Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, by now, they probably have all of the details of what happened, especially if they have assured her that she will not be prosecuted for it. I can only assume that Brooke discovered something and MJ feared that he would be discovered. That's why he targeted Brooke. If this were not the case, why wouldn't he just pick a stranger?

That's quite possible but it's also possible that he didn't pick a stranger because that would have been too much trouble and risk. He had a safety factor built in with family...he wasn't punished before for his crime against family and he hadn't been found out for the five years he'd been assaulting his step daughter. Brooke was probably the object of his fantasy for a couple of years...she was right there, within his grasp. In his tiny warped twisted mind he probably thought he was going to not even be caught, that he'd really worked out a foolproof plan with his alibi and misdirection. jmo of course.

Seems though there were a few people residing with Gagnon in Cullman...

"Palacios knows every person in the quiet neighborhood, except for the people in the home where Gagnon lives.

"I have yet to meet them," Palacios said. "They didn't come introduce themselves."

Palacios said three people moved into the home less than a year ago. A short time later, Gagnon moved in too.
"Most of the time he was just coming and going with his car, in and out of the house. The only time he would be out there was with the family," explained Palacios.

News 4 tried to talk with the family who have been living in the home with Gagnon. But they didn't want to talk.

"Talk with the F.B.I.," a woman at the house told News 4's crew."

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=226f9ec4-5090-4c5b-9958-c428f3f58c6e

Well, there you have it. The article says that he was abused from age 7-10. His anger towards women was because he didn't feel that he was protected by his mother. I would almost guarantee you that his father was the one abusing him. The abused becomes the abuser. That's what I also fear about AR.

I wonder if his younger brother was sexually abused. Geez...What a family life that all of these people led.

I wonder if Gagnon's home in AL is inhabited by a bunch of pedophiles. I hope that they all are investigated.

About MJ being released early from probation: It didn't matter if he was on probation or not. His probation officer thought that he was doing great. You would have to check his computers and talk to family members. However, AR would never have said anything, IMO.

That's quite possible but it's also possible that he didn't pick a stranger because that would have been too much trouble and risk. He had a safety factor built in with family...he wasn't punished before for his crime against family and he hadn't been found out for the five years he'd been assaulting his step daughter. Brooke was probably the object of his fantasy for a couple of years...she was right there, within his grasp. In his tiny warped twisted mind he probably thought he was going to not even be caught, that he'd really worked out a foolproof plan with his alibi and misdirection. jmo of course.
It seems to me that 13 years old was too old for MJ. His own 9-year-old daughter was in his target range. To molest Brooke against her will would have to end in murder, which would then be investigated. How on earth would a guy with his record even begin to think that he would get away with it? He apparently was smart enough to have a successful career. So, I don't think that he was that stupid, which leads me back to thinking that Brooke must have seen or been told something to make her "a problem."

"Palacios knows every person in the quiet neighborhood, except for the people in the home where Gagnon lives.

"I have yet to meet them," Palacios said. "They didn't come introduce themselves."

Palacios said three people moved into the home less than a year ago. A short time later, Gagnon moved in too.
"Most of the time he was just coming and going with his car, in and out of the house. The only time he would be out there was with the family," explained Palacios.

News 4 tried to talk with the family who have been living in the home with Gagnon. But they didn't want to talk.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=226f9ec4-5090-4c5b-9958-c428f3f58c6e
Dearest Starr,:)
Thank-you for posting the article.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Palacios lives in San Antonio and is a neighbor to K. Groseheider. Grosenheider moved to San Antonio before Gagnon moved there. KG and RG didn't live together in Cullman. KG lived in Anniston Ala....only RG lived in Cullman.

IMO, the judge that let this out should be retired.

That offense would be at least the third separate sex offense that Jacques had been charged with, not including the Bennett allegations, according to court documents.

Well, there you have it. The article says that he was abused from age 7-10. His anger towards women was because he didn't feel that he was protected by his mother. I would almost guarantee you that his father was the one abusing him. The abused becomes the abuser. That's what I also fear about AR.

I wonder if his younger brother was sexually abused. Geez...What a family life that all of these people led.

I wonder if Gagnon's home in AL is inhabited by a bunch of pedophiles. I hope that they all are investigated.

About MJ being released early from probation: It didn't matter if he was on probation or not. His probation officer thought that he was doing great. You would have to check his computers and talk to family members. However, AR would never have said anything, IMO.

I found it troubling that Vermont left the decision on Jacques in the hands of a single person. I prefer boards.

The article gave me the impression that Judge Amy Davenport and Jim Kearney wanted a "success story" more than they wanted to closely examine the individual standing before them.

I found it troubling that Vermont left the decision on Jacques in the hands of a single person. I prefer boards.

The article gave me the impression that Judge Amy Davenport and Jim Kearney wanted a "success story" more than they wanted to closely examine the individual standing before them.
I think that MJ's case shows that a pedophile/child molester cannot be "cured." MJ had deep-seated issues stemming from the sexual abuse in his own childhood. He was a young boy who had no control over what his father (most probably) was doing to him. His mother did nothing to protect him. So, now you have anger, betrayal, pain and lack of control to deal with. This probably would take a lifetime of intensive counseling, checks and balances and self-control.

Let me throw out this thought. Do you think that it is possible that MJ subconsciously wanted to get caught to keep him from molesting his own daughter?

Palacios lives in San Antonio and is a neighbor to K. Groseheider.

emanon, where is the above information coming from? Or is this a mistake, do you mean Palacios lives in Cullman, Alabama. Isn't the house which houses the "family" located in Cullman, thus making Palacios a resident of Cullman? I am a little confused.

KG lived with his fiance and her 17 yr old daughter. The apartment house where he dumped the safe is less that 1 mile from his home. One news report said the FBI was searching the landfill because of a tip.....that makes me think it wasn't being searched because of KG's statement but maybe someone removed the safe after it was dumped and finding they couldn't open it, threw it away in some other dumpster.

The FBI first said a search of the dumpster failed to locate the laptop (which was supposedly in the safe). They did not immediately start searching the landfill. If there was still a goodly amount of trash in the dumpster and there was no safe, then it's probable that someone else had the safe and called in the tip after they had disposed of it somewhere else.

I have not read any of the posts beyond this one. I was just now getting caught up.

I wanted to stop at this point and state that KG TOLD the FBI that he had dumped the safe less than a mile from his home. However, he had an apartment in San Antonio 7.66 miles away from his current home in Feb., 2008.You can go to WhitePages.com and find this. The phone listed for that apartment was installed in Feb., 2008. The phone for the house was listed in May, 2008.

The FBI may also be searching the grid from where that apartment dumpster was emptied - the apt. he had in Feb. located 7.66 miles from his home. Probably a wild goose chase, tho. No way would RG give up his laptop or any pictures that easily. He would want them hidden, but not tossed into a dumpster.

I do not think for one moment that there will be anything in that safe if one is located, or if there was a safe to begin with. I firmly believe that KG is, at the very least, involved in Child *advertiser censored*, as is his sex offender relative. I also think that this sex offender relative is involved in the Child *advertiser censored* ring under another name. IMO, KG will probably be a witness for the prosecution at both MJ and RG's trial about more than an illusive safe. I also firmly believe that there was the manufacturing, swapping, and selling of Child *advertiser censored* with more people than just the key people in this case.

I had been trying to sign up here at this site for quite some time and had been reading here. I was following other cases on this board. I have to confess that I was a member of InSessions. There was quite a lot of reasearch over at InSessions that cannot be accessed at this time.

It seems to me that 13 years old was too old for MJ. His own 9-year-old daughter was in his target range. To molest Brooke against her will would have to end in murder, which would then be investigated. How on earth would a guy with his record even begin to think that he would get away with it? He apparently was smart enough to have a successful career. So, I don't think that he was that stupid, which leads me back to thinking that Brooke must have seen or been told something to make her "a problem."

Nanandjim, you can be 100% correct on this, I just have to wonder if we will ever know the truthfull why.

