Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

thanks very much.
.....i know it was a sunday, but what if he woke up early that morning and had to go to work......and did it on his way to work? maybe he has a job that gets him up that early, and because he knows theres not a ton of traffic around there when he goes to work he saw it as a fine spot. i'm not totally convinced that he would take virginia st all the way there considering its 1 of the main streets in reno, and tons of traffic lights. but it is a straight shot. and perhaps he lives in the north valleys which would even make that more of a straight shot...if he drives that way to work daily, then he would know the unr area.
its so hard to try and think like him, isnt it?!

yes i guess the freeway....if he was in a hurry. or knew exactly where he was going. i took a drive to the place he left her yesterday since it had been a while since i had done that. it was around 8pm on a monday and i was really surprised at how little traffic there was around there. of course virginia st always has a few cars, and people exiting off of the freeway there. but it gets pretty slow...and dark in those parts which i guess is because it seems to have alot of wherehouses, alot of businesses and when they close for the day, not alot of action. it was strange to see the field and how much the vegetation has grown since they found her. it even looks a little green...you cant even see that area that was just dirt. i also drove by the house by unr. i wanted to see the alley behind the house. seems like that would've been the easiest way to pull the whole thing off...park by the backdoor, enter and exit thru backdoor, and take off down the alley. but i was surprised to find that it isnt even an alley that runs behind the house, its pretty much a deep driveway. i'm guessing that it belongs to the mackay house, even though it has a driveway in the front. guess i need to get a better look at it. i think i didnt focus as much because i noticed that the side sliding glassdoor was open. and even though i read that those girs moved from there, it still caught my eye. does anyone know if the 2 male roommates are still living there...or did they move as well?

Welcome yoohoo. I read on another site that the MacKay house was up for rent earlier this summer. It probably isn't unusual for the rentals around campus to be vacate this time of year with students going home for the summer.

In regard to where the killer left Bri's body, I agree that he is familar with that area. They say most killers leave the bodies in areas they are comfortable in. If Bri was his first murder victim and/or the crime was unplanned then this is even more likely.

This case is getting colder by the minute. Very disappointing.

thanks softsoul.
.....hmmmmmmmmmm....i never thought about the houses clearing for the summer. i know the campus slows down quite a bit, but i didnt consider that alot of the students go home for the summer. that would mean they would have to look for a new place to rent every time they return for school. i guess some do that but personally i really hate the whole moving process. it makes sense though. that makes me wonder if thats why we have not seen our guy since.........takes me back to wondering if he actually could be a student.
either that....or, he just might be really scared right about now =) and he should be. he might not be that tough after all........

yoohoo, you really don't have to be that tough to attack 98 lb. women in their sleep. IMO he is a coward who sneaks up on petite, unsuspecting women. Not much of a "man" by any standard.

newshound, the wording of that is odd. However, the only thing they seem to know for sure is that Bri was killed and the murder was "sexually motivated." I think everyone assumes she was taken against her will but I don't believe there is any concrete evidence to prove that, i.e. no witnesses and no definate signs of a struggle. It is within the realm of possibilities that she left by her own free will but very, very, very unlikely IMO.

I also wonder if the timing of the article is of significance. Maybe they have reason to believe he may attack again soon? Maybe they are trying to keep this in the front of everyone's mind? People do tend to let down their guard as time goes on so it is a good idea to keep reminding them to be aware.

This appears to be an updated story of newshound's link...http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...727020&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com/breakingnews

Has some interesting statements which I'll highlight here-

"We know he was stalking and targeting his victims, who were opportunities, but not at random," he said.

"Reno police now say Brianna Denison’s killer walked through an unlocked back door on Jan. 20 when he found her sleeping on her friend’s couch in a rental home on MacKay Court. They believe he was lurking around neighborhoods in the university area in the early morning hours, looking for a victim and fantasizing about an attack.
Investigators believe Denison was dead when her killer removed her from the house. He later left her in a field with two pairs of women’s underwear.
"

So had he been watching his victims prior to the attacks? I don't know how else to interpret "stalking", unless they mean stalking an area for a victim...but wouldn't that still make them random if they meant not stalking the victims themselves? I'm confused.:waitasec:

This appears to be an updated story of newshound's link...http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080727/NEWS18/80727020&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

Has some interesting statements which I'll highlight here-

"We know he was stalking and targeting his victims, who were opportunities, but not at random," he said.

"Reno police now say Brianna Denison’s killer walked through an unlocked back door on Jan. 20 when he found her sleeping on her friend’s couch in a rental home on MacKay Court. They believe he was lurking around neighborhoods in the university area in the early morning hours, looking for a victim and fantasizing about an attack.
Investigators believe Denison was dead when her killer removed her from the house. He later left her in a field with two pairs of women’s underwear."

So had he been watching his victims prior to the attacks? I don't know how else to interpret "stalking", unless they mean stalking an area for a victim...but wouldn't that still make them random if they meant not stalking the victims themselves? I'm confused.:waitasec:
That is strange, softsoul. What's more, if he entered through the back, what was his visibility of Bri? I know it's been said countless times she was clearly visible from the front of the home and even the street. But did he have a clearcut view of her from the back? Was he maybe just lurking in the driveway leading up to the back of the house and decided to try the door?

I'm glad they have this back in the media again. Hopefully, it will spark someone's memory or prompt someone who may know the perp to come forward.

That is strange, softsoul. What's more, if he entered through the back, what was his visibility of Bri? I know it's been said countless times she was clearly visible from the front of the home and even the street. But did he have a clearcut view of her from the back? Was he maybe just lurking in the driveway leading up to the back of the house and decided to try the door?

I'm glad they have this back in the media again. Hopefully, it will spark someone's memory or prompt someone who may know the perp to come forward.

He could have seen her through the front, or side, of the house and decided to enter through the back door. IIRC the back door faces a driveway and he would be less likely to been seen by someone driving or walking down the street. It is really hard to tell how long he was watching Bri and her friends that night. From what I've seen of the house he likely had his choice of viewpoints, unfortunately.

He could have seen her through the front, or side, of the house and decided to enter through the back door. IIRC the back door faces a driveway and he would be less likely to been seen by someone driving or walking down the street. It is really hard to tell how long he was watching Bri and her friends that night. From what I've seen of the house he likely had his choice of viewpoints, unfortunately.
I guess that explains why Bri's blanket was found in the kitchen.

Did they find blood or body fluids on the couch or blanket to indicate she was dead when removed from the house? I'm just wondering how they know she was already dead when he removed her from the house. :(

Did they find blood or body fluids on the couch or blanket to indicate she was dead when removed from the house? I'm just wondering how they know she was already dead when he removed her from the house. :(

They did find what I believe was about a dime or nickel size of blood on her pillow.

Sorry to say it, but maybe there was indication of post-mortem sexual assault and that's how they determined it.

There may have been something in the autopsy report that indicated death was immediate. Although the blood on Bri's pillow was initially reported to be a "spot", in the Dateline episode KT described it as "splatter" or "spray", I don't remember the exact word she used.

There may have been something in the autopsy report that indicated death was immediate. Although the blood on Bri's pillow was initially reported to be a "spot", in the Dateline episode KT described it as "splatter" or "spray", I don't remember the exact word she used.
I posed this back before the police actually realized they believe she died at the house (I know her family was saying that from the getgo): if there was a sexual assault after she was taken from the house, there has to be an additional crime scene. I have wondered whether this was the perp's car or his house. I doubt it was outside or at that field because of the cold and the chance of being seen.

Whether or not the perp is still here, maybe some of his evidence is. If LE could find the additional crime scene, it would provide more clues. Even if Bri was simply transported in the car, there'd be evidence. I hope they've checked cars matching the type described by the second victim that have been sold since Janaury.

Of course, if there were no defense wounds like she was trying to fight against being raped, it would lead me to believe she was already dead also.

So many things about this case make me wonder how the newpapers are delivered in that area. Here, it happens about 2-4 am and I when I have seen the news guys, they look like people who don't qualify for other jobs. I keep coming back to the thought that who else would be comfortable and almost invisible roaming around the streets in the early hours: the newspaper delivery people. I know the guy they are said to be looking (as per one victim) for had some print outs on the floor, were they mapquest or new customers? How easy it would be to see young women coming in late at night or early in the morning and then come back and grab one in the night?
Also, it would not seem odd that a guy who delivers papers is out all hours of the night, they have to pick up the papers and then fold and deliver them. To a family member, a guy not being home during the abductions and murders would not seem noticeable or remarkable.

Since LE said they believed Bri died in the house in the latest RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS/807280306&theme=), I am thinking her death really was an accident. Maybe this guy got so scared by that that he's taking time off.

Does anyone know of any other cases like this where an accidental death occured during an attempted abduction or rape? I know of cases where the rapists only committed one murder--the Fairmount Park rapist here in Philly, for one. I am wondering what the criminal progression would be for someone who "accidentally" killed--would they keep killing or go back to lesser crimes?

i have a hard time trying to narrow down "who" this guy could be....or what circumstances would put him in that area on that day, and/or that time of day.....or any day for that matter. the paperboy idea seems logical....but you also have to keep in mind that reno is a 24-hour town. of course there are areas that slow down as it gets later, probably most residential areas and parts/most of the industrial areas(by the airport etc). but downtown reno never stops, and there are always people down there. all night long...every night. and especially on the weekends. and since unr is right there, only a few blocks away, that creates a pretty big group of people/types of people that could or would be in that area, on that day, at that time. i guess it could be either he lives, works or goes to school in the unr area...or the area could be nowhere near his home and because hes a predator, he knows where to find his prey.
the paperboy idea is interesting. that would get him up early. that would put him in a residential area. he would be aware of the activity in the neighborhood. and its almost mandatory to have a truck for that. and it wouldnt be strange for him to be gone around that time every morning.
BUT...it would be very hard to do it by yourself--driving and throwing all from the cab of your truck...and having all those papers in the cab as well so you can reach. when i was younger, my best friends brother had a paper route. and i'm not sure how big a normal delivery area is, or if they are all different, or if you can more than 1 area. i just remember him having sooo many papers, and the ordeal of having to roll them and band them, and load them. then the dad would drive while her bro threw them from the back of the truck. and extra bands everywhere, and him being dirty from the ink on the papers. i'm just not sure if you can do that, and remain clean. maybe i just dont know.
another person that could be comfortable roaming the area and be invisable could be some sort of security, mabe for unr. you know....he walks the property, or drives it, checking stuff out. and you'd never think to question what he was doing, or why because hes there to keep it safe =(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back