Boulder police take back Ramsey case

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,486844,00.html

"L. Lin Wood, an attorney for JonBenet's father, John Ramsey, said the decision was a "positive sign in terms of my hope that the Boulder Police Department will take not only a new review in terms of a cold case review, but that it will go in this time with an objective review."

Wood and Ramsey have been critical of previous police efforts, saying they unfairly focused on the family and ignored other evidence." :liar:

Absoultely wonderful news! :woohoo:

watch out JR. the flame has been re-lit under your :butthead:

Thank God Mary Lacy is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet that JR is pooping a twinkie right about now...LOL
Maybe there will be justice for JB, afterall..it's about da#n time.

I would have waited an eternity for this!

A couple of things really caught my attention:

"review all evidence in the case"

“explore all possible theories about what happened the night JonBenet was killed.”

"The task force will include about 20 people from nine outside agencies, including the FBI, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Jefferson County Sherriff’s Office, the state Attorney General’s Office and the Denver Police Department."

So, ALL the evidence wasn't reviewed? Cr@p, this should have been done 12 flippin' years ago. :rolleyes: Maybe THIS is the "warehouse full of evidence that hasn't been looked into" that was talked about on the show "48 Hours"...on the 10th Anniversary JB Special. :woohoo:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,486844,00.html

"L. Lin Wood, an attorney for JonBenet's father, John Ramsey, said the decision was a "positive sign in terms of my hope that the Boulder Police Department will take not only a new review in terms of a cold case review, but that it will go in this time with an objective review."

Wood and Ramsey have been critical of previous police efforts, saying they unfairly focused on the family and ignored other evidence." :liar:
Well Mr. W may be surprised how even if they focus on others the evidence will always go back to the R.

I found the movie by that name on hulu.com and thought about watching it. Did you see it and does it follow the book?

I watched it on the utube recently. It's been a long time since I read the book, but it seemed to follow it pretty closely, based on my (sometimes faulty) recollections.

I lurk (and occasionally even post) over here while taking a break from the Anthony saga as well. It will be most interesting to see how this plays out....hopefully to a successful conclusion soon.

May the sleuthing forces be with you!

Reviewing ALL the evidence will be a start- IF they are allowed to review ALL the evidence. I am trying to be optimistic, but I can't see Lin Wood allowing JR to answer questions that he wouldn't allow the Rs to answer 12 years ago, and I can't see JR jumping up with an offer to talk to LE.
Lets keep our fingers crossed. The fact that Lacy felt Beckner "did a good job" makes me think that she felt that way because he did the job she wanted him to do. Let's face it...Lacy's blessing is not exactly confidence-inspiring.

Yes...let's stay optimistic!! Hopefully this time around,everyone will put their egos to the side,and work together to finally put this case to rest.

We're still here for you JonBenet!

This is the best news!!! Could there finally be justice here?

I am hoping this turns out be something, although, in my opinion there are many hurtles to overcome. Would be interest speaking hypothetically JR was charged with JB's murder whether the letter proclaiming his innocence from Mary Lacy would be an issue..

Although I wont hold my breath, lets once again hope Jonbenet finally gets justice!
I kind of wonder if JR was expecting something like this could happen.Thus Lacy's last 'gift' to him..
I would think though,that evidence and the fact Lacy prematurely exonerated the R's..plus whatever motive(s) she may have had for doing it..would easily override it.

I kind of wonder if JR was expecting something like this could happen.Thus Lacy's last 'gift' to him..
I would think though,that evidence and the fact Lacy prematurely exonerated the R's..plus whatever motive(s) she may have had for doing it..would easily override it.

This was no overnight decision and I'd venture that the plan was put in place while Lacy was still in office.....and hence....her last fiasco letter that helped John snow maybe one more person, two tops and help him have half a leg to stand on.

The majority of Boulder could care less about the murder of this child or the ensuing insanity. The cops were set up from the word go and for FOUR Months they investigated and interviewed everyone under the Sun - except for the Ramseys whom didn't have the motivation to cooperate at all with the detectives that were following the leads on others that the Ramseys gave them.

For the new readers, please.......Their Interviews are out there - read them! Find a copy of Lead Detective Steve Thomas's whistleblowing book! Read JonBenet's autopsy report to see for yourself about the pre-murder molestation evidence. The evidence against an Intruder is non-existant unless you are on retainer for John Ramsey.

after thinking about this all day, questions arise in my head... if the police did determine that the R's were responsible would you be satisfied considering patsy escaped having to face murder charges? if an intruder was found to be responsible would you always think he was being falsely accused?

It would just be so odd if after 12 years, a grand jury investigation, too many lawsuits to count and all the back and forth if the Ramseys were deemed responsible.

Justice for Jonbenet!

after thinking about this all day, questions arise in my head... if the police did determine that the R's were responsible would you be satisfied considering patsy escaped having to face murder charges?/QUOTE]

I can't speak for other people, but I would be. Not pleased, but satisfied.

if an intruder was found to be responsible would you always think he was being falsely accused?

That would depend on a few things.

It would just be so odd if after 12 years, a grand jury investigation, too many lawsuits to count and all the back and forth if the Ramseys were deemed responsible.

It would be damn odd. But interesting.

Justice for Jonbenet!

Hear, hear!

after thinking about this all day, questions arise in my head... if the police did determine that the R's were responsible would you be satisfied considering patsy escaped having to face murder charges? if an intruder was found to be responsible would you always think he was being falsely accused?

Justice for Jonbenet!

Satisfied? Hardly.

And it's not so odd at all when you remember the fact that the Ramseys paid MILLIONS of Dollars in legal fees to ensure their freedom.

For the new readers, please.......Their Interviews are out there - read them! Find a copy of Lead Detective Steve Thomas's whistleblowing book! Read JonBenet's autopsy report to see for yourself about the pre-murder molestation evidence. The evidence against an Intruder is non-existant unless you are on retainer for John Ramsey.

I certainly intend to educate myself this time around. I did not follow the case closely, and missed the details. I was shocked that it just seemed to grind to a halt, and I hope justice prevails this time.

Thank you, RiverRat.

You have no clue how much it's my pleasure to help cut through the spin!

"Here is Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner's testimony from a deposition
in November 2001.

Chief Mark Beckner "Internally, John and Patsy are considered suspects,"

Attorney "Both of them?"

Beckner "Yes."

Attorney "Are considered to have probably been involved in the death of
their daughter?"

Beckner "Probability, yes."

Attorney "Has anyone else ever attained that status of probably involved?"

Beckner "No."

"How much it means?" It's a dream come true! - SD

Ya for sure. Hi SD.

I was thinking of all the people who feel the same, SD.
JBR's case deserves this second look.

reading the article,

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/02/boulder-police-take-back-jonbenet-ramsey-case/ ,

Garner's refusal to comment regarding JR exhoneration .....
"He wouldn't comment about former District Attorney Mary Lacy's decision to exonerate JonBenet's parents.",

.....left me wondering .... oh?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back