Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although having said this, I am friends of a person close with Brooke's mother who says she is somewhat naieve and he is certain she did not know about the abuse. I would hope people can find kindness in their heart for the innocent victims of this, of which I believe Brooke's mom is one. I am sure she feels bad enough already.

I am sorry, but I have a hard time feeling bad for her. My mother is also naive, but dammit when you have children you have to protect them. you should not need a man so bad you close your eyes to abuse. Your kids should come first. No if ands or buts!! Rest in peace sweet Brooke, may no one ever hurt you again. :(

The Feds are involved. Hoping for them to take over and the federal death penalty to apply.

With the tampering of Brooke's MySpace page, that may constitute crossing state lines, making this a federal case. If so, I'm hoping both Jacques and Gagnon will be tried in a federal court and subject to the federal death penalty.

Brooke, I feel sure you so wanted to do the right thing, which led to your demise.
RIP, angel!

It is upsetting. The poor girl didn't stand a chance with so many perverts in positions of authority in her life. That the ex-stepfather could say she couldn't have a myspace unless he had the password then he uses it to try and cover up her murder.

Although having said this, I am friends of a person close with Brooke's mother who says she is somewhat naieve and he is certain she did not know about the abuse. I would hope people can find kindness in their heart for the innocent victims of this, of which I believe Brooke's mom is one. I am sure she feels bad enough already.

Well, as a mom to three kids, I would NEVER EVER let a RSO be anywhere near my child! She may be naive and not have known about the current abuse of AR, but she did know he was a sexual predator!

When will our lawmakers come to grips with the fact that sex offenders are BROKEN HUMANS THAT CANNOT BE FIXED and legislate accordingly? How many more must fall victim to REPEAT OFFENDERS?

Exactly!
We need a ONE STRIKE LAW!

Headline News was showing the VSP announcing about Brooke's remains being found.

It is upsetting. The poor girl didn't stand a chance with so many perverts in positions of authority in her life. That the ex-stepfather could say she couldn't have a myspace unless he had the password then he uses it to try and cover up her murder.

I don't have a ounce of sympathy for the Mom! Not a ounce.....Naive! WTH........her daughter has been killed over STUPIDITY / over her & DENISE's stupidity I might add.....Brooke's Mom is not a victim here.......if she is please please explain this to us!!!!

I sincerely hope VSP really get to the bottom of this case. They need to find out if Denise & Cassandra both need thrown into jail.

Brooke is dead.....all the damn family wanted was to cover up there secrets & lies. I am totally sick over this......

When will our lawmakers come to grips with the fact that sex offenders are BROKEN HUMANS THAT CANNOT BE FIXED and legislate accordingly? How many more must fall victim to REPEAT OFFENDERS?

This is what has been on my mind today and the fact that he was released after a very short prison sentence for the crime he committed. With that said, Gagnon didn't have a criminal record for being a sex offender that anyone has found. But he sure participated in the coverup mainly because he didn't want to be found out. Broken humans that can't be fixed with a propensity to lie and engage in ruining as many children's lives as possible.

I have no sympathy for them there is no rehab available that can fix what ails them. It is called evil.

for Brooke from sarah mclachlan's in the arms of an angel

in the arms of an angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort here

With the tampering of Brooke's MySpace page, that may constitute crossing state lines, making this a federal case. If so, I'm hoping both Jacques and Gagnon will be tried in a federal court and subject to the federal death penalty.

That would be justice. I hope that you are right...

This just makes me sick. Furious and Physically Sick.

This is devastating news. Even though this is what I thought the outcome was going to be, I was hoping it wouldn't be. I will be praying for this family.

Please tell me that Jim doesn't have to ID her body.....

This is what I am wondering. Did AR and Jacques take Brooke to the convenience store to allow Brooke's ex-stepfather time to sneak into Jacques' house/bedroom? Then, they returned to Jacques' house telling Brooke that they were going to a party. Brooke and AR watch television while Jacques is in his room discussing what they are going to do/say to Brooke for her initiation. Jacques then takes Brooke up to his room. I don't think Brooke had any idea what he wanted. Well, she is surprised to see Gagnon in the room. When they try to pull that Breckenridge crap on her, she balks and struggles. I think that they are both involved in her murder. I have heard on the media (which is inaccurate half of the time) that Gagnon was spotted in the area the day of Brooke's disappearance. So, he could have been at Jacques' house. This could be another reason that he told AR to leave the house.

I am very saddened at this end result. This poor child never had a chance. Neither did AR. Both mothers are pitiful at best. Also, if Brooke's father knew that this "uncle" was a sex offender, WHY would he allow her to be exposed to this guy? That was way too risky. :(

Not only has AR's life been ruined because of being sexually exploited her entire life, now she has the guilt of her "cousin" to live with. How much can you pile on one kid?

I believe that Savannah also knows some things. I hope that police are talking to her. I wonder why she and AR quit speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels