Bug bite or ear infection?

I think Lisa probably DID have a bug bite, and I don't think it had anything to do with an ear infection. When an Amber Alert is issued, what they want is a PHYSICAL description of the child. The parents are probably asked to include ANYTHING they can remember about the child's physical appearance up to and including any scars, scrapes, cuts, or yes, a bug bite. Maybe it was a fresh bite so it was still kinda red so DB included it.
However, I have to ask, again. WHY are people talking about the ear infection? What relevance does it have? And I don't want to hear about oh Lisa probably had a raging ear infection, she cried all night becuase DB was outside, and it probably was turning into pneumonia, or burst ear drums. etc, etc. etc. That is not answering the question I have. For those who think that DB purposely didn't mention the ear infection on the Amber Alert, WHY would she have done this?

i'm not sure if you are taking my words out of context or if I am taking your's out of context, so just to clarify, I was not referring in anyway to the Amber Alert, but that many are saying she changed her story from bug bite to infection, when for all we know they could have been one in the same. Again, more info we don't have at our fingertips one way or the other.
BTW I totally agree with what you said about the Amber Alert. TBH I was surprised the bug bite was even on the Amber Alert as it was not a permanent thing such as a visible mole or birthmark that would be there no matter when she was spotted.

i'm not sure if you are taking my words out of context or if I am taking your's out of context, so just to clarify, I was not referring in anyway to the Amber Alert, but that many are saying she changed her story from bug bite to infection, when for all we know they could have been one in the same. Again, more info we don't have at our fingertips one way or the other.
BTW I totally agree with what you said about the Amber Alert. TBH I was surprised the bug bite was even on the Amber Alert as it was not a permanent thing such as a visible mole or birthmark that would be there no matter when she was spootted.

No one said she changed her story - just that she added to it.

Her cough and cold was mentioned on the amber alert (IIRC), so why not an ear infection?

Much of their initial story changed - seemingly to fit the new "drunk" excuse. IMO, to throw a blanket answer over everything - "I don't recall, I was drunk". She had a while to prepare for the DP show - the ear infection was thrown in for a reason, IMO.

I think Lisa probably DID have a bug bite, and I don't think it had anything to do with an ear infection. When an Amber Alert is issued, what they want is a PHYSICAL description of the child. The parents are probably asked to include ANYTHING they can remember about the child's physical appearance up to and including any scars, scrapes, cuts, or yes, a bug bite. Maybe it was a fresh bite so it was still kinda red so DB included it.
However, I have to ask, again. WHY are people talking about the ear infection? What relevance does it have? And I don't want to hear about oh Lisa probably had a raging ear infection, she cried all night becuase DB was outside, and it probably was turning into pneumonia, or burst ear drums. etc, etc. etc. That is not answering the question I have. For those who think that DB purposely didn't mention the ear infection on the Amber Alert, WHY would she have done this?

BEM 1 - "Lisa is 10 months old. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. She is 30 inches tall and weighs between 26 and 30 pounds. Lisa was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.
Lisa is described as having two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

Anyone with information is asked to call 9-1-1, your local police agency, or the Kansas City TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.
"

BEM 2 - I don't think she purposely didn't mention the ear infection, I tend to think there was no infection and that evidence has surfaced that would need an explanation - and maybe an ear infection is the explanation.

If the bug bite caused the infection I don't see how that is inconsistant. MOO

Does that happen? Bug bites cause ear infections? Are you thinking she meant the bite was infected that was on her ear?

Does that happen? Bug bites cause ear infections? Are you thinking she meant the bite was infected that was on her ear?

I know that spider bites can, as I googled it yesterday, but it would depend on where / close proximity to the ear. I didn't read the entire artical as it was several pages long, and quite frankly, I had other stuff that needed to be taken care of at the time.

BEM 1 - "Lisa is 10 months old. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. She is 30 inches tall and weighs between 26 and 30 pounds. Lisa was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.
Lisa is described as having two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

Anyone with information is asked to call 9-1-1, your local police agency, or the Kansas City TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.
"

BEM 2 - I don't think she purposely didn't mention the ear infection, I tend to think there was no infection and that evidence has surfaced that would need an explanation - and maybe an ear infection is the explanation.

Well, the only evidence I can think of supporting an ear infection would be possibly some anitbiotics, and antibiotics, as far as I know, are not used for nefarious purposes. As far as any type of OTC medications, DB did say Lisa had a cold and a cough, which would all be vaild reasons for any type of childrens medications found. Actually, most people with kids would normally have some on hand most of the time whether they had sick children or not. Now if you are referring to Benadryl specifically, I have on rare occasion, given my kids Benadryl when they were sick with a cold or something. If I had no "multi-symptom" medicine in the house, I gave them the Benadryl. Because if your kid can't sleep because they are sick, it is better than nothing.

I guess I need more clarification. Not trying to be difficult, it's just not "clicking' with me what you are getting at.

Well, the only evidence I can think of supporting an ear infection would be possibly some anitbiotics, and antibiotics, as far as I know, are not used for nefarious purposes. As far as any type of OTC medications, DB did say Lisa had a cold and a cough, which would all be vaild reasons for any type of childrens medications found. Actually, most people with kids would normally have some on hand most of the time whether they had sick children or not. Now if you are referring to Benadryl specifically, I have on rare occasion, given my kids Benadryl when they were sick with a cold or something. If I had no "multi-symptom" medicine in the house, I gave them the Benadryl. Because if your kid can't sleep because they are sick, it is better than nothing.

I guess I need more clarification. Not trying to be difficult, it's just not "clicking' with me what you are getting at.

The boys have been interviewed since the Amber alert. Maybe they told LE mommy gave Lisa something from a prescription bottle - and maybe that something was part of a xanax or valium, or maybe even her anti-depressant meds, which would only make sense if they were fast acting. Maybe she was asked about it and came up with an ear infection and that she was giving antibiotics that she'd had left over from another time.

Before anyone says the full course of antibiotics are to be taken - I know that, but that doesn't mean they are always given the entire course. I know this from experience with a 2 1/2 year old I keep every third weekend. She still has antibiotics in her diaper bag from 4 months ago + a new prescription.

It's one thing to not understand what I am talking about Melissa, but calling my thread "inane" and "silly" is quite another. We all have the freedom to choose the threads that interest us and open them, and not to open the ones that don't. YKWIM?

The boys have been interviewed since the Amber alert. Maybe they told LE mommy gave Lisa something from a prescription bottle - and maybe that something was part of a xanax or valium, or maybe even her anti-depressant meds, which would only make sense if they were fast acting. Maybe she was asked about it and came up with an ear infection and that she was giving antibiotics that she'd had left over from another time.

Before anyone says the full course of antibiotics are to be taken - I know that, but that doesn't mean they are always given the entire course. I know this from experience with a 2 1/2 year old I keep every third weekend. She still has antibiotics in her diaper bag from 4 months ago + a new prescription.

It's one thing to not understand what I am talking about Melissa, but calling my thread "inane" and "silly" is quite another. We all have the freedom to choose the threads that interest us and open them, and not to open the ones that don't. YKWIM?
:truce:

I sincerely apologize for those words, and I am sorry I offended you. And youre right, I don't have to look at this thread if I don't like it. ;)

My point of view, this is how I see it: There is no evidence that DB or JI either hurt Lisa, or covered up her death. People that think they ARE involved are looking for any scrap of information they can get, to point out inconsistencies, lies, etc. The Dr. Phil interview basically gfave us no information, except for the thing with the lights and the ear infection. So then the ear infection thing is jumped on. i.e. "OMG, there DB goes, lying again!" To ME, it had no meaning, no relevance to anything. There are other things that I can honestly see being gone over, taken apart, etc. Just not this. Obviously you and some others think it is some type of clue pointing to her guilt.

In the future, when I disagree I will try not to be so rude.

And I am now backing out of this thread. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back