Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's not just the fact that these guys killed TB. There will always be killers out there and I've accepted that. What I particularly don't like about Millard and Smich is that they've forced the Bosma family to endure this trial, yet they haven't offered a single explanation of innocence or even tried to deny any of the mountain of evidence that has already been proffered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30/stolen-harley-found-on-property-of-accused-tim-bosma-killer

The bike and trailer were taken from his back driveway in downtown Toronto in broad daylight last fall (2012) and witnesses reported seeing perhaps two men in a black truck back in and take it away.

He managed to secure some surveillance video which he turned over to Toronto Police.

"Perhaps that tape will have some good information on it for the current investigation," Marty said. "I don't know if it was ever looked at."

He had put the bike for sale on Kijiji "more to test the market.

"I don't know how it went but someone may have done a reverse look-up to get my address because soon after the bike and trailer were gone," he said.

-.-.-.-

Maybe, it wasn't the Yukon IF the car was indeed seen black in broad daylight.

Back when this was being discussed before I attached a picture of a blue Yukon taken in broad Kuwaiti daylight.

http://www.kwtmotor.net/images/Cars_List/GMC/Yukon/02/Large-2004_GMC_Yukon_Dark_Navy_Blue-1.jpg

For me it's not just the fact that these guys killed TB. There will always be killers out there and I've accepted that. What I particularly don't like about Millard and Smich is that they've forced the Bosma family to endure this trial, yet they haven't offered a single explanation of innocence or even tried to deny any of the mountain of evidence that has already been proffered.

Their time will come to present their side, but yeah, their behavior implies guilt. And also the fact that DM transferred all his assets to his mother for $1, and then she sold them off (including the family home of three generations), implies that DM knows he's in trouble. JMO.

I share your frustration about the jury trial too. I know it's their right, but it's like they only took it because they have nothing else to lose. DM almost seems to be enjoying it, which is sick. Sometimes I just wish they could let a panel of judges decide their fate instead, and spare DM the pleasure of becoming a celebrity criminal.

Hello all, I have been a long-time lurker in this case and I wanted to say thank you to everyone for posting Twitter feeds from the trial and the thoughtful discussion that goes into this case. My heart goes out to the Bosma family again today as they go through another day in court.

Please help me and find me the pic of the shoe print on TB's truck.

I would like to compare the print with the boot print in case Sonia V. (Orangeville).

Police have DNA from Sonia's killer.

I assume DNA was taken from both DM and MS. If it had matched to any unsolved crimes, we likely would have heard about it.

AM900 CHMLVerified account ‏@AM900CHML 1h1 hour ago
Dentist expected to take the stand at #TimBosma murder trial today. http://bit.ly/1oxxJ4I

AM900 CHMLVerified account ‏@AM900CHML 1h1 hour ago
Dentist expected to take the stand at #TimBosma murder trial today. http://bit.ly/1oxxJ4I

From that link

Court is also expected to see a surveillance video this week of the incinerator at an air hangar in Waterloo that belonged to the Millard Family.

Refresher of what the Crown intends to prove with this evidence:

Within a few hours of Tim Bosma’s abduction, shortly after midnight on May 7th, images captured by a neighbouring business’s video surveillance system at the Millardair ( the family business Mr. Millard worked in) Hangar at Waterloo Regional Airport shows what the Crown intends to prove was Tim Bosma’s truck towing the Eliminator up to the hangar and parking outside. The truck and Eliminator were followed closely by a vehicle similar to a GMC Yukon, a vehicle the Crown intends to prove was owned by Mr. Millard on the night in question. This same video system also shows images of the Eliminator being ignited outside the hangar door. This, the Crown says, was the incineration phase of the death of Tim Bosma which took place over several hours in the early morning hours of May 7th. A forensic video analyst will give evidence in this trial about his analysis of this video and several other relevant videos from various locations, dates and times.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

Since some of last night's discussion was regarding what DM and MS's intentions were:

You don't take an illegal gun to buy a vehicle unless you've considered the possibility of using it.

