Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS-
where was the Dec vic coming home from when she was nabbed in the parking lot?

Why does LE think it was the perp trying to break into her apt on Jan19?

I believe she was abducted in the parking area of her apartment. I don't think they ever said where she had been. (The Nov 13th victim had been to a convenience store nearby, IIRC)

There was DNA left behind at the scene when he tried to unsuccessfully break in to that apartment.

ETA: You may be correct that it was not DNA that led them to the conclusion it was the same perp trying to break in. However, they did have to find something to connect it...or else they are only going on pure speculation.

How do we find out where she was coming home from - 2am is late- working on a theory....
ok so confirmed the perp was trying to break into her pad- I could not find that his dna linked him to the scene or if was just something I was assuming-
Read thru your old threads on this btw- remind me never to disagree with you ((( LOL)))
Let me know if you want me to tell you where we are so far..

Where are we so far? Of course, please tell me! This case is in a stall as far as I am concerned. They are no closer to finding the perp than they were weeks ago, imo.

I will try to find out the DNA link mention to make certain I am correct on this point. :) I have been overloading my brain lately with data on other cases so I have to depend on those links for verification.

Where are we so far? Of course, please tell me! This case is in a stall as far as I am concerned. They are no closer to finding the perp than they were weeks ago, imo.

I will try to find out the DNA link mention to make certain I am correct on this point. :) I have been overloading my brain lately with data on other cases so I have to depend on those links for verification.
I haven't heard anything new either. :(

k, quickly cause this is giving me a headache-

Oct case is unrelated.
I know you don't like this, BUT.. panties with foreign dna were kept pristinely so as not to "contaminate" the other. They are from his SO and her lover, who was running around on him or other, and that triggered his spree. I see the first attack as "necessary", his acting out, thus the time of day and day of the week. It scared him, thus the shift to late night.
Again I think this guy can mingle with the younger crowd. I actually think he picks the vics by either working in the bar/late night industry and simply listens to their conversations to know where they live, OR he checks their driver's lic for their address. Dec vic, attempted break in, Bri murder, all occurred on weekend late night. Point being, I don't think Bri was the intended vic, I think it was whoever else's dna are on those panties, and I think they suspect it themselves. I do not think this perp would switch from "in the car" mode to breakin in mode without a reason. He may have known someone (perhaps a male roomate) that lived there.

Has there been confirmation that the Dec vic is NOT the owner of the pp panties? Does everyone get the PP reference? I think he bought them for the girl specifically to use after- She was running around on him because he could not preform. I think the timing of the Dec vic leaving and the attempted break in is significant.

So far- that's it

k, quickly cause this is giving me a headache-

Oct case is unrelated.
I know you don't like this, BUT.. panties with foreign dna were kept pristinely so as not to "contaminate" the other. It isn't that I don't like that...but it is still possible there was no cross-contamination because the DNA was dry and did not transfer. I don't doubt they possibly were kept "pristinely" say in a small plastic bag before he left them on/with Brianna.

They are from his SO and her lover, who was running around on him or other, and that triggered his spree. Interesting theory, but the SO or the lover would surely have recognized them and come forward by now with suspicions and to provide their own DNA.

I see the first attack as "necessary", his acting out, thus the time of day and day of the week. It scared him, thus the shift to late night. Is the time between the attacks so he can see what is going to happen with LE? He waits until it comes out to see how much evidence they have on him? I think he worked on perfecting his mode of attack and you could be right.

Again I think this guy can mingle with the younger crowd. I actually think he picks the vics by either working in the bar/late night industry and simply listens to their conversations to know where they live, OR he checks their driver's lic for their address. Dec vic, attempted break in, Bri murder, all occurred on weekend late night. While possible for him to only select the women within such a close proximity of one another by conversations or by looking at their DL, he would have to be very lucky, extremely diligent, or psychic. This is why I think he selects victims who are in the wrong place at the wrong time to cross his path. He chooses the area and the victims who fit his preferred profile are ripe in this area. If she did not meet his criteria, he would not attack, but his kind were many among college students living in the vicinity.

Point being, I don't think Bri was the intended vic, I think it was whoever else's dna are on those panties, and I think they suspect it themselves. I do not think this perp would switch from "in the car" mode to breakin in mode without a reason. He may have known someone (perhaps a male roomate) that lived there. I think it is possible since we know the DNA does match a female in that house. They have not said if it was the one "visiting" KT, KT, or another female who may stay with the either of the male roomates. The questions remain when did he acquire the underwear, who owns them, what DNA of Bri's, the perp's, and the unknown owner is on them (Blood, semen, etc.), and where were they found at the crime scene?

Has there been confirmation that the Dec vic is NOT the owner of the pp panties? Yes, but they mentioned that "one" of the victim's underwear was taken. It has to be either Bri's or the Dec. vic's. The PP thong was said to be from a definite unknown female with unknown male DNA present.

Does everyone get the PP reference? I think he bought them for the girl specifically to use after- She was running around on him because he could not preform. I see where you are going, but why haven't either one come forward to give their DNA for comparison? I can see her being terrified, but the lover should be more than willing and he would definitely recognize the thong, imo.

I think the timing of the Dec vic leaving and the attempted break in is significant. On the AMW site, it states again the victim was home at the time of the break-in. The way it reads suggests it is the Dec. vic...but we do know they had to interview her at a distance after she left...so did she leave immediately after the incident of the break in?
So far- that's it
OK...now what?! LOL

Haven't been around much due to computer problems. Just catching up on any updated news.

I wonder if LE has checked parking tickets issued during time frame of these attacks. Especially the first 2 attacks since there was no vehicle involved. That could mean 1) he parked elsewhere and walked or 2) he walked from his place of residence which means he lives close by.

I wonder if this perp uses the grounds of UNR to exercise ie) jog or play sports. He obviously knows the grounds well. He might take evening classes at the university.

The other thing I was curious about was the Trojan condoms. Can they be traced to the store that they were bought from? I know that in a college/university city that might be like finding a needle in a haystack. For example lets say the condoms were sold at a small mom/pop shop instead of a large store. The smaller stores would remember their customers better than the larger stores.

One last thing, how did the perp know where the 3rd victim live?

I hope and pray that it's just a matter of time before they catch him. Who knows they may have someone that they are watching. For all we know someone may have come forward with info about someone they know acting strange or fitting the description, etc.

Glad to be back to Websleuths.

Haven't been around much due to computer problems. Just catching up on any updated news.

I wonder if LE has checked parking tickets issued during time frame of these attacks. Especially the first 2 attacks since there was no vehicle involved. That could mean 1) he parked elsewhere and walked or 2) he walked from his place of residence which means he lives close by. We don't know what LE has or hasn't done. There was no vehicle in the first attack. (The Oct. incident in the garage cannot be connected to this person.)

I wonder if this perp uses the grounds of UNR to exercise ie) jog or play sports. He obviously knows the grounds well. He might take evening classes at the university. Could very well be. He was wearing "athletic" type clothing according to the vic. He could be an older student.

The other thing I was curious about was the Trojan condoms. Can they be traced to the store that they were bought from? They have the lot numbers which would tell them when and the area, but not certain about a particular store where they were sold. We questioned this early on.

I know that in a college/university city that might be like finding a needle in a haystack. For example lets say the condoms were sold at a small mom/pop shop instead of a large store. The smaller stores would remember their customers better than the larger stores. True, but he could have gotten them either around the corner or on the other side of town. A lot of men buy condoms in a college town (or they should!)

One last thing, how did the perp know where the 3rd victim live? Brianna was the 3rd victim and she was in the home (not her house tho). The 2nd victim was right outside her apartment building when he abducted her.

Glad to be back to Websleuths.
Glad to have you back and sorry about your computer troubles!! :blowkiss:

Thanks SS. By the way I want to thank you for welcoming me to Websleuths.

From everything I have read about this case I find it unlikely that this predator finds his victims through an elaborate a means such as ID checking or overheard conversations. Although this theory certainly is not impossible and cannot be discounted I believe that a more likely theory can be developed based on statistical analysis from previous cases and other serial predators. In my mind this offender is of average intelligence, he is more lucky than clever and in many ways represents the prototype of a budding or developing serial predator. In cases like this the offender acts under what is referred to as the least effort principle. This is extremely important to investigators when determining the crime journey that an offender follows. If you forgive the crude expression, just like a person going shopping the offender will look to the most convenient location available. This becomes a significant foundation to continue investigation from because most people construct their mental maps, and mental journey’s in a similar fashion. This consistency of human thought process gives us the ability to apply statistical analysis and make assumptions which can further stimulate discussion, and more importantly information which will hopefully in some way trickle down through readers and perhaps generate more leads for law enforcement. Now, back to the analysis. Unfortunately my knowledge of Reno is limited; I only have a limited knowledge of the surrounding area so some of my assumptions may be faulty. However, I know that in order to better understand this predator we must understand why he offends where he offends. Using my knowledge of Reno I have been trying to determine the paths, edges, districts, nodes, landmarks, and barriers which exist in this offenders mind. Quantifying this data will hopefully better explain why the College, Mackay Ct., and N Virgina St. neighborhood is the geographic region which satisfies the least effort principle for this offender. Once I have done some more research on this I will hopefully have something interesting to present.

Also, I had happened across an interesting regression equation sometimes used in determining the activity spaces of serial offenders. This is of course not set in stone, and is just for discussion:

By calculating the maximum distance between crime sites and inserting this figure in the regression formula with a gradient of 0.84 (0.81,0.79,0.77 will also be used since these gradients appear in other studies as well) you can see that the maximum distance from residence (could also be work or any activity space but residence is the most common, especially in violent crimes) is 588m or averaged across different gradients 553.61m. There are of course severe limitations to this regression, it just serves to reinforce what is already known: that most serial offences take place within a mile of the home, and crime trips for offenders follow a distance decay function.

Undoubtedly your obviously skilled interpretation of data will be helpful to this case, and look forward to your contribution, welcome to WS.

That being said, I feel that one of your statments was the most significant ".. is more lucky than clever in many ways.." I do agree with that entirely, but I think some of the intensely personal or signature type actions by this perp in these cases signify a higher level of intelligence and knowledge, and overall "predatorship" than you allow him at this point.

Blink, that thread is specifically for profiles as our members develop them. It gives us a place to keep them together for easy review. Think of the forum as file folders we can spread out for different subject matter, but specific to the main topic. It makes it easier to go back for researching something we may have missed. A lot of us like to see how close we came early on after a perp is caught. On this thread, we are free to discuss anything pertaining to the case. :)

Now You Tell Meeee!!!

ETA: nothing like spending hours going over stuff readily available in capsule form- like my prof always said- The process is more important than the info!!
Ugh, now I know and you all get a good crack up on a Friday

Welcome, COF! I have been reading your posts already and glad you have joined us! You seem like a very intellectual and experienced person when it comes to solving crimes. While I may not be able to keep up with your stats and methodical way of calculating this crime or the next, I am fascinated with how you are attacking this from such an angle. You are a welcome addition to Websleuths. I warn you tho...I think so far outside of the box sometimes that left field is only a blur. :)

Now You Tell Meeee!!!
((((((Blink)))))) Another new word: newbieness. Not as good as Gaszinta, but still...

By the way, anyone is free to make a thread in this forum as long as it pertains to Brianna's case. It is better when we have a topic which could run into several pages or needs further explanation/discussion to have another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname