Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #3

That's odd but the media around here screw things up alot so maybe it's a typo or best guess idk how that works we don't normally have things like this happen in our small community.. btw Im a local.. Lived in Gridley my whole life.. and been following these forums..

:welcome6: Niblynch to WS and this thread!

:greetings:

It's odd how he says ,that was pretty much the last time I seen her. Most people would say that was the last time I seen her. What does pretty much mean ??? It really wasn't the last time ..??..

I thought the exact same thing.

My son, as a teen, had that exact same 'tell.' If he was 'kind of lying' about something he'd say 'pretty much' as his answer.

Were you home by curfew last night? " Pretty Much..."
That meant 'not really but close..'

Did you finish all your homework? " Pretty much..." <<<< means 'no, not really'

'Pretty much' that last time I saw her means ' something else happened after that' --it was not really the last time he saw her. JMO

Maybe it was the last time he saw her conscious or alive?

I totally agree with the last two posts! Pretty much!

So - nothing "new" happening???

<modsnip>

:seeya:

That's odd but the media around here screw things up alot so maybe it's a typo or best guess idk how that works we don't normally have things like this happen in our small community.. btw Im a local.. Lived in Gridley my whole life.. and been following these forums..
After further research on http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/estimating-the-time-of-death.html I found this explanation
Legal time of death: The time at which the body was discovered or physically pronounced dead by another individual. This is the time that is shown - by law - on a death certificate.

In addition, on the Death Certificate, next to the date it also says "FND"...for "found".

Also - if at a later date, they can determine the "actual" date of death, the Coroner will file an amendment to the death certificate, with the corrected date.

It is oh so extremely frustrating that we have no new information, leads, no arrests, etc.

It doesn't seem like anything is going to happen until the tox report is complete. Hopefully that will shed some light on things. I would think it would be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks.

I'm confused by this wait as well. I know Alycia was found over a month after she disappeared so I assume that is too long for the coroner to determine if it was drowning as COD. (On 30 March the water is plenty cold enough to shock and confuse someone and then being in the dark on top of the temp. I don't know the river bottom is like - muddy, rocky - but sinking in the mud adds to the fear if only a few inches because it impedes movement. It's happened before.) They're waiting for a tox report? For blood alcohol level? Rule out or confirm possible date rape drug or any other drug? Of course, if she had her phone why didn't she call her family if there was no foul play involved? Did she get out of the truck in the dark and drop her phone? Only one set of tracks leaving the truck? (That doesn't mean she was alone. Alycia was not a big person so a fireman's carry by a second person can't be ruled out.)

Then there was that wait by LE for the phone records. Every which way I look at this I have questions and I'm divided on whether it was an accident, murder or cover up of some other accident.

I couldn't agree with you more, as I've said before IMO there's too much lack of evidence. Seems all is dependant on the TOX results. They're pretty closed lipped on everything else... seems that's all they've got but who knows, LE spent a lot of time at MLs place and ol ML doesn't seem to be that slick, he's almost juvenile in a way.. But I couldn't agree more with the previous poster.. waiting a long time on those TOX results.. Even IF there is a drug of some sort, how can they prove ol ML gave it to Her? I still say they waited too long to search the phone AND the river.. Imo

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Really heartbreaking to think that this tragic incident may remain unsolved due to lack of evidence. I really hope that is not the case.

Thinking of Alycia and her family today. Please let answers(and justice if necessary) come soon for her family.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I stay anxious about this case... I can't imagine how her family must feel... &#128577; Thoughts and prayers for them today and continued hope that answers and some semblance of peace will come for them soon!&#10084;

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You would think there would be evidence in the truck if she was not the one to drive it there. DNA, seat position, size of the footprints leaving the truck, there has to be something.

There is, LE's not saying anything OR not much in the truck or with the footprints.. My heart goes out to all her family and friends, she was loved by many many people..

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back