CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to Andrew's new house-he had a lot of money in the wind. Just re read the deposition regarding the mortgage payments and the money he refinanced last with Bob that appeared to be no where....there were a lot of I dont know's and I dont recalls but the information is there that he had about 200K that wasnt obviously anywhere. So I wonder if he financed the entire house?

I agree that PPD might have some interest in this...maybe they are already aware of it.

If you look at pages 10 through at least 15 you will read the conversation regarding how the money morphed from about 270K to 735K. The initial loan was from the Robert Harrod Trust and in 2006 the final loan was from the Robert Harrod Trust. There is reluctance to speak about what was done with all of the money accumulated from the refinancing. Andrew says he saved his mortgage payments in his personal Bank of America account for 6 months and then he stopped, apparently, "saving" them. Mr Algorri wanted to know what he had done with the accumulated mortgage payments that were due to the trust. Fair question, the money belonged to Bob and Andrew breached the agreement which should have triggered the loan to come due.

During this deposition the bomb was dropped that there was a secret agreement between the co conservators and Andrew to allow him to walk from his debt. The terms of which were testified to at the October 31, 2011 Trial. According to the Petition for Instructions for Settlement Agreement filed April 5, 2012:

7.) Andrew Harrod and TH transferred title to the Windflower property into the name of the HAT trust, their revocable living trust.

8.) Andrew Harrod and TH dispute the validity and the amount of the Note.

9.) Extensive negotiations were conducted for the compromise and settlement of the dispute regarding the Note and the Deed of Trust. These negotiations culminated in an agreement for the compromise and settlement of the Note and Deed of trust and collateral issues, the terms of which are being embodied in a Settlement Agreement between HAT trust and the Harrod Family Trust "ByPass trust (here in after referred to as the "Settlement Agreement")

10.) Petitioners request that the court review the Settlement Agreement in camera and good cause appear to keep the Settlement Agreement confidential at the court hearing on October 3, 2011 following a brief discussion with Judge Didier. The copu of the Findings and Order After hearing is attached hereto as Exhibit D.

11.) Petitioners believes the Settlement Agreement to be just, fair and reasonable in the best interests of all persons interested to avoid what would be expensive and protracted litigation due to the uncertainty of the outcome, and because it will eliminate the delay and expense of foreclosure.

Wherefore the Petitioners request the following
A. The Court approve the settlement agreement
B. The Court authorize Petitioners to accept and record the QuitClaim Deed on the real property mentioned in this petition as "Windflower Property" on the terms set forth in the settlement agreement which shall be provided to the court in camera, and
C. Such further and additional relief as the court deems proper and just.

dated April 3, 2012.
OK-first of all the QuitClaim wasnt even filed when this request was filed. The quitclaim happened 4/25/2012 IIRC.

When this petition was filed, it was set for hearing 7/25/2012. What the co conservators discovered at the hearing was that the judge did not sign the order for the settlement agreement to be reviewed in camera. So the agreement was not sealed I believe. The judge requested that Indu et all file the correct paperwork, IIRC, which was a motion. Not a petition. The judge indicated further that the corrected paperwork contain reference to CA law that would allow for the FOI of the general public to be set aside for a motion that did not apply to something like a trade secret. This is what I have gleaned, and gitana will weigh in having some first hand observation.

Additionally, Indu et al requested that the barn door be shut and that the trial minutes be made confidential. In effect, the co conservators would like to sanitize the internet. Wonder why.

Let's face it-the co conservators and Andrew do not want the terms out there. They know, I suspect, that this would look really bad.

Sure seems like maybe some money laundering was/is going on there?

He was soooooooooooo happy in this video!

Thanks for posting it again :)

I am still trying to catch up on Mr. Harrod's case, so please forgive if this has been asked and answered already.

Who initially brought Bob and Fontelle's reuniting and marriage to the attention of national media? It seems like that might be kind of important, considering how things have gone since.

I am still trying to catch up on Mr. Harrod's case, so please forgive if this has been asked and answered already.

Who initially brought Bob and Fontelle's reuniting and marriage to the attention of national media? It seems like that might be kind of important, considering how things have gone since.

IIRC, it was one of Bob's neighbors. I think there is at least one neighbor who has played a significant role throughout from perhaps from being guardian of a spare set of keys, throwing a reception for the newlyweds (a reception which wasnt thrown by Bob's own family big surprise), notifying the media of this romantic story and also having a front row seat for the drama that has occurred these last three years.

I digress. In any case, I am pretty sure it is all the same neighbor.

Sure seems like maybe some money laundering was/is going on there?

Hmm. That is a pretty interesting thought. I wish someone would weigh in on how that would work.

Would he hypothetically be laundering his, Bob's or the lender's??

Did I already mention the laminate floors? The listing said the home had laminate floors...I thought that was kind of funny. Perhaps the previous owners were being practical.

Technically, with a large enough amount of money down the lender wouldn't be as concerned about previous credit. The question is, where would AH get a large down payment if he couldn't make his mortgage payment to his grandfather?

PPD should be looking into this as it is an area of potential fraud. Either by AH, his aunts, or the parties involved in the transaction. IF AH defaults on this mortgage there are people in addition to AH who could potentially be liable for the full amount of the loan/or worse :jail: .

I wonder what the CA state agency is which oversee's banks and real estate. They too may be interested in taking a closer look.

This latest news seems very big! I sometimes think that down the road, what happened to Bob may help change some laws/policies about varieties of elder abuse.

But for now, and I mean no disrespect to fish, which I catch and prepare as frequently and as well as I can -- this just seems fishy.

I add this as a side note: To those of you who are not Bob's youngest daughter -- you might want to hire an independent PI or an independent lawyer. This is just imo based on what I've read recently. I will probably regret this later, but for you, I'd say think about it.

