Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

There's so little said about this case, even locally. I feel LE is trying to keep it quiet as possible so the won't be able to get off claiming the was unable to get a fair trial.

Maybe they're hoping he'll die of old age...at this rate, I'll be an old lady before this case gets to trial. :furious:

Two years ago today that she was reported missing... RIP Brooke. I hope there is some justice out there somewhere, for all who had a part in this.

Rest in peace Brooke. I will never understand this. How scared she must have been.

MJ wants to move the trial to NY

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ve...killing_niece_wants_trial_moved_out_of_state/

MONTPELIER — Citing public anger and death threats, lawyers for a man charged with killing his 12-year-old niece say in a new court filing that it’s impossible for him to get a fair trial in Vermont.

Defense attorneys say Michael Jacques has been the subject of so much press coverage and such vitriolic online posts that his trial should be moved to Albany, N.Y., to escape juror bias. In a motion filed late Thursday, they said Jacques and his lawyers have been the subject of calls for death since he was charged in the 2008 slaying of Brooke Bennett of Braintree.

------snip-----

Prosecutors have said they believe Jacques can get a fair shake in Vermont. US Attorney Tristram Coffin, Vermont’s lead federal prosecutor, wouldn’t comment on the latest defense filing when contacted yesterday. But in a response to the defense’s original change-of-venue motion in May, prosecutors said it was premature to consider a different location. They said no ruling should be made until interviews of would-be jurors establish bias that can’t be overcome. Fair juries have been seated to hear other high-profile cases in Vermont, the government contends.

In the new defense filing, Jacques’s lawyers included 150 exhibits — newspaper articles, online stories, television and radio broadcasts, Facebook pages, Twitter tweets, and blog entries — to buttress their claims, many suggesting various modes for killing, maiming, or otherwise exacting revenge on Jacques, who has pleaded not guilty.

-----more at link-----

This is idiotic - they're using examples from the internet to say that he can't get a fair trial locally - huh?

Oh, BS!

Jacques should be tried in Vermont. This ploy will not work, IMO. This 's trial has already taken too long to get underway.

I want justice for Brooke! It has been too long!

Oh, BS!

Jacques should be tried in Vermont. This ploy will not work, IMO. This 's trial has already taken too long to get underway.

ITA

They're also trying to nix the DP again -

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ve...ense_tries_to_block_death_penalty_in_vt_case/

The arguements are pretty much standard issue, and never succeed - IMO, they have been throwing as many motions at the judge as they can to see if something will stick (and will continue to do so ad nauseam), which is also standard issue defense procedure and shouldn't be taken as anything more than that I guess.

It is really frustrating that these trials take so freakin long to get moving, but it is better than the prosecution rushing into it and leaving some stupid thing open for MJ to weasel out of things on appeal.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

he needs to stop.

I followed Brooke's search closely at the time. Does Michael Jacques's wife still have custody of her children? I sure hope the state has taken them away and they are getting psychological help, especially the girl who was involved in luring Brooke.

Yes she does have custody of them and no counseling to my knowledge...living normal lives as if nothing ever happened!!! Makes me sick to see them just going about and AR was even in Brookes sisters wedding!!!!

I joined this forum quite awhile ago and have never posted because there is always so much to read and I get wrapped up in different disgusting cases.

This will be my first post. I have followed this case since the very beginning. Let me just say that this is the most severe case of injustice that I think I have ever seen. This case should be all wrapped up and done with.

Why is the system protecting this predator that has not only knocked up his sister, been convicted before already,and proceeded to carry this out??????

I know I know, Innocent until proven guilty. But he is GUILTY. Let's get on with this already, enough is enough. Try the in the state where the crime was commited and let the outcome be to let him swing from a tree.

I do not want to even go into his wife because she should be swinging from that same tree right beside him. Yes she still has custody of those kids and yes they are living their lives like nothing has ever happened. The only problem seems to be that she lost her big house in the sky which Brooke ended up paying for anyway.

The family's knew very well of Jacques past, it was no secret.

Prosecutors rebuff effort to limit evidence in Jacques case:

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100820/NEWS02/708209947/1003/NEWS02

i noted in the article the Pros. is trying to bring to the case SIX people (some juveniles) in addition to Brooke that Jaques allegedly raped!!! wtf was he doing out anyway, i swear!!

hey Farm, welcome! glad you came out to speak about this case. i feel your frustration, but i honestly don't think that the system is trying to protect him. i feel they are following the law to the tee to avoid any issues in the future. as much as i hate to say it, Jaques has good lawyers, which is a double-edged sword imo. the bad, they will do whatever they can to avoid the DP for him and it will take a long time to get Brooke the justice she deserves. the good, Jaques won't have much to go on for appeal because his lawyers are exhausting a lot of things now. YESTERDAY would not have been soon enough for him to be gone from this Earth. but i will wait patiently, as i am sure that this will end with a conviction and DP.

I joined this forum quite awhile ago and have never posted because there is always so much to read and I get wrapped up in different disgusting cases.

This will be my first post. I have followed this case since the very beginning. Let me just say that this is the most severe case of injustice that I think I have ever seen. This case should be all wrapped up and done with.

Why is the system protecting this predator that has not only knocked up his sister, been convicted before already,and proceeded to carry this out??????

I know I know, Innocent until proven guilty. But he is GUILTY. Let's get on with this already, enough is enough. Try the in the state where the crime was commited and let the outcome be to let him swing from a tree.

I do not want to even go into his wife because she should be swinging from that same tree right beside him. Yes she still has custody of those kids and yes they are living their lives like nothing has ever happened. The only problem seems to be that she lost her big house in the sky which Brooke ended up paying for anyway.

The family's knew very well of Jacques past, it was no secret.

Welcome to the forum. I've been following this case and impatiently waiting for this scum to get the death penalty. He deserves the death penalty but I don't think he is going to get it in this state. This is the most sickening and disgusting case I've ever followed. I want to know why he wasn't already in prison.

Thank You for the welcome joga and lonetraveler!!

I can bet Jacques has a long list of people he has molested and raped and only a few have come forward. He is one sicko. If anyone deserves the death penalty it is him.

joga I think the system is screwed up,,,,the girl that lured Brooke ( I am not sure I can use her name here) is free as a bird living life as if nothing has happened. She should be commited to get the help she needs. I am talking intense therapy.
None of that has happened.
And how can they leave BOTH those kids with a mother that had complete knowledge of what she married and so did her family? My opinion is that she is as much at fault as the that she married. This is just taking to long already and is very very frustrating!

Oh, BS!

Actually I wish that he could be tried in Texas and put to death in Texas. In Vermont, he will most likely die of old age before ever meeting his executor.:furious:

He also took note of the request of an unnamed witness, also identified by Nolan as a victim, to defer the trial until after she had finished her senior year of high school.

Huh? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back