Bush signs bill to collect all newborns' DNA

You know the real world is too scary when you read the news and then want to go cuddle up with a Stephen King novel to make yourself feel better...

Squidge up on that boat and make room for me, please.

We'll form our own nation and government. :clap: My hubby and I have seriously had discussions about moving to somewhere more remote many times over the 11.5 years we've been together. Big Government scares the bejeezus out of me at times. :eek:

Oh Poor Pixies is gonna sound like a broken record here so forgive me: :rolleyes:

MIDWIVES and Home Birthing!
No, you do not need to be all Hippy-core to do this! I hate hippies!!! Yet I still had all of my SPAWN :crazy: with a midwife. (She even attended my c-section when #4 turned, she made sure everything was OK!)

Seriously, this freaks me out. I want the government OUT of our daily lives. Mandatory schooling for 4 year olds is next on the list. Ugh.

We'll form our own nation and government. :clap: My hubby and I have seriously had discussions about moving to somewhere more remote many times over the 11.5 years we've been together. Big Government scares the bejeezus out of me at times. :eek:

mexico, my friend!
Pick a small village in the middle of Mexico and you can start your own country.

It doesn't bother me at all since I've decided that I'm not really as free as I thought I was anyway. I'm thinking thirty years down the road and can imagine many unidentified bodies being found and many more rapists and murderers caught. It will probably end up being required by the school system just like SS #'s and vaccinations. The only problem I'd worry about is another type of Holocaust someday against Jewish people.

Just last week I received a flyer in kid mail from my 7 year old's school. I now have the opportunity to collect my child's DNA on a qtip and send it in to Ident-a-kid (company name) so they may catalog it for me. No way I said and I threw the flyer away. Now this may be mandatory? Not okay with me at all.

How did this get through without tons of media attention? :mad:

Because we don't have the liberal left media that many like to say we do. We have tighly controlled corporate owned lobbyist paid media that only puts out what the powers that be want us to know and this the did not want us to know.......

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose ......" as the song goes. And in our country's case there ain't that much left for them to take over..........

Because we don't have the liberal left media that many like to say we do. We have tighly controlled corporate owned lobbyist paid media that only puts out what the powers that be want us to know and this the did not want us to know.......

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose ......" as the song goes. And in our country's case there ain't that much left for them to take over..........

thank you, mostlylurking. It is deeply disturbing that you are absolutely 100% accurate.

There isn't one thing on that link that even mentions DNA.

How do you think they screen for hereditary diseases? DNA does not have to be mentioned because it is a given that this is what is used for the screenings. They sure don't use a breathalyzer. :) DNA tests are already being done in many states (think PKU test). This new law just opens the door to taking things further.

Did anyone read btw that all 50 states are now routinely providing these results to the Department of Homeland Security? I did not know homeland security was into researching medical conditions?

Well, if the states have 6 months, then they have until Oct 24th 2008 to get their process up and running.

I think this is a violation of parent's consitutional rights. JanetElaine - I would be most interested in hearing what happens when you tell the doctor and nurses that they may not collect your new baby's DNA.

While I can see some good things coming from this, I think it should be more like the fingerprint collecting. You can have your child's fingerprints taken, BUT you retain the info, not the government.

Salem

JanetElaine - I would be most interested in hearing what happens when you tell the doctor and nurses that they may not collect your new baby's DNA.

They can collect it, I don't care. I have nothing against anonymous screening. But they're sure not keeping it after that. :)

Trust me, I hope I don't have to deal with it. I am not exactly wanting to turn the birth of my little boy into something political. I'd rather do some more fun things. It isn't like I am on the barricades waiting and wanting to 'show them'.

It doesn't bother me at all since I've decided that I'm not really as free as I thought I was anyway. I'm thinking thirty years down the road and can imagine many unidentified bodies being found and many more rapists and murderers caught. It will probably end up being required by the school system just like SS #'s and vaccinations. The only problem I'd worry about is another type of Holocaust someday against Jewish people.

This is what me and my mom and dad were talking about tonight. My mom remembers my grandma talking about how the government studied upon " health and family members" before the holocaust came about. It spoke eerily to my mom of the conversations she had with my mom. I hope its just paranoia on her part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back