Brad Cooper - Timeline, Behavior, Interview, & Evidence Inconsistencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is believed that a call was made from NCs cell phone to BCs cell phone while he was in route or at Harris Teeter. What is not know is if these calls were made from the same cell tower or a different one. If they were from different towers, the phones would have to be in different locations. This would mean that either NC made the call to BC (which impacts the theory that she was already dead by 6:30 am), BC somehow set up his phone to auto answer and made a call from hers to his (although, this would be difficult if they were on separate towers due to the timing of the video of him at HT...unlikely that he could make the call, put the phone back and get to HT in that short of time), or that he had someone help him by making the call from her. They questioned MH and did the good cop / bad cop routine trying to get him to admit helping BC by making this and other calls from her phone. I'm not sure what the other calls are.

The other part to this is that her phone is locked, and according to BC, was locked when JA asked him about on the morning of the 12th. It's reasonable to assume that NC locked her phone to keep him from seeing personal information on the phone. It is not known if she actually did lock it, to what level she locked it if she did (supposedly, there is a lock level that still allows you to make calls), or if he added a lock on the 12th (or knew her password) to make it seem that the call couldn't have been done by anyone other than NC.

I tend to believe that she had it locked and he didn't know the password. It would make sense given the state of the relationship.

I agree that there are some questions and inconsistencies related to the cell phone that have not answered. BTW, I believe that HP asked BC to check Nancy's phone and that is when he said that it was locked.

I agree that there are some questions and inconsistencies related to the cell phone that have not answered. BTW, I believe that HP asked BC to check Nancy's phone and that is when he said that it was locked.

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't remember who asked. It thought SG or MT3K said it on the 911 call. Doesn't really matter, someone asked and he said it was locked on the morning of the 12th.

It is believed that a call was made from NCs cell phone to BCs cell phone while he was in route or at Harris Teeter. What is not know is if these calls were made from the same cell tower or a different one. If they were from different towers, the phones would have to be in different locations. This would mean that either NC made the call to BC (which impacts the theory that she was already dead by 6:30 am), BC somehow set up his phone to auto answer and made a call from hers to his (although, this would be difficult if they were on separate towers due to the timing of the video of him at HT...unlikely that he could make the call, put the phone back and get to HT in that short of time), or that he had someone help him by making the call from her. They questioned MH and did the good cop / bad cop routine trying to get him to admit helping BC by making this and other calls from her phone. I'm not sure what the other calls are.

The other part to this is that her phone is locked, and according to BC, was locked when JA asked him about on the morning of the 12th. It's reasonable to assume that NC locked her phone to keep him from seeing personal information on the phone. It is not known if she actually did lock it, to what level she locked it if she did (supposedly, there is a lock level that still allows you to make calls), or if he added a lock on the 12th (or knew her password) to make it seem that the call couldn't have been done by anyone other than NC.

I tend to believe that she had it locked and he didn't know the password. It would make sense given the state of the relationship.

Great post!!! :clap:

Ummmm, yes he has. His lawyers put out the video tape showing when he went, and he discussed it in his deposition. I think it is safe to say he didn't go to HT at 4 a.m. He says he didn't, and there would be video evidence that he did if he did. I doubt he would lie about it since it would be so easy to prove.

IIRC, in BC's affidavit, he stated he did 'not buy bleach at 4 a.m.' or something to that effect. He did NOT say he didn't go to the store.

I know he showed {proof} he went to the store 'after daylight,' but that doesn't speak to 4:20 a.m.

Yes,............yes it would be on tape. ;)

Just sayin'
fran

IIRC, it was determined that the same tower services that area. One tower, so the cell call could have been made in the right hand and received in the left.

IIRC, in BC's affidavit, he stated he did 'not buy bleach at 4 a.m.' or something to that effect. He did NOT say he didn't go to the store.

I know he showed {proof} he went to the store 'after daylight,' but that doesn't speak to 4:20 a.m.

Yes,............yes it would be on tape. ;)

Just sayin'
fran

From his lawyers website:

http://www.kurtzandblum.com/CM/Investigation/Grocery-Receipts-and-Actual-Surveillance-Video.asp

As is clear from Brad's affidavit, he and Nancy awakened shortly after 4:00 a.m. He did not go to the store until after 6:00 a.m.

To set the record straight and diminish the mounting baseless prejudice against him, we are posting the actual Harris Teeter surveillance videos from the morning of July 12, 2008. These were Brad's only trips to any store that morning.

From his lawyers website:

http://www.kurtzandblum.com/CM/Investigation/Grocery-Receipts-and-Actual-Surveillance-Video.asp

As is clear from Brad's affidavit, he and Nancy awakened shortly after 4:00 a.m. He did not go to the store until after 6:00 a.m.

To set the record straight and diminish the mounting baseless prejudice against him, we are posting the actual Harris Teeter surveillance videos from the morning of July 12, 2008. These were Brad's only trips to any store that morning.

Thanks for the link. :) I didn't realize that they stated these were his only trips to the store that day.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the 4 - 4:20 a.m. videos to be displayed. Maybe at trial. ;)

It's been my experience that you can't always believe what a defense attorney says. Especially when he's relying on the statements of his client who's facing possible criminal charges.

Like I said in my earlier post, some people believe the 4:20 a.m. store trip and some don't. I happen to believe Brad went to the store on his way home from dumping NC's body. Until I hear otherwise, from LE (most likely), I believe there is a video of BC at 4:20 a.m.

JMHO
fran

Thanks for the link. :) I didn't realize that they stated these were his only trips to the store that day.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the 4 - 4:20 a.m. videos to be displayed. Maybe at trial. ;)

It's been my experience that you can't always believe what a defense attorney says. Especially when he's relying on the statements of his client who's facing possible criminal charges.

Like I said in my earlier post, some people believe the 4:20 a.m. store trip and some don't. I happen to believe Brad went to the store on his way home from dumping NC's body. Until I hear otherwise, from LE (most likely), I believe there is a video of BC at 4:20 a.m.

JMHO
fran

I don't think BC is stupid enough to lie about something he KNOWS is easily proven to be a lie. He knows HT videos everything, so he knows there would be video of him at the store at 4:20 am if he was there.

LE has NEVER said he was at HT at 4:20. In fact, the only place that info has come from (that I am aware of) is from MT3K. I fully believe that her source was mistaken or heard incorrectly, and it was 6:20 they either meant to say or did say.

I don't think BC is stupid enough to lie about something he KNOWS is easily proven to be a lie. He knows HT videos everything, so he knows there would be video of him at the store at 4:20 am if he was there.

LE has NEVER said he was at HT at 4:20. In fact, the only place that info has come from (that I am aware of) is from MT3K. I fully believe that her source was mistaken or heard incorrectly, and it was 6:20 they either meant to say or did say.

But, keep in mind, LE is not telling us ANYthing. Remember a couple weeks ago when the woman said she saw Nancy, and I thought LE should put out a statement defending themselves? Other people reminded me that they are keeping everything close to the vest. They have less interest in updating the public with the truth than they do nailing their man.

Hmm, does anyone know if they had a security system and if so, did they use it each night? If so, that could add a lot of detail to the timeline as to when it was deactivated and perhaps someone left. For instance if it does show that BC was at HT at 4ish that would show he lied but if it shows he left the house at 3 something, that could be very indicative. Those records may or may not be helpful in the later morning depending on how they used it

WD

Hmm, does anyone know if they had a security system and if so, did they use it each night? If so, that could add a lot of detail to the timeline as to when it was deactivated and perhaps someone left. For instance if it does show that BC was at HT at 4ish that would show he lied but if it shows he left the house at 3 something, that could be very indicative. Those records may or may not be helpful in the later morning depending on how they used it

WD

Hi water_dancing and welcome to Websleuths! :)

I don't recall any details at all about a security system. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this aspect.

fran

WD

I don't know whether they used it, but they have one, because there's a sticker on the window.

I think both sides (the 430HTers vs. the 630HTers) have valid points. It does appear that it would be easy to mistake a 4:30 tape for 6:30 tape by the HT employee. However, the 430HTers do have that powerful bluster at the first press conference.

Several reasons why BC wouldn't admit to a 4:20 a.m. run, especially if it is detergent he purchase, the main one being, what the heck were you washing from 4:30 to 6:30 that you'd need more laundry detergent or what were you using (I think the smallest Tide type of liquid detergent is 32 uses) that much detergent on (you can't possibly go through that much detergent just doing laundry in two hours because the machine doesn't go that fast).

So, I can see taking a chance on deniability and lying about an earlier run where you'd just have to address the video system or someone else by chance looking like BC.

My point is that both sides have valid reasons for believing what they do, IMO. Recognize each side's differing opinions and let's see if something does come out later.

But, keep in mind, LE is not telling us ANYthing. Remember a couple weeks ago when the woman said she saw Nancy, and I thought LE should put out a statement defending themselves? Other people reminded me that they are keeping everything close to the vest. They have less interest in updating the public with the truth than they do nailing their man.

I agree, but come on...the chances of him making a 4:20 am trip to that HT are basically zero. Again, he and his lawyers would not be stupid enough to come out and directly say they didn't go when it would be so easily proven that he did. If there is a 4:20 am trip to that HT, then he and his lawyers are the dumbest people on the face of the earth. I just don't think there is even a chance of it.

I agree, but come on...the chances of him making a 4:20 am trip to that HT are basically zero. Again, he and his lawyers would not be stupid enough to come out and directly say they didn't go when it would be so easily proven that he did. If there is a 4:20 am trip to that HT, then he and his lawyers are the dumbest people on the face of the earth. I just don't think there is even a chance of it.

I haven't watched all the deposition video yet. Was he asked about the HT trips? If so, and TS knew he was at HT 4:20 and he didn't volunteer it in the depo, then why did they not grill him about it. They sure did grill him over every single doctor/hospital visit in the past 8 years in the depo I did watch.

It is hard to believe, I'll give you that, because it does seem that it would be so easy to verify, but if Mom has been right all along, she lives nearby, and has a person who told her this firsthand, I believe her.

I haven't watched all the deposition video yet. Was he asked about the HT trips? If so, and TS knew he was at HT 4:20 and he didn't volunteer it in the depo, then why did they not grill him about it. They sure did grill him over every single doctor/hospital visit in the past 8 years in the depo I did watch.

No he was not. And I agree, if TS thought he went at 4:20, they would have asked him about it.

It is hard to believe, I'll give you that, because it does seem that it would be so easy to verify, but if Mom has been right all along, she lives nearby, and has a person who told her this firsthand, I believe her.

I believe she was told this. I don't believe the information was correct. I believe she was told that he went to LTF and asked for her card to be scanned. I don't believe that information was correct either. I do believe he went to LTF to see if she was there though, I just don't believe he asked for her card to be scanned.

I believe she was told this. I don't believe the information was correct. I believe she was told that he went to LTF and asked for her card to be scanned. I don't believe that information was correct either. I do believe he went to LTF to see if she was there though, I just don't believe he asked for her card to be scanned.

I asked some people in my office who are LTF members about the LTF id card system. They said if a family member card is scanned it brings up the family record. So its possible that he asked if she was there and they took his card to scan it to see if any other family members had checked in.

FWIW, the information of the 4:20 store visit wasn't mentioned to mom by just one person. Oh..........and the 'other' person(s) didn't know of the 'other.' (LOL, does that make sense?)

As far as any other information mom has divulged, IF people choose to not believe her, that's their perogative. IMO, LE knows the truth. Whether what LE has is enough to convict, only time will tell.:eek:

fran

PS....not directed at you, but do I believe Brad is dumb enough to testify or state under oath to an untruth,..........in one word, 'yes!'

Let's see, lie under oath and get away with murder,:silenced:...........or state the truth and be arrested and tried for murder.:waitasec: It really isn't a hard decision if you're guilty, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500