Or am I misunderstanding the extent to which everyday upper-class Canadians go around armed with handguns?

Can't copy paste right now now but builder of incinerator to testify. cbc

Before I was thinking no way the murder was planned but now I'm thinking if it wasn't what was the plan? Drive 2 minutes with Tim to our Yukon. Pull out the gun push him out and drive off? Then what? Tim uses his cell or runs home calls the cops describes the suspects and the vehicles and they get caught? Neither scenario makes sense to me.

I think we all, being adults, took it in the joking way it was intended. DM is perfectly safe, he'll be fine.

Their notoriety, though, is entirely of their own doing.

Yes DM is perfectly safe .....no harm done by a conversation about smacking him or worse still having been roughed up by two imogis in boxing gloves.

Sense of humour in tact to face another day.....what would I do without it.

From what I can understand of the opening statement, the neighbouring business's camera caught the 2 trucks showing up at the hangar, and then firing up the incinerator. Then I believe there is a second recording, retrieved from CN's bedroom which shows DM and MS inside the hangar during the time while the incinerator cooked away on the outside. It will be interesting to see what it shows them doing!

It actually says "hours after Tim's disappearance, the hangers neighbouring business camera shows, Tim's truck pulling the Eliminator and then firing up the incinerator"

This also proves the incinerator was not stationed at the hanger prior to Tim's murder.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

Just thinking back over everything we've heard so far and I'm trying to recall if any physical evidence has pointed a finger at MS. We know he was there but I don't recall a single fingerprint or anything that has been brought forth as yet. Am I missing something?

I haven't seen anything yet, however according to the Crown's opening statement, there is expected to be testimony given which will implicate him at least in the plan to steal a vehicle. I can't help thinking at this point, that his participation was vastly different from DM's, however the only way for him to get that across and be judged for that, would be for him to tell the story of what exactly happened from his perspective. I am getting that he won't do that because he doesn't want to rat out his friend. I can understand how he wouldn't want to have that reputation, especially while doing time, but on the other hand, it is sad if he is giving up many more years of his life to imprisonment than he might have otherwise had to. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just the way the courts work. The crown lays out its case first, and then the defendants can make their defence. They cannot make a case for their defence until the crown is done. If there had been a preliminary like in normal cases, you might have heard part of their defence by now. A smart defence lawyer would have definitely told them to remain silent, and since they have lawyers, it is not far fetched that they have followed their professional advice, in my opinion.

I'm wonder if they can and will bring up text message conversations? They have only talked about the ping times.
Through court orders I believe LE can get the texts. Now this is According to a personal family issue when we asked LE to pull them up. He also stated we needed proof of ill harm to do so. I do think ill harm has been proven here.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just going by what a LE officer told me last summer.

I haven't seen anything yet, however according to the Crown's opening statement, there is expected to be testimony given which will implicate him at least in the plan to steal a vehicle. I can't help thinking at this point, that his participation was vastly different from DM's, however the only way for him to get that across and be judged for that, would be for him to tell the story of what exactly happened from his perspective. I am getting that he won't do that because he doesn't want to rat out his friend. I can understand how he wouldn't want to have that reputation, especially while doing time, but on the other hand, it is sad if he is giving up many more years of his life to imprisonment than he might have otherwise had to. MOO

Personally, I have a feeling DM will take the stand. As I recall, he wished to tell his side a couple of years ago but didn't want to go against his lawyer's advice. I think that if he does, then MS will have to, too, he won't really have a choice. What happens to the gangster code of not snitching in that case, I wonder, is it acceptable to talk in that situation?

Wait, didn't the guy with the gangster tattoos on his face already 'rat' DM out over the sale of the gun? Or did he deny it in court, does anyone know? This whole gangster code thing baffles me sometimes.

Good morning all - I have posted it in the Roll Call thread, but I will transcribe Adam Carter's live blog at least until noon. I will let you know in the discussion thread when I have to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz