Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

Isn't the divorce hearing tomorrow or Friday? The sixty days for Jacques is up around the beginning of October, won't surprise me, if the ask for more time.

eta - Just checked, it's Friday the 29th. Jacques vs Jacques

anybody heard anything about the divorce hearing? I did a search and didn't find anything.

Oh on myspace 14 and supposedly automatically private

I check back in once in a while to see if there is any progress in this case. I really wish it were moving faster!

Anything new? Any updates? I hope that AR is receiving counseling or something.

I check back in once in a while to see if there is any progress in this case. I really wish it were moving faster!
Me too and me too! This trial, if it ends up going to trial, is going to be a wicked one.

R.I.P. Brooke

I'll be surprised if we see a trial in this one. The evidence that would come into the public domain would fry this guy before he was even sentenced. If he's smart, he'll plead and hope he doesn't get what's coming to him in prison. Beyond disgust.

Me too and me too! This trial, if it ends up going to trial, is going to be a wicked one.

R.I.P. Brooke

Checking back again! Yes, it really WILL be a wicked one when it does finally get to trial. This is taking sssooooo long, IMO. There should be details soon I would think.

I am still seething over Brooke's death.

A friend of my sitter ran into Denise in the drug store and she said "I am so mad at my husband right now"....still wearing wedding rings. A.R. is living at home living life as if nothing has happened, still going to high school, hangs out with friends. Denise is apparently getting a monthly check to cover living expenses from the victims compensation program or some victims advocate group. MAKES ME FURIOUS!!!!

I followed this case from the beginning> I can't believe AR is just going to school like not hing ever happened! And Denise just disgusts me completely. Wasn't it said that she was filing for divorce?

She did file for divorece, but I am wondering if she did so so she could get financial assistance only. Or maybe DCF told her to or else lose the kids.....Who knows w/ this woman.

I'm so surprised that life is going on like nothing happened with this woman. AR should be somewhere in therapy intense therapy.... like a live in facility. and I think I would seriously consider removing the other child from this woman that is "so mad at her husband." really? I'd be ready to kill him. and I wouldn't be calling him my husband. I'd be calling him lower than a snake...

I'm so surprised that life is going on like nothing happened with this woman. AR should be somewhere in therapy intense therapy.... like a live in facility. and I think I would seriously consider removing the other child from this woman that is "so mad at her husband." really? I'd be ready to kill him. and I wouldn't be calling him my husband. I'd be calling him lower than a snake...

ITA. I cannot imagine this. I do not see how AR is having even the pretense of a normal life at HS. Denise is kidding herself. I'm shocked that DFCS hasn't intervened more.

A friend of my sitter ran into Denise in the drug store and she said "I am so mad at my husband right now"....still wearing wedding rings. A.R. is living at home living life as if nothing has happened, still going to high school, hangs out with friends. Denise is apparently getting a monthly check to cover living expenses from the victims compensation program or some victims advocate group. MAKES ME FURIOUS!!!!

I'm stunned by this bdmama. So mad at her husband? .....I don't know what to say.

I just have to say Ditto on that also, because I want to say so much more.

Medea, they've been so quiet about this case as soon as they finished releasing the affidavits & email excerpts..... made me think they had their reasons for releasing the tidbits they did & that there must be TONS of info we can't even imagine.

I guess I just don't understand why they would want to 'rush' to charge MJ with murder.... as long as they file charges IN TIME.

As soon as they file, the clock starts ticking & MJ can demand a speedy trial... forcing the prosecution to work under time limits. That seems like a disadvantage I'd want to avoid IF I can.

I don't post here often, but have been keeping up with Brookes case.

I agree with LI_Mom. Plus, my understanding is that when they file, they have to make all evidence available to the defense.

Given that both Jacques and Gagnon deal in internet *advertiser censored*, I wouldn't be surprised if photos of Brooke and AR haven't been sent to other on-line *advertiser censored* 'friends'. One of the ways these on-line *advertiser censored* collectors work is to require 'trading' images. This helps ensure that the person they are corresponding with is not LE. If images have been sent out, the LE are probably also trying to build cases against the receivers of these images--and don't want them tipped off more than they already are. This case could be very large and lead to multiple arrests for child *advertiser censored*.

Also, regarding Jacques taking a plea. If they are going for the death penalty, there has to be a hearing. You can't get the death penalty without a hearing.

Now some questions: Did we ever determine when Gagnon arrived into town? Wasn't there a small building near where Brookes' body was found? Couldn't Brooke have been held there--With or without Gagnon's help? As mentioned earlier, I can't imagine an open casket if she had been dead for several days.

There are a couple of barn type buildings near where her body was found. But there is also an occupied house very close by. I doubt she would have been held in there while alive, it would have been too big a risk.

I believe they called the log type building a sugar shack. I don't recall ever having read when Gagnon came into town, and I don't recall any mention of her being held anywhere in these buildings, just that she was found close to a "sugar shack" there was a picture posted of the building,you can probable still find it on the image site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back