Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volunteers are out looking for trucks that possibly match the description - and turning in the information to LE.

"The information collected by hundreds of volunteers and police officers looking for a missing 19-year-old student will be used to create a map locating vehicles similar to one that might have been used in a related crime.
More than 170 volunteers on Thursday waded through empty lots, dug in dumpsters, distributed fliers, answered phones and jotted down license plate numbers of vehicles that match the description of one used in a Dec. 16 abduction and rape of University of Nevada, Reno student. .......

Every extended cab truck and sport utility vehicle with a high clearance is suspect. When Jarrod Brolsma, 27, saw volunteers walking toward his extended-cab truck he said, "I don't look like I'm 5'6," referencing to a description of the suspect."

http://tinyurl.com/2xu8s7http://tinyurl.com/2xu8s7

LOL. And everyone was all worked up here at WS about turning in a tip about a myspace page. Sorry, I had to find the humor in that.
I'm just glad that they are working hard and trying anything to find Brianna.

Just a suggestion here. But if you are going to show people's faces here that might look like the sketch. It might be wise to keep the name off.

Just a suggestion here. But if you are going to show people's faces here that might look like the sketch. It might be wise to keep the name off.

Not if they are convicted sex offenders. There name, picture, and any other vital statistic should be posted on billboards IMHO. :eek:

...The suspect is described as a heavy-set white male about 30 to 40 years old. He has some facial hair and was wearing a Raider’s t-shirt.The suspect vehicle is a dark, single cab truck with cloth seats...
Doesn't the guy in the Myspace have a truck w/extended cab and not single cab? He does meet the physical criteria.

“The victim stated that her keys to her vehicle and residence were taken and that subject may have been prowling in the area days prior to this happening,” according to police.

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2007...lly-assaulted/

Did they change the locks on her house and that is why her house key didn't work? He gets angry and starts trying to beat the lock off?

Spitball~ I have checked it out the FACES program in the past and while I think it is a great tool to use for a rough sketch...I have found it doesn't have the nuances an artist can bring to the table. Is this the way they use it or do they just go off what you can create with the program?

Not if they are convicted sex offenders. There name, picture, and any other vital statistic should be posted on billboards IMHO. :eek:

Right on Reannan! It should be open season on these scumbags. Once they have commited these terrible acts, they've flushed their rights down the toilet. Let the ACLU try to protect their worthless hides. Not us!

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Wouldn't it be great while in the course of investigations we locate these absconded sex offenders?! They are not following the guidelines to live out in the public and need to be found. ;)

Wouldn't it be great while in the course of investigations we locate these absconded sex offenders?! They are not following the guidelines to live out in the public and need to be found. ;)

Even better if they"re caught by one of us phoning in a tip about their Myspace profile!

:woohoo:

Myspace has a new policy where they are working with various states to remove any known sex offenders. At least they are cooperating now.

Myspace has a new policy where they are working with various states to remove any known sex offenders. At least they are cooperating now.

I'm not sure if thats a good thing? They can be caught and sent to jail if they are tracked on there.

Hi All - been keeping up with this ever since it happened. I am missing something though - was Brianna sleeping on the couch in the living room? Or was it a couch/loveseat in a bedroom? My impression is that she was sleeping in the living room which is why she was so easily viewable through the glass doors. If this is the case then I have a hard time believing the perp would be brazen enough to sexually assault/rape her right there probably knowing there were other people in the house. That is extremely risky. I would imagine he subdued her somehow and took her out of the house. Have the LE said if the blood on the pillow was her blood or his blood. It is possible she bit him, got blood on the bear and the pillow. He didn't notice the blood on the pillow but took the bear because of that reason. Or possibly LE found a hair. Does anyone follow me on this? I just have a hard time accepting he assaulted her right there and no one heard a thing or accepting he was brazen enough to do that in the first place.
Did anyone happen to watch Cold Case last night about the serial rapist in Florida they caught a few years ago? He would stalk single women, break into their houses, rape them, sometimes stay for hours cuddling and talking to them and then leave. By the time they caught him he had raped over twenty women. My point being it sounds like the REno PD might have a similar case on their hands, a serial raper. Hopefully with all the publicity Brianna's case has gotten it has scared him enough to lay low and not attack any more women.
I just can't believe how seemingly careless these girls were about their safety. I would NEVER sleep in front glass doors without the blinds closed much less with the unlocked. It is sad they had to learn the hard way. I hope Brianna is found alive but obviously it doesn't look good.
Has anyone seen anything from her parents? I haven't seen much about them out searching for her or doing the talk show circuit but admittedly I have not really looked either.

I'm with you Gaia. I don't see the assault happening at the house.

They damn well better cooperate. Myspace has become a smorgasboard for these sharks that feed on our young, naive, and innocent. Oh look, now I'm myspace BASHING too.

:)

Welcome to WS, Gaia~ Yes, she was sleeping on the sofa in the living room in plain view of not one, but 3 doors and windows. The doors were commonly left unlocked because of the roomate situation (You are right...very bad idea).

The blood was about the size of a silver dollar and it was identified as being Brianna's. They did recover DNA matching the perp, but only alluded to it being from the oils on his hands (it was a leather sofa). I would assume this means they also have his fingerprints. They have no doubt he is a serial rapist as they have his DNA placing him at 3 incidents so far.

The uncle is the spokeperson for the family and has been in the media several times.

I agree...I think his pattern is clear that he takes them somewhere else to sexually attack them. It doesn't look good for Brianna right now, but they have to find him to find her.

He has both, if the truck his wife was working on is his.
Plus, he could have used someone's truck (even company truck). However, because of the baby shoe, I think that it is a personal truck. Maybe, the baby shoe was in his wife's vehicle.

We saw that it only took Edwin Hall one hour to abduct, drive to a place to rape, torture and murder Kelsey Smith, then drive to Macy's and leave her vehicle and walk to his truck in the Target parking lot.

They are showing the composite on Fox News. I'm not sure that this is the guy who is responsible for taking Brianna. What do I know, though? I am not privy to all of the police information.

I'm not sure if thats a good thing? They can be caught and sent to jail if they are tracked on there.
That is what they are doing. They arrest them after Myspace has allowed them to search the records and they can prove they had a page where they are violating the guidelines. : ) Before, Myspace was not allowing them access to those records to even check for sex offenders without specific warrants.

He has both, if the truck his wife was working on is his.
Plus, he could have used someone's truck (even company truck). However, because of the baby shoe, I think that it is a personal truck. Maybe, the baby shoe was in his wife's vehicle.

We saw that it only took Edwin Hall one hour to abduct, drive to a place to rape, torture and murder Kelsey Smith, then drive to Macy's and leave her vehicle and walk to his truck in the Target parking lot.

They are showing the composite on Fox News. I'm not sure that this is the guy who is responsible for taking Brianna. What do I know, though? I am not privy to all of the police information.

I only wish they could come across video tape of this guy in his truck. It was the tape that led LE to Hall. The neighbors recognized it and then put 2 plus2 together.

I would love it if you were privy to all of their information, Nan! Then again, it would drive me nuts because you couldn't share it. :crazy:

I think LE is only going on location and the fact she was raped. Outside of that, I am not finding many similiarities in the MO. The gun really bothers me in this respect. If it worked once for him to be successful in a rape, he is going to use it again, imo. The other three never mentioned a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname