Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you, Cheko1. So sad, and so many victims...for what? Some sickos' fantasies. I still can't wrap my brain around the fact (allegedly!) that her own family did this to her...actually - to both of the girls! It is beyond tragic, and I feel sorry for everyone touched by this horrible murder (and everything that led up to it!). RIP, Brooke...:angel:

I anxiously await to see how many more victims there are. Or will we ever know?

It sounds like MJ had AR find willing victims for him. Then he could / would always blame her for it. Or threaten her if she never brought him victims he'd tell her mom, what she was doing. MJ was / is pure evil.

I understand how everyone feels about these women and their choices but it almost seems to me that people have the attitude that Jacques was a RSO so therefore it was expected that he would commit these crimes. (I agree) So it is accepted. Some people sound as if they hate the mothers more than they do the offenders. (Not any one person just what I have gotten from this thread as a collective whole.) While I believe these Mothers made terrible choices, I lay the blame at Jacques feet, he's evil. He made his choices and he committed the crime. So while some have stated that they won't give the mothers a pass, I will not give Jacques, Gagnon or the prison system a pass. I'm sorry I know my opinion is not popular.

No one gets a pass ... the collective gets to all shoulder some of the blame and take responsibility for the horrible things that have happened to children. None of them -mothers, gmothers,RG, MJ the state, no one gets a pass. Especially the state for letting MJ out... there is no rehab for a SO. doesn't work they will reoffend ...

I understand how everyone feels about these women and their choices but it almost seems to me that people have the attitude that Jacques was a RSO so therefore it was expected that he would commit these crimes. (I agree) So it is accepted. Some people sound as if they hate the mothers more than they do the offenders. (Not any one person just what I have gotten from this thread as a collective whole.) While I believe these Mothers made terrible choices, I lay the blame at Jacques feet, he's evil. He made his choices and he committed the crime. So while some have stated that they won't give the mothers a pass, I will not give Jacques, Gagnon or the prison system a pass. I'm sorry I know my opinion is not popular.

No worries - you don't have to be popular here.....but are you a mother??? There are certain responsibilties that come with being a resposible parent. Definitley include NOT letting your daughter associate with a CONVICTED SO. Sorry, but I would not have trusted ANY man with my babies - ever.

I just think we have to remember who the real perps are here..who committed these atrocious crimes...MJ, RG and anyone else who was part of their group.

Were the mothers enablers because they were so stupid they couldn't see the writing on the wall? Yes they were..but they were picked because they had young children and were that stupid. Did the mothers know that was the end purpose of their marriage.. no, I truly don't think so. I don't think they ever thought about pimping out their daughters or having any person sexually abuse them.

Bashing the mothers does not do any good other then giving an example saying don't be this dumb to the signs around you. This is where education of what to look for, signs your child is being abused, not marrying a SO, not ever allowing SO's around children comes into play. That's an educational point. Unfortunately that is left to us as individuals to educate ourselves about. Everyone here knows what to stay away from, what to look for, and how to be functional in this area..but alot of parents don't. The State said MJ was fine, a success story..why shouldn't have his family believed that? Well..I think from the emails Denise didn't believe that any longer and was not only taking AR to counseling, but preparing her and herself to leave. Too little too late ..but we aren't privy to all the emails and all the details.

I would like to take the focus off the women..because at this point..stupid or not..they are all vics..all their lives are shattered..and they did not committ this crime.

But finding out who is in this ring of pedos, who was privy to these tapes or pics, who knew what really was going down..now there are the people that need to be in jail or DP. That's a whole other ball game in my eyes.

Oh my - I sooooo hope AR can be "fixed." She was mercilessly manipulated and controlled. It seems she was clearly involved in this murder - but I don't believe she was aware of everything that was happening. I hope she will be ok. IMO - she is every bit as much a victim as Brooke.

MJ & RG used AR so badly. She'll sure need lots of therapy to live a normal life. Tough road for her in a small town.

No the women never commited the crime but they sure looked the other way.......

Allowing a RSO in your home when you have children IMHO should be a crime!
I've read posts on the board referring to the underlying complicity of these women who allow these men into their lives. I also undertood how these men search out these kind of women in order to perpetrate these crimes against children. But, I really couldn't wrap my brain around it nor did I realize just how common this is. I spoke with a friend today who worked in the sex crimes unit in a neighboring county years ago. She told me point blank...SOs cannot be rehabiltitated...the majority will even admit to that. Another thing she told me, women from all walks of life are willing to take back these guys even after the fact. I can't convey the mind-blowing information she gave me...but one thing I do know...that whole family of women up there in Vermont need some serious help.

I have just spent the last week reading everything I found on the site. I have read every posting and every thread. I have done a lot of thinking about this case and this poor child. There are a lot of things that are evident about what has happened and I'm sure the whole nasty story will come out in detail soon or at least during a trial. There are no words that I can find to express the disgust I feel for the happenings that brought the end to a young, blameless life.

One of the things that stands out strongly to me is the complete lack of care and supervision that has been shown by almost every adult in this sick family. I do not understand anyones expressed feelings for the perp and his friends. I do not understand how AR could have been left to the mercies of these pigs and not have anyone else notice. Mommy says she keeps close watch on her children. And yet allows the association of her precious child with a known sexual offender. I'm sure she allowed all of her children to be with this "Uncle".

Of course the ultimate responsibility belongs to the one who killed her. There is however, others who did nothing and by that lack of action allowed this to happen. These people must have the IQ of turnips to not see what was going on right in their own homes and families. It is hard for me to accept that the association of these perverts with their children was "no big deal".

This is another reason that these people need to be locked up forever. If parents, who are informed of the crimes of those around their kids, allow the association, then the state must make sure it can't happen. There is no cure for this and so for our children's safty they must be removed from society.

I want you all to know how much I have appreciated all of the work you have put into finding out the facts. I am very sorry that the news people haven't been on top of this story. America needs to wake up to the danger that these people represent to our children and thus to our society. Those that are not caught and put away will hurt untold number of children who grow up and hurt others possibly. The work that has been done on this sad story, on this site, is important for the future of our children. Let's hope that the deaths of our precious children, such as Jessica and Brooke will save other children from their fate.

I will be back tomorrow to check into any developments and to help all of you find out the facts. I need to digest and get over being so mad as much as I can so I can think clearly. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all of you and your hard work.

as in ........"hmmmmm he might be molesting her but I'm sure he won't kill her?....

ALL the women in this family have a very low IQ. I don't attribute ANY redeeming qualities to any of them, not to the grandmothers either. They had no compassion, no feelings, no concern, and no love for Brooke. When you love you do NOT allow this type of "activity" (child *advertiser censored*) in your house, whether that is on a computer, or anywhere else.

I have something going on in my own family right now where my Hinkey-Meter is going off and I'm about to do something that will cause a big explosion. Hopefully I will still be welcome to see my grandchildren after I say what I say, but I sure won't keep my mouth shut and tolerate something like this just to keep the family together. I have a 5-year old grandson who tearfully told me that his step-uncle (16 years old) squeezed his private parts, and my daughter and son in law assure me that he is lying, because he keeps saying his 3-year old sister does it too when he is angry at her. I think he is NOT lying, his step uncle gives me the creeps too and this step uncle's father isn't kosher either. I'm not going to hijack this thread, but wanted you to know that I'm seething ......

Sorry to sound harsh, but there is no other way to feel about Brooke's entire family; at least not for me. :furious:

Not harsh at all..not only am I a mother ..but also a grandmother to a little grand-daughter 2 1/2 and a new born grandson. My husband and I constantly tell our children what to look for and what to avoid in predators..especially with my grandchildren.

If I thought for 1 minute what you are thinking about this step uncle ..I would definitely voice it loud and clear. Then I would make sure I was there everytime he was there..that alone should raise their hinky meters to do something. If the three year old sister does it also to your grandson..then she only does it because it has been done to her, or she has witnessed it done to him. Only an older child would know this hurts..not a three or five year old..unless it had been done to them...therefore the uncle is my bet too.

God be with you that they will listen and this will end happily for your family with the 16 year old uncle getting the counseling he surely needs.

Oh...and as there is no cure for these SOs...I have no problem having them eliminated from my universe.
I've never supported the death penalty...till now.

I just think we have to remember who the real perps are here..who committed these atrocious crimes...MJ, RG and anyone else who was part of their group.

Were the mothers enablers because they were so stupid they couldn't see the writing on the wall? Yes they were..but they were picked because they had young children and were that stupid. Did the mothers know that was the end purpose of their marriage.. no, I truly don't think so. I don't think they ever thought about pimping out their daughters or having any person sexually abuse them.

Bashing the mothers does not do any good other then giving an example saying don't be this dumb to the signs around you. This is where education of what to look for, signs your child is being abused, not marrying a SO, not ever allowing SO's around children comes into play. That's an educational point. Unfortunately that is left to us as individuals to educate ourselves about. Everyone here knows what to stay away from, what to look for, and how to be functional in this area..but alot of parents don't. The State said MJ was fine, a success story..why shouldn't have his family believed that? Well..I think from the emails Denise didn't believe that any longer and was not only taking AR to counseling, but preparing her and herself to leave. Too little too late ..but we aren't privy to all the emails and all the details.

I would like to take the focus off the women..because at this point..stupid or not..they are all vics..all their lives are shattered..and they did not committ this crime.

But finding out who is in this ring of pedos, who was privy to these tapes or pics, who knew what really was going down..now there are the people that need to be in jail or DP. That's a whole other ball game in my eyes.

I'm sorry DD - I do not agree. Good Mommy's should (and do!) have a heightend sense of awareness with regard to their children. I don't want to villian-nize the Moms here, but I am sorry - they are complicit. The pedos definitely were maniplulative. But these ' prey on vulnerable women and that's exactly what they were.

MCDRAW, Of course Jacques is evil and so is Gagnon. They are in custody, and their trial will be coming. I was not even refering to Jacques OR Gagnon in my post. I simply do not understand your statement that 'some people sound as if they hate the mothers more than they do the offenders'. I do not think anyone on here has EVER expressed that or even implied that.
We are all entitled to our opinions. And yes, I do loathe the mothers. They did not kill Brooke, but , IMO, had they acted responsibly to begin with, maybe Brooke would not be dead. That is what I am saying.

We will respectfully disagree. :)

Sometimes I think MJ must be thrilled the women are taking such a beating for what has happened. That couldn't work out better for him, and his case.

So sorry, Mohabi. And I can see where you are coming from!

I do not want the focus to be taken off of these women, DD, because their actions/inactions have cost too much. They were enablers. Period.

MCDRAW, Of course Jacques is evil and so is Gagnon. They are in custody, and their trial will be coming. I was not even refering to Jacques OR Gagnon in my post. I simply do not understand your statement that 'some people sound as if they hate the mothers more than they do the offenders'. I do not think anyone on here has EVER expressed that or even implied that.
We are all entitled to our opinions. And yes, I do loathe the mothers. They did not kill Brooke, but , IMO, had they acted responsibly to begin with, maybe Brooke would not be dead. That is what I am saying.

We will respectfully disagree. :)

The "mothers" may not have been directly involved, but they knew the dangers in exposing their daughters to both of these . One daughter dead and the other possibly damged beyond repair. Two different mothers and both too stupid/lazy to protect their babies. These guys were not under the radar. WHY-WHY-WHY would Brooke be sooo excited to go and visit her ex-stepfather. WTH?

Sometimes I think MJ must be thrilled the women are taking such a beating for what has happened. That couldn't work out better for him, and his case.

there is no way it has any effect on his case, he will either be sentenced to life in prison or death depending on the juries prior held opinion of the death penalty (which i have to assume they will charge, they damn well better).

I'm sorry DD - I do not agree. Good Mommy's should (and do!) have a heightend sense of awareness with regard to their children. I don't want to villian-nize the Moms here, but I am sorry - they are complicit. The pedos definitely were maniplulative. But these ' prey on vulnerable women and that's exactly what they were.

My point exactly..thses women are dumb, stupid, complacent..but they did not committ the crime. They are good as an educational point for parents as a wake up call..but to bash them does not cure the problem.

To my mind, the problem shouldn't exist..but therefore when it does..meaning SO's, then you delete the problem by locking them up or placing them on death row (due to the nature of this crime that is my choice here).

In the perfect world the problem doesn't exist..but it does here..so parents need more education..we need much better laws..if SO's knew 1 strike and you are out, they may not so happily indulge in there crimes.

And we need probation departments and states thate realize that the true SO can and will not be rehabiliated. In this case the state said he was a perfect example of rehab..so who is to blame?

He is to blame for Broole's death..he conned the state, he conned his wife, he conned his daughter.......lets not forget who the real criminal here is...

The "mothers" may not have been directly involved, but they knew the dangers in exposing their daughters to both of these . One daughter dead and the other possibly damged beyond repair. Two different mothers and both too stupid/lazy to protect their babies. These guys were not under the radar. WHY-WHY-WHY would Brooke be sooo excited to go and visit her ex-stepfather. WTH?

I agree with you, Fairy1.

I want to know what Cassandra has to say is the reason she would even think of letting Brooke go to Texas.

In my opinion EVERYONE failed A.R. and Brooke. It is easy to sit back and put the blame on Denise and Cassandra, but they did not do this horrible crime. Could they of stopped it from happening? Maybe, but so could Brookes father, Brookes stepmother, Brookes grandma, A.Rs bio dad, Jacques family members who had dealt with issues in the past, and the list goes on and on. The people in town who knew about Jacques history why where they not screaming from the roof tops, are they responsible also?

There are alot of kids who are molested by family members and these children keep the secret hidden for years and years. Does that make their mothers bad mothers?

There is no question that family members made bad choices in this situation, and they will have to live the rest of their lives with that knowledge. I just don't feel like putting Denise or Cassandra in jail or having their other children taken from their home is the answer.

He was Brookes step father, he played an active role in her life. Did Cassandra know he had molested AR? Did Cassandra know he had child *advertiser censored* on a computer? Did Brooke say she didnt want to go to Texas or was she excited to go? We just don't know all the dynamics of the household.

I agree with you, Fairy1.

I want to know what Cassandra has to say is the reason she would even think of letting Brooke go to Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500