Brad Cooper - Timeline, Behavior, Interview, & Evidence Inconsistencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's widely known with Nancy's friends and family that she always carried her keys and cell phone wherever she went. YET, her husband said she never took anything when she went running, except a piece of gum.

Why would Brad lie to LE about that?

Hi all,

I'm new here but have been following this for weeks.

My question about the above is if it was well known that she always carried her cell phone when running then why when BC talk to HP about needing CC's phone number the 1st thing HP suggested was that he should check NC's phone for the number? If BC was calling about NC not returning from a run and he needed the number of the person NC allegedly was running with and NC was known to ALWAYS have her phone, why was it suggested to check something that wouldn't even be there if that were true? :waitasec:

Also, if BC had NC's phone in the house when talking to HP and remarking that it was locked, how did JA see it in the car?

WD

Hi all,

I'm new here but have been following this for weeks.

My question about the above is if it was well known that she always carried her cell phone when running then why when BC talk to HP about needing CC's phone number the 1st thing HP suggested was that he should check NC's phone for the number? If BC was calling about NC not returning from a run and he needed the number of the person NC allegedly was running with and NC was known to ALWAYS have her phone, why was it suggested to check something that wouldn't even be there if that were true? :waitasec:WD

My theory is that she was afraid Brad had done something to Nancy in the house, that she never went running, so her cell would be there.

My theory is that she was afraid Brad had done something to Nancy in the house, that she never went running, so her cell would be there.

OK let go on that theory. According to the affidivits, this call happened around noon. So HP get this call and for whatever reason, she feel that something has happened. HP suggests to BC to check NC's phone to "test" BC b/c she fears NC never went running and therefore the phone was there. Her fear comes true and the phone is there. BC states while still on the phone about it being locked. Then why was HP next step not to immediately call 911? 911 wasn't called for over an hour and that was by JA.

OK let go on that theory. According to the affidivits, this call happened around noon. So HP get this call and for whatever reason, she feel that something has happened. HP suggests to BC to check NC's phone to "test" BC b/c she fears NC never went running and therefore the phone was there. Her fear comes true and the phone is there. BC states while still on the phone about it being locked. Then why was HP next step not to immediately call 911? 911 wasn't called for over an hour and that was by JA.

Perhaps she was talking to herself, telling herself not to get paranoid, but her hinky meter was certainly heading to "off the chart." (Certainly NC's phone being there wasn't proof NC was dead!) At some point she decided she could not ignore all the things that had added up.

FWIW, I don't think Brad thought the grocery receipt would show WHAT he bought. I also don't think he counted on LE checking the HT's 'video' tapes.

Brad told LE he went to the grocery store AFTER daylight.

LE checked out his story and when they saw Brad on tape at the store AFTER daylight, he wasn't buying detergent, but milk or juice. BECAUSE Brad told LE he and Nancy had been up at 4 a.m., LE apparently decided to check the HT's tape further and saw Brad there just after 4 a.m. buying DETERGENT.

Why would he lie to LE?

It's widely known with Nancy's friends and family that she always carried her keys and cell phone wherever she went. YET, her husband said she never took anything when she went running, except a piece of gum.

Why would Brad lie to LE about that?

Nancy's friends said Brad never did ANY housework. As a matter of fact, Nancy was gone for a week and Brad didn't even do the dishes in the sink from the day she left. Yet, Brad claims he did 4 hours of housework the very morning Nancy went missing. How convenient.

Why would Brad again lie to LE?

JMHO
fran

Here is a link to the visits to the store. 6:22 is quite a bit difference than the just after 4 that you suggest and he bought milk. This is what gets people confused either you didn't check the evidence or you just made up the story.

WD...my notes are limited on this since I was writing as fast as I could, but the pace was going fast on times and questions.

a) HP says, I was told that NC went jogging between 6:30 and 7am. Probably getting coffee. This was HP 1st call. (I don't have the time listed this call took place)
b) 1:17 HP calls BC back and told him to go thru NC phone for CC phone #
c) BC calls me back to say the phone is locked

If memory serves me right...she is the one drilled about times and why 1x she used her husbands phone to call. It was an early morning call she had placed, I don't have the time listed, but her response was I just did. No reason in particular.

HP & JA spoke after this to decide where to call and what to do, and make sure they were both hearing the same thing.

hi everybody, thanks for doing the threads this way. could somebody remind me of who was supposed to have used Nancy's cell the morning she disappeared? I thought I heard something about Jessica's husband or somebody using Nancy's phone, and can't remember any of the details. thanks

hi everybody, thanks for doing the threads this way. could somebody remind me of who was supposed to have used Nancy's cell the morning she disappeared? I thought I heard something about Jessica's husband or somebody using Nancy's phone, and can't remember any of the details. thanks

As I recall, SH was accused by the CPD of making himself an alibi by using NC's phone to make phone calls to BC.

Here is a link to the visits to the store. 6:22 is quite a bit difference than the just after 4 that you suggest and he bought milk. This is what gets people confused either you didn't check the evidence or you just made up the story.

FWIW, I do NOT make up stories when it comes to murder.

The information about the 4 to 4:30 a.m. visit to the store by BC is at the beginning of this forum. It was a part of the puzzle first brought to our attention here on Websleuths and carried by the MSMs, also at the beginning.

Either one believes the 4 a.m. visit or they don't. I happen to believe it.

JMHO
fran

PS...When LE was questioned about this early morning visit, they neither denied it nor confirmed it. I still believe it. ;)

PPS...The NON-suspect hasn't addressed the early morning visit to the store. He's just confirmed two visits after daylight...fran

The information about the 4 to 4:30 a.m. visit to the store by BC is at the beginning of this forum. It was a part of the puzzle first brought to our attention here on Websleuths and carried by the MSMs, also at the beginning.

JMHO
fran

PS...When LE was questioned about this early morning visit, they neither denied it nor confirmed it. I still believe it. ;)

PPS...The NON-suspect hasn't addressed the early morning visit to the store. He's just confirmed two visits after daylight...fran

Good to see you back, Fran! (I was wondering where your response was to this charge!)

No story was made up. This story is mine and I stand by it until I am proved wrong, which BTW hasn't been done yet.

I posted...
a) BC went to a local store to purchase some kind of detergent and/or bleach
b) later retracted bleach when I was told it wasn't bleach by my family member
c) I posted 4am store purchase
d) I then put 4:20 as time when I had a person who saw the video confirm time
e) I described clothing. Jacket and cap which is what BC wore.
f) Not a self-check out register used. BC didn't use self check out.
g) Made a 6am purchase of milk. He did purchase milk at 6am.
h) I later confirmed HT, once the media felt this was the store. I didn't post store originally because I needed some privacy for my family member.
i) I announced on a radio show, BC had returned to HT to have copies of his VIC transactions. Later his attorneys showed those copies.
j) the chief will not confirm or deny a 4am purchase of bleach which I had already retracted (bleach). But responds bleach or any cleaning supplies. Cleaning supplies were not asked about.
k) I told it was the BMW sedan after some said no way, it is the sedan LE is focused on.

So in a nutshell, I haven't lead anyone wrong yet. I don't intend to either. Maybe he bought some other type of detergent or cleaning supply, maybe carpet cleaner/detergent for his trunk. If he purchased it at 4am, LE checked at 3pm on a hot July day, the dampness and smell will be long gone.

A purchase was made at 4:20. BC wasn't up with a sick child, he states he was getting ready for the girl's to get up around 6:30 when he saw they were out of detergent. What did he do from 4-6 am?

SG: Thanks for starting this thread! I was going to suggest that since we may be entering a period of little news in this case, we should go back and fill in new information from the deposition and custody hearing into the Timelines sticky thread. This is a great place to hash out some of those details.

Star12 is correct, it was Mike H.

No story was made up. This story is mine and I stand by it until I am proved wrong, which BTW hasn't been done yet.

I posted...
a) BC went to a local store to purchase some kind of detergent and/or bleach
b) later retracted bleach when I was told it wasn't bleach by my family member
c) I posted 4am store purchase
d) I then put 4:20 as time when I had a person who saw the video confirm time
e) I described clothing. Jacket and cap which is what BC wore.
f) Not a self-check out register used. BC didn't use self check out.
g) Made a 6am purchase of milk. He did purchase milk at 6am.
h) I later confirmed HT, once the media felt this was the store. I didn't post store originally because I needed some privacy for my family member.
i) I announced on a radio show, BC had returned to HT to have copies of his VIC transactions. Later his attorneys showed those copies.
j) the chief will not confirm or deny a 4am purchase of bleach which I had already retracted (bleach). But responds bleach or any cleaning supplies. Cleaning supplies were not asked about.
k) I told it was the BMW sedan after some said no way, it is the sedan LE is focused on.

So in a nutshell, I haven't lead anyone wrong yet. I don't intend to either. Maybe he bought some other type of detergent or cleaning supply, maybe carpet cleaner/detergent for his trunk. If he purchased it at 4am, LE checked at 3pm on a hot July day, the dampness and smell will be long gone.

A purchase was made at 4:20. BC wasn't up with a sick child, he states he was getting ready for the girl's to get up around 6:30 when he saw they were out of detergent. What did he do from 4-6 am?

Thanks mom, that's the information I was referring to.

BC purchased cleaning products at 4:20 a.m.

BC confirmed, he was in fact UP AND AWAKE at 4 a.m., but I do NOT believe he was taking care of a fussy child. I believe he was dumping NC's body and stopped for cleaning supplies to 'stage' the crime scene to make it NOT appear as a crime scene. He's also CONFIRMED the mornings CLEANING of the house.

Like Det Daniels said, BC's stories do NOT match. Inconsistancies! :eek:

JMHO
fran

PS....Anderson is right, I never left, just didn't have enough computer time to post. (I just moved) jmfluThe main thing I have to say is, "I still think BC is guilty!":(

Thanks mom, that's the information I was referring to.

BC purchased cleaning products at 4:20 a.m.

BC confirmed, he was in fact UP AND AWAKE at 4 a.m., but I do NOT believe he was taking care of a fussy child. I believe he was dumping NC's body and stopped for cleaning supplies to 'stage' the crime scene to make it NOT appear as a crime scene. He's also CONFIRMED the mornings CLEANING of the house.

Like Det Daniels said, BC's stories do NOT match. Inconsistancies! :eek:

JMHO
fran

PS....Anderson is right, I never left, just didn't have enough computer time to post. (I just moved) jmfluThe main thing I have to say is, "I still think BC is guilty!":(

Me too, Fran, me too. :(

JMHO
fran

Ummmm, yes he has. His lawyers put out the video tape showing when he went, and he discussed it in his deposition. I think it is safe to say he didn't go to HT at 4 a.m. He says he didn't, and there would be video evidence that he did if he did. I doubt he would lie about it since it would be so easy to prove.

Star12 is correct, it was Mike H.

Were there, in fact, any calls made from NC's phone after 6 AM? Did JA and CPD see NC's purse and phone in her X5?

I am still not clear on the allegation by CPD to MH in reference to him possibly making himself an alibi and what he meant by the CPD playing "good cop/bad cop" I need help understanding this.

Were there, in fact, any calls made from NC's phone after 6 AM? Did JA and CPD see NC's purse and phone in her X5?

I am still not clear on the allegation by CPD to MH in reference to him possibly making himself an alibi and what he meant by the CPD playing "good cop/bad cop" I need help understanding this.

It is believed that a call was made from NCs cell phone to BCs cell phone while he was in route or at Harris Teeter. What is not know is if these calls were made from the same cell tower or a different one. If they were from different towers, the phones would have to be in different locations. This would mean that either NC made the call to BC (which impacts the theory that she was already dead by 6:30 am), BC somehow set up his phone to auto answer and made a call from hers to his (although, this would be difficult if they were on separate towers due to the timing of the video of him at HT...unlikely that he could make the call, put the phone back and get to HT in that short of time), or that he had someone help him by making the call from her. They questioned MH and did the good cop / bad cop routine trying to get him to admit helping BC by making this and other calls from her phone. I'm not sure what the other calls are.

The other part to this is that her phone is locked, and according to BC, was locked when JA asked him about on the morning of the 12th. It's reasonable to assume that NC locked her phone to keep him from seeing personal information on the phone. It is not known if she actually did lock it, to what level she locked it if she did (supposedly, there is a lock level that still allows you to make calls), or if he added a lock on the 12th (or knew her password) to make it seem that the call couldn't have been done by anyone other than NC.

I tend to believe that she had it locked and he didn't know the password. It would make sense given the state of the relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500