Breaking News ~ NC Wanted re: Janet

Well I think the local Fox station did an excellent job in presenting this story. Raven was very deliberate in his statements, though a few of the things he said weren't connected and made no sense. He was quite sly in trying to suggest that someone else killed Janet out of hatred towards him. If that scenario were plausible, they'd have done it with a gun, not a knife. People use knives when they feel threatened, when there's nothing else to grab. You don't do a planned job with a knife. It's too messy. Knives are more prevalently used in crimes of passion, not planned hits. It was presented in the show that while it appeared that a robbery had taken place, one of the most valuable items in the house remained in plain sight... Janet's engagement and wedding rings. Raven knew how valuable these items were and probably knew that he'd need to sell or pawn them for cash down the road, which is why they remained untouched. I'm still incredulous about the fact that he told Janet's parents that she had committed suicide by shooting herself. Even if he were innocent, what on earth would have possessed him to say that?!?

Folks, if you get an opportunity, please contact our local Fox station to express gratitude to them for the fine work they did in airing this story.

Well I think the local Fox station did an excellent job in presenting this story. Raven was very deliberate in his statements, though a few of the things he said weren't connected and made no sense. He was quite sly in trying to suggest that someone else killed Janet out of hatred towards him. If that scenario were plausible, they'd have done it with a gun, not a knife. People use knives when they feel threatened, when there's nothing else to grab. You don't do a planned job with a knife. It's too messy. Knives are more prevalently used in crimes of passion, not planned hits. It was presented in the show that while it appeared that a robbery had taken place, one of the most valuable items in the house remained in plain sight... Janet's engagement and wedding rings. Raven knew how valuable these items were and probably knew that he'd need to sell or pawn them for cash down the road, which is why they remained untouched. I'm still incredulous about the fact that he told Janet's parents that she had committed suicide by shooting herself. Even if he were innocent, what on earth would have possessed him to say that?!?

Folks, if you get an opportunity, please contact our local Fox station to express gratitude to them for the fine work they did in airing this story.

Thank you so much NCBanker. I appreciate the time you took to post your thoughts. I am really looking forward to seeing it online. Thank you so much for coming back here I know it's late there. You won many many good karma points tonight my friend.

Peaceful night and a beautiful day for you tomorrow!

He was quite sly in trying to suggest that someone else killed Janet out of hatred towards him.
There are several reasons why I don't believe this to be true at this point in time. However, it is something that's crossed my mind. He did seem to get out of NC quickly after the crime and on the surface, it appears to have been to get away from LE. But if you're a clear suspect in a murder, going to Utah isn't going to keep LE away. I've often wondered if he was trying to get away from the person or "people" that killed Janet - maybe someone to whom he owed money.

Also, using a knife IS much more personal and that is why some people might opt to use it. If you want to warn someone or show them your hatred, what would make a bigger statement? Especially to someone that doesn't own a gun and doesn't want the crime to be tracked back to a purchase they made. Evidence-wise, guns would leave more behind in terms of the bullets. Nonetheless, Raven's apparent avoidance of police doesn't mesh with an innocent man trying to find his wife's killer.

Thanks for giving us your observations, NC Banker.

He did seem to get out of NC quickly after the crime and on the surface, it appears to have been to get away from LE. But if you're a clear suspect in a murder, going to Utah isn't going to keep LE away. I've often wondered if he was trying to get away from the person or "people" that killed Janet - maybe someone to whom he owed money.

Also, using a knife IS much more personal and that is why some people might opt to use it. If you want to warn someone or show them your hatred, what would make a bigger statement? Especially to someone that doesn't own a gun and doesn't want the crime to be tracked back to a purchase they made. Evidence-wise, guns would leave more behind in terms of the bullets. Nonetheless, Raven's apparent avoidance of police doesn't mesh with an innocent man trying to find his wife's killer.

Thanks for giving us your observations, NC Banker.

Raven fled to Utah for several reasons. 1) There was nothing holding him here in NC once Janet was gone. 2) While leaving NC and going to Utah doesn't completely free him from the clutches of NC Law Enforcement, it does make it more difficult for them to gain access to him. 3) No one back in Utah knew of the trouble Raven was in here, so he had a more receptive audience there. 4) It gave him access to the money that had been deposited for Kaiden at the credit union. 5) He had more of a support infrastructure there with his family and friends - that's his briar patch. No one was after Raven - he was just as easily accessible as his wife.

If you look at homicides in Durham and the surrounding areas, the majority of them are committed with guns. Because of access to I-95, Durham has a very high crime rate, which includes a severe drug trafficking problem. My point in stating this is to point out that they weren't living in Grover's Corner. Guns are easy to get. The MO didn't match anything the police were familiar with, i.e. local robberies, homicides, etc.

Some info. from the show:

It was about 30 minutes with few commercial breaks.

Raven looks creepy with a goatee and a mustache. He was looking towards the camera talking but you never heard anyone ask questions. He was very deliberate in his speaking.

The show was clearly presenting Raven as the suspect (bet he didn't know that was going to happen when agreeing to do the interview).

Janet's friend Cathy, co-worker from ES, showed up at the house when Janet didn't show up at work and as soon as she got there, thought to herself "Why did he (Raven) have to kill her?"

The narrator claims that Janet didn't know she was pregnant (which obviously can't be proven).

The narrator claims that Janet & Raven had taken $500,000 life insurance policies out on each other in the months prior to the murder but that Raven hasn't gotten any of that money due to the ongoing investigation.

It was confirmed that Raven did call Janet's parents at around 5 a.m., hysterical and incoherent and that he did indeed tell them that Janet had shot herself.

Narrator stated that they asked Raven to take a poly and that he initially said that he would. But then friends & family were telling him not to and that he ultimately decided that there was no need for him to take a poly because he didn't hurt his wife. At that point, they go back to LE who states that Raven has provided limited cooperation, at best.

LE states that they investigated several allegations of infidelity on Raven's part.

Edited - the narrator said that Raven got in around 11:45. (Based on the reports we've seen, we know that that can't be accurate.)

The 911 tape was played. Raven was pretty hysterical, at times hard to understand. He clearly said that his wife had been shot.

There were reenactments but some things were portrayed differently than what we've heard. The scenes were shown in a bedroom with bedroom furniture, not office furniture, for example.

Her engagement ring was said to have been in plain sight.

No one was after Raven - he was just as easily accessible as his wife.
Okay, but in the case of someone owing money - if you kill that person, you don't get the money. If you kill someone close to them, you send a very strong message and might end up with what you're owed.

I'm not saying that this is the case at all. I was just mentioning that it is something that crossed my mind a while ago. And when this much time goes by without an arrest, you have to reconsider everything.

I still believe Raven is THE suspect and the show puts the suspicion on Raven as well - from LE to interviews, etc.

I see what you are saying, but this wasn't about organized crime, Raven had no money. I believe if it was about somethng else a gun would have been used. Anyone that new Raven and disliked Raven, would know Raven enough to know he was not a faithful husband and that murdering his wife wouldn't really be getting back at the cheating husband.

The knife was personal, but i do not believe whatsoever that this was a crime of opportunity or a crime of passion. I believe that the knife was used because that is what the murderer was familiar with, and that Janet's murder was premeditated and calculated, especially in light of the 500K life insurance policy. They couldn't afford their rent yet could afford 500k?

I'm very interested to see this show and to see the interview with Raven.

Janet's murder was premeditated and calculated, especially in light of the 500K life insurance policy. They couldn't afford their rent yet could afford 500k?

Depending upon the type of policies they had, the premiums could have been very affordable. You'd be surprised at how cheap certain policies are. Remember, Raven hadn't lost his job yet at the time the policies were obtained.

Depending upon the type of policies they had, the premiums could have been very affordable. You'd be surprised at how cheap certain policies are. Remember, Raven hadn't lost his job yet at the time the policies were obtained.

No, but they were in debt up to their eyeballs.

I'm not sure if they meant $500,000 combined or $500,000 each. I know of a policy written for a 35 year-old smoker for $250,000 that was a mere $33.00 per month. For people in Raven and Janet's age range and health conditions, they could have gotten those policies for a song and a dance.

I'm not sure if they meant $500,000 combined or $500,000 each. I know of a policy written for a 35 year-old smoker for $250,000 that was a mere $33.00 per month. For people in Raven and Janet's age range and health conditions, they could have gotten those policies for a song and a dance.

I dunno, when things are tight, I don't exactly look to spend even $50 a month for a combined policy. But I guess we're not exactly talking about Einstein, now are we.

I dunno, when things are tight, I don't exactly look to spend even $50 a month for a combined policy. But I guess we're not exactly talking about Einstein, now are we.
Very true. For the record, I find it kind of shady myself. Weird priorities and life insurance that turned out to be taken out at just the right time.

I agree, the timing and their ages just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm already hating him more than I hated him before.

He's so guilty.

She wore the pants.... He was submissive to her.

OMG - RAVEN you are so DISGUSTING, this interview shows you as a lying, conniving, ooh you are so icky.

he said he didn't mean to have RELIGION come in the way of their relationship?

HE CHEATED ON HER SEVERAL TIMES.

I'm just sorta...like looking at this and want to scream. He said he took time out of his day to help LE. He didn't take crap out of his day.

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

How to tell if someone is lying.

I really need to go 1 - 100000 with my comments instead of clogging up everything here, so excuse me, but another thing that stuck out, he babbled but he was very good at the address....I found so many inconsistencies in what he had to say, with things he has told other people that I really hope LE is looking at this video and someone comes forward.

I have to say that after listening to it a few more times, I change my mind on the 911 call. I don't find him to sound quite so hysterical after all. In fact, something about the way he talks about the door being open bothers me. I don't know what it is but something seemed contrived - like we discussed before - covering bases or something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back