CA CA - Amanda Campbell, 4, Fairfield, 27 Dec 1991

Bumping for Nikki! Today is the anniversary of her kidnapping and I find it appalling that the Police have stopped looking for her just because some known Liar said he killed her.

LE should realize that they are MISSING until they are found! Nothing less!

One thought!

did the police see if there was ever a connection between Binder and Anderson? I wonder if they knew each other?

Bump. Today is the 22nd anniversary of Nikki's disappearance. Thinking of her and her family and hoping for resolution.

I was just looking at this new lost and found namus compare app and Amanda came up. Wanted to give her a bump.

2011:

In 2001, police and FBI officials searched the crawl space of a Salisbury Drive home near the house Campbell had lived in. The theory was Campbell had been lured there, killed and buried in the crawl space. Nothing came from the search...

Last year, law enforcement officials learned about a shrine of sorts with photos and clippings of Campbell in another part of the region, Hurlbut said. It looked suspicious, but law enforcement officials couldn’t track down who set up the shrine in a fairly remote area inside a shed of some type, he said.

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/featur...ad-in-campbell-case-continues-after-20-years/

amanda_nicole_campbell.jpg

2001:

Acting on a tip that they may find the kidnapped girl's body underneath the tri-level white stucco house on Salisbury Drive, police conducted the search with the consent of the current occupants, who did not live there in December 1991, when Nikki was last seen alive...

The tipster said Nikki's body may be buried under the house, which Baird characterized as information that police had never heard before. In their "initial" search, police found no evidence to link the house to the girl.

"It may turn out to be the break we were looking for, or it may be a complete waste of time," said Baird, who indicated that police would conduct further searches of the house...

Nikki's mother, who has remarried and now goes by the name Ann Campbell- Javier, is holding little hope that the tip would solve the crime and give her closure to almost a decade of agony.

"I'm sure they investigated all that when Nikki was taken," she said in an interview at her Vallejo home. "I'm sure they were all checked out then."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfga...n-91-2966000.php?client=ms-android-sonymobile

2009:

A Martinez man convicted of killing his 16-year-old son is asking for a new trial because a juror once was a suspect in the still-unsolved disappearances of four Bay Area girls.

Timothy Bindner misrepresented himself to get on the jury that convicted 43-year-old Turkish businessman Erhan Kayik earlier this year, Deputy Public Defender Rebecca Brackman said in Contra Costa County Superior Court this morning...

“I answered all the questions (asked during jury selection) honestly,” said Bindner, whose role in the kidnapping investigations was the focus of the 1997 book, “Stalemate.” “What did they want me to do, bring them the book?”

:facepalm:

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2009/05...-bindner-was-suspect-in-girls-disappearances/

2000:

Police in Vallejo, Calif., investigating the kidnapping of an 8-year-old girl who cunningly escaped her captor on Saturday said a number of other police departments believe the same suspect might be involved in the disappearance of other little girls as far away as Las Vegas...

Curtis Dean Anderson on Tuesday appeared in Solano County court handcuffed and was charged with 11 crimes...

Hayward police are looking for clues in the abduction of 9-year-old Michaela Garecht, 9 while Fairfield police are checking for links to the December 1991 disappearance of Amanda ‘‘Nikki’’ Campbell, 4.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=96135&page=1

I was about 10 feet from CDA on the day he got arrested. I worked down the street from where the little girl escaped his car and ran to a truck driver for safety, while he was inside getting his paycheck. He was sitting in the back of a police car when I slowly drove by and stared right at me. Cold dead eyes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leprikawn, are you talking about Bindner? Is there an article about this? She escaped Bidners's car?

Yes Curtis Dean Anderson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amanda Nikki Campbell was 4 years old when she vanished in Fairfield on Dec. 27, 1991. Nikki was last seen leaving her home with her brother to ride their bicycles outside different friends’ houses.

Missing children: Nine infamous cases of Bay Area children who vanished

940x940.jpg

Snip:
Amanda “Nikki” Campbell, 4, was biking to a nearby friend’s home in a quiet Fairfield neighborhood on Dec. 27, 1991, when she disappeared. A search found her bike a few blocks away and police dogs tracked her scent to the I-80 onramp more than a mile away. It is believed she was snatched by a stranger.

Curtis Dean Anderson was floated as a suspect in Nikki’s disappearance, although no clear links were ever established. Another man, Timothy Bindner, also became a person of interest for police because of his contact with the families of Michaela and Amber.

Bindner approached both the Swartz-Garcia and Garecht families offering help with their cases. Investigators asked Amber’s mother to maintain contact with him in the hopes he might reveal more. But ultimately, the only thing police could accuse Bindner of was being overly interested in the families of missing children — odd, certainly, but not a crime.

In 1997, Bindner won a defamation lawsuit against the city of Fairfield after he was named a suspect in the Nikki Campbell case.
These Bay Area residents vanished and have never been found

Amanda Nicole Eileen Campbell – The Charley Project

Last updated December 22, 2020; details of disappearance updated.

snip..
One possible suspect named in Amanda's disappearance is Timothy Bindner, who was also investigated for possible connections to the disappearances of Ilene Misheloff and Tara Cossey. He was never charged in any of the cases, maintains his innocence and successfully sued Amanda's hometown of Fairfield in 1997 for defamation of character. For many years Bindner was also considered a suspect in the 1988 disappearances of Amber Swartz-Garcia from Pinole, California and Michaela Garecht from Fremont, California.

Bindner approached many of the mothers of missing girls from the East Bay area offering his assistance, including Amber and Michaela's families. Investigators asked Amber's mother to maintain a quasi-friendship with Bindner in hope of learning if he was connected to any of the girls' cases. She and authorities agreed that Bindner appeared to playing mind games with victims' loved ones and law enforcement. He has been ruled out in Michaela's case, and in 2020, David Misch was charged with her kidnapping and murder. Misch is a suspected serial killer. He is awaiting trial in Michaela's case and in the 1986 double murder of two women.
Amanda has never been located and no one has been charged in her disappearance. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.

30 years ago on December 27 1991Amanda “Nikki” Campbell vanished without a trace no where to be found
Sometime between 4:30 and 5 pm, Amanda decided to ride her bicycle around the corner to another friend’s home just 8 doors away from her own, never to be seen again .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back