CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, passed it to Mr Z. He sees absolutely no reason why I couldn't download it EXCEPT - you have to have an ipad connected to a cell line, not stuck in the house with a home internet connection like me. It works with GPS co-ordinates.

It actually sounds ideal for Bob to be on this, and for people searching for him to have too - they could check out the gps-co- ordinates of where he was last seen, etc. So all we have to do is find someone who has it and can upload Bob's details, then we can tell all the geocachers etc all about it!

You know I came in late to this, and I guess I had assumed that the family was needing MORE help in keeping and getting Mr H's face & case out there....so it was rather defeating, sad, frustrating, to realize that does not appear IMHO to be the case.
Why turn the proverbial nose up, so it feels, if it can help find a loved one?
Take that is a rhetorical question, if you will...

It's so frustrating- know exactly what you're saying. I came in late too. :(
But there's that other part that overrides, ya know? The part that makes it even more necessary that he's found.

For Georgia, for Fontelle, for Mr. Harrod's daughters, and his inlaws, and his grandchildren...and everyone.
But most of all, for Mr. Harrod.

Luther Vandross - Dance With My Father - YouTube

There's just no working around that Mr. Harrod is every man's father. And he needs to be found.

Okay, passed it to Mr Z. He sees absolutely no reason why I couldn't download it EXCEPT - you have to have an ipad connected to a cell line, not stuck in the house with a home internet connection like me. It works with GPS co-ordinates.

It actually sounds ideal for Bob to be on this, and for people searching for him to have too - they could check out the gps-co- ordinates of where he was last seen, etc. So all we have to do is find someone who has it and can upload Bob's details, then we can tell all the geocachers etc all about it!

Yes! Your home connection is likely a hard line, that you're using a wifi connection off of. Which is your landline, lol. So you've established your very own network. ;)

The app will come through on that network- or else you can download it from another network (even in if 'private') such as your neighbors or the nearest trollybus station- whatever. The provider will still have the connection first. Which is both very important when you think about it- and at the same time not anywhere near as important as the very last connection made to Bob.
Does that make any sense?

yes Ann Rule, I didn't put her name, wasn't sure folks like or think she is wacko, heh
Definitely a book or tv/movie plot...but really need the ending:(

I have a lot of respect for Ann Rule; she does her research and presents her material in an incredibly organised manner.

As a general rule, though, Ann prefers to write about cases only after there has been a conviction. She makes some exceptions, particularly for magazine length articles, but mostly sticks to the solved cases rule for book length cases.

Me too. And stress is exactly what you would expect from family members whose father has gone missing.

What I would not expect is for them to have been cleaning carpets, changing sheets and looking for paperwork, instead of looking for their father.

Different folks, different strokes, as they say......

BBM

Shades of Josh Powell and Scott Peterson there.

You know I came in late to this, and I guess I had assumed that the family was needing MORE help in keeping and getting Mr H's face & case out there....so it was rather defeating, sad, frustrating, to realize that does not appear IMHO to be the case.
Why turn the proverbial nose up, so it feels, if it can help find a loved one?
Take that is a rhetorical question, if you will...

Most families of the missing are willing to do anything, including very humiliating things, if it increases the chances of finding their loved one.

I've known for a long time that so-called psychics circle the families of the missing like vultures. It always puzzled me as to why so many clearly intelligent, well read families would put up with it but then I read something that made it clear. Many families have no belief in psychics at all but in order to get increased media coverage for their loved one, they are willing to put on a show of cooperating with a psychic.

To me, it is just wrong, wrong, wrong for people to have to do embarrassing and humiliating things when they are in a time of great emotional vulnerability. I am sad that we have built our society to function this way.

Springing off your post, Grainne Dhu- I find that predatory psychics are successful in snaring families because families dont want to leave any stone unturned. It is the whole "What if..." Imagine if you declined the services of a psychic and it might have been a game changer....it gets inside of your head.

Most LE accept the tips because it is their job to investigate leads. At least this is in my experience.

I wish desperately that it was a crime for predatory psychics to defraud families of the missing, but I will table that soapbox for another day.

Any media is good media when it comes to the missing-this is one of the first cases I have seen where family is actively trying to squash it. jmvho.

hoping a little bird will pass on a note.....wouldn't Ann Rule be bully good to pull for Mr. H?
Who else would be good?

Oriah, that you tube made me think of Daddy, and him dancing with his '2 left-feet' daughter 'round the living room with Lawrence Welk playing on the B & W Tv.

wouldn't surprise me other daughters & daddies did that in the late 50's- 60's
( and no , him trying to dance to Soul Train is not as a pleasant memory)

I fear that exposure won't help find Bob because I don't believe he's been seen since his family last saw him or that he will be found ...if at all intact. After reading hundreds of blogs and posts by family (they DO read here)...
1) I think the meeting was to show and inform the girls of his new will and its changes
(I think the day of was spent hunting down every scrap of paper or file showing such)
2) I think he was smothered in bed because of his glasses and unmade bed
(jm wanted sheets and or changed them)
3) or drowned in his tub, and/or evidence washed away
4) the trip to Home Depot to get a new tub, completely discarding all forensic evidence
Under the guise of "unhandicapping" it.
5) Mr. Harrod was taken to the exact same spot their mother was to be together
(away from FH)
I can't prove any of it. But, I would spend every day doing so if I was LE

Oriah, that you tube made me think of Daddy, and him dancing with his '2 left-feet' daughter 'round the living room with Lawrence Welk playing on the B & W Tv.

wouldn't surprise me other daughters & daddies did that in the late 50's- 60's
( and no , him trying to dance to Soul Train is not as a pleasant memory)

That's me and my daddy. Mine used to listen when I practiced piano, and then come and tell me how wonderful I was (despite a LOT of mistakes :) )
Ah oh boy, did we run from Mama to Dad! and each always backed the other up.

I wonder how Bob and Georgia backed one another up re: their children's personal situations- financial and otherwise.

I fear that exposure won't help find Bob because I don't believe he's been seen since his family did or that will be found ...intact. after reading hundreds of blogs and posts by family (they DO read here)
1) I think the meeting was to show and inform of his will and its changes
2) I think he was smothered in bed because of his glasses and unmade bed (jm wanted sheets and or changed them.
3) or drowned in his tub, and/or evidence washed away
4) the trip to Home Depot to get a new tub, completely discarding all forensic evidence
Under the guise of "unhandicapping" it.
5) Mr. Harrod was taken to the exact same spot their mother was to be together (away from FH)
I can't prove any of it. But, I would spend every day doing so if I was LE

Hi mahouston and thank you so much for visiting Mr. Harrod's thread!

I agree, it may be Mr. Harrod is never located. Sometimes all that is left of a person is evidence of them being left somewhere that they will not ever be easily located, or even ever possibly located. :(

Could you explain more what you mean about this:

5) Mr. Harrod was taken to the exact same spot their mother was to be together (away from FH)

Thank you so much for being here.

O

ohmy gosh, the piano and the cello & drum & riding & art lessons LOL God bless them their patience

I wonder if Mr H patiently endured that type of stuff and oh teaching girls to drive?!? Bless his heart!

Ya know I found this -Hmm

Missouri
“Show Me State” A name attributed to Representative Willard Van Diver. It conotates a certain self-deprecating stubbornness and devotion to simple common sense.

"stubbornness and devotion to simple common sense. "

Oh my! If that don't say it all, I don't know what does.

ohmy gosh, the piano and the cello & drum & riding & art lessons LOL God bless them their patience

I wonder if Mr H patiently endured that type of stuff and oh teaching girls to drive?!? Bless his heart!

Ya know I found this -Hmm

Missouri
“Show Me State” A name attributed to Representative Willard Van Diver. It conotates a certain self-deprecating stubbornness and devotion to simple common sense.

Oh my! Piano and guitars and dogs and gardens- everything under the sun including rocks, I was going to be a vet and a rock vet and a tree vet possibly a garden vet- and tree climbing and baseball and driving (I was actually good at that) but when I wasn't, my daddy smiled and just said let's try that again.

I have no idea what Mr. H was truly like as a dad- but I sure hope his kids had a similar experience, you know?

Hi mahouston and thank you so much for visiting Mr. Harrod's thread!

I agree, it may be Mr. Harrod is never located. Sometimes all that is left of a person is evidence of them being left somewhere that they will not ever be easily located, or even ever possibly located. :(

Could you explain more what you mean about this:

Thank you so much for being here.

O

Where they spread her ashes, and had her memorial so they would forever be together. It would be a sick sort of twisted peace for them as she did not have a grave to visit either. Keeping him from being buried or cremated with Fontelle. Something they probably couldn't fathom..their father being happy and enjoying his money. I believe he is weighted down in that very water. Sadly.

wasn't Mrs. Harrod's ashes scattered at sea? Did I read that some where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member