Break in @ Tony L's Apartment

I feel for TL, I really do. I don't think he knew what he was getting into, (that sounds really bad, now that I look at it, sorry,) when he started up with Casey. I believe that he is just a young man who had no idea that people can be like her. I'm 51 and I
still have trouble wrapping my brain around this case.

KC was a "friendly" girl. Maybe TL thought she might try to get too friendly with the roomies.
*snipped*

This gets my vote.

Casey was a flirt. In recently released IM's Casey teased Tony that she was gonna 'do' one of his roommates, Cameron. Tony also demonstrated a little passive-aggressive jealousy when Casey ref'd Ricardo, and going to Jacksonville w/ Amy.

Also, FWIW, Casey contacted Clint several times, via text while Tony was in NY:

Date DOW Time Type From To
6/30/08 MON 7:51:07 PM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House
6/30/08 MON 8:27:56 PM INCOMING TEXT Clint "Clint" House Casey Anthony
6/30/08 MON 8:28:22 PM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House
6/30/08 MON 8:29:44 PM INCOMING TEXT Clint "Clint" House Casey Anthony
6/30/08 MON 8:31:27 PM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House
6/30/08 MON 8:36:02 PM INCOMING TEXT Clint "Clint" House Casey Anthony
6/30/08 MON 8:36:54 PM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House

7/2/08 WED 11:33:19 AM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House
7/2/08 WED 5:06:07 PM INCOMING CALL Clint "Clint" House Casey Anthony
7/2/08 WED 10:50:35 PM INCOMING TEXT Clint "Clint" House Casey Anthony

7/2/08 WED 10:16:17 PM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House

7/3/08 THU 1:11:59 PM INCOMING TEXT Clint "Clint" House Casey Anthony
7/3/08 THU 1:30:53 PM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House
7/3/08 THU 8:27:55 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House
7/3/08 THU 10:40:11 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House
7/3/08 THU 10:42:59 PM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Clint "Clint" House
7/3/08 THU 10:51:56 PM INCOMING TEXT Clint "Clint" House Casey Anthony
Do we know the date of the break-in?

The more I think about the break-in at TonE's, the more I think KC was responsible. She probably was running short and broke in to see iif she could get her claws on some ready cash. Wonder if anything was missing? I think that by the time TonE went to NY he was feeling smothered by KC. He was probably afraid that if he gave her permission to stay there and the key to his house by the time that he returned he would find KC and Caylee in full residence. KC was moving way too fact for TonE's comfort and he was probably thinking about ways to get rid of her.

Was the breakin reported? If so shouldn't there be a report on file for it? I think KC probably did it too. What are the chances! That might be why she switched friends, a whole new group to steal from. I don't think the shed incident is any big deal, he probably didn't give it a thought since it was where she lived.

I think Casey may have broken into his apartment. Anyone else think so if there is no other evidence of anyone.

I've often wondered about the break-in at Tony's, and why we haven't heard much about that. I've often wondered about WHY KC bothered to wash Tony's Jeep at a car wash. She's too cheap for that. Maybe it had "evidence" of mud on the tires, or maybe she used a vacuum cleaner that car washes have, to vacuum evidence (of what, I'm not sure, lol).

You guys are scaring me about "crimey" Orlando. My DH is going there for the wk.end (funeral in family). I had planned to go and scope out the KC hoopla. But, I really don't care for Florida at all. I'm staying home. I told DH to look out for Zanny the Nanny. Is there a reward out for her? Hmmmm...

ETA, and I forgot to mention, I also have wondered why Tony didn't ask KC, you know, why do you run out of gas like this? And, I also thought, why didn't Tony just offer to bring her some gas, anything other than breaking a lock to get someone else's gas can. Somethin' ain't right here. But, we knew that!

I think she was just trying to "pet" him by washing his car, trying to cater to him. And Tony probably realized that to go and buy gas for her, when she was only going to drive the car until it ran out of gas again and stopped rolling, was throwing good money after bad. JMO.

I think HIS character comes into question here as HE was the one who took the tire iron and broke the lock...

Do we have a date when this break-in occurred? I think this could easily have been Casey who did this break-in.

I think she completely convinced him he was helping her break into her own shed after she lost the key. No crime there. He even admitted it to LE in his first interview.

Where were his room-mates while he was gone? Did they also go on a trip at the same time? Keep in mind if Casey did not have permission to drive the jeep, then she must have had a key made in secret when she did have permission previously, and then used that key while he was away.

TonE is from NY. He's not some bumkin who just fell off the cart. They had only known each other a month when he left. At least one of his roommates was gone the same time he was.

I think it shows sense beyond his years that he didn't give KC the key to his place while he was gone. IT sounded as if she couldn't stay at his place during the day while he was at school either, unless a roommate was there. That's the difference between country and city.

Didn't he say he didn't know she was going to be using his truck while he was gone too? Cleaning it for him was a way for her to show she respects his stuff even if she didn't respect his boundaries. She was showing him what a good lil' gf she could be.

TL's New York trip was after Casey abandoned her car so she had no wheels of her own and was borrowing other peoples cars, TL then Amy.

I don't remember if she drove TL to the airport in his Jeep but it would be plausible. She drove his Jeep to the airport, he may have thought she would get her car back and leave his Jeep parked at his apartment, but of course Casey had other plans. Not sure if she "did" anything using his jeep but I can see her cleaning it up for TL to endear herself futher to him and/or smooth things over if he got upset with her. JMHO:)

I don't blame TL for not allowing her to stay at his apartment while he was gone. She was not a roomate, did not pay rent and utilities , she was a girlfriend and bed buddy who happened to cook and clean and buy some groceries because she spent soooo much time there...she really had no claim staying there while her boyfriend TL was away.IMO :)

And I can believe Casey would break into TL's apartment, or have made copies of car and/or house keys.

i don't want to judge the boy's character over an incident w/ a garage door.
if i myself were judged in this manner and using the same standards then some of the stupid things i did when i was young would surely see me condemned to an eternity in hell, and neither do i believe that my former actions speak to my character, only my immaturity - at the time. the boy may grow into a fine man, but he is, as yet, only a boy.

snipped for space.:)
Tony is not "only a boy". He is a full grown man in his twenties. The age of reason is seven years of age, and considering the fact that Casey has been said to be accountable for her actions regardless of the fact that she is young, then so to that standard applies to all and any and not only Casey. Tony is certainly old enough to know better than to break into someones outbuilding with a tire-iron. I certainly did not condemn him to hell in any way, shape or form, I only condemned him to the consequences of his own actions. I personally believe we pay in the here and now for what we do in the here and now. Plant-reap...that sort of thing. All of our actions combine to define our character, and this includes the "bad" ones. Bad choices can lead to a good character if the proper lessons are gleaned from the mistakes made. :eek:

ITA. When I heard that, I wondered why in heck didn't he just say, "Aw c'mon Casey, let's just go to Target and buy a gas can. I'll pay for it AND the gas."
I don't know, that's just what I would do if a friend of mine was asking me to help them break into a shed at their parents' house.
Exactly-he could easily have NOT broken in by buying a gas can and a couple of gallons of gas, which is also what I myself would do in the same circumstance.

*snipped*

This gets my vote.

Casey was a flirt. In recently released IM's Casey teased Tony that she was gonna 'do' one of his roommates, Cameron. Tony also demonstrated a little passive-aggressive jealousy when Casey ref'd Ricardo, and going to Jacksonville w/ Amy.

Also, FWIW, Casey contacted Clint several times, via text while Tony was in NY:

Do we know the date of the break-in?

Respectfully snipped.

Interesting. Didn't see that KC/Clint texting before.

KC not only offered to 'do' his roommate. It was an offer to show Cameron's gf what a real woman is like. Very snooty of Ms KC. Wasn't it Cameron's gf who told LE she didn't think much of KC's mother skills?

It sounds like the female version of a pizzing contest.

I think Casey may have broken into his apartment. Anyone else think so if there is no other evidence of anyone.

I absolutely think so. For Casey, faking a break-in like that would be the easiest of all her many known thefts. There was no risk she'd be caught in the act, no need to invent elaborate lies, and no danger of later repercussions from her victim/s or LE. Compare that to her having to convince Amy that Amy, who didn't "sleepwalk" had hidden her own money during a "sleepwalking" event and that's why Amy couldn't find it. :rolleyes: Or compare it to walking into a bank and cashing a forged check, knowing you're risking arrest on the spot!

Yep, I have little doubt Casey faked the break-in at Tony's.

If Casey DID make a duplicate of Tony's key, hmmm...and there was a key found at the scene, and there was a bag of his garbage in her trunk-maybe she was setting someone there up to take the fall for Caylee. Who knows what is in the mind of that woman?

I absolutely think so. For Casey, faking a break-in like that would be the easiest of all her many known thefts. There was no risk she'd be caught in the act, no need to invent elaborate lies, and no danger of later repercussions from her victim/s or LE. Compare that to her having to convince Amy that Amy, who didn't "sleepwalk" had hidden her own money during a "sleepwalking" event and that's why Amy couldn't find it. :rolleyes: Or compare it to walking into a bank and cashing a forged check, knowing you're risking arrest on the spot!

Yep, I have little doubt Casey faked the break-in at Tony's.

You know I keep forgetting about that sleepwalking hiding the money incident. Casey HAD to have given Amy something-either she slipped her something in a drink before bed, or she waited until she fell asleep and then gave her the chloroform rag...she did SOMETHING to make that happen so she could rob that girl, and she took it so far as to change Amy's pants for her while she slept...Casey is one cold bird.

You know I keep forgetting about that sleepwalking hiding the money incident. Casey HAD to have given Amy something-either she slipped her something in a drink before bed, or she waited until she fell asleep and then gave her the chloroform rag...she did SOMETHING to make that happen so she could rob that girl, and she took it so far as to change Amy's pants for her while she slept...Casey is one cold bird.

That has always bothered me. Who sleeps that hard, where they do not wake up to someone taking off their clothes? You are right...KC gave her SOMETHING.

i've thought more about this subject and while it's a very small point, and yes maybe i'm just having one of those days ... but back when i was dating it wouldn't even occur to your boyfriend to tell you not to come by his place when he was out of town simply b/c there would be NO reason for you to go to his apartment if you knew he wasn't there :waitasec: is it just me or is telling someone this downright weird in itself? it just seems like such a strange thing to say. wouldn't your boyfriend be inclined to assume that knowing he wasn't there you obviously wouldn't go over?
seriously - how many people have told you not to come to their home when they're not there?
times have changed but i think tony must have had a reason for saying this, whether it be jealousy or trust or something else we know nothing of.

snipped for space.:)
Tony is not "only a boy". He is a full grown man in his twenties. The age of reason is seven years of age, and considering the fact that Casey has been said to be accountable for her actions regardless of the fact that she is young, then so to that standard applies to all and any and not only Casey. Tony is certainly old enough to know better than to break into someones outbuilding with a tire-iron. I certainly did not condemn him to hell in any way, shape or form, I only condemned him to the consequences of his own actions. I personally believe we pay in the here and now for what we do in the here and now. Plant-reap...that sort of thing. All of our actions combine to define our character, and this includes the "bad" ones. Bad choices can lead to a good character if the proper lessons are gleaned from the mistakes made. :eek:

Exactly-he could easily have NOT broken in by buying a gas can and a couple of gallons of gas, which is also what I myself would do in the same circumstance.

Maybe Tony is one of those kind of guys that do not like to spend money on women. He probably felt that KC wasn't worth a gas can and a tank of gas. Ya know, some guys are just like that. He probably thought it would be easier and less expensive just to help get the gas cans out of the tool shed.

KC had TL's car keys because she dropped him off & picked him up from the airport, IIRC. I would think that he removed his house keys from his keychain before giving her the car keys. If the housekeys were on there it could be implied, to her, that it was OK to go to the apartment and snoop. I'm sure he didn't want her in the apt so she could snoop (which he probably assumed she'd do). It was SO early in the relationship that I'm sure there were things that he didn't want her to find, that would be normal.

Why in the world would she stay at his apartment when he was gone? She had a child and a home so there was no reason for her to stay at his place, irregardless of any drama happening at that home. And, she had that fabulous 'nanny' that she could always stay with if she wanted :eyeroll: . Additionally, didn't she threaten to sleep with his roommate during a text message at one point?

This whole 'living together' thing that has been put out there by the media is just ridiculous IMO. They weren't 'living together', they had booty calls and after June 15th they just became extended-length booty calls. Unfortunately, with today's young adults, it's not uncommon for a newly dating couple to stay together for several days before going on with their own lives and then 'hook up' again for another several days.

I don't fault TL much for the shed break-in incident. It was KC's house and she probably lied to him about how she couldn't find the key or it was ok 'I do this all the time', blah blah blah. He is young and was thinking with the wrong part of his body. A more mature adult would have questioned it or offered to purchase gas/gas can for her. But let's face it, he's just a kid.

My dd has a friend with a new baby, her dh left for boot camp and she came by to visit. Big storm that night, I told her don't be silly, stay here. And so she did, the whole 6 mos he was gone! She had her own place, she went and got her mail once a week. Left and showed up with amazing timing as I came and went. She wasn't living here but it sure felt like she was!

When KC would go by the Ant's and come back to TonE's with bags of clothes and food for the apt, she kinda crossed over from being a hook up to moving in, at least as a temporary address.

That has always bothered me. Who sleeps that hard, where they do not wake up to someone taking off their clothes? You are right...KC gave her SOMETHING.

I always believed KC did something or gave something to AH. But, why the changing of the pants? Hard enough to take off someones pants but, even harder to put new ones on!
As far as TL's break in-do we know how it was broken into and if anything was missing? I think it says alot that TL would trust KC with his car keys but not his apt keys. I think it says that he trusted her butt in his car - but he didn't trust her butt in his apt while he was away with his roomies! :rolleyes:

One of the creepiest things about Casey is that she ruthlessly took advantage of her parents in every way, including "sponging off of them" -- and yet, she clearly knew better because she scrupulously did the opposite with Tony. Instead of lazing around his apt and attempting to live off him, she bought groceries and beer at Target for him, she even brought a bag of (stolen) chicken and ice-pops with her from home. She also paid for their sandwiches (at Subway?) the day they had Caylee with him. At Tony's apt, she cooked meals, and cleaned, and did laundry. She washed his Jeep for him (we assume) before picking him up at the airport.

In short, she knows right from wrong perfectly well. And yet she's capable of doing such evil.

Just realized this is a little off-topic. Sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back