CA CA - Amanda Campbell, 4, Fairfield, 27 Dec 1991

JUL 25, 2023
Two cold cases are separated by more than 2,500 miles apart but may be closely tied.

In Fairfield, detectives just reopened a missing person investigation involving the disappearance of Nikki Campbell in 1991. This comes after Pennsylvania prosecutors announced a former pastor is arrested in a similar case.

That pastor, David Zandstra, served at a Solano County church around the time of Campbell's disappearance. A question that has eluded Fairfield police for more than 30 years is what happened to the 4-year-old?

[...]

In Pennsylvania, prosecutors recently announced David Zandstra confessed to the killing of a girl in 1975.

"He killed this poor eight-year-old girl he knew and who trusted him," said Jack Stollsteimer, district attorney of Delaware County.

Pennsylvania investigators tracked the former pastor in Georgia. Records show the 83-year-old crisscrossed the country while serving at multiple Christian Reformed Churches — including in Fairfield.

[...]

Next, his DNA will be submitted into a database to see if there are hits in other jurisdictions.

[...]

nikki-campbell-age-progressed.jpg

An age-progressed photo shows what Nikki Campbell may have looked like at the age of 24 years old.NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING AND EXPLOITED CHILDREN

''FAIRFIELD, Calif. - The Fairfield Police Department has reopened the cold case around the disappearance of a 4-year-old girl in December 1991.

Investigators are exploring any potential connections between former Fairfield pastor David Zandstra and the missing girl, Amanda Nicole Campbell, KCRA reports.

According to officials, David Zandstra, now 83 years old, was recently charged in the sexual assault and killing of an 8-year-old Philadelphia girl back in 1975. He confessed to the crime after 48 years of deception during an interview with troopers in Georgia.''

''Following his time in Pennsylvania, Zandstra became a pastor at the Fairfield Christian Reformed Church from 1990 to 2005. This period coincides with the timeframe when Amanda Nicole Campbell went missing.''
1690463799287.png
A former Fairfield pastor is facing charges in the 1975 killing of an 8-year-old girl in Pennsylvania who investigators said was abducted during bible camp.

JULY 24, 2023
Law Enforcement Does Not Rest

A possible Link 2 another case​

Gretchen Harrington​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-Asheville 12352709/amp/California-cops-investigate-monster-ex-pastor-David-Zandstra-83-arrested-1975-killing-Pennsylvania-girl-8-way-bible-school-connected-1991-disappearance-four-year-old-girl-Bay-Area.html​

I found this on another cases on here i hope this all works out for everyone involved

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if this turned out to be true. The man is a demon. Waiting until he is almost dead, waiting for redemption but also hedging his bets by keeping other crimes a secret.... I hope he gets guilty and even if he has little time left to live at least this scum was condemned...
rest in peace little girl

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if this turned out to be true. The man is a demon. Waiting until he is almost dead, waiting for redemption but also hedging his bets by keeping other crimes a secret.... I hope he gets guilty and even if he has little time left to live at least this scum was condemned...
rest in peace little girl
I hope he lives 2 c guilty and then whatever happens after I’m fine with it makes me mad he has lived a good long life with his family and friends and his victims didnt get that chance at all

David Zandstra, 83, was interviewed by troopers in Georgia and admitted he killed 8-year-old Gretchen Harrington and lied about it for 48 years, according to Jack Stollsteimer, the district attorney of Delaware County in Pennsylvania. Authorities said Zandstra was a pastor in Pennsylvania at the time of Harrington's murder.

After he worked in Pennsylvania, Zandstra became a pastor at the Fairfield Christian Reformed Church from 1990 through 2005. The beginning of that timeframe overlaps with when Campbell went missing. An address listed for Zandstra during his time in Fairfield obtained by KCRA 3 is only a few minutes away from the home where Campbell and her family lived on Salisbury Drive.

Campbell was last seen riding her bike to a friend's house in December of 1991when she was 4 years old.

Fairfield police told KCRA 3 that they are now double-checking the evidence for any signs Zandstra could have been involved in the disappearance of the 4-year-old girl. Fairfield police said that an investigator has been assigned to Campbell's cold case.

Campbell's disappearance is still on the minds of many people who live in Fairfield. Karen Hardy still lives in the neighborhood where Campbell and her family lived, and said she would often see Campbell riding her bike. Hardy described the December day Campbell went missing as rainy, and she remembers the community's frantic search to find her.

"Somebody was knocking on doors, handing out flyers, and asking us to check our backyards, under the decks and everything like that," Hardy said. "They had search parties all over."

I live in the Bay Area and I vividly remember when Nikki Campbell went missing. Later, I was acquainted with a woman who is a friend of Nikki's mother, and she would talk about what the mom was going through. It is such a sad and tragic case and it would be wonderful if there could be a resolution.

For decades, Nikki’s case has been one of the most frustrating missing children investigations in modern Bay Area memory. Fairfield detectives were fixated on an Oakland man, even publicly naming him as a suspect. But that man was later cleared and won a defamation suit against the city for $90,000.

New hope for resolution came earlier this year when Pennsylvania police announced the arrest of David Zandstra. Zandstra, now 83, was working as a minister in Delaware County in 1975 when police say he abducted 8-year-old Gretchen Harrington on her way to Bible school. Gretchen's body was discovered by a jogger in the woods, but the case went cold for decades after.

In 2022, a Pennsylvania State Police trooper said he was contacted by someone alleging they were sexually abused by Zandstra as a child. The trooper claims when he interrogated Zandstra, the former minister admitted to killing Gretchen; Zandstra's lawyer said in court in November that his client was "tricked" by detectives due to his age.

While probing Zandstra’s life and work history, detectives learned he worked at a Christian Reformed Church in Fairfield from 1990 to 2005. In July, Fairfield police confirmed they were looking for any ties between Zandstra and Nikki’s case.

“Our research has led us to believe the suspect, David Zandstra, did indeed live in the Fairfield area around the time Amanda Campbell went missing,” a spokesperson from the Fairfield Police Department told SFGATE at the time. “… Further details will be provided after detectives have had an opportunity to investigate.”
Fairfield Christian Reformed Church, as seen on Google Street View, in Fairfield, California.
“We don’t have any evidence to suggest a link between Amanda’s disappearance and David Zandstra,” the spokesperson said.

Zandstra was charged with first-degree murder, criminal homicide and other felonies in Delaware County. His next court date is set for Feb. 15, 2024.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back