Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were flooded with leads. It takes time.
Today I spoke with a member of LE -while not specific at all said they were narrowed down and seemed pretty confident.

I wonder what that means.

I hope that means they have a short list of suspects.

My main concern is speed of hair growth.

If the other attack (with the shaved genitals) took place in December, I would think that a month of not shaving would be sufficient to grow a substansial amount of new hair and render the "shaved genital" theory useless at this point...

exactly......if he shaved before, i'd bet he isn't now....

I think that he did purposely leave her body there, and the underware and pose the body. I think he wanted her found, but did this under the cover of darkness. And it doesn't look like anyone would have seen him there except someone passing by on the road. Which probably doesn't have alot of traffic in the wee hours of the morning.
I am interested in the Dec vic because I think that we can learn alot about our perp from her abduction and rape, and then with the follow up visit he made to her apartment. When he went back to her apartment in Jan that would lead you to believe he wasn't stalking her for that month because one would think he would have known she wasn't there. And are we to surmise that he was there to rape and murder her? And how many rapists return to their vics apartment a month later? Then when you read on the blogs that he had broken both her ankles..can that be true? If so then was he returning because he thought she would still be helpless? Many things about this perp seem so different, almost bizarre.

I am wondering if he recently, like within the past 6 months, moved to this area? And are there other cases of rapes and abduction at other college and university towns in other parts of the country that match these events?

yep, he dumped her body at night, imo also.....he could have easily parked his car in the lot, to the left of the dumpsite, on Prototype, per 's picture...(see link below)....no one would have noticed him walking in that area at night, especially if he had on dark clothing....i don't think he would have parked on the road on Sand Hill...his vehicle would have been too visible, but in that lot over to the left, it wouldn't have stuck out for people to notice....not in the wee hours of the morning, before dawn.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//WS/Denison/Windows.jpg

(the blue dot is where her body was found)

good point about him returning to the Dec victim's home...makes sense IF he actually broke her ankles, that she would be helpless...i hadn't thought of that....

They don't need a legal basis to ask for samples of DNA given voluntarily. All they have to do is simply ask.

SS no if they want DNA from the employees they will have to go to court to get a court order.After all this is the USA and we have rights.They could ask to have DNA voluntarily but I will tell u what I would refused even though I have nothing to hide

SS no if they want DNA from the employees they will have to go to court to get a court order.After all this is the USA and we have rights.They could ask to have DNA voluntarily but I will tell u what I would refused even though I have nothing to hide

yeah, i hear ya JDB.....i think lots would decline in having a DNA test done, & LE couldn't hold it against them....what are they going to do?...start spending time watching all the men that refused to be tested?...no way; there'd be too many.......JMO

In response to a couple previous posts, IMHO,you can all but rule out the possibility that she was placed there in the daytime. For you people that are not from here,the whole area has been built up with businesses and housing close by within the past few years. It is extremely busy during the day but since this particular area is almost all businesses, there is nobody around at night. I work about a mile north of there and will use DoubleR BLVD. to go to my pharmacy and/or wal-mart,starbucks,etc. rather than using S. Virginia which runs the same way(north-south). I live about 45 minutes north of Reno and go through hundreds of square miles of desert with 4-wheel drive roads everywhere. If you look at where she was abducted on Google or whatever,you'll notice that about 15 blocks is all you have to go to where this nothingness all starts.(Peavine Mountain). LE called this a "Place Of High Interest" while the searches were going on. IMHO, this would have been a logical place to put her if you were in a hurry or a few miles north if you never wanted her to be found. I think that he wanted her to be found but I can't even begin to speculate why that area was picked. LE seems to think that he lives near where she was abducted and works or worked in the area that she was left. I wish I knew a little bit about profiling. I think and hope LE will get this .

thanks for the input....yes, it's pretty clear to me now that he wanted her body to be found.....

FXSTS.....will you please read my post...#72 on this thread, & see if it sounds logical to you?..i'm just wondering if it's possible it may have happened this way, or am i way off at looking at the picture....

or , or anyone that's from the area....please:)

Have been lurking for a long time but have not posted. I appreciate all of you and your posts. Most informative site on the web for current crimes.

I have mixed feelings about having mass DNA collection of the general male population in Reno because of two incidents I have been personally involved in.

A young college girl was murdered in her dorm and a composite was done of the possible perpetrator. 11 men were brought to my workplace for two other staff members and myself to collect DNA specimens (blood, head hair, pubic hair and sputum) on them. Each person we did, we compared to the composite drawing and each one we were certain was the killer. One man was so close, I remember my hands trembling as I collected his specimens. None of the 11 ended up being the one who raped and kill the girl...all 11 we had direct contact with were innocent men.

Another incident I was involved in collecting DNA samples on was the man who LE is absolutely 100% certain killed three local women in our town. Unfortunately they were never able to connect him to the murders by DNA and he was held on an unrelated charge but will eventually be released back into the community when his time is up on a relatively minor charge.

So demanding collection of DNA is not going to be what breaks this case, IMHO.

Keep up the good work.

phil,

I don't understand your point in response to my post. Again, my post implies that the most bizarre aspects listed by DD was from speculation.

The things that I personally find most bizarre in this case are fact.

It is bizarre for a rapist to bring/use condoms..that is fact..it is bizarre for a rapist to return their vic to their home..that is fact and it is bizarre for a rapist to return to their vics home 1 month later without stalking them that they didn't even realize the vic no longer lived there. The things after that are speculation.

My specualtions are that he has lived in Reno maybe 6 mos..enough to be familiar with the surroundings.
That he has done this before in other college / university towns.
That he wanted the body and undies found.
That he has done this before and will do this again.
That he has no compulsion to hide..he returned to the second vics home.
That he is 20-30 something..just starting what could be a very long career if he isn't stopped. And actually I think a 20 something.
That he is middle class, fairly well educated, not bad looking, actually very normal looking and acting and can blend into his surroundings easily.
I could go on but since this is speculation .. I think I have put enough Speculations out there for debate...
JMHO

If there is a single traffic camera in Washoe County it's news to me.

Thanks for the reply.
We don't have them on all main thoroughfares here either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by close_enough
thanks for the input....yes, it's pretty clear to me now that he wanted her body to be found.....

Why do you think he left someone else's underwear near Brianna's body?
Was that suppose to be a hint?
Could the colors or pattern on the undies be a hint?

Good thought. That rear lot is odd - it's marked off for car parking, but you can see two dock cutouts for trucks. In fact, at the front of the building there is a sign directing trucks to enter on Prototype Drive - but if there were cars parked in those spaces it would be tough for trucks to get in. I guess it would work.

To answer your question, what you propose would only work if there were no fence between the lot and the field. The pictures I took don't seem to show a fence, but the overhead photo looks to me like there are a series of fence posts there.

I suppose I'll have to drive by again. I swear I'm going to get pulled in for questioning soon.

Thank you for all that you do for us here at WS. Do not put yourself in harms way to get us answers. Being local yourself, that in itself, is more info then most of us could ever glean. Take care and be safe.
DD

I suppose I'll have to drive by again. I swear I'm going to get pulled in for questioning soon.

:eek:! Well at least a couple of us agreed to post bail for you :D.

I hope you aren't pulled over, but in case you are, and once they clear you can you pump LE for some inside info:crazy: ?

Seriously, I hope you don;t get pulled over, and thank you again for all that you are doing:). If LE has inside info that might jeopardize the case if it gets out I would hope that they don't leak it.

Lion

As I said before, my BIL was in the field working the recovery. He knows a lot more about this case, but cares enough about it getting solved that he would NEVER divulge to me anything that wasn't public knowledge. Nor would I dishonor our relationship to ask, not that he would tell me if I did.

I'd love to know what he knows, what he saw that day. For instance, he does know whether she was strangled manually or with a cord. He knows exactly how she was found. But I cannot know myself, and that's how it has to be if the subhuman scum that committed these crimes is to be brought to ground.

Mind you, I'm not worried about being questioned, as I had nothing to do with it. I was in another country with my family when she was abducted, I don't match the description or the sketch, and one look below the belt would be instant disqualification. So if they want to be thorough that's OK with me. I'll give them a DNA sample, I have nothing to fear.

I would expect the officers to keep known facts that if leaked could jeopardize the case to themselves. That is more what I meant in my post, but I think you probably know that;). You're a good egg, , and I respect your integrity and ethics:).

Lion

LOL! Be sure to take pictures when you do ;)

FXSTS.....will you please read my post...#72 on this thread, & see if it sounds logical to you?..i'm just wondering if it's possible it may have happened this way, or am i way off at looking at the picture....

or , or anyone that's from the area....please:)
It is very possible that the parking area on Prototype was used but I've been there twice and for some reason automatically assumed that he parked facing east and used Sandhill. When you are standing there, the layout of the land and the close proximity to where she was put seems to point to this. I don't think a car parked there in the middle of the night would have aroused much suspicion,but after you mentioned it, maybe the parking area would have been a better choice if he planned on spending any amount of time there(given that building doesn't have security patrol).

Also, I'm almost positive that there is no fence between the parking area and the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther