Bret Michaels Rushed to ICU with Brain Hemorrhage

I am praying that he pulls through and makes a full recovery. He is one of my all time favorites from the hair band days.

I am praying that he pulls through and makes a full recovery. He is one of my all time favorites from the hair band days.

Mine too! My music taste may be a bit out of fashion these days, but I still love "Every Rose has it's Thorn".

Awful to hear- I've always loved Poison and Brett Michaels since I first hear them and finally got to see them a few years ago. It's still something I talk about. Sending him wishes for a speedy recovery....

So sad. I just picked up an Enquirer today (yes, I read trash sometimes ;) ), there was a story about celebrity apprentice and how Brett felt like he was working to hard. It mentioned his diabetes...aww...:(

Wow, I cannot believe this! Crazy and sad at the same time. it doesnt appear that he is doing good. I read that he had an appendectomy at the beginning of the month. I wonder if it could have been caused from that. I clot or something from the anesthesia or surgery and he threw a clot today and it went to the brain.

Just horrible. my prayers are with him.

I was wondering the same thing.

I have what's called the 'Factor V Gene'. It's genetic and makes you more prone to blood clots. I was told to notify my immediate family so that everyone would get tested. My sister was tested and came up positive too. If we're immobile for a certain amount of time (I think it's 24 or 48 hours) due to surgery we're supposed to be put on blood thinners temporarily.

FYI for anyone planning on getting pregnant, it may be worth asking your doctor about the gene. It's not a huge deal if you have the gene but something the doctors should know. It's just a simple blood test to find out if you have it or not.

Sending best wishes Brett's way for a speedy recovery.

Wow, I cannot believe this! Crazy and sad at the same time. it doesnt appear that he is doing good. I read that he had an appendectomy at the beginning of the month. I wonder if it could have been caused from that. I clot or something from the anesthesia or surgery and he threw a clot today and it went to the brain.

Just horrible. my prayers are with him.

It was also discussed on HLN today, that Bret got hit on the head by a prop at the Tony's a while back (don't know the date). Could the clot have been a result of this or could this have contributed to it as well? He has really had a rough time. It was also discussed how very nice a person he truly is.

Oh no!!! I really hope he is going to be ok. I just saw BM/Poison open for Def Leppard back in July.

My prayers go out to Bret. Love him on CA and we both have JD and now to hear his daughter has it. I know he has been praying and stressed out about this. I feel bad for them both. Let us hope he recovers quickly. I have come to respect him now that I have seen him on CA.

bless him.

Goz

I read that he has a subarachnoid brain bleed... 85% of the time that kind of bleed is the result of an aneurysm bursting in the brain.

I too am praying for Bret's smooth recovery. When my son was dx with Type 1 diabetes as a teen, he looked to Bret Michaels as an indication that you can live life and be still be 'cool' with this insidious disease. I can only imagine how devastating it was for Mr. Michaels to learn that his child will also suffer from it. My hope is for his complete recovery from this brain injury, AND a CURE for diabetes in our childrens' lifetime.

Even after all these years, I find that Poison's music from the '80's still puts a smile on my face. What fun songs! I've watched Bret in interviews and have always been struck by his obvious intelligence. I'm hoping for the best.

I follow Brett on CA and he's quite an amiable guy.. He's been in my prayers throughout the day. I hope he pulls through this

This happened to my good friend in 05'. She didn't make it, only 30 yrs old and with 2 children 8, 4, and a husband and she was on top of her game as well. So sad. I'm still not over it.
I really hope he gets better.

-------------------
rosepetal,we lost our son through a bloodclot in the Basiliar artery,brain stem infarction.He lived 3 1/2 years totally paralyzed except for eye movement.Taht was in 1991,at 36yrs.I still have never recovered and dont expect to.This is the worst place in the brain for a stroke. He was totally concious of all going on around him.My life ended that day.

--------------
I might add my son was very health concious,ate healthy,didnt smoke,weighed 170 at 6'1".had an occaisonal beer,worked out every day.very active person.I miss him so...I am not familiar with this young man but I pray for him. He will never be the same.

I was never a fan of Poison but after watching CA, I have become a Brett Michaels Fan. I will pray for his recovery-he seems like such a great guy.

I was so hoping to hear an update today. I am 31 years old and have had a crush on Bret for as long as I can remember. He is an extremely talented man, super sweet and intelligent and has those gorgeous eyes to top it all off.Many prayers to him and his family, for a quick and complete recovery.

Read on Perez Hilton that his tour manager (Jenna Elias) that is at his bedside, gave this statement, today:

“There are several incorrect reports on Bret's condition. Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are being ran and information will be updated in the coming days.”

http://perezhilton.com/2010-04-24-bret-michaels-still-in-critical-condition

I know TMZ said yesterday that Bret was stable and talking... they got the info from the winner of the Rock of Love season 2 winner, Ambre Lake, whose story match another former contestants info that she supposedly got from an unnamed band member. Not sure who to believe, but I would think that his manager would have legitimate info.

Thank you for the info Elphaba. I really, REALLY hope he can pull through this! My prayers and thoughts are still going out to him.

P.S. O/T but I just have to tell you that your avatar pic has always been one of my favorites here.

I was so hoping to hear an update today. I am 31 years old and have had a crush on Bret for as long as I can remember.

Me too, butterfly. =) You wouldn't know it if you met me today, but I was a hair metal girl as a young'un and I always had a thing for Bret. He's aged much better than a lot of them! I'm hanging around on the internet tonight just to see if anything comes out - hopefully good news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back