It has been sixteen days that I have had since Brooke's disappearance to think about all that I know. This morning my anger at AR has turned to sorrow. I thought about being 9 years old,I would be in the 4th grade. I was very naive and vulnerable. If I had found a letter under my pillow telling me that I had been chosen by the president for a special program I really don't know what I would have done. I was fortunate to have a mother and father that loved and protected us. I don't think AR had that,her mother made a very bad choose in allowing this monster in her life. He manipulated and abused her for five years for the sake of his sick sexual satisfaction.He had twisted her mind to the point of murdering her cousin to keep the president (him) safe. I don't know how she will ever be able to come to understand that what she had become a part was not real.Will she ever trust anyone in her life again. My heart aches for her.

I agree:
Apparently everyone thought he was doing fine. I'm not blaming the probation officer, Denise and his brother vouched for him. The PO would have found nothing to concern him. MJ covered his tracks.
Even James Bennett said he was fine at family gatherings.
No one suspected a thing. Except, Denise, who didn't want to know.
IMO

emanon, where is the above information coming from? Or is this a mistake, do you mean Palacios lives in Cullman, Alabama. Isn't the house which houses the "family" located in Cullman, thus making Palacios a resident of Cullman? I am a little confused.

I was answering a post by Starr58...

"Originally Posted by Starr58
"

The article she linked was of an interview of a San Antonio neighbor or KG's, not a Cullman neighbor. I was just trying to clarify that the interview is with a San Antonio neighbor. Sorry for any confusion.

I do not think for one moment that there will be anything in that safe if one is located, or if there was a safe to begin with.
It's also possible that someone went to throw their trash in the dumpster, saw a safe and laptop, and thought, Score!

Bet the FBI has knocked on every door in that complex by now.

James Bennett said there had been some tension a month ago regarding Brooke's MySpace page. He actually helped her set up the page originally, but then had taken it down due to some inappropriate language. But he said overall she is really a good kid and had no reason to run away.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8558608&ClientType=Printable

So he had shut down the one myspace account towards the end of May. The last log on date for the account that I thought was shut down was 3/20/2008. I wonder if there was even more myspace accounts, than the 3 we knew about?

3?? I thought there were only 2. The one that was last logged in on 3/20/08 and the one that MJ/RG changed information on. How do you know he changed the password in May?

I have not read any of the posts beyond this one. I was just now getting caught up.

I wanted to stop at this point and state that KG TOLD the FBI that he had dumped the safe less than a mile from his home. However, he had an apartment in San Antonio 7.66 miles away from his current home in Feb., 2008.You can go to WhitePages.com and find this. The phone listed for that apartment was installed in Feb., 2008. The phone for the house was listed in May, 2008.

The FBI may also be searching the grid from where that apartment dumpster was emptied - the apt. he had in Feb. located 7.66 miles from his home. Probably a wild goose chase, tho. No way would RG give up his laptop or any pictures that easily. He would want them hidden, but not tossed into a dumpster.

I do not think for one moment that there will be anything in that safe if one is located, or if there was a safe to begin with. I firmly believe that KG is, at the very least, involved in Child *advertiser censored*, as is his sex offender relative. I also think that this sex offender relative is involved in the Child *advertiser censored* ring under another name. IMO, KG will probably be a witness for the prosecution at both MJ and RG's trial about more than an illusive safe. I also firmly believe that there was the manufacturing, swapping, and selling of Child *advertiser censored* with more people than just the key people in this case.

I had been trying to sign up here at this site for quite some time and had been reading here. I was following other cases on this board. I have to confess that I was a member of InSessions. There was quite a lot of reasearch over at InSessions that cannot be accessed at this time.

Yep, he did have an apartment on Horal wasn't it? We don't know if KG was telling the truth about the location of the dumpster and it could very well be that this "tip" being mentioned as the reason for the landfill search is actually a "tip" about the H street apartment (which very well could have come from LE reading message boards)

I agree with you on KG's part in all this.....why involve yourself if you don't have a "dog in the fight" so-to-speak. The RSO brother of KG is a big red flag. Since he (the brother) is listed as absconded could it be that he's the one living in the H street apartment?

The news reported the Cullman address as being vacant. Now we find out people were/are living there ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500