Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
His SO might notice if he all of the sudden quit shaving...so I would assume he would continue on with his normal habits.

adniod,
Hi. Thanks for all the work you're doing on this case. :)

Do you remember/know if there are any traffic cameras within 10 or so miles from where Brianna was found?

Would it be likely that she was placed in that area during the day? Or would she more likely have been put there at night?

I think that he did purposely leave her body there, and the underware and pose the body. I think he wanted her found, but did this under the cover of darkness. And it doesn't look like anyone would have seen him there except someone passing by on the road. Which probably doesn't have alot of traffic in the wee hours of the morning.

I am interested in the Dec vic because I think that we can learn alot about our perp from her abduction and rape, and then with the follow up visit he made to her apartment. When he went back to her apartment in Jan that would lead you to believe he wasn't stalking her for that month because one would think he would have known she wasn't there. And are we to surmise that he was there to rape and murder her? And how many rapists return to their vics apartment a month later? Then when you read on the blogs that he had broken both her ankles..can that be true? If so then was he returning because he thought she would still be helpless? Many things about this perp seem so different, almost bizarre.

I am wondering if he recently, like within the past 6 months, moved to this area? And are there other cases of rapes and abduction at other college and university towns in other parts of the country that match these events?

I think that he did purposely leave her body there, and the underware and pose the body. I think he wanted her found, but did this under the cover of darkness. And it doesn't look like anyone would have seen him there except someone passing by on the road. Which probably doesn't have alot of traffic in the wee hours of the morning.

I am interested in the Dec vic because I think that we can learn alot about our perp from her abduction and rape, and then with the follow up visit he made to her apartment. When he went back to her apartment in Jan that would lead you to believe he wasn't stalking her for that month because one would think he would have known she wasn't there. And are we to surmise that he was there to rape and murder her? And how many rapists return to their vics apartment a month later? Then when you read on the blogs that he had broken both her ankles..can that be true? If so then was he returning because he thought she would still be helpless? Many things about this perp seem so different, almost bizarre.

I am wondering if he recently, like within the past 6 months, moved to this area? And are there other cases of rapes and abduction at other college and university towns in other parts of the country that match these events?

Sometimes I think most of the bizarre is not backed up by facts. I think it has mostly been generated by speculation.

DD,
That's the way I see it too.
Could he have possibly carried the body around for a few days and later put it in the field? Possibly doing so after sunset.

10EC DAD,
Hi. This is a crime forum, no the police department.
We are discussing possibilities of what happened to Brianna.
Facts given to the public and speculation is all we got.

DD,
That's the way I see it too.
Could he have possibly carried the body around for a few days and later put it in the field? Possibly doing so after sunset.

10EC DAD,
Hi. This is a crime forum, no the police department.
We are discussing possibilities of what happened to Brianna.
Facts given to the public and speculation is all we got.

phil,

I don't understand your point in response to my post. Again, my post implies that the most bizarre aspects listed by DD was from speculation.

In response to a couple previous posts, IMHO,you can all but rule out the possibility that she was placed there in the daytime. For you people that are not from here,the whole area has been built up with businesses and housing close by within the past few years. It is extremely busy during the day but since this particular area is almost all businesses, there is nobody around at night. I work about a mile north of there and will use DoubleR BLVD. to go to my pharmacy and/or wal-mart,starbucks,etc. rather than using S. Virginia which runs the same way(north-south). I live about 45 minutes north of Reno and go through hundreds of square miles of desert with 4-wheel drive roads everywhere. If you look at where she was abducted on Google or whatever,you'll notice that about 15 blocks is all you have to go to where this nothingness all starts.(Peavine Mountain). LE called this a "Place Of High Interest" while the searches were going on. IMHO, this would have been a logical place to put her if you were in a hurry or a few miles north if you never wanted her to be found. I think that he wanted her to be found but I can't even begin to speculate why that area was picked. LE seems to think that he lives near where she was abducted and works or worked in the area that she was left. I wish I knew a little bit about profiling. I think and hope LE will get this .

Just speculation on my part, but I have the feeling that he recently moved to Reno, sometime in the past year or two. Reno is small enough that it would only take a few months to become familiar with parts of the city. I think Brianna is his first murder, but that he's attacked/raped women before. He could be responsible for attacks/rapes of women in other cities.

I too feel there's elements that make this case very unusual. Most attacks on women are attacks of opportunity. The suspect attacks a woman and then goes on to another victim. Returning to the home of the December victim is very unusual.

We all have our theories on what happened to Brianna - and to be honest I have always thought she was alive for awhile after the abduction... all of a sudden one day - about a week before the body was found I just had this feeling she wasn't.

BUT thi think I just can't understand is how is it that this person is still out there. Someone knows what he did - how could you live with yourself protecting his secret or even not looking into your suspicions more?

I am sure Brianna was not a saint but she was a young person with a lot of life left - life she deserved to live.

I had posted a link in one of the earlier threads discussing rapes in Atlanta in mid-January that fit the same mode of attack. It is quite possible this guy travels for his job and not only has victims elsewhere and has left the area now for business in another city or part of the country, but actually lives in another area of the country alltogether.

Sure, there's probably SOs and other people with someone like that in their lives thinking, "Well, Johnny was in Reno for work during that week that girl was abducted...." but as has been stated elsewhere regarding this case, it takes a lot for people to go from thinking that it's a coicidence to really suspecting the person. I personally think he has skipped town for any of the above reasons or one I haven't considered and that that is why he has not been captured. But I totally agree that someone, somewhere, has a suspicion that they're not following through on for whatever reason. Unfortunately, it might take attacks elsewhere to move that person to make a connection and tell police they think their boyfriend, son, brother, father, uncle, etc. is the one.

In response to a couple previous posts, IMHO,you can all but rule out the possibility that she was placed there in the daytime. For you people that are not from here,the whole area has been built up with businesses and housing close by within the past few years. It is extremely busy during the day but since this particular area is almost all businesses, there is nobody around at night. I work about a mile north of there and will use DoubleR BLVD. to go to my pharmacy and/or wal-mart,starbucks,etc. rather than using S. Virginia which runs the same way(north-south). I live about 45 minutes north of Reno and go through hundreds of square miles of desert with 4-wheel drive roads everywhere. If you look at where she was abducted on Google or whatever,you'll notice that about 15 blocks is all you have to go to where this nothingness all starts.(Peavine Mountain). LE called this a "Place Of High Interest" while the searches were going on. IMHO, this would have been a logical place to put her if you were in a hurry or a few miles north if you never wanted her to be found. I think that he wanted her to be found but I can't even begin to speculate why that area was picked. LE seems to think that he lives near where she was abducted and works or worked in the area that she was left. I wish I knew a little bit about profiling. I think and hope LE will get this .

I have continued to think that he panicked when he dumped her body instead of "planting" her body to be found for a specific reason.

You have given some useful insight of the area. Either he was in a real panic, and went to place familiar to him, or he did "plant" her body. I am still leaning towards the panic theory.

Thank you for your post and information.

You can't be serious.
I would say Ca-Sun is quite serious! I happen to agree. Other places have used a huge sampling of DNA to catch a killer.

If they do not turn up a genetic match from among those tested so far, the police said, they will eventually seek blood samples from every male over age 13 in the neighborhood -- more than 2,000 of them. It takes the police about two weeks to get the results back from the lab, and the first results are dribbling in now, showing no matches so far.
~snip~
Britain has tried semi-voluntary mass screenings like the one in St. Mellons before, with mixed results. Four years ago, the South Wales Police undertook the biggest effort to date when they screened 5,000 men in an unsuccessful attempt to find the killer of a 27-year-old woman.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=990CE4D91138F930A15757C0A963958260

TRURO, Mass., Jan. 7 - In an unusual last-ditch move to find clues to the three-year-old killing of a freelance fashion writer, police investigators are trying to get DNA samples from every man in this Cape Cod hamlet, all 790 or so, or as many as will agree.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/10/national/10cape.html

*In the case of Christa Worthington, it did produce the killer who was eventually convicted by the name of Chistopher Mcowen.

The largest known DNA sweep took place in Germany three years ago. More than 16,000 people were tested before the killer of an 11-year-old girl was found. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/10/60minutes/main642684.shtml(Bolding done by me)

I would say Ca-Sun is quite serious! I happen to agree. Other places have used a huge sampling of DNA to catch a killer.

If they do not turn up a genetic match from among those tested so far, the police said, they will eventually seek blood samples from every male over age 13 in the neighborhood -- more than 2,000 of them. It takes the police about two weeks to get the results back from the lab, and the first results are dribbling in now, showing no matches so far.
~snip~
Britain has tried semi-voluntary mass screenings like the one in St. Mellons before, with mixed results. Four years ago, the South Wales Police undertook the biggest effort to date when they screened 5,000 men in an unsuccessful attempt to find the killer of a 27-year-old woman.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=990CE4D91138F930A15757C0A963958260

TRURO, Mass., Jan. 7 - In an unusual last-ditch move to find clues to the three-year-old killing of a freelance fashion writer, police investigators are trying to get DNA samples from every man in this Cape Cod hamlet, all 790 or so, or as many as will agree.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/10/national/10cape.html

*In the case of Christa Worthington, it did produce the killer who was eventually convicted by the name of Chistopher Mcowen.

The largest known DNA sweep took place in Germany three years ago. More than 16,000 people were tested before the killer of an 11-year-old girl was found. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/10/60minutes/main642684.shtml(Bolding done by me)

They will have no legal basis to target this gym for mandatory DNA sample collections.

We all have our theories on what happened to Brianna - and to be honest I have always thought she was alive for awhile after the abduction... all of a sudden one day - about a week before the body was found I just had this feeling she wasn't.

BUT thi think I just can't understand is how is it that this person is still out there. Someone knows what he did - how could you live with yourself protecting his secret or even not looking into your suspicions more?
I am sure Brianna was not a saint but she was a young person with a lot of life left - life she deserved to live.

They were flooded with leads. It takes time.
Today I spoke with a member of LE -while not specific at all said they were narrowed down and seemed pretty confident.

(snipped)

Look how long it took to identify and catch Chester Stiles.

I hope they get this soon. What if he has moved on? If he's transient, nobody would even be suspicious of that.

Look how long it took to identify and catch Chester Stiles.

I hope they get this soon. What if he has moved on? If he's transient, nobody would even be suspicious of that.

That is possible, but based on his seemingly familiarity of Reno, he must have been there for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500