bosma slaying was Smich’s own gun;

• Andrew Michalski, Millard’s close friend, lied when he said that after Millard’s arrest, Smich asked him to bring him “the thing,” which was a tool box containing the gun, that Millard had passed to a third friend;

• Christina Noudga, Millard’s then-girlfriend, lied when she said she spoke on the phone with Smich the night Millard was arrested, and he told her that he had screwed up, and;

• Marlena Meneses, Smich’s girlfriend at the time, lied when she said Smich tried to get her to work as a stripper and had her rip off customers of his illegal drug trade by using “tricky scales” set to inaccurately weigh the drugs being sold.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ust-have-lied-jury-at-bosma-murder-trial-told

The statements from MM don't have anything to do directly with the murder of TB IMO.

But her statements do relate to his credibility. JMO

One thing I find interesting is that Sachak did not explore MS's claim that Bosma was shot. Indeed, MS's is the only evidence of that. Yes, there was a gun, there was GSR. But for all we know, Tim Bosma could have been stabbed. MS claims that he wasn't in the truck at the time. He didn't say that he inspected the wound. He didn't testify that DM told him that he (DM) shot Bosma.

Yes, you're correct. He did say he saw a bullet hole (which would only be visible if the window hadn't shattered at that point), and proves he was out of the truck on the passenger side, which IMO could imply he did the shooting himself. The other question not answered, he was shot but was he dead at that time? A bullet can go through a fleshy part, resulting in blood spatter, but not actually kill a person right away IMO.

If MS was in the truck when Bosma was shot would it not be logical that he would have carried GSR and or blood back into the Yukon.

D+M are GAC.

Maybe took off the hoodie and gloves and stashed them somewhere and any blood or GSR was only on them.

D+M are GAC.

NO. GSR is transferred by touch. It doesn't just waft off people's bodies. There was minimal blood staining found on the back seat of Tim's truck. There is no reason to believe some of it had to be transferred.

I guess one thing that I struggle with... with the ms story believers is not that his testimony has given rise to reasonable doubt for them (i respect their right to believe what they do and i know they reciprocate that)
Its that they seem to view his testimony as on the same level of credibility as all the rest of the witnesses from the get go.

But i believe part of the instructions (there is a pdf out there if you google it) for the jury is to evaluate the credibility of the evidence witnesses give and the credibility of the witnesses themselves. One or two of those points advise the jury to weigh what the witness has to gain from lying under oath, and if they have a vested interest in the outcome of the case. Obviously MS (and CN also) have the most to gain by lying and its their future at stake. You cant just ignore that.... It doesnt mean they necessarily ARE lying, but that fact has to be considered with them and NOT so much, or at all with other witnesses like Daly etc. MOO

[h=1]https://www.nji-inm.ca/index.cfm/pu...tions-on-trial-procedure/assessing-testimony/[/h]

Thanks for that link, Ashley96. If I quickly go through it to assess the truthfulness and reliability of MS's testimony:

1. Did he observe the event? Yes, or at the very minimum, the before and after.

2. Did he have a good memory of it, or was his memory selective? No, forgot lots of details, and yes, was very selective in what he remembers.

3. Was he forthright and responsive, or was he evasive, hesitant or argumentative? Not forthright and responsive, but very evasive and argumentative.

4. Was his testimony tainted by self-interest? Very much so.

5. Was his testimony consistent with the testimony of other witnesses? No.

JMO

6. Are there inconsistencies with his own testimony? Yes.

Did Sachak ask MS about his online search for 9mm ammunition, just days before his arrest? Not that it would have mattered much - MS would have either had no memory of doing it or accused Google of lying. :facepalm:
...a Google search from May 18, 2013, for "rounds for 9mm" was found on the iPad.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-michalski-3-1.3535763

This is interesting. I hadn't picked up on the date before. MS's sisters wedding was on May 19th, so he was doing the search for ammo on the day before the wedding. I believe he stated that he had buried the gun only days after receiving it, but this would appear that he still had it on the 18th, a full week later. What date was it that the surveillance on him stopped for those few days?

ETA: No surveillance on May 19th and 20th.

Now we're looking at Saturday, May 18.
by Adam Carter February 24 at 12:40 PM

Then for two days there was no surveillance -- all Oxley can say is it's an "Investigative issue."
by Adam Carter February 24 at 12:43 PM

Now we're looking at Tuesday, May 21.
by Adam Carter February 24 at 12:43 PM

I was going to say that as well. MM statements don't apply here.

1. If it was Smitch's gun. Does that mean he pulled the trigger? MJW was charged with selling guns to DM. Not MS. So where are Millard&#8217;s guns then? I think it was DM's gun. MS had no access to money. IMO

2. I'm on the fence with the truth between AM and MH. If those two hadve told the same story that wouldn't cause doubt. Bring me the thing could have meant the tool box. But I really think MS didn't expect the gun. I think if he hadve he would have had a plan for it to cover well before the time it landed on him. Vs scrambling to get rid of it.

3. We are all aware CN remembers nothing. Her credibility was thrown out the window for me with her convenient I don't knows.

IMO these people all lied at some point. So now it's a matter of what story you believe.

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

MS too had many many "I don't know"s as well that impacted his credibility on the stand. MS couldn't remember anything that may have incriminated himself yet had the memory of an elephant when anything pointed to DM being responsible. Both MS and DM shy away from the inconvenient truth, IMO because they both know that they are both guilty but are only interested in saving themselves from punishment.

I think that they each went directly into self-protection mode the minute they were caught. DM in the beginning likely relied on his family name and reputation to protect him from jail, as I think he thought he could convince the police - or his lawyer at least - that DM had been taken advantage of and was being framed by someone already known to police, someone with a criminal record - MS. How convenient for DM had the police fallen for his story, but how naive and out of touch with reality was DM that he would think the police would believe him and overlook all the evidence that pointed directly at him.

I think MS went into paranoia mode immediately after DM's arrest for first degree murder and his paranoia only increased once DM's lawyer alluded to other suspects and a framing aspect that the lawyer could not discuss. With all communication cut off between DM and MS they had no way to brainstorm their next steps to try and help each other. Now they were each on their own. MS would never have gone to the police or a lawyer had he not been arrested, IMO. MS likely obsessed day and night from the time DM was caught until his own arrest about what DM was telling police and his lawyer. Paranoia and trust don't go together so I think once MS was arrested his paranoia won out and he was quickly convinced that DM had talked and had blamed MS for TB's murder. Of course MS would dig his heels in and set out to blame everything on DM. I think that even today they think the other betrayed them and neither seems to grasp that the only true betrayal of trust in the story was experienced by TB and SB who believed them when they said they wanted to test drive TB's truck with an interest in buying it. That was the most offensive betrayal in this scenario. An innocent life lost and trust in the good intentions of strangers now forever suspect.

When I look at the lives of DM, at 27 years old and MS, at 25 years old at the time TB was murdered, I see clearly that neither accused took any responsibility for their own actions. Neither had any real plan for their lives that didn't include some level of criminality and avoidance of adult responsibility. They each used the other to escape from responsibilities and their connection was not deep and meaningful, it was useful. Their friendship was simply born out of DM's casual need for weed and MS's ability to sell it to him. In MS's mind, DM had money to burn, party houses to flop in, a hangar with vehicles complete with his own personal mechanic, a penchant for thrills, an eye for the ladies, a superficial charm, an ambition for thievery, a fascination with guns and drugs and power, and DM had all the time in the world on his hands to play at his particular lifestyle. How impressive was DM and alluring to someone like MS who had no true ambition at all as he idled his life away daily while using and selling weed to his neighbourhood pals, drinking and smoking away the long boring hours of every similar day with others who were equally void of excitement for life, equally adrift, equally short on confidence and without much hope for a better future, a future that was frightening in its lack of potential and promise for MS. I believe MS writing rap lyrics was an outlet to express his frustrations, his inner feelings of uselessness, impotency and despair. And then DM came along and MS suddenly saw a way to a dream and a purpose. DM had the means to help MS become a rapper and MS latched on to DM's encouragement of his budding talents. DM kept the promises coming for MS and though always just slightly out of reach of fulfillment, MS became hooked on hope.

For DM, MS ensured that he would always have an admirer in his midst, a constant companion to count on who would question nothing and believe in every word DM would feed him and MS was more than hungry, he was starving for hope. DM recognized MS's need and of course he exploited it for all it was worth. In MS, DM found someone who also had nothing much to do all day and all day to spend with DM whenever DM needed a friend. An only child, a child who was viewed as an outcast, DM bought friends all of his life but not all were as simpatico, aimless and accommodating as MS. MS was available and eager to play second fiddle to DM and that was a big ego boost for DM whose soul was empty and needing a fix of adulation on a daily basis to keep him going. DM needed MS. Whatever story DM concocted, whatever wild mission he planned, MS was enthralled with DM's bravado and bold vision and MS was only too happy to play a starring role in a DM production. Each was lost in their own individual states of loneliness and inertia and each became lost to the world when together they chose to become the ultimate outsiders and end the dreams of others who did have hope and a future beckoning brightly on the horizon. In the end, DM and MS were much more alike than different. Even now, they are both looking for a plan to escape justice by blaming each other when the truth is they have only themselves to blame.

DM and MS made a choice together to commit theft and murder. It was a conscious choice and though neither is prepared to accept responsibility for the part they played, soon they will be on the other side of forcible confinement when the Crown convinces the jury that they are both guilty as charged and then they will be forced to accept the fate they created together for themselves. TB's final moments were tragically and mercilessly hopeless as he had no chance to escape, and now I hope that DM or MS have no hope to escape justice.

All MOO. All of the above is my own opinion and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther