CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the reason, it was clearly known very early on as the info was made public the first time just over 2 mo's after Mr. Harrod disappeared.

I think what is relevant is what have people done to get themselves cleared? LDT were given-who passed and who failed?

Perhaps Disappeared will shed some light on that part as well.

I was thinking today about both the BL and the CL....I wonder if other family members introduced the Robert Harrod's to either or both? It would be interesting to know how Bob and Georgia found CL specifically...that is usually a word of mouth thing unless you hire a cleaning service. Does anyone know if she worked independently?

I am betting they met her through someone else. Maybe even family, if any of the rest of them had the means or the need for a CL.

I am so incredibly grateful to Disappeared for shedding a national spotlight on this case. Bob deserves it. He has been wronged in every way possible, and he and Mrs Harrod were robbed of the precious time they could have spent together. It angers me. It is impossible for me to understand at what point you feel so entitled to the assets put together by someone else's blood, sweat and tears that you eliminate them from the face of the earth.

I am so incredibly grateful to Disappeared for shedding a national spotlight on this case. Bob deserves it. He has been wronged in every way possible, and he and Mrs Harrod were robbed of the precious time they could have spent together. It angers me. It is impossible for me to understand at what point you feel so entitled to the assets put together by someone else's blood, sweat and tears that you eliminate them from the face of the earth.

Yeah.

Let's say that CL had some kind of working relationship with other Harrods...I bet she has some good information...I mean you have to believe that when you hire someone to clean, you are opening up a good chunk of your private life to them. And Bob must have been lonely-I bet he chatted with her quite a bit. Enough that she expressed such intense emotion in the clip.

What a mess. We still have a mess here. We still have some kind of very small, internally if not externally, person/persons who must be desperate to make this all go away. To pretend it never happened. To trot out at parties the fact that Bob is missing in order to gain sympathy, but doesnt want anyone to really take a close look at it all.

Rock meet hard place I guess. Either you care that he is missing and you look for him. Or you dont.

BBM
Yes, I am angry about many of the posts here because they are hateful. I have been following this case from the start and I can't tell you how many of my posts have been deleted because they did not agree with the way the thread was going. Bob's best friend came to the thread to give his views on what could have happened and to talk about Bob, his best friend and he was run off. I have seen pictures of trucks posted explaining how "this truck" COULD BE like the one the daughter and SIL used to hide Bob's body and dump somewhere on the way home..huh? Seems to me there's alot of assuming here and not enough sleuthing. Isn't that what we are here for anyway? To look at Bob's disappearance from ALL angles? I am so sorry that Bob disappeared. In my heart I believe the daughters had nothing to do with his disappearance. I believe he did know the persons who had something to do with his disappearance and went with them of his own free will. He was the innocent victim of someone who had alot to lose if he lived!

BBM. This is not true! He quit posting because he was not complimentary towards the daughters and then the daughters threatened him with blackmail if he continued!!! Some posts were deleted for mentioning that the children and grandson of Bob were being investigated for homicide. The mods either hadn't seen the court document or didn't understand where that was coming from. That was corrected by linking up a court document to prove that per PPD they are "persons of interest" in the homicide investigation of Bob Harrod.

Yes, lots and lots of threats from Bob's daughters towards anyone taking a closer look. Well, no stopping taking a much much closer look at this case once it hits the national and international airwaves.

Even if they were not there that day and were not directly responsible, they can't take back painting their father as an evil wicked person not deserving justice or to be found. They can't take back all the attempts at muddying the issue, years pounding out theories ruled out by LE within WEEKS of their fathers disappearance.

The pressure must be intense. Because not just the window, but the door to the truth will opening soon. I can not wait for the show to air.

Yes, lots and lots of threats from Bob's daughters towards anyone taking a closer look. Well, no stopping taking a much much closer look at this case once it hits the national and international airwaves.

Even if they were not there that day and were not directly responsible, they can't take back painting their father as an evil wicked person not deserving justice or to be found. They can't take back all the attempts at muddying the issue, years pounding out theories ruled out by LE within WEEKS of their fathers disappearance.

The pressure must be intense. Because not just the window, but the door to the truth will opening soon. I can not wait for the show to air.

Let's not forget deliberately outing by name and address anyone that they feel is looking too closely as well. They should be ashamed. :maddening: Perhaps they feel their PI's time was better spent this way rather than on the investigation, but whatever.

Hands up if you have been accused of being a case player, lol!

Let's not forget deliberately outing by name and address anyone that they feel is looking too closely as well. They should be ashamed. :maddening: Perhaps they feel their PI's time was better spent this way rather than on the investigation, but whatever.

Hands up if you have been accused of being a case player, lol!

Yes, Mr. Harrod's daughters seem to spend their time ridiculing those that are trying to find answers to their father's disappearance. Now why would that be?

Have they ever initiated contact with any media outlet? Are they out pounding the pavement, distributing fliers? Not that I am aware of. In fact, some of them have declined to participate in media stories regarding their father's disappearance.

I will find the list of local media contacts and post so we can try contacting them to do a follow-up story on Mr. Harrod as we are nearing the three year anniversary of his disappearance.

Yes, Mr. Harrod's daughters seem to spend their time ridiculing those that are trying to find answers to their father's disappearance. Now why would that be?

Have they ever initiated contact with any media outlet? Are they out pounding the pavement, distributing fliers? Not that I am aware of. In fact, some of them have declined to participate in media stories regarding their father's disappearance.

I will find the list of local media contacts and post so we can try contacting them to do a follow-up story on Mr. Harrod as we are nearing the three year anniversary of his disappearance.

BBM
Do you know something we don't? How do you know the daughters have not had any contact with any media outlets? How do you know they have not distributed any fliers? You state "Not that I am aware of. In fact, some of them have declined to participate in media stories regarding their father's disappearance." The definition os assuming is Presumptuous; arrogant. conj. On the assumption that; supposing. I wouldn't want to suppose they haven't done certain things until I was sure!

BBM
Do you know something we don't? How do you know the daughters have not had any contact with any media outlets? How do you know they have not distributed any fliers? You state "Not that I am aware of. In fact, some of them have declined to participate in media stories regarding their father's disappearance." The definition os assuming is Presumptuous; arrogant. conj. On the assumption that; supposing. I wouldn't want to suppose they haven't done certain things until I was sure!

Hello Dolly my friend!

Would you please provide links/info to what you've been posting recently? I'm a bit of a late-comer to this case, and I am most interested in reading your sources. TC and TIA

Facebook controlled by daughters
  • Not public; 2 pictures of Bob posted from the 1950’s
  • When first turned over to daughters and still public, Relationship Status changed from “Married” to “It’s Complicated”
Media Stories
  • Julie and Jeff Michaels, contacted through Roberta Brady, would not comment for this story.
  • Daughter RB: "It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."
  • Roberta says she is reluctant to talk to the media because she's been unfairly represented in the past. But, she says, she is determined to find out what happened to her father. "We feel helpless," she says. "We really wish someone would come up with a lead so we could get some answers about what happened to our dad and bring him home if he's out there."
Bob’s son-in-law
  • No record of him ever speaking to media
Bob’s one daughter - Community Forum & Youtube
  • Over 2,000 posts since January 2012 – none asking her community for help to raise awareness or to help find her father
  • 26 videos uploaded to Youtube in the past year – none about her father
Bob’s two daughters – Court Cases
  • Trust Proceedings - ~30 filings since August 28, 2009
  • Conservatorship of Estate - 34 filings since August 7, 2009
  • Civil Case against hairdresser (case disposed) - 19 filings since January 24, 2011
Bob’s grandson – Media & Court Case
  • No record of him ever speaking to media
  • Trust Proceedings - 11 filings since August 28, 2009
http://www.facebook.com/people/Finding-Robert-M-Harrod/100000163033261#!/people/Finding-Robert-M-Harrod/100000163033261?sk=wall
http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-bob-police-2598739-fontelle-michaels?orderby=TimeStampAscending&showRecommendedOnly=1&oncommentsPage=2#slComments
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/2
http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/

Thanks for the compilation of the sourceable facts, Cloudajo. Hopefully they will not only answer shana's question, but also some questions for those who are new or newer to Bob's case and were asking for links while the search engine was disabled. It's fixed!

On another note, what baffles me the most about this case, is the refusal of some (family) to consider the possibility Mr. Harrods SIL, had any involvement in his disappearance. In the days, weeks and months following Mr. Harrod's disappearance it might be understandable, but here we are approaching the 3 yr anniversary. Enough time has passed excuses don't fly anymore.

At what point do family members ask themselves, my brother in law or my father's story just does not add up, it might be time to take a closer look? At what point does one make the decision to truly leave no stone left unturned, or continue to look at all but one stone, trying to hide the one while burying themselves in diversionary tactics?

At what costs? Who is willing to gamble becoming an accesory after the fact or impeding an investigation? And why would it be such a surprise to those family members who refuse to consider the possibility JeM may be the culprit here, is not only questionable, but concerning to those on the outside truly seeking answers into Mr. Harrod's disappearance?

There is only one choice here, it is either for or against Bob. It can not be both ways.

I am puzzled at the desire to shun the media spotlight because you have been misrepresented-OK, change the perception then.

As for media in general, there is no such thing as too much media or even bad media when it comes to a missing person's case. Ever. Just as long as you get people to talk about the case and think about the person-that is what is critical. Not whether or not you have had your feelings hurt. Sheesh. We are all adults here, right?

To take it a step further, it is a little hard for me to feel bad for a group of siblings who choose to bring attention to their father by making him as detestable as possible...not excluding his choice of frozen dinners.

There was that flurry of activity around the 50K reward offered, the one that excludes family members. Two years after the fact, but never the less. Wouldnt it have been something to roll that out with an interview or two? Local and national?? The impact might have been pretty substantial. Ah well...

Now that we have a tightened timeline, are there any locals or ex locals who can help figure out possible routes of travel from Bob's house that would fit the timeframe?

Here is the SAR thread where the discussion is going on:

Bob Harrod SAR

Hello Dolly my friend!

Would you please provide links/info to what you've been posting recently? I'm a bit of a late-comer to this case, and I am most interested in reading your sources. TC and TIA

Shana, at the beginning of this case I also thought the daughters could "possibly" be involved. But, then I started having questions of my own. There were too many other possibilities. Yes, as Cloudajo posted..Maybe the daughters have not spoken to the media as much as everyone wants, or maybe they have not shared all the information they have gone through from all their court cases but ..would you? All that has nothing to do with the disappearance of Bob no matter how much everyone wants to believe it does. I bet the SIL hasn't spoken up because he was the last person that saw Bob and has been named here on the forum as the most likely suspect. Bob cared for his SIL and depended on him do his repairs and little things around the house. I wouldnt speak up either. Hopefully, you can read back through the threads and form your own opinion.

Shana, at the beginning of this case I also thought the daughters could "possibly" be involved. But, then I started having questions of my own. There were too many other possibilities. Yes, as Cloudajo posted..Maybe the daughters have not spoken to the media as much as everyone wants, or maybe they have not shared all the information they have gone through from all their court cases but ..would you? All that has nothing to do with the disappearance of Bob no matter how much everyone wants to believe it does. I bet the SIL hasn't spoken up because he was the last person that saw Bob and has been named here on the forum as the most likely suspect. Bob cared for his SIL and depended on him do his repairs and little things around the house. I wouldnt speak up either. Hopefully, you can read back through the threads and form your own opinion.

BBM. Respectfully, Dolly. If this were the case, and SIL is not working with LE to clear himself all because of the opinion of strangers on the WWW, it implies he places more value on the opinion of strangers as opposed to the continued suffering his sister in laws, son and grand children are going through.

The SIL shouldn't be making any decision based on what strangers think. His concerns should be clearing himself so his father in law's case can be solved and his son, sister in laws, grandchildren no longer suffer at his lack of action.

That is if he could clear himself and the question still begs, if he could, why hasn't he in almost 3 years?

BBM. Respectfully, Dolly. If this were the case, and SIL is not working with LE to clear himself all because of the opinion of strangers on the WWW, it implies he places more value on the opinion of strangers as opposed to the continued suffering his sister in laws, son and grand children are going through.

The SIL shouldn't be making any decision based on what strangers think. His concerns should be clearing himself so his father in law's case can be solved and his son, sister in laws, grandchildren no longer suffer at his lack of action.

That is if he could clear himself and the question still begs, if he could, why hasn't he in almost 3 years?

BBM~~~~

Exactly.

We know some family members took polygraphs and some declined. If JeM declined, you have to wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500