CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some lingering questions -- and these are all JMO, and I should add, perhaps not for the faint of heart.

1) Was Bob garroted/strangled, or was his neck simply broken? I have always assumed that this was a murder committed without blunt force, and with the victim taken from behind, considering the relationship that must have existed between murderer and victim.

2) Did daughter J see Bob dead? Or did SiL J (and perhaps grandson AH) take care of disposing of Bob's body? Considering all we know about daughter J's psychology, I have wondered if she insisted on seeing the body, or if she insisted on her wishes being carried out without her as a witness.

3) Did the daughters remove all of the belongings of their father that they had wanted? Did they have time to adequately denude Bob and Fontelle's house?

4) How long was the meeting on the night before Bob's murder? Was there any real debate? Did AH know that he was going to be hosting such a meeting? How was all of that handled?

5) Who talked to whom on the evening of the 26th and the morning of the 27th? It sounds like Bob was flooded with phone calls from a bunch of his family of whom he had begged distance, just previously. Did any or all of those calls raise alarm with Bob?

6) Has any Harrod daughter sought legal counsel outside of their 'Harrod Trust' representation? I still think that there is one of them who might be wanting to pursue the financial and spiritual security of having come clean, but it is so hard to guess.

7) Now that the daughters have, it would seem to me, sorted out any property-related issues with their father's estate, has there been any further activity on their part regarding publicity about their father's case? Have the efforts of any of them to bring resolution in their father's case increased since the mundane financial matters have been sorted?

8) Given all of the awful things that the daughters said about Bob after he disappeared, and given how those statements have not (surprise, surprise) garnered more attention to his case -- have any of them retracted any of those insults, or perhaps tried to paint a more sympathetic portrait of Bob (or Fontelle, or their relationship) to inspire more investigation?

9) Have we heard anything formally about LDTs that were requested for, oh, say, JM, JM, AH, RB, or PB? By now, I'm sure we should have read something about how so-and-so has passed a polygraph -- or have we been lazy in our research?

10) For anyone familiar with their ongoing statements, what direction(s) is/are the Harrod daughters hoping/expecting that LE will pursue? Are they still suggesting cold feet? Or those who have been cleared by LE?

RB, August 22, 2009
"Did someone say polygraph again? Me first, me first, I wanna do it!

I don't think PPD has the resources but would be glad to see EVERYBODY have a polygraph! Yes indeed!"

RB never did post on the WWW her polygraph results.

We know polygraphs were offered. We know some took polygraphs and some did not. I think we can guess the persons who did not.

RB, August 22, 2009
"Did someone say polygraph again? Me first, me first, I wanna do it!

I don't think PPD has the resources but would be glad to see EVERYBODY have a polygraph! Yes indeed!"

RB never did post on the WWW her polygraph results.

We know polygraphs were offered. We know some took polygraphs and some did not. I think we can guess the persons who did not.

Yeah, perhaps the person who eagerly said she would take one early on when she thought PPD didn't have the resources, had no choice but to take it when offered later in late 2009. I wonder if results showed deception.

You would think in the dozens of posts made since she would have at least stated that all family members (herself, SIL, her two sisters, and Bob's grandson) had voluntarily taken polygraphs when offered. Particularly SIL, the last known person to have seen Bob alive.

The polygraphs, the polygraphs...we know that any of the daughters who took one and had conclusive positive results would have posted them, given how forthcoming they have been to date.

Just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo
bbm~~~~

i believe the same. I believe mr. Harrod was surprised by an unexpected visitor. Mr. Harrod may have tried to reach safety and/or fought back which may have required more force to be used than originally planned, thus the need for "home repairs."

bbm

BINGO!!!!!

Yep! Yeppers! There are days I think there will be a calm before the storm with Bobs case. It's been quiet lately, but when Bob is ready to make himself known I believe it will be with a voice as loud, quick and swift as a tsunami.

JMHO of course.

I wonder if the things taken from Bob's house will be sold. I picture them going through everything, taking what they want, then tagging the rest in preparation for a 2-day yard sale to get cash.

http://www.levintel.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/vultures.gif

On another note, someone suggested contacting investigative reporters in the CA area. Good idea I thought as this case could use a reporter who will do the research and digging. I found a handful of contacts and sent requests.

I wonder if the things taken from Bob's house will be sold. I picture them going through everything, taking what they want, then tagging the rest in preparation for a 2-day yard sale to get cash.

On another note, someone suggested contacting investigative reporters in the CA area. Good idea I thought as this case could use a reporter who will do the research and digging. I found a handful of contacts and sent requests.

LOLOL!!!!! Perfect!!!!! Oh, and thanks for contacting those reporters!!

Great.....I hope one of them takes on this case.

What amazes me is how people from coast to coast, who have never met Mr. Harrod, seem to care more about what happened to him than his family of up to 55 consecutive years.

On August 15, 2009 daughter J posted on ROTW:

"We still have not heard any news yet. One thing we know is the my dad's home has been ruled out as a crime scene. Our next concern is who picked him up?"

Other than daughter J's post, I have never heard that Mr. Harrod's house was ruled out as a crime scene. One has to ask, was J posting misinformation to make it look as though her husband had been cleared.

J then goes on to write that their next concern is who picked Mr. Harrod up. Again, her husband had nothing to do with the disappearance and someone must have picked Mr. Harrod up.

I do wish SIL would speak to the media and clear up the timeline. It would be helpful for the investigation.

So the final clean out...well perhaps not so smooth. There was lunging and screaming and requests for police...it was a small amount of mayhem. The good news is that RB was not alone this time or with the earlier visit, so she found someone to actually have her back.

I have to believe that the deed is done at this point and there will be no need for additional trips to Carnation unless they are looking after their "tenant" and her interests.

:( So sad.

So the final clean out...well perhaps not so smooth. There was lunging and screaming and requests for police...it was a small amount of mayhem. The good news is that RB was not alone this time or with the earlier visit, so she found someone to actually have her back.

I have to believe that the deed is done at this point and there will be no need for additional trips to Carnation unless they are looking after their "tenant" and her interests.

It is sad.

I wonder what brought on the lunging and screaming. Thank god Fontelle was not there.

It would be nice to see some of this strong emotion from Bobs family of up to 55 consecutive years directed towards solving his missing persons case rather than soley at Bobs possessions.

It's been weighing heavy on my mind the last few days why SIL JM never completed the repairs he started at Bobs home. IIRC he left a note that he'd be back to finish the repairs the following day. Why then did he NOT follow through and finish what he started working on in the home? the only thing that makes sense is he knew his wife was there and would be questioned thus their statements would likely contradict each others because imo ( more lies to remember between the two JM's) and JM knew when he left Carnation Monday July 27th Bob would not be back.

JMO

ETA: IF there was no involvement by SIL JM in Bobs disappearance there was no reason for him not to return to the home on Tuesday to finish the 'odd jobs' he began around the home on Monday. So why did he not return with his wife on Tuesday?

bbm

..requests for police....

Why? If RB was there with someone else and just picking up more boxes, what and why was going on?

It would be nice to see some of this strong emotion from Bobs family of up to 55 consecutive years directed towards solving his missing persons case rather than soley at Bobs possessions.

It's been weighing heavy on my mind the last few days why SIL JM never completed the repairs he started at Bobs home. IIRC he left a note that he'd be back to finish the repairs the following day. Why then did he NOT follow through and finish what he started working on in the home? the only thing that makes sense is he knew his wife was there and would be questioned thus their statements would likely contradict each others because imo ( more lies to remember between the two JM's) and JM knew when he left Carnation Monday July 27th Bob would not be back.

JMO

ETA: IF there was no involvement by SIL JM in Bobs disappearance there was no reason for him not to return to the home on Tuesday to finish the 'odd jobs' he began around the home on Monday. So why did he not return with his wife on Tuesday?

That's pretty much it in a nutshell, isnt it? :-(

Bumping for you, Bob. Thinking about you today. You belong on the first page!

So in the last two months, it would seem one or more of the daughters have:

1. Filed a civil suit against the hairdresser (filed in OC on January 24, 2011)
  2. Made multiple trips to Bob’s house to remove most of his possessions
  3. Hired a private investigator
  4. Updated the Facebook Info page advising page visitors to contact their PI “with any information that will help solve this mystery”
  5. Filed a notice of hearing with proof of mailing regarding the Trust Proceedings
  6. Posted on a community forum about being retired, completing taxes, taking Pilates, the weather, high vet costs, and the high cost of tires these days
There does not appear to be any evidence they have:

1. Posted or distributed any missing person fliers
  2. Held any vigils
  3. Contacted any media to raise awareness
http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163033261&sk=wall#!/profile.php?id=100000163033261&sk=info
http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166

:eek:

They have been busy. It concerns me to see a lawsuit against a material witness (presumably) in their father's case. One who has been cleared unequivocally by Law Enforcement. So we know that the civil filing has nothing to do with responsibility for any aspect of Bob's case....so why would the family of Bob Harrod file suit against someone who showed such compassion to their dying mother that she made trips to Carnation Drive to do Georgia's hair?

The pilates, vet bills had me ROARING, until I realized that this was one of the women who has benefited from this trust-I mean I have to assume anyway. I cant imagine SSDI pays so well you can afford a lifestyle that encompasses 10-15K vet bills and pilates. Perhaps she has the Mari Windsor DVD's like I do.

So in the last two months, it would seem one or more of the daughters have:

1. Filed a civil suit against the hairdresser (filed in OC on January 24, 2011)
  1. Made multiple trips to Bob’s house to remove most of his possessions
  2. Hired a private investigator
  3. Updated the Facebook Info page advising page visitors to contact their PI “with any information that will help solve this mystery”
  4. Filed a notice of hearing with proof of mailing regarding the Trust Proceedings
  5. Posted on a community forum about being retired, completing taxes, taking Pilates, the weather, high vet costs, and the high cost of tires these days
There does not appear to be any evidence they have:

1. Posted or distributed any missing person fliers
  2. Held any vigils
  3. Contacted any media to raise awareness
http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163033261&sk=wall#!/profile.php?id=100000163033261&sk=info
http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166

Let me guess, they are going after money their father gave the hairdresser when he was alive.

That speaks volumes about what is important to them. Shouldn't they be filing a suit against the GS as well?

Let me guess, they are going after money their father gave the hairdresser when he was alive.

That speaks volumes about what is important to them. Shouldn't they be filing a suit against the GS as well?

That'll probably come next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member