CA - Bonnie Lee Bakley, 44, wife of Robert Blake, shot to death, Studio City, 4 May 2001 *not guilty

Marine Mom said:
Now THAT's entertainment!

(I think Blake's cheese has slipped off his cracker.)

Jean (CTV) is at the trial. I can't help but laugh when she describes some of the things Robert does on the stand. I can just picture him sitting up there answering for the judge...judge.."sustained"...Robert repeating "sustained" while eyeballing the other attorney. The other attorney says to Robert...isn't it true that you did such and such and Robert yells "I did not." He reminds me of a kid up there...an obnoxious kid. Obnoxious but funny.

I don't know how the verdict will turn out but it sounds like the jury are quite taken with him. He refers to Bonnie as "toots."

I have always wondered who was raising Bonnie's youngest daughter....before Rosie when Bonnie was living in CA and running to and fro working her "career." The girl was about 12 yrs at the time. I know she wasn't with her mother. Mom was to busy trying to hunt a celeb husband.

Christian Brando is supposed to be taking the stand one of these days.

I clearly remember that Bonnie named the baby after Christian Brando but changed the name once the blood tests came back. Her kids flat deny that.

It came out in this trial that Bonnie thought she was pregnant before she actually was and she called Robert and told him....he was furious because she knew he didn't want any more children. Ended up that she wasn't. She promised him that she was on birth control pills but what she was actually on was fertility pills. I guess she was going to make sure she snagged someone known...Blake or Brando...must not have mattered to her. She probably figured Christian Brando would eventially get dad's money.

The son of actor Marlon Brando repeatedly invoked the Fifth Amendment to protect himself from self-incrimination at Robert Blake's wrongful death trial.

Blake's lawyers have portrayed Christian Brando as a possible suspect in the killing of Blake's wife, Bonny Lee Bakley. Blake has been acquitted of murder, but is being sued for wrongful death by Bakley's family.
http://www.newsnet5.com/entertainment/5174676/detail.html

Christian Brando was on the stand for nearly an hour Tuesday in Robert Blake's civil trial, but he divulged nothing, pleading the Fifth Amendment on more than two dozen questions about his troubled relationship with Blake's murdered wife Bonny Lee Bakley.

"At any point in time, sir, did your father Marlon Brando become upset with you on the subject of whose child Miss Bakley was carrying?" Blake's defense attorney Peter Ezzell asked Brando.

His attorney, Bruce Margolin, stood by his side at the witness stand, continually objecting on the basis that Brando might incriminate himself.

"At any point in time, did you pay Duffy Hambleton to kill Bonny Lee Bakley?" Ezzell asked, referring to a stuntman who was an acquaintance of both Blake and Brando.
http://www.courttv.com/trials/blake/102505_ctv.html

Actor Robert Blake's lawyer said today he will seek to have Marlon Brando's son sanctioned for mouthing the word "guilty" to jurors during Blake's civil trial in the murder of his wife.

Jurors told the judge today that Christian Brando, who testified Tuesday, pointed at Blake and silently mouthed "guilty" at one point during the proceedings, according to lawyers.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge David Schachter quizzed jurors individually today and then consulted behind closed doors with lawyers for Blake and Bakley's children.

"We are going to seek a contempt citation against Christian Brando," Blake's attorney, Peter Q. Ezzell, said during a recess.

Lawyers said jurors offered different accounts of Brando's gesture and mouthed words. Some believed jurors were the object, but others said they thought he might have been addressing Ezzell.

One juror reported seeing Brando point at Blake and mouth the words: "(expletive), he killed her."
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-102605blake_lat,0,6287956.story?coll=la-home-headlines

The judge in the Robert Blake civil trial quizzed a Burbank jury Wednesday about a report that Marlon Brando's son had signaled them as he left the witness stand that he believed the actor had killed his wife, Bonny Lee Bakley.

The unusual examination was sparked by an unnamed juror, who told court personnel that Christian Brando pointed to Blake and mouthed the word "guilty" after Brando's testimony Tuesday in a wrongful-death lawsuit against the former "Baretta" star.

Those familiar with the questioning said some jurors told Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge David M. Schacter they thought Brando was gesturing at Blake's defense attorney, Peter Q. Ezzell. At least one juror said Brando had mouthed the word "guilty," while another believed he had shaped the phrase, "He killed her."

Brando's lawyer, Bruce M. Margolin, said he had been unable to reach his client to ask about the jurors' reports.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-brando27oct27,1,4940504.story?coll=la-headlines-california

I have a sneaking suspicion that the jury will find for the plaintif, but will assign the damages re the loss of Bