CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time Bob Was Last Seen?

Does anyone know what time Bob Harrod was supposedly last seen? Detective Loomis in the July 30th article says that the Home Depot receipt shows that JM paid for items after 3PM. Another article says Bob was last seen at 1:00PM, and a missing flier from the PD says Bob was last seen at 11:00AM. Daughter J mentions a time of Noon or 1:00 in a video, I believe referring to the time her husband returned to the house. Is the reference to 3PM a misprint and was really supposed to be receipt showed he paid for his items after 1PM?

Four Examples, all with different times:

"His receipt showed that he paid for his items after 3 p.m.," Loomis said. "He thinks he was at Home Depot for 45 minutes to an hour, so given 15 minutes or so of driving time, you're looking at 1:30."

Harrod was last seen by his son-in-law, JM, around 1:30 p.m. on Monday. Harrod, a former contract manager, sent Michaels to Home Depot, but when Michaels returned, Harrod was no longer in the house, said Loomis.

Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”
Julie: “My dad was gone.”
Reporter: “What time?”
Julie: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon

Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 1100 A.M.
in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-loomis-family-2513035-home-police

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front
http://www.placentia.org/PDF/misc/09-3263 920A HARROD.pdf

Just some background info I put together based on what I've read. Corrections welcome.

Background Info:

• Bob Merle Harrod was reported missing on Monday, July 27, 2009
  • Bob is 81 years old; Bob is about 5’11”, 140 lbs.
  • Bob’s address: In the 500 block of Carnation Drive, Placentia, CA.
  • Placentia Population: July 2008: 49,692.
  • County: Orange County
  • Bob’s first wife passed away in 2008. They had been married 59 years.
  • Bob has 3 daughters: RB, PB, and JM. He also has 1 grandchild and 3 great-grandchildren.
  • Bob, with help from his daughter J and son-in-law, had been rearranging things in his home to accommodate his new wife.
  • Bob and his new wife F spoke twice daily by telephone while she was away, most recently Sunday evening, the day before he was reported missing.
  • Bob’s glasses (that he always wore) were left in the house on the kitchen table. His car was at the house. His checkbook and cell phone were found at the house. His wallet and keys were missing.
  • "There's been no movement on any of his bank accounts or credit cards," Loomis said. "No family member or friend has either heard from him or seen him."
  • Harrod was known to take walks near his home, but none of neighbors remembered seeing him since Saturday, Loomis said.
  • Loomis said police initially thought Harrod left because he had gotten into an argument with another family member; they had hoped he would return when his wife came back to Placentia.
  • Sgt. Scott Millsap, an investigations detective, said there have been underlying issues with the family, but declined to give any more information.
  • RB, Harrod's daughter, said the family was concerned about a 45-year-old woman he had become acquainted with. The woman has borrowed money from Harrod and called him in the past few weeks saying she had no money and no place to live, RB said. Family members have contacted the woman, who has denied having any involvement in Harrod's disappearance, RB said. Harrod's family and friends have expressed concern about the woman's intentions to him, but her father refused to listen, RB said.

Timeline below. Blanks for key times due to discrepancies.

June 23, 2009

• Fontelle came to visit Bob for the first time
June 29, 2009

• Harrod and Fontelle went to get a marriage license in Fullerton and decided to get married there at the courthouse. (Rumor that they did not tell either of their families about the marriage for a few days.)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009

• Fontelle Harrod returned to her Missouri home to pack up her belongings and make the move to Placentia.
Saturday, July 25, 2009

• Bob Harrod last seen by a neighbor or neighbors
Sunday, July 26, 2009

• Evening: Fontelle last spoke to Bob by phone
  • Sunset ~7:58PM
Monday, July 27, 2009

• Weather: Low temp: 68.5 F, high temp: 91.4 F, avg: 78.2 F; precipitation: 0.0
  • Sunrise: ~6:00AM; Sunset ~7:58PM
  • Time? – JM, Bob’s son-in-law arrives at Bob’s house.
  • Time? – JM is sent by Bob Harrod to go to Home Depot.
  • Time?* - JM arrives at Home Depot.
*There is a Home Depot at 601 S Placentia Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831-5199. Distance is only 2.7 miles from Bob’s address in Placentia, about a 6-minute drive. There is another Home Depot located at 2455 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821-6114. Distance from Bob’s address in Placentia is 2.8 miles, about a 7-minute drive.​
  • Time? – Home Depot receipt shows that JM paid for items at this time. JM thinks he was at Home Depot for 45 min to 1 hour.
  • Time? – JM arrives back at Harrod’s house, and the housekeeper was sitting on the porch, waiting to be let in. She told JM the door was locked and nobody was answering, and that Harrod might be taking a nap. JM then went into the house to check, and Harrod was not there.
  • Evening – Fontelle filed a missing persons report from Missouri.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009

• Fontelle returned to Placentia from MO.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 (30 days have elapsed)

• OC Register article quote: "We're just now winding down the full-court press part of this investigation," said department spokeswoman Detective Corinne Loomis Tuesday. "We're going back and doing some follow-up stuff and documentation. We have a search warrant for phone records to see who he might have talked to that we don't know about."

• Unless the efforts currently under way yield new leads, the department will have used all the avenues they have available to find Harrod at this time, she said. "It's a real mystery," Loomis said.

Time Bob Was Last Seen?

Does anyone know what time Bob Harrod was supposedly last seen? Detective Loomis in the July 30th article says that the Home Depot receipt shows that JM paid for items after 3PM. Another article says Bob was last seen at 1:00PM, and a missing flier from the PD says Bob was last seen at 11:00AM. Daughter J mentions a time of Noon or 1:00 in a video, I believe referring to the time her husband returned to the house. Is the reference to 3PM a misprint and was really supposed to be receipt showed he paid for his items after 1PM?

Four Examples, all with different times:

"His receipt showed that he paid for his items after 3 p.m.," Loomis said. "He thinks he was at Home Depot for 45 minutes to an hour, so given 15 minutes or so of driving time, you're looking at 1:30."

Harrod was last seen by his son-in-law, JM, around 1:30 p.m. on Monday. Harrod, a former contract manager, sent Michaels to Home Depot, but when Michaels returned, Harrod was no longer in the house, said Loomis.

Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”
Julie: “My dad was gone.”
Reporter: “What time?”
Julie: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon

Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 1100 A.M.
in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front
http://www.placentia.org/PDF/misc/09-3263%20920A%20HARROD.pdfhttp://www.placentia.org/PDF/misc/09-3263 920A HARROD.pdf
==============================================
Yes, I noticed all those time discrepancies also.
I wonder if LE would clarify those.
Will send email to PPD about timeline.

I emailed PPD detective about time of Home Depot receipt.
I got an email today.
PPD says:
The Home Depot receipt is 3:04. He went earlier to CVS pharmacy.

SIL must have ran an errand to CVS Pharmacy, back around 1pm, then back out to Home Depot, paid for purchase at 3:04pm.

SIL must have ran an errand to CVS Pharmacy, back around 1pm, then back out to Home Depot, paid for purchase at 3:04pm.

Thank you for getting that info from PPD to confirm purchase receipt from Home Depot at 3:04PM.

What I find interesting is that there is not one mention of a trip to CVS in any articles, in the interview with daughter/wife of SIL, and in post by other daughter on IS. All only mention an earlier trip to the hardware store/Home Depot, then back about noon/1PM to find Bob gone.

I also find interesting the mention on IS of an alleged "family meeting" at Bob's house that got "heated" on Sunday, the day before he was reported missing.

I can't edit the previous timeline I posted, so I'm posting an updated version. Apologies for length.

Timeline

• Bob’s first wife of 59 years passed away.
Date(s)?

• A 45-year-old woman Bob had become acquainted with had borrowed money from him and called him in the past few weeks saying she had no money and no place to live (stated by one of Bob’s daughters in an OC Register article after Bob went missing.)
May?

• Hearsay (post on IS): Orange County Social Services conducted an investigation of suspected elder financial abuse several months before Bob went missing. Family was told that Bob did not want to pursue the issue.
End of May, 2009

• Fontelle’s daughter, who grew up listening to stories about her mother's first love (Bob), found Bob's number and dialed it so Fontelle could speak to Bob.
Date?

• Hearsay (post on IS): Orange County Social Services contacted again by Bob’s family regarding suspected elder financial abuse.
Tues, June 23, 2009

• Fontelle came to visit Bob Harrod in Placentia for the first time, after having spoken by phone for several weeks prior.
Mon, June 29, 2009

• Bob and Fontelle went to get a marriage license in Fullerton and decided to get married there at the courthouse. (Rumor that they did not tell either of their families about the marriage for a few days.)
Tues, July 7, 2009

• Fontelle returned to her Missouri home to pack up her belongings and make the move to Placentia.
Sat, July 25, 2009

• Bob Harrod last seen by a neighbor or neighbors.
Sun, July 26, 2009

• Time? – Hearsay (Aug 11th post on IS): A “family meeting” took place at Bob’s house, which got heated at times, but there were no threats and they all left on good terms.
  • Evening: Fontelle last spoke to Bob by phone while she was in MO.
  • ~7:58PM - Sunset
Mon, July 27, 2009
  • Weather: Low temp: 68.5 F, high temp: 91.4 F, avg: 78.2 F; precipitation: 0.0
  • ~6:00AM - Sunrise
  • Time? – JM, Bob’s son-in-law arrives at Bob’s house.
  • ~11:00AM-11:30? – Bob last seen. JM left Bob’s house and went to CVS Pharmacy*.
PPD flier says Bob was last seen at his residence at 11:00AM. Hearsay (Aug 11th post on IS): One of Bob’s daughters called and spoke to Bob, she thinks probably after 11:30. She says while speaking to her father she heard her BIL say he was going to the “hardware store” and her father responded in a “positive way.”
*Unknown which CVS JM went to. There is a CVS Pharmacy on East Yorba Linda Boulevard, which is a 5 min drive from Bob’s house.

• 12:30PM? – The housekeeper arrived at Bob’s house at this time. The door was locked and nobody answered.
  • 1:00PM – JM arrived back from CVS, and the housekeeper was sitting on the porch, waiting to be let in. She told JM the door was locked and nobody was answering, and that Bob might be taking a nap. JM then went into the house to check, and Bob was not there.
  • ~1:45-2:00PM? - JM left Bob’s house for Home Depot*.
*Unknown which Home Depot JM went to. There is a Home Depot at 601 S Placentia Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831-5199. Distance is only 2.7 miles from Bob’s address in Placentia, about a 6-minute drive. There is another Home Depot located at 2455 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821-6114. Distance from Bob’s address in Placentia is 2.8 miles, about a 7-minute drive.
  • ~2:00-2:15PM? – JM arrived at Home Depot (detective stated in article that JM thought he was at Home Depot for 45 min to 1 hour).
  • 3:04PM – Time stamp of Home Depot purchase receipt.
  • ~3:15-3:30? – JM arrived back at Bob’s house.
  • Time? – Housekeeper left house.
  • Evening – Fontelle filed a missing persons report from Missouri.
Tues, July 28, 2009

• Daughter “J” gives interview to reporter. Says her husband was with her dad at his home the day before, he went to the hardware store alone, and when he came back at about Noon or 1:00, her dad was gone.
Wed, July 29, 2009

• Hearsay (post on IS): In response to being contacted by family before Bob went missing, an investigator from OC Social Services showed up at Bob’s house to conduct the second investigation into suspected elder financial abuse.
  • Fontelle returned to Placentia from MO (as previously scheduled).
Fri, August 7, 2009

• Orange County Probate Court Case. Type: Conservatorship of Estate Only. Various filings starting this date. Currently open.
Tues, August 25, 2009 (30 days elapsed)

• OC Register article quote: "We're just now winding down the full-court press part of this investigation," said department spokeswoman Detective Corinne Loomis Tuesday. "We're going back and doing some follow-up stuff and documentation. We have a search warrant for phone records to see who he might have talked to that we don't know about."

• Unless the efforts currently under way yield new leads, the department will have used all the avenues they have available to find Harrod at this time, she said. "It's a real mystery," Loomis said.
References:
http://www.placentia.org/PDF/misc/09-3263 920A HARROD.pdf
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-harrod-department-2541805-loomis-placentia#slComments
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...r-Marrying-Childhood-Sweetheart-52086697.html
http://www.placentiapd.org/pd/default.asp?section=1&NewsID=192&type=News
http://www.ssa.ocgov.com/Abuse_Reporting/Elder_Disabled/Facts_On_Financial_Abuse.asp
http://www.scselfservice.org/probate/adult/conservatorship.htm
https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPub...-00291267-PR-CE-LJC&src=case_src_dtl#top_page
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...rnation+drive,+placentia,+ca&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=carnation+drive,+placentia,+ca&daddr=150+East+Yorba+Linda+Boulevard,+Placentia,+CA+92870+(CVS%2Fpharmacy)&geocode=%3BFdwRBQIdKIr5-CGn4ACghKip7A&gl=us&hl=en&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=33.879965,-117.859869&sspn=0.031211,0.077162&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

Cloudajo:
Wonderful job on the timeline!
A question: I thought F had talked to Robert the morning of 7/27/2009.
But I could not find it in links I had bookmarked.

7/27/2009 F did file a missing person report. I think it was 3am, Missouri time.

Cloudajo:
Wonderful job on the timeline!
A question: I thought F had talked to Robert the morning of 7/27/2009.
But I could not find it in links I had bookmarked.

7/27/2009 F did file a missing person report. I think it was 3am, Missouri time.

Thanks, I hope it's useful.

Re: Last time F spoke to Bob. Here are the two references from Detective Loomis (I forgot to include ref links for this.)

The pair spoke twice daily by telephone while she was away, most recently Sunday evening, Loomis said.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...r-Marrying-Childhood-Sweetheart-52086697.html

Fontelle Harrod went back to her home in Missouri to pack up her possessions; she returned to Placentia on Wednesday. She has not heard from Harrod since Sunday, Loomis said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-missing-groom31-2009jul31,0,5435017.story

Please ascertain when Fontelle either submitted the missing person report to police or when the police in Placentia made out the report. I don't want to do a chart based on 3:00 a.m. unless we are sure. Did Fontelle do this on July 27 as in post #32 or on July 29 as in other posts? The approximations from the disappearance daytime are not usable. We won't need to know what city Fontelle phoned from as we will be using 1:00 a.m. on the west coast and Placentia for the chart, since Fontelle is suspected of nothing.

Please ascertain when Fontelle either submitted the missing person report to police or when the police in Placentia made out the report. I don't want to do a chart based on 3:00 a.m. unless we are sure. Did Fontelle do this on July 27 as in post #32 or on July 29 as in other posts? The approximations from the disappearance daytime are not usable. We won't need to know what city Fontelle phoned from as we will be using 1:00 a.m. on the west coast and Placentia for the chart, since Fontelle is suspected of nothing.

Hi Tuba! Fontelle filed the report on Tuesday 7/28/09 at 3 a.m. (if you need the source of this informaiton, I will be more than happy to let you know; just pm me if needed) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

btw - your pm box is full.

Proceeding with this as though it was 3:00 a.m. CDST in Missouri when Fontelle phoned in the report, not 3:00 a.m. PDST in Placentia, CA when the police received her report. Is that correct?

Proceeding with this as though it was 3:00 a.m. CDST in Missouri when Fontelle phoned in the report, not 3:00 a.m. PDST in Placentia, CA when the police received her report. Is that correct?
===============================

That is correct.

I am getting the other info requested on Astrology thread. Post later this evening.

Per R. H.'s family:

1) What time on what day did Fontelle report R. H. missing? Answer: 9/28 @ 3:00 CENTRAL time

2) Our understanding is she was still in Missouri and not expected to arrive until Wed. the 29th? Answer: Yes

3) Do we have an absolutely correct confirmed time Harrod was last seen? Answer: R. H. was last seen by the son-in-law at 2:00 p.m. PST at the home in Placentia and the housekeeper arrived at the home at 2:45 p.m.

(Also posted on the Forensic Astrology - CASE REQUESTS only thread)

The POLICE REPORT indicates ... On 07-28-2009 at approximatey 0022 hours (PDST), I was dispatched to the PPD front counter to investigate a possible missing adult.

Upon arrival, I contacted dispatch, who told me the RP, "FH", called from Kansas City, Kansas to report her husband Robert Harrod, missing ...

Per R. H.'s family:

1) What time on what day did Fontelle report R. H. missing? Answer: 9/28 @ 3:00 CENTRAL time

2) Our understanding is she was still in Missouri and not expected to arrive until Wed. the 29th? Answer: Yes

3) Do we have an absolutely correct confirmed time Harrod was last seen? Answer: R. H. was last seen by the son-in-law at 2:00 p.m. PST at the home in Placentia and the housekeeper arrived at the home at 2:45 p.m.

(Also posted on the Forensic Astrology - CASE REQUESTS only thread)

Hi Lynn,

Where did the 2:00 time come from? I never read 2:00. I always thought it was late morning when R.H. was last seen by his son-in-law.

Hi Lynn,

Where did the 2:00 time come from? I never read 2:00. I always thought it was late morning when R.H. was last seen by his son-in-law.

I am also confused as to the later timeline.Is there some kind of documentation pointing to this 2:00 sighting of Robert Harrod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox