CA CA - Amber Swartz-Garcia, 7, Pinole, 3 June 1988

From what I understand he has not been eliminated. There is no solid evidence.......but a dog got the scent of one missing child in his vehicle. unfortunately a dogs scent is not enough! Sometimes LE has to wait for a perp to mess up again.

I do find it funny that when the police started to look into him things sort of stopped. He stopped making predictions, and we did not see a new missing child every couple of months. If LE looking into him makes him never do anything to another kid then great!

There was enough info to write a book with him as the main focus.

Yes this tan sedan is quite interesting to say the least. We know Herzog had access to that car, and we know now they were capable of taking a kid. Although they said that the man throwing the girl in the car (on Amber's Charley Project page) had a beard.

Even if the girls were in his car, the dogs didn't detect the smell of death, right? I would assume the smell of death would be in his van or his house, and both were searched.

It's just that, Bindner manages to weasel his way into all the abductions and make it centre around himself. I just think that if he did anything, the police would know by now. There'd be something linking it to him due to how he presents himself and thrusts himself open into every case.

Children not disappearing anymore could also be due to the perpetrators being behind bars (Daveggio, Shermantine), dead (Herzog) or the police closing in on them and not wanting to get caught (Someone we might not know about). See, Jaycee was taken by someone who we didn't really know about, so it's very possible. I think Bindner could be connected to these criminals though. It'd be interesting to find out if he knew Shermantine and Herzog. I believe he is apart of something bigger.

Yeah I'm not convinced Anderson had anything to do with Amber's disappearance. I'm so surprised the LE actually closed the case over it. They didn't find Amber's remains where Anderson said they were, that's enough reason to keep it open!

Bindner is an interesting character. As I said, I think he's just a crazy pedophile and he's like Garrido and wouldn't kill a child (but capable of other crimes). There isn't enough evidence to connect him to these crimes, and I believe the LE made a good choice to not pursue him but keep an eye on him. He just likes to mess with victims families. (In the Jay Cook/Tanya van Cuylenborg case, an unrelated person with a mental problem kept writing to the victims families, so it does happen) I do believe he knows something though, because he predicted the next child to be abducted would be 9 and then Michaela was kidnapped (unless he was making up stuff and he guessed right, which I don't think). Maybe he was sent out by the real abductors to look suspicious so the attention would be off them? I don't know, but if Michaela is being considered a victim of the SFK, then I find it hard to believe that Bindner had anything to do with these cases, as they were all thought to be related. I wonder if Bindner had a relationship with Shermantine and Herzog? It's obvious he was apart of something bigger. Maybe he helped the perpetrators bury the bodies, but I believe that would be where his involvement peaks and ends, if he even did that. Remember he was obsessed with Angela Burgay and he wasn't the perpetrator?

I also looked up about the witness seeing a girl being pushed into a car, but it says the man had a beard and Bindner did not at the time. And Bindner drives a white van, this was a tan coloured car. So I do not believe this person was Bindner and it also does not match the description.
Now that's interesting to me, because Ilene Misheloff was spotted getting into a vehicle, possibly a white van.

Now that's interesting to me, because Ilene Misheloff was spotted getting into a vehicle, possibly a white van.

Really? I wonder if he has been really looked at into her disappearance.

These Bay Area cases are bringing up a lot of memories and sadness. I'm ordering Stalemate right now to read up on it.

Merry Christmas to all of the missing and deceased angels from our area....Ilene, Michaela, Amber, Angela, Polly, Sierra...may those of you not found, come home soon. You deserve the opportunity to let your families know that you are peace.

Many may find this interesting...this would connect Michaela Garecht & Amber's cases, if true:
"There was a man in the 1980's who was involved in trafficking of child *advertiser censored* between the United States and Mexico. His name was Richard Helwig. In March 1989 he was stopped at the border as he was returning from a trip to Mexico, and he was discovered to have child *advertiser censored* in his vehicle, along with cut-outs of articles about Michaela and Amber Swartz.... Authorities interviewed his girlfriend, who possessed earrings like the ones Michaela was wearing. She said Helwig had given them to her, but later changed her story and said that she got them from the flea market.... Her two daughters were also interviewed, separately, and each girl independently verified that both Michaela and Amber had been there, in Mexico."
Sources:
https://www.facebook.com/MichaelaJoyGarecht
http://www.dearmichaela.com/2013/01/so-what-now.html

Yeah so much for Curtis dean telling the truth!

Which even if this story is false, I just dont believe Curtis Dean Anderson took Amber!

Yeah so much for Curtis dean telling the truth!

Which even if this story is false, I just dont believe Curtis Dean Anderson took Amber!

I also don't believe he did! And now poor Amber's mother has to deal with the fact her daughter's case is "closed" due to his most likely false confession. I believe Amber's mother also does not believe his confession.

I also don't believe he did! And now poor Amber's mother has to deal with the fact her daughter's case is "closed" due to his most likely false confession. I believe Amber's mother also does not believe his confession.

There was some discussion on face book that Curtis Dean Anderson hated Ambers mother (and Im sure Vice versa) so there is his motive (Not that he needed one) to say he did it and then die! And I can see the scum bag dying with a smile on his face because of it.

The rule should be this.......No Body.....then the case cant legally be closed! Sounds like some pencil pushers needed to save some money and thought they were easing a mothers heart!........Dopes!

I side with her mother 100%. As terrible a man Anderson was, I do not believe he took Amber. I want to see some physical evidence, not just evidence of the circumstances! I can't take the word of a killer. A mother's instinct knows best!
Not just a killer, but someone who lied and played with the emotions of the victims family, over and over and over.

I sure hope Curtis is frying in hell because he is about as close to Satan himself as you will find.

I really wish a task force would be put together to put all of the evidence for the abductions of all of these children during that time period. Maybe then they might catch one of these people.

I agree Leprikawn! I really feel Amber and Amanda Campbell's disappearances have a connection that does not involve Anderson.

I also signed the petition to reopen Amber's case. If there's no body or evidence...who's to say she's even deceased, despite what logic will tell you...I hope they reopen it so Kim can have answers.

What great news, I am so happy for Kim!

A problem in missing children cases is that there is very little "hold back" information. The police are going to release a full description of the child and what they are wearing in order to maximize the chances of finding them. Years later, if someone claims credit but has no "proof" to offer, it will be hard tell one way or the other, if they did it.

Guys like Anderson, Israel Keys or Henry Lucas have nothing to loose if they are implicated or prosecuted for additional murders but they can enhance their prison "rep" and certainly entertain themselves for hour being interviewed by detectives whether they actually did the crimes or not.

I'm sure some of the Law Enforcement people who spoke with Curtis Dean Anderson in prison have a "hunch" on his involvement in other cases but that is all.

Anderson was a scum bag until the very end.

I am so happy to see they re opened the case, but I hope its not lip service and they indeed look into it with fresh eyes.

One thing that has made me think about this case was the fact that they said Curtis confessed to other murders of children! Well why weren't those cases ceremoniously closed as well? Since Curtis was so believed on this one then why wasn't his word taken on the rest?

I sure hope the reason wasn't because the mother of a missing child was pestering them to find her child, so they decided to close it to stop her from calling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back