Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is interesting that Commander Struffert used the word AND: She encouraged victims of unreported burglaries and who have missed underwear after using a laundromat to call police.

Did she mispeak and mean to say OR? Or do they believe he is stealing them at a laundromat then going into their homes to burglarize them? I guess I don't get it.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/NEWS01/803070517/0/NEWS18 (Bolded by me)

Thank you, Softsoul.

Now here is an interesting statement:

found intertwined with Denison's body

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/NEWS01/803070517/0/NEWS18

Before, they mentioned they were intertwined together...but not WITH her body. They had previously stated they were found "near" her body.

I read this a few times, I think the intertwining reference was just relative to the panties, not intertwined on the body so to speak, I think it was just worded badly

I think it is interesting that Commander Struffert used the word AND: She encouraged victims of unreported burglaries and who have missed underwear after using a laundromat to call police.

Did she mispeak and mean to say OR? Or do they believe he is stealing them at a laundromat then going into their homes to burglarize them? I guess I don't get it.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/NEWS01/803070517/0/NEWS18 (Bolded by me)

I took that to mean that she wanted both types of "how your underwear might go missing" Another thought- maybe the underwear belongs to someone that did not report a rape- supposedly that happens alot?
LE should post that pic of underwear in every local U, kid hangout, etc..
Was there a tag on them- who makes them, what store do they come from?? I've seen them match plastic garbage for the love of pete

It is always interesting how one word can change the entire meaning of a sentence.

Yes, I guess you are right, Blink. I don't think they will find anyone missing underwear from a laundromat or a break-in, imo. Since the perp took the underwear of one of the vic's...I think this is how he gets them and to steal them would not hold the same interest for him. I still think they are trophies as opposed to collecting them for a fetish.

It is always interesting how one word can change the entire meaning of a sentence.

Yes, I guess you are right, Blink. I don't think they will find anyone missing underwear from a laundromat or a break-in, imo. Since the perp took the underwear of one of the vic's...I think this is how he gets them and to steal them would not hold the same interest for him. I still think they are trophies as opposed to collecting them for a fetish.

That's why the forum works-interpretation from all sides :blowkiss:
I agree completely, the underwear is not random, as is nothing where this perp is involved.

They did have a tag on the PP thong, but I guess it didn't help LE in tracing where they could have been purchased.

Rapes do go unreported as the one in the October case in the garage. I don't think it would be a bad idea to put those on posters where kids congregate actually. For starters, it would definitely draw the attention! It isn't everyday you see a poster showing a PP thong! It also may jog another person's memory (a friend, another lover, or a parent who does their daughter's laundry, etc.).

A poster on the second article made a good point. Why doesn't LE get interior shots of various trucks which are similar to the description and show them to the victim? They could also do the same thing with stereos.

Wouldn't the color of the carpet, seats, and material of the seats give some sort of clue to the color of the vehicle? I've wondered before if any fiber samples were saved from the rape victim's clothing.

Thanks for the updates. I just hope that an arrest is coming soon. The university year will be ending soon and I wonder if he is getting ready for another attack. He's been so quite that it scares me.

I don't think he has left the area, especially if he has a SO. Has there ever been a description of the child's shoe(s) in the truck? The reason I ask is, the size of the shoe may give a hint as to the age of his child. Just another thing for LE to look at when they are going door to door. That's if the truck is his.

There is something bothering me about the child's shoe and the pick-up truck. I'm not sure what it is. I don't think of a pick-up truck as a family vehicle, but that doesn't mean it can't be. Which makes me think that he does have a SO who drives the other vehicle. For all we know he could have gotten rid of the truck, but I think that might bring to much attention to him. I wonder if LE has checked recently sold trucks/etc.

I also believe that his SO sees changes in him, but is too afraid to come forward.

IIRC, the shoe was mentioned to be a toddler's shoe. I will have to go back and research that one tho.

Yes. With the school year winding down...it means his choices will be narrowed considerably. If he attacks soon because of this pressure, he may make a mistake which would lead to his capture. We can only hope the next one gets away before any harm comes to her and she can do some serious damage to him in the process.

Wouldn't the color of the carpet, seats, and material of the seats give some sort of clue to the color of the vehicle? I've wondered before if any fiber samples were saved from the rape victim's clothing.
Not really, imo. There could be the same interior color for several exterior colors.

In this interview with CBS the lead detective describes the shoe as "one you would see someone get at a baby shower for a newborn."

Nevada Kidnapper Leaves Clues

They should have posted a pic of a duplicate- people, oddly enough, will remember something like that in someone else's car. Or they might know where is was purchased, imo..

The shoe size might have been an important clue to someone. If Websleuths didn't know about the newborn size shoe how does LE expect the public to find the info.

if it was for a nb, it might not have a size persay, it might be more like a bootie

A newborn's shoe would be a fair bit smaller than a toddler's shoe. I wonder how much the victim remembers about the shoe since no info has come forward about it. Was it colored or patterned? Could indicate sex of child. As Blink said it might jog someone's memory if they were in the perp's vehicle.

It's these facts when all added up together that might jog someone's memory.

I just think there was some discrepancy over the baby shoe. I could almost swear I recall LE or someone saying it was toddler sized. (It may have been the man from AMW when he was on Greta or Nancy tho.) When I find time, I will track it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther