CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we are almost two years out from the day Mr. Harrod disappeared.

<snip>

JuM posted a few days ago on another forum that her hubby had been "fishing and going going going with new friends."

Hopefully hubby, JeM, found time to fit in a polygraph.

Respectfully snipped by me.

So nice JeM has so many new friends. Bob didn't get the chance to spend time with his new friends, that was taken away from him.

and yes JeM, please do tell! If truly innocent why not take that poly and clear your name so police and the PI your sil's hired can focus on finding the actual person who harmed your fil.

JMO - but I couldn't imagine how it would feel knowing what I did to my spouses parent, my childrens grandparent and my grandchildrens great grandparent. If I were truly innocent I wouldn't leave the PD until I was given a poly and my name were cleared. Once cleared, I'd be pounding pavement until my feet were raw and I couldn't walk anymore to find my missing family member.

What a heavy burden to carry. Perhaps these new friends help take waiting on the forensics to come back off his mind. Maybe enjoying the limited freedom he has left........

JMO

SIL has new friends? Did he get those the normal way or did he threaten them and use blackmail? Did he steal Bob's old friends?

So, searching online I found a touching tribute to Bob's first wife, Georgia, compiled by Bob's daughter JM, on Youtube --

YouTube - &#x202a;IntuitiveJules's Channel&#x202c;&rlm;

I've been able to find some other recent videos by her, but I'm wondering if anyone with better 'internet skills' could find a video about her missing father, Bob. There must be one out there, one would think, and it would be nice to see and link.

Thanks for the link Montjoy. Out of the 9 videos posted since Bob "went missing," none include a reference or mention of her father.

Handsome family. I wonder what Georgia's take on all of this would be? I wonder how she would feel about the cooperation, or lack there of, of the squabbling over her seasonal decorations, of the troubling accusations regarding incest and of the lack of searching for Bob?

Was theirs a happy marriage I wonder? Ah well. She and Bob know the truth-I am hoping Mrs Harrod gets some answers soon. :(

Thanks for the link Montjoy. Out of the 9 videos posted since Bob "went missing," none include a reference or mention of her father.

Ok, so it sounds like you found the same 'channel' (?) that had the video about Georgia, a couple of videos about weather/geography, a few videos about dogs? I'm no expert in home video tributes, but I think that whoever put together those pet dog videos could probably compose a lovely video about Bob.

It's been almost two years now. Mr. Harrod's remains are out there somewhere. If his body was buried most of his skeletal should be in the same place and not scattered, unless dug up by animals.

Mr. Harrod deserves to be found.

Different information posted on different message boards by the three daughters.

On August 11, 2009, daughter P posted on IS forum:

"The changing of the locks was my suggestion as I was concerned to F's safety from the POI."

On the same day daughter J posted on a different forum, ROTW:

"His new wife has changed all the locks, so if he tries to return he will not be able to get back in with his keys."

On August 11, 2009, daughter R posted on IS:

"The "possible" crime scene and it's contents have constantly been at risk, and that must change. Proposed conservators and our attorney are increasingly concerned."

Four days later, on a different forum, ROTW, daughter J posted:

"We still have not heard any news yet. One thing we know is the my dad's home has been ruled out as a crime scene. Our next concern is who picked him up?"

Thank you for the above post! And thank you to daughter P for her concern!

Here are two additional quotes from articles published about Bob and family:

Published: Oct. 8, 2009 By ADAM TOWNSEND
The Orange County Register

"Fontelle Harrod said several days after Bob Harrod disappeared, his three daughters came to his house where Fontelle was staying and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets.

According to records from Orange County Probate Court, R and P filed a petition for conservatorship to gain control of their father's assets Aug. 7.

Fontelle Harrod is contesting the action and is still living in Bob Harrod's house, with the locks changed."

February 2, 2010 | 9:27 p.m. By Paloma Esquivel L.A. Times (a follow up article written a few months later.)
“But if he wanted to leave, he left little trace of the decision. His wallet and keys were gone but his car, glasses and credit cards were left behind. He made no large withdrawals from his bank accounts before he disappeared -- and no withdrawals since,” said Det. Corinne Loomis, PPD, who has worked on the case.

From Teamer: Just a reminder that Fontelle is legally blind and new in town. (Under the circumstances, IMO I would have changed the locks, too)

Father's Day is tomorrow. It would be nice if one of Mr. Harrod's daughters used the day to bring attention to her dad's disappearance.

Father's Day is tomorrow. It would be nice if one of Mr. Harrod's daughters used the day to bring attention to her dad's disappearance.

Yeah, maybe the SIL can canvass OC again posting fliers. With the corrected weight of course, because we know how important that is to finding Bob.

From Jules post:

I wish I could post more about him but we were advised during an open investigation not to discuss what is transpiring.

http://www.rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/82400

She's full of it. There is a big difference between getting the word out and keeping a missing persons name and face in the publics eye and sharing any information that may hinder the investigation. Honestly, it sounds like a lame excuse for not participating in the search for her missing father yet having to mention him and his existance on Fathers day. Sad, very very sad.

And how convenient for her to choose to link to an outdated MP flier that still lists her father as missing voluntarily when we all know PPD is investigating her fathers disappearance as a possible homicide. Does she really think that she can just casually bypass that reality with her friends on ROTW? She must think they are fools.

PPD's flier list Bob missing under unknown circumstances:
http://www.placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

Police have looked at flight and phone records, bank statements, address books and more to figure out what happened -- to no avail. They're now treating the case as a possible homicide.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/2

the same article also indicates Bob had to PAY each of his daughters to leave him alone for 6 months. Sad a father would have to pay his children to leave him alone and they could not respect his wishes both prior to and after his reuniting with Fontelle.

Happy Fathers Day Bob -

My heart breaks to think you should be enjoying fathers day with children who respected you and your wishes. You should be looking forward to celebrating your 2nd wedding anniversary in a few weeks.

We are still seeking justice for you and praying those responsible for your disappearance and murder are brought to justice. It will happen, just a matter of when.

Happy Fathers Day Bob -

My heart breaks to think you should be enjoying fathers day with children who respected you and your wishes. You should be looking forward to celebrating your 2nd wedding anniversary in a few weeks.

We are still seeking justice for you and praying those responsible for your disappearance and murder are brought to justice. It will happen, just a matter of when.

Ditto.

From Jules post:

I wish I could post more about him but we were advised during an open investigation not to discuss what is transpiring.

http://www.rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/82400

She's full of it. There is a big difference between getting the word out and keeping a missing persons name and face in the publics eye and sharing any information that may hinder the investigation. Honestly, it sounds like a lame excuse for not participating in the search for her missing father yet having to mention him and his existance on Fathers day. Sad, very very sad.

And how convenient for her to choose to link to an outdated MP flier that still lists her father as missing voluntarily when we all know PPD is investigating her fathers disappearance as a possible homicide. Does she really think that she can just casually bypass that reality with her friends on ROTW? She must think they are fools.

PPD's flier list Bob missing under unknown circumstances:
http://www.placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

[snipped]

Exactly. That excuse is all smoke and mirrors, IMO. In the meantime, there is fishing to do and a trip to the Grand Canyon to be planned, don't ya know?

I would guess that flier was linked because it's the only one that doesn't reference her husband as being the last known person to have seen Bob alive.

Hmmm-I am confused. I expected that Father's Day and Bob's approaching anniversary would spark some productive requests for attention to Bob's case. I know Cubby's post 109 touched on a blog named ROTW, which is a reference for people who live "uth" or up the hill. A member of Bob's family posts actively on the blog, in view of everyone on the www. Check out this strange exchange:

Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 05:47 PM

Yes, prayers for your dad Jules. And I guess there is one thing that can be updated...it's no longer considered a 'voluntary missing' case as was first. It has been upgraded to a homicide investigation, so there has at least been some progress made.

Remove Message

Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 07:42 PM

Herald,
Please send me the link that is supposed to have changed the Department of Justice page to make my father's investigation as a homicide case. Now, I want to see it in writing & who the heck are you to be informed prior to a family member.

I have a feeling you might be one of the trolls from the Dark Side of the Internet.

How dare you imply my father was murdered. Yes, it is possible/probable, but to post such a thing on father's day says much about you.

Until we hear otherwise I am not going to accuse the person that is of interest to the police. The investigation is highly confidential and you have no idea what is transpiring behind the scenes.

Either post the link by the police department or the link to the Department of Justice where the investigation officially changed or you are going to be history on this site. I will see to it!

Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 07:49 PM

Back up your words & I want to see the official document stating this. You and your white trailer trash should scurry off.

I will press charges against you and your chronies for slander if you try to post the untrue without proper legal document back up.

And there is no way I am going to share any details of the investigation. I do not want to see links to troll sites, legal sites such as the DOJ or PPD.

Ignore SenderComplain About This Message

Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 07:54 PM

Since you've asked, I was looking to see if there was an update in your dad's case here --

[
url="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134536"]CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/url]

and I saw a very well-written article linked (from the LA Times, not a rag) --

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disap...

...and that's where it says that his disappearance is being treated as a homicide. (Also, was there not a forensics team in his home this year? Would that have happened if they still thought it was a voluntary disappearance?)

Please forgive me if this seemed insensitive, but I only added it because it shows that there is someone still fighting for your Dad on Father's day, if his case is still moving foward.

Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 08:11 PM
Herald, you and your cohort have been warned off of this type of activity on our site before. We advise people not to speculate, and to let the investigation run it's course. Which make me wonder why you think it's OK to come on here, as a complete stranger, and speculate about this situation.

Not only that, but to post a link to a site where a boat load of strangers, who obviously have nothing better to do with their lives, spend copious amounts of time doing the same thing. And to do it on today, of all days, is shameful.

Your comments are nothing more than hearsay, have have NO place here.

Clearly the moderator is incorrect-there are several sources from early on indicating that this case was being treated as a homicide. It is in fact being worked in the Placentia Homicide Department by a well respected Placentia Homicide detective. What gives? Why the insistence that this is not the case? Oh and just for further emphasis:
http://www.rewardstv.net/missing-persons/50000-missing-person-reward-4/

From an article referencing their own reward money and I quote:
"Since the beginning, investigators have approached Harrod&#8217;s disappearance as a homicide but have not been able to locate his body"

[snipped]

"Until we hear otherwise I am not going to accuse the person that is of interest to the police."

[snipped]

Of this I am sure!

I guess that poster Herald hit a nerve. Let's not forget this from AMW:

Cops: Stranger Not Responsible For Disappearance

Robert’s son-in-law told cops that in the late morning on July 27, 2009, he had left Robert to run errands at the hardware store, and when he returned, Robert was gone.

The maid was actually sitting outside on the porch when he returned, because the house had been locked.

Placentia Police Detectives say they can’t confirm any theories of how or why Robert disappeared. The only theory they’ve ruled out is that Robert was met with foul play at the hands of a stranger.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

I am still laughing about the moderator's hearsay comment-really? LA times, Charley Project, and all media must be hearsay? Not to mention the words I quoted from Colleen Loomis, PPD PIO. Ah well, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink.

I am more curious as to why the sudden resistance to the idea that this is a homicide, no body case? Next thing you know we will see posts that indicate this is still a walk away, which family suggested early on. IIRC. More hearsay I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member