Hmm. That is a pretty interesting thought. I wish someone would weigh in on how that would work.

Would he hypothetically be laundering his, Bob's or the lender's??

Did I already mention the laminate floors? The listing said the home had laminate floors...I thought that was kind of funny. Perhaps the previous owners were being practical.

BBM- hypothetically speaking, I suppose it would be all of the above. Seeing as how 'his' money was first Mr. Harrod's (when he loaned it), and then this money became the lenders money when they loaned- although if unaware of the source, the lenders then themselves would become victims of fraud- well jeez, what a lot of loaning.

I know I could be reaching here, but money laundering- because it is considered a federal crime to transfer money derived from criminal activity into legit channels with the specific intent to disguise the origin of the money- seems like it fits. :waitasec:

Maybe our wonderful gitana could weigh in here? Or do we have any bankers who might have some input?

Gitana has been working to keep up, she tells me, but has been monsterously busy. But I have no doubt she will weigh in. :)

I have been pondering the Ridgeline as well. Never have had one, but have a friend who happens to currently own a 2007 model. I asked him about the trunk and bed and whatnot. Fwiw, he said 'totally possible'. :(

How about a hypothetical here-

You have a ridgeline which might have had some evidence in it at some point. You cant get rid of it probably-I mean the VIN number might be flagged I would think. So, if you are so overwhelmed by the events of 7/27/09 that you cant even go into the house any more...what do you do about driving that vehicle?

Do you give it to your wife to drive? I suppose you could just leave it sitting around...

How about a hypothetical here-

You have a ridgeline which might have had some evidence in it at some point. You cant get rid of it probably-I mean the VIN number might be flagged I would think. So, if you are so overwhelmed by the events of 7/27/09 that you cant even go into the house any more...what do you do about driving that vehicle?

Do you give it to your wife to drive? I suppose you could just leave it sitting around...

Not just the vin, but by gosh there are about 10x more identifying factors, and you know what I have been thinking about? Sunroofs.

JuM used to drive a Mercedes SUV but got rid of it and they bought a Rav4. JeM used to drive the Honda Ridgeline, which is the truck he took to Bob's house on July 27, 2009.

Per recent posts by JuM on her community site below, it looks like she’s now driving the Ridgeline and JeM is driving the Rav4.

Note the reference to the GPS not working and the trunk size.

===
Before reading the linked article below, I must say there is one issue my husband is having driving our Rav4...his feet are too wide, he hits the brake and the accelerator at the same time. The brake and accelerator are so close together it is freaky scary. Now the recall has nothing to do with the issue of the pedals being too close, just curious if any other Rav4 drivers have experienced the same. I wonder how many accidents are due to the pedal size?

===
I do love my Honda Ridgeline, I feel the need for power and speed, GPS works when it wants to, it usually gets me lost, need to update the software as it tells me I live in Skyforest probably the water from some plants behind my seat that flooded under the seat kind of tweaked out the navigation approx. 5 years ago. I really don't dig the Rav4 as much as my truck. The Ridgeline has a small trunk for your spare tire and maybe a suitcase and shopping bags, the trunk was also designed to hold ice for drinks and has a plug to drain. Now the issue of having a trunk in your truck...What do you do when you fill the bed of the truck with materials, gravel, heavy stuff? Lets say you get a flat tire, do you unload the entire truck load to get to the trunk? I just dunno. I wont worry about it until it happens. I think Toyota needs me to have a chat with them regarding the pedal situation, I think the Japanese people designed them as they have tiny feet

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?6489-Toyota-recalling-760-000-RAV4-s-due-to-crash-risk&p=120914#post120914

Hoping that Bob is found soon, for Fontelle's sake (and all the others who truly love him).

SIGH.

And really really hoping for the wheels of law and justice to keep churning, relentlessly. Surely someone(s) are having trouble sleeping and will crack soon.

JuM used to drive a Mercedes SUV but got rid of it and they bought a Rav4. JeM used to drive the Honda Ridgeline, which is the truck he took to Bob's house on July 27, 2009.

Per recent posts by JuM on her community site below, it looks like she’s now driving the Ridgeline and JeM is driving the Rav4.

Note the reference to the GPS not working and the trunk size.

===
Before reading the linked article below, I must say there is one issue my husband is having driving our Rav4...his feet are too wide, he hits the brake and the accelerator at the same time. The brake and accelerator are so close together it is freaky scary. Now the recall has nothing to do with the issue of the pedals being too close, just curious if any other Rav4 drivers have experienced the same. I wonder how many accidents are due to the pedal size?

===
I do love my Honda Ridgeline, I feel the need for power and speed, GPS works when it wants to, it usually gets me lost, need to update the software as it tells me I live in Skyforest probably the water from some plants behind my seat that flooded under the seat kind of tweaked out the navigation approx. 5 years ago. I really don't dig the Rav4 as much as my truck. The Ridgeline has a small trunk for your spare tire and maybe a suitcase and shopping bags, the trunk was also designed to hold ice for drinks and has a plug to drain. Now the issue of having a trunk in your truck...What do you do when you fill the bed of the truck with materials, gravel, heavy stuff? Lets say you get a flat tire, do you unload the entire truck load to get to the trunk? I just dunno. I wont worry about it until it happens. I think Toyota needs me to have a chat with them regarding the pedal situation, I think the Japanese people designed them as they have tiny feet

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?6489-Toyota-recalling-760-000-RAV4-s-due-to-crash-risk&p=120914#post120914

Seems like maybe a really good Honda mechanic might be able to figure out when 'events' occurred- including w/the GPS. Main PCM and all that. Hmm. I wonder where they get the oil changed. Also, I wonder who owns the right to the data.
Is it Honda? Or the owner? or is/was the Ridgeline leased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike