CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some lingering questions -- and these are all JMO, and I should add, perhaps not for the faint of heart.

1) Was Bob garroted/strangled, or was his neck simply broken? I have always assumed that this was a murder committed without blunt force, and with the victim taken from behind, considering the relationship that must have existed between murderer and victim.

2) Did daughter J see Bob dead? Or did SiL J (and perhaps grandson AH) take care of disposing of Bob's body? Considering all we know about daughter J's psychology, I have wondered if she insisted on seeing the body, or if she insisted on her wishes being carried out without her as a witness.

3) Did the daughters remove all of the belongings of their father that they had wanted? Did they have time to adequately denude Bob and Fontelle's house?

4) How long was the meeting on the night before Bob's murder? Was there any real debate? Did AH know that he was going to be hosting such a meeting? How was all of that handled?

5) Who talked to whom on the evening of the 26th and the morning of the 27th? It sounds like Bob was flooded with phone calls from a bunch of his family of whom he had begged distance, just previously. Did any or all of those calls raise alarm with Bob?

6) Has any Harrod daughter sought legal counsel outside of their 'Harrod Trust' representation? I still think that there is one of them who might be wanting to pursue the financial and spiritual security of having come clean, but it is so hard to guess.

7) Now that the daughters have, it would seem to me, sorted out any property-related issues with their father's estate, has there been any further activity on their part regarding publicity about their father's case? Have the efforts of any of them to bring resolution in their father's case increased since the mundane financial matters have been sorted?

8) Given all of the awful things that the daughters said about Bob after he disappeared, and given how those statements have not (surprise, surprise) garnered more attention to his case -- have any of them retracted any of those insults, or perhaps tried to paint a more sympathetic portrait of Bob (or Fontelle, or their relationship) to inspire more investigation?

9) Have we heard anything formally about LDTs that were requested for, oh, say, JM, JM, AH, RB, or PB? By now, I'm sure we should have read something about how so-and-so has passed a polygraph -- or have we been lazy in our research?

10) For anyone familiar with their ongoing statements, what direction(s) is/are the Harrod daughters hoping/expecting that LE will pursue? Are they still suggesting cold feet? Or those who have been cleared by LE?

Some lingering questions -- and these are all JMO, and I should add, perhaps not for the faint of heart.

1) Was Bob garroted/strangled, or was his neck simply broken? I have always assumed that this was a murder committed without blunt force, and with the victim taken from behind, considering the relationship that must have existed between murderer and victim.

2) Did daughter J see Bob dead? Or did SiL J (and perhaps grandson AH) take care of disposing of Bob's body? Considering all we know about daughter J's psychology, I have wondered if she insisted on seeing the body, or if she insisted on her wishes being carried out without her as a witness.

3) Did the daughters remove all of the belongings of their father that they had wanted? Did they have time to adequately denude Bob and Fontelle's house?

4) How long was the meeting on the night before Bob's murder? Was there any real debate? Did AH know that he was going to be hosting such a meeting? How was all of that handled?

5) Who talked to whom on the evening of the 26th and the morning of the 27th? It sounds like Bob was flooded with phone calls from a bunch of his family of whom he had begged distance, just previously. Did any or all of those calls raise alarm with Bob?

6) Has any Harrod daughter sought legal counsel outside of their 'Harrod Trust' representation? I still think that there is one of them who might be wanting to pursue the financial and spiritual security of having come clean, but it is so hard to guess.

7) Now that the daughters have, it would seem to me, sorted out any property-related issues with their father's estate, has there been any further activity on their part regarding publicity about their father's case? Have the efforts of any of them to bring resolution in their father's case increased since the mundane financial matters have been sorted?

8) Given all of the awful things that the daughters said about Bob after he disappeared, and given how those statements have not (surprise, surprise) garnered more attention to his case -- have any of them retracted any of those insults, or perhaps tried to paint a more sympathetic portrait of Bob (or Fontelle, or their relationship) to inspire more investigation?

9) Have we heard anything formally about LDTs that were requested for, oh, say, JM, JM, AH, RB, or PB? By now, I'm sure we should have read something about how so-and-so has passed a polygraph -- or have we been lazy in our research?

10) For anyone familiar with their ongoing statements, what direction(s) is/are the Harrod daughters hoping/expecting that LE will pursue? Are they still suggesting cold feet? Or those who have been cleared by LE?

Section BBM
Montjoy, perhaps I've missed something, but to this date I have seen no active efforts to publicize Robert Harrod's disappearance by the daughters. There was an ad placed in the OC Register by someone unrelated to the family or case, I believe on Jan 28 and 29th. It's a sad state of affairs when a stranger seems to care more than a family member! IMO.

Section BBM
Montjoy, perhaps I've missed something, but to this date I have seen no active efforts to publicize Robert Harrod's disappearance by the daughters. There was an ad placed in the OC Register by someone unrelated to the family or case, I believe on Jan 28 and 29th. It's a sad state of affairs when a stranger seems to care more than a family member! IMO.

No one missed anything.

"RB says she is reluctant to talk to the media because she's been unfairly represented. But, she says, she is determined to find out what happened to her father."

What about the way RB and her sisters have "represented" Mr. Harrod, the hairdresser, Fontelle and others on internet forums? They won't talk to the media but will post garbage on the WWW that does nothing in finding their father.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

Section BBM

"J and J M**haels, contacted through RB, would not comment for this story."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html?pic=11#article-read

There were three happy endings yesterday, three kids that were found safe. I wish that today someone finds Bob and brings him home. He and the people that love him, deserve at least that.

No one missed anything.

"RB says she is reluctant to talk to the media because she's been unfairly represented. But, she says, she is determined to find out what happened to her father."

What about the way RB and her sisters have "represented" Mr. Harrod, the hairdresser, Fontelle and others on internet forums? They won't talk to the media but will post garbage on the WWW that does nothing in finding their father.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

Putting aside the nasty things that have been said about their "missing" father, can anyone take issue with the things the media have put forward about Bob? And what, really, has 'the media' ever said about RB, or for that matter, JM or PB?

I'm trying to imagine myself as some sort of distant cousin, or friend, or someone, who cares about Bob but has no feelings about how estate issues are sorted. (I'm not, but I posit this for speculation.) Because I care about Bob, I follow the case -- and let's say, I'm sensitive to how his family is depicted. Now, I have watched this case unfold, and I'm trying to figure out -- how has the family been portrayed negatively in the media? I have re-read the media information on this case countless times, and all I can see is this: a sympathetic, thoughtful, careful, and conservative disclosure of verifiable facts.

And so, one must wonder: what makes anyone think that the media have been unfair here? Is someone oversensitive? Did someone cut too close to the bone (perhaps tied to the oversensitivity)?

Of course, all of us wish that there was more media attention to this case. I also think that many are surprised that this case hasn't drawn more attention, as this is exactly the sort of story that has legs for television news. Notwithstanding, I must stand aside from the Harrod daughters, and say that the quality of the media coverage for this case has been exceptional. I must defend the professionalism of the media in the coverage that they have provided for this case: anyone can see what the story is through the details they have provided, impartially.

If I must take issue with the media here, it will be on totally different grounds from the Harrod daughters. Myself, I cannot fathom how anyone could let a story like this pass onto the back pages for so long; on the other hand, I don't quite know what Bob's daughters have done to keep their father's murder/disappearance from dissolving into nothingness.

Long story short, statements like that Angelo quoted above should be the softballs that are hit out of the park by journalists, TracKRS, journalist graduate students, websleuthers, and just Joe/Jane on the street.

Does anyone have any links to how the media has depicted the family? How were they 'unfair'? And do we have any links to how family members have depicted their missing/dead/murdered father? How do these compare?

We have missed you Montjoy.

As to the clean out of the house-there have been two additional trips by RB to clean out the boxes in the garage. It took two trips. While there were no obscenities thrown around these times, there was quite a bit of trash left on the front lawn of Carnation drive...the boxes were inspected one by one and there have been some statements made by RB as to the quality of the items contained within. She is not apparently favorably disposed towards the bounty they fought so hard to get to.

Ah well...what is that quote about the spoils of war?

Mr. Harrod continues to sit wherever his resting place is-it is abundantly clear that given the treatment of his possessions and his home, there is no chance he will return able to enjoy what he worked so hard to accumulate. The despoiling of his world is painful to watch, no matter how entitled his family feels to all of the things that are rightfully his...including his money.

He will surface when the time is right-missing people always do. Hopefully it will be in the lifetime of his beloved bride and she will have the small satisfaction of bringing him home to wherever she is-at least she knows that the final choice he made was a life with her...

The thanks button is not enough to convey my sentiments about the last 2 paragraphs of the preceding post.

As a former employer of mine used to say: "It's a long road that doesn't have a bend in it." Or one could say what goes around, comes around. Karma really is a ...//Whoever is responsible for whatever happened to Bob will "get theirs" sooner or later, preferably sooner, IMO.

This is all so sad that perfect strangers seem to care more about this missing gentleman than so many related to him, again IMO.

Putting aside the nasty things that have been said about their "missing" father, can anyone take issue with the things the media have put forward about Bob? And what, really, has 'the media' ever said about RB, or for that matter, JM or PB?

Does anyone have any links to how the media has depicted the family? How were they 'unfair'? And do we have any links to how family members have depicted their missing/dead/murdered father? How do these compare?

<respectfully snipped>

Going through all the media links at the beginning of the thread, there was NOTHING negative said about the family at all. I only read/ hear sympathetic, unbiased reporting including any mention of the daughters.

There are plenty of denigrating, disrespectful and contemptuous statements towards their father made by the daughters on the web (unfortunately the ISthread was removed) but I think we have all read them. There is absolutely NO validity to RB's assertion. It's one more ploy to manipulate the truth. IMO.

We have missed you Montjoy.

As to the clean out of the house-there have been two additional trips by RB to clean out the boxes in the garage. It took two trips. While there were no obscenities thrown around these times, there was quite a bit of trash left on the front lawn of Carnation drive...the boxes were inspected one by one and there have been some statements made by RB as to the quality of the items contained within.

She is not apparently favorably disposed towards the bounty they fought so hard to get to.

~Snipped and BBM~

That sentence brings to mind something RB posted on the WWW shortly after her father disappeared. She is posting about her missing father's refrigerator/freezer.

"BTW we checked the refrigerator freezer -- it was full of Banquet Dinners! (Yuk!)"

~Snipped and BBM~

That sentence brings to mind something RB posted on the WWW shortly after her father disappeared. She is posting about her missing father's refrigerator/freezer.

"BTW we checked the refrigerator freezer -- it was full of Banquet Dinners! (Yuk!)"

This is a prime example of them not getting it-I mean he was a widower of advanced age...why not state that it was full of the home cooked meals she would drop off regularly?

Too late-she said what she said.

I am still stunned by the callousness of her going over to pick at the bones, so to speak, by herself. Monumental task. All alone with the exception of her ex husband I believe....but that wasnt until the third occasion. At least she had some support that time.

This is a prime example of them not getting it-I mean he was a widower of advanced age...why not state that it was full of the home cooked meals she would drop off regularly?

Too late-she said what she said.

I am still stunned by the callousness of her going over to pick at the bones, so to speak, by herself. Monumental task. All alone with the exception of her ex husband I believe....but that wasnt until the third occasion. At least she had some support that time.

Perhaps no one wanted to return to the scene of the crime.

I have never heard that SIL went back to Mr. Harrod's house after July 27, 2009. His wife J did. She was there on July 28&29, 2009. I wonder if she slept there alone the night before Fontelle arrived. Strange that her husband wasn't there with her considering the events he said he witnessed on July 27, 2009. Also, IIRC, he never did finish those "home repairs." If daughter J was at the house to prepare for Fontelle's arrival, why didn't SIL accompany her?

On August 2, 2009, daughter J posted on the forum ROTW that she was "at peace" and had " handed this to God".

Strange comments. This is less than a week after her father disappeared.

<respectfully snipped>

Going through all the media links at the beginning of the thread, there was NOTHING negative said about the family at all. I only read/ hear sympathetic, unbiased reporting including any mention of the daughters.

There are plenty of denigrating, disrespectful and contemptuous statements towards their father made by the daughters on the web (unfortunately the ISthread was removed) but I think we have all read them. There is absolutely NO validity to RB's assertion. It's one more ploy to manipulate the truth. IMO.

Exactly. In my opinion, when you line up all of the posts on various forums in date order, incorporate those into the timeline, and analyze the content, it tells the story. I would guess the appropriate law enforcement authorities have most if not all of this information, whether it’s been “deleted” from the internet or not.

I think we have witnessed some serious dysfunction, e.g. narcissism, arrogance, and emotional manipulation at play here. This may lead certain parties to try and manipulate and control, and think they can get away with a serious crime, i.e. principals and/or accessories after the fact.

As much as they want it to, this will not go away until Bob is brought home and there is justice.

California Law

(a)The penalty for a defendant who is found guilty of murder in the first degree is death or imprisonment in the state prison for life without the possibility of parole if one or more of the following special circumstances has been found under Section 190.4 to be true:

(1)The murder was intentional and carried out for financial gain.

[snipped]

(c)Every person, not the actual killer, who, with the intent to kill, aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces, solicits, requests, or assists any actor in the commission of murder in the first degree shall be punished by death or imprisonment in the state prison for life without the possibility of parole if one or more of the special circumstances enumerated in subdivision (a) has been found to be true under Section 190.4.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/PEN/3/1/8/1/s190.2

Every person who, after a felony has been committed, harbors, conceals or aids a principal in such felony, with the intent that, said principal may avoid or escape from arrest, trial, conviction or punishment, having knowledge that said principal has committed such felony or has been charged with such felony or convicted thereof, is an accessory to such felony.

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/32.html

[snipped]

As to the clean out of the house-there have been two additional trips by RB to clean out the boxes in the garage. It took two trips. While there were no obscenities thrown around these times, there was quite a bit of trash left on the front lawn of Carnation drive...the boxes were inspected one by one and there have been some statements made by RB as to the quality of the items contained within. She is not apparently favorably disposed towards the bounty they fought so hard to get to.
[snipped]

Thanks for the update. Do you know if she seemed baffled, traumatized, emotionally paralyzed, in painful limbo, or exhausted in CA?

On August 2, 2009, daughter J posted on the forum ROTW that she was "at peace" and had " handed this to God".

Strange comments. This is less than a week after her father disappeared.

And so now, a year and a half later, do the Harrod children have "peace"? Have they found their father or is he lying in dirt somewhere in a cold and forboding place? Have they "handed this to God" today? If so, IMO God would have them go and do the right thing ......

The housekeeper phoned Mr. Harrod the morning of July 27, 2009 and he told her to come.

If Mr. Harrod was expecting a visit from SIL to carry out "home repairs" you would think he would have said something to the housekeeper when she called. At the very least Mr. Harrod would have told SIL she was coming.

I wonder if the housekeeper told the police that SIL was surprised to see her at the house. Bet she did.

BBM~~~~

I believe the same. I believe Mr. Harrod was surprised by an unexpected visitor. Mr. Harrod may have tried to reach safety and/or fought back which may have required more force to be used than originally planned, thus the need for "home repairs."

bbm~~~~

i believe the same. I believe mr. Harrod was surprised by an unexpected visitor. Mr. Harrod may have tried to reach safety and/or fought back which may have required more force to be used than originally planned, thus the need for "home repairs."

bbm

BINGO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members