CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we take into consideration the Disappeared teaser, maybe Jeff went to Home Depot, bought something, disposed of something and then went home.

What a weird world-I find myself needing to replace my toilet tank. Isnt that what is pictured in the disappeared teaser?? Jeff working on the toilet tank?

What a weird world-I find myself needing to replace my toilet tank. Isnt that what is pictured in the disappeared teaser?? Jeff working on the toilet tank?

Well, I am sure you are replacing YOUR'S for a totally different reason!

GrainneDhu, this is why you are not facing the same pressure that these women are.

They didnt do this. Neither did Andrew who lived less than a quarter mile away. A few neighbors, who have since been villified by Bob's daughters (where have we heard that before) took the time and trouble to care for him and cook for him after Georgia died. In between those times, Bob found prepackaged meals to supplement with.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I had to read this a few times before I was able to put my finger on what bothered me.

Maybe it's a Korean thing but I was raised to believe it is an honour to care for one's elders. It's not a waste of time and effort to cook for my father, it is an honour that he accepts my tangible offering of respect and love.

Every time I read what his daughters had to say about him, I get this profound feeling of "there is something really, really wrong with these people." The same feeling that I would get if I saw someone walking down the sidewalk brandishing a bloody knife and talking to people no one else can see.

What is wrong with these people that they got it so wrong?

So where was the SIL coming back from at around noon? The Home Depot receipt was at a much later time wasn't it?

I have a feeling that if we knew where JeM was coming back from around noon, we'd be able to find Bob.

I had to read this a few times before I was able to put my finger on what bothered me.

Maybe it's a Korean thing but I was raised to believe it is an honour to care for one's elders. It's not a waste of time and effort to cook for my father, it is an honour that he accepts my tangible offering of respect and love.

Every time I read what his daughters had to say about him, I get this profound feeling of "there is something really, really wrong with these people." The same feeling that I would get if I saw someone walking down the sidewalk brandishing a bloody knife and talking to people no one else can see.

What is wrong with these people that they got it so wrong?

And on top of that, why couldnt they get it right? It is unanswerable to me GrainneDhu. I was raised in the same fashion-you honor your elders even if the only reason is because they have lived a long life.

I'm certain you won't have any problem disposing of the old one in a legal dump site.

Do you have a hanyman to do the home repairs on your toilet?:giggle:

That is exactly what it means, Opie. Aside from the jewelry left to her daughters by Georgia, the deceased settler, the money and assets were all left to Bob, the surviving settler. Bob's daughters were beneficiaries after the surviving settler was deceased.

Interesting how the 15,000 he paid each of his daughters in January of 2009 coincides with communication from Paula mentioned in the attached letter posted above. They were clearly demanding money and information about HIS money in January. So he pays them 15,000 each, but that clearly did not satisfy them as this letter indicates.

Bob marries, Roberta sends a letter shortly after Bob's marriage demanding information and demonstrates fear of changes being made. The letter leads to the calling of a family meeting where I suspect Bob let his daughters and son in law know they were beneficiaries after his passing. Bob goes missing the following day. At least two of his family members set in motion a chain of events which would be appropriate upon his death.

I don't know how much clearer it can get.

Poor Bob.

I just want to add to this I hope you don't mind.

The trusts are set up with very specific wording which is why we really need to see how that trust was set up.

In the case I referred to earlier, the land/property during the remaining spouses life was for there enjoyment, but they could not sell any of it nor do anything that would devalue the property/land. Any monies earned, such as rent, during that time was for the remaining spouses enjoyment though.

What the children in this case wanted was essentially funds from this trust "early" meaning prior to the remaining spouses death. This was basically agreed to by the judge in the form of a "loan" so to speak without requiring repayment. What happened then is they tried to continue to do this and I was not impressed which resulted in them taking the issue to court. The judge in the second instance ruled against them.

ETA As I went backwards through the thread I saw where it was stated that Mr. Harrod's children wanted a copy of the will. I am going to bet it was not the will they wanted but a financial accounting of what was in the trust. The monetary value so to speak. It truly saddens me that they did not trust their own father to determine what his personal needs were. Shakes my head again....

It looks complicated, but to me it is actually very simple. It is about the money. Mrs Harrod has not asked at any time to be a conservator or a trustee. Bob's daughters are trustees. They have access to the money, which is dwindling according to the excellent work gitana did by viewing the accounting documents. The girls are paying Mrs Harrod a stipend. They agreed to it, they cannot beat her over the head with that fact. They agreed to it.

They allowed Andrew to walk away from a three quarter of a million dollar asset of the trust. They did it. No one else did. It was agreement that Andrew claims was to be exercised upon his grandfather's death. His own words and Paula agrees because she testified to that very thing in open court. Andrew stopped paying his mortgage shortly after Bob's disappearance and the girls went for his money days after his disappearance.

This is not hard. The rest is semantics, imo. Mrs Harrod is standing between them and a free for all on the rest of the estate. I bet her loved ones are very very nervous for her because look what happened to the last person who stood between them and money. To be blunt. JMVHO.

ETA As I went backwards through the thread I saw where it was stated that Mr. Harrod's children wanted a copy of the will. I am going to bet it was not the will they wanted but a financial accounting of what was in the trust. The monetary value so to speak. It truly saddens me that they did not trust their own father to determine what his personal needs were. Shakes my head again....

SBM

Well, if what they wanted was a financial accounting, they should have said so. One of the daughters said that they wanted a copy of the will.

It isn't Bob's fault if those women had no idea of what it was they really wanted. <snort>

For reference:

RB&#8217;s letter to Bob&#8217;s attorney with copy to Bob dated July 17, 2009
As a beneficiary, I am trying to obtain copies of all documents related to the estate, living trust, will, bypass trust, and reports concerning the bypass trust of our mother, Georgia M. Harrod.

[snipped]

In your Information Letter, it states that, &#8220;Robert M. Harrod&#8230; is entitled to additional distributions from the Bypass Trust if he needs them and if the invasions of principal are in accordance with the standards set forth in the trust instrument&#8221;. Clarification of what is meant by, &#8220;if he needs&#8221; and, &#8220;standards set forth in the trust instruction&#8221;, is needed to instill confidence that each of these statements and standards honors our mother&#8217;s wishes.
I need to have copies of the trust documents defining the &#8220;standards&#8221; and &#8220;needs&#8221;.

Continued family speculation of what the documents contain and some suspicion that changes were made to documents after she passed has been very stressful for me to endure, as you can imagine.

[snipped]

If the documents are not provided within 30 days of receipt of this letter without reasonable explanation, I will have no choice but to seek my own legal advise, at the personal expense of the trustee, per Probate Code.
RB&#8217;s post on IS - August 2, 2009
Our family was enthralled with Fontelle and so excited to see him happy again.
RB&#8217;s Post on IS - August 10, 2009
OC Social Services conducted an investigation of suspected elder financial abuse several months ago and we were told D did not want to pursue the issue. They could not pursue further at that time for that reason. They were again contacted by family before D went missing and an investigator showed up to conduct the second investigation, two days after he went missing.
PB&#8217;s Post on IS &#8211; August 11, 2009
There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms.

&#8220;Robert M. Harrod&#8230; is entitled to additional distributions from the Bypass Trust if he needs them and if the invasions of principal are in accordance with the standards set forth in the trust instrument&#8221;

Pretty standard language. It was his. It was and is all his. Head shaking.

RB&#8217;s Post on IS - August 10, 2009OC Social Services conducted an investigation of suspected elder financial abuse several months ago and we were told D did not want to pursue the issue. They could not pursue further at that time for that reason. They were again contacted by family before D went missing and an investigator showed up to conduct the second investigation, two days after he went missing.

Anyone care to lay some bets that this was after Bob married Fontelle?

Anyone care to lay some bets that this was after Bob married Fontelle?

Had to be. I'm sure that California has regulations as to how long protective services can take when investigating a complaint (in my state, it's 3 working days to initiate the investigation).

Bob and Fontelle had been married for something like 3 weeks at that point. I can't imagine California state regs would allow that long to start an investigation.

Court Update:

Case Number: 30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC
Type: CONSERVATORSHIP OF ESTATE ONLY

Filing Date: 06/22/2012

• ACCOUNT AND REPORT AND FEES FILED BY PAULA SUE BORCHER AND ROBERTA D. BRADY IS APPROVED AS SUPPLEMENTED.
  • ACCOUNT AND REPORT AND FEES HAS BEEN GRANTED.
  • MINUTES FINALIZED FOR UNDER SUBMISSION RULING 06/22/2012 03:03:00 PM.
https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2/Home.do

Thanks Cloud. I am looking forward to seeing whether or not similar accounting was filed for the previous attorney fees and expenses that have occurred over the last 3 years. I cant wait to see the stuff from 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member