Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. And everyone was all worked up here at WS about turning in a tip about a myspace page. Sorry, I had to find the humor in that.
I'm just glad that they are working hard and trying anything to find Brianna.

I kept thinking of Liz Lemon on 30 Rock turning her neighbor in to Homeland Security.

~Better safe than sorry~

For those of you that have the myspace guy's site, take a look at the sketch and the photos of guy with the guitar and the one in the heart shape. The eyebrows aren't as thin, but there is a similarity there. He also colors his hair frequently. Hmmmm...

Is it just me or am I incorrect with my logic? It seems that in a very short period of time four or more assaults of relative magnitude occur within blocks of each other. Moreover, within hours of Brianna's abduction it is quite apparent that Dec-victim has an attempted break-in? Are the Reno LE agencies either too thick or just severely mismanaged?

There can be no excuse whatsoever for them NOT to have had a cruiser or two in that area. Period.

Next question: What, why, on earth is a female person walking on a residential street at 3:00am?

Another question:

Sorry…I don't mean to go in any direction unless it is to find Brianna. However, Dec-victim states information about the truck, cd/radio player, and feels as though her assailant may have been trolling the neighborhood for days prior to the assault. Where does that come from? I don't mean paper, or source, I mean what would make a girl feel as though someone had been trolling their neighborhood?

Furthermore, if she felt this way...why was she out on a walk? Does anyone think she'd seen the perp before the assault?

Leviosa

I think in a college town, you would routinely find a girl walking on the streets at 3:00 am. They went to a party, and for whatever reason, decide to go home rather than spend the night. It isn't safe, but I don't think the rest of the world thinks like we do. KansasCutie, don't you agree???

For those of you that have the myspace guy's site, take a look at the sketch and the photos of guy with the guitar and the one in the heart shape. The eyebrows aren't as thin, but there is a similarity there. He also colors his hair frequently. Hmmmm...

I just don't think the sketch looks very much like the guy on MySpace, or for that matter, looks very much like the first description we received. The man in the sketch doesn't have what I would consider a "long face with a square chin" that is covered in soft hair that is 1/2 to 1 inches long. I think it may be two different people.

I believe the answer is they are young and feel invincible. I remind college age girls constantly of the dangers they face, but their response is always the same..."Nothing is going to happen to me!! You worry too much!" or I hear, "I am not going to let fear rule my life". Both answers tell me they are taking unneccessary risks with their safety.

I also noticed the changing of the hair color frequently and wondered if this was to change his appearance.

Well, LE is certainly getting a lot of tips, and they are asking some of the guys to submit a DNA sample. Interesting.....

"The Reno police department continues to follow up on "hundreds" of leads. They have interviewed sex offenders in the area and have asked some men identified through tip lines as possible suspects to submit voluntary DNA samples, which he described as an "easy, quick, unobtrusive process" for eliminating someone. "

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=4227385&page=1

Obviously, it is. But it might not be for sinister reasons. Altho, I don't know many men over the age of 30 that find the desire to dye their hair repeatedly.

Reannan, it reminds me of that case on the East coast where they practically had the entire town of males submit to DNA testing (800, IIRC) and they did end up with a match from the garbage collector who they found guilty of the murder.

Obviously, it is. But it might not be for sinister reasons. Altho, I don't know many men over the age of 30 that find the desire to dye their hair repeatedly.

especially a family man w/kids and such - he seems to still be in fully party mode @ that rate - not that you can't party @ that age but i would rather be home w/my husband and kid than out in bars etc......

It was the only one of the four cases in which the suspect flashed a weapon -- a silver and black handgun.

That victim described the suspect as roughly in his 30s, with a square chin and muscular build.

Near the scene of the attack, authorities found a box of Trojan brand condoms that McDonald said the man may have dropped as he fled.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=4227385&page=1

These points don't match sketch guy...unless they are witholding the fact he wore a condom in that attack. He doesn't look in his 30s to me, no facial hair, no square chin, a weapon was used, and no mention of his shaved "area".

I am curious about the condoms found. Looking at the photo there seems to be a dark stain on the lower package. Anyone notice that? Could it be blood?

Does a rapist stop long enough to put on a condom while trying to control his victim? How is it possible? I understand he would not want to leave such DNA behind, but I would think he would be too busy holding her down with her fighting him.

What are the details of the fourth case, I guess I missed that? I thought there were 3...one young girl gets fondled/groped; Asian girl gets sexually assaulted (oral sex) and she is the one whose house gets broken into, and then Brianna...who is the fourth? I had never heard a gun was involved in the others.

Spitball~ I have checked it out the FACES program in the past and while I think it is a great tool to use for a rough sketch...I have found it doesn't have the nuances an artist can bring to the table. Is this the way they use it or do they just go off what you can create with the program?
Very true, the artist can bring much more to a rendering than the FACES program. In my case, I have the drawing skills of a wild boar, so a FACES-type program is the only way I could even attempt something like that. Being a very small department (40 Sworn Officers, 4 of which were Detectives) we all tended to wear multiple hats...so even as much as a novice as I was, it was the best we could do. Had it been a higher profile case, say a case involving a death, we'd have solicited the assistance of a "professional" sketch artist to do the heavy pencil lifting.

What are the details of the fourth case, I guess I missed that? I thought there were 3...one young girl gets fondled/groped; Asian girl gets sexually assaulted (oral sex) and she is the one whose house gets broken into, and then Brianna...who is the fourth? I had never heard a gun was involved in the others.
The last one reported including the sketch.

RENO, Nev. — Reno police released a composite sketch of a suspected rapist linked to a sexual assault in the area where a 19-year-old college student disappeared.

The sketch is "not inconsistent" with suspect descriptions in three other sexual assault cases near the University of Nevada, Reno campus, investigators say.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327507,00.html

That is what I am saying...there WAS no gun used in the other 3 attacks. I think LE is grasping at straws and it worries me.

Very true, the artist can bring much more to a rendering than the FACES program. In my case, I have the drawing skills of a wild boar, so a FACES-type program is the only way I could even attempt something like that. Being a very small department (40 Sworn Officers, 4 of which were Detectives) we all tended to wear multiple hats...so even as much as a novice as I was, it was the best we could do. Had it been a higher profile case, say a case involving a death, we'd have solicited the assistance of a "professional" sketch artist to do the heavy pencil lifting.
Very interesting!! Glad you caught your goofy looking perp, too!! WTG!

SS, thanks for clearing that up for me....I agree, doesn't make sense that in the Oct attack, a gun was used and then in the later attacks, no weapon was used. Sounds like unrelated crimes to me.

SS, thanks for clearing that up for me....I agree, doesn't make sense that in the Oct attack, a gun was used and then in the later attacks, no weapon was used. Sounds like unrelated crimes to me.

Unless.........he was using a fake gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member