CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder more and more about JeM's personality. Was he hot to temper?

What was his relationship with Bob? Was Bob one of those FILs that didn't approve of his SIL?

Bob's best friend and former neighbour described both son-in-law and wife as being closest to Bob and visiting him most often, and how they seemed to be nice people.

Daughter RB described Bob as launching a 'completely uncalled-for, angry tirade' against his son-in-law over the daughters' demands for Bob to produce his deceased wife Georgia's will.

In my opinion all three daughters have -and continue to be - highly protective of son-in-law, while being quite prepared to disparage or even attack their missing father in public. But I think RB slipped up there and gave something away. Unless Son-in-law JeM is an absolute saint, he couldn't have been pleased at being subjected to an 'angry tirade'.

That's if RB's description of what Bob did was fair and accurate, that is.

wonder if a true crime writer would be interested in Mr. H's case?? there is one author I kind of like, she wrote a book about the mom of a guy I went to school with, Everything She Ever Wanted

Hey zwie survey monkey looks interesting, but if the word app is there I am lost

I was lost with apps too, and now I am addicted. They are tricky little things. They only cost $1.99 or something. You get a description, but you can't try before you buy. But $1.99's not much, is it? And with an ipad, once it's set up to buy the things, you just click once and zap, it's done. And if that app doesn't work as you expected - well, $1.99's not much, is it?....That's how it starts. There are often added extras you can buy for the apps you've already brought too.

I've got one that marks routes on maps (no it doesn't). One that paints on maps ( too clumsy) one that writes on photos ( excellent)......etc. I wish we had an app for Bob. That would take a dedicated developer though, and a lot of time. I'm hoping he'll be home before that could happen.

all my flip phone does is make & receive calls - totally clueless on all that other jazz...I still use paper maps in the car lol

Now what would an app do for Bob?

I don't think an app would be the best way to spread the word, unless it was a generic "Missing Persons of America" app where various stories and suspects were listed. If it was just Bob, an average person would not download it as one person/one case typically may not appeal to them unless they see they have some personal connection to it (ie: I've been to California/I live in CA, I'm a war vet too, my grandma is the same age) and want to click on it, download AND take the time to look through it...but a missing persons app might be just the answer.

A quick search on my iPhone shows there are a coupe of missing people type of apps. One is called "Missing." Another "BOLO for iMarshals."

Hi sre- the lady who wrote that book is Ann Rule. (Did you really go to school with one of the sons? Great book) Ann Rule has written at least one book length story about someone who went missing, many years ago, and has not been found. (Will add name if necessary later, remember the story, but not the title, and have to rush now)

yes Ann Rule, I didn't put her name, wasn't sure folks like or think she is wacko, heh
Definitely a book or tv/movie plot...but really need the ending:(

all my flip phone does is make & receive calls - totally clueless on all that other jazz...I still use paper maps in the car lol

Now what would an app do for Bob?

Your flip phone does not just make and recieve calls, sre!

It can tell close to the location whoever last used it was, whether or not that person tried to access the internet, make a call, send a txt (even if there is no txting capable) who its service provider is, whether or not its battery was damaged or destroyed- and likely by what method (water, heat, crush etc) the contact list stored...

Them thar throwaway phones, flip phones, phones without smartphone contracts or capabilities are just like people. Even when gone, they can give up a bunch of info. Just takes a lot of fishing, sometimes in a lot of ponds, to find it.

An app would make Mr. H more findable!

I guess we can never know how the details of the relationship between all the players.

PURE SPECULATION
I was wondering if JeM was considered lacking something by Bob. For example, did JeM not make enough money? Was he not as frugal as Bob would have liked? None of it has to be true, just what Bob perceived.

Let's say Bob and JeM had a good relationship. Great! But maybe Bob always felt that JeM could have been saving more money. Maybe Bob saw JeM's car or house or vacations or whatever as being overly indulgent. Now, they could have still had a great relationship and everything, but the thought that JeM wasn't good with money was always there.

So when the will or trust starts to get discussed maybe JeM says a few things and immediately Bob thinks, "Hey why is he getting involved with this? This is MY family's money and has nothing to do with him, he is just a leech. If he didn't buy X or Y or maybe had gotten a better job this money would mean nothing to him. He is obviously circling like a shark waiting for me to die."

So the next day when JeM comes over and JeM mentions something about the fight the night before...that is the last straw and another heating argument ensues wherein Bob insults JeM. JeM loses his temper as well and takes a swing at Bob.

I can see something similar to this happening.

whatever the case, I would venture to guess Carnation was running over with Stress on Monday, due to more than one factor

With that exuse to go app shopping, off I went. These two look good to me, but there is no way to know if Bob is on them or if I can put him on them, unless I buy them though. I think I should, because they do look very interesting.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/missing-people/id654843499?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/missing/id352471554?mt=8

This one is free but says it is for law enforcement agencies of any type. And that it enables them to upload missing people! They can add photos and GPS co-ords of where the person was last seen too! If he was on it, then we could encourage people to use it.
So Bob really should be on this one. I'm agonizing over this - should I just download it to see if Bob's on it, then try and find an authority to upload his details if he's not? I really don't know what's allowed.

http://appshopper.com/utilities/missing-person

zwie, you are speaking gibberish to me...ha.
what seems to be the protocol for LE submitting info to be on that app? Could LE be notified with a request he be put on there?

whatever the case, I would venture to guess Carnation was running over with Stress on Monday, due to more than one factor

Me too. And stress is exactly what you would expect from family members whose father has gone missing.

What I would not expect is for them to have been cleaning carpets, changing sheets and looking for paperwork, instead of looking for their father.

Different folks, different strokes, as they say......

zwie, you are speaking gibberish to me...ha.
what seems to be the protocol for LE submitting info to be on that app? Could LE be notified with a request he be put on there?

I dunno. It doesn't say. I'll have to download it first. I wonder if Oriah's heard of it?

You know I came in late to this, and I guess I had assumed that the family was needing MORE help in keeping and getting Mr H's face & case out there....so it was rather defeating, sad, frustrating, to realize that does not appear IMHO to be the case.
Why turn the proverbial nose up, so it feels, if it can help find a loved one?
Take that is a rhetorical question, if you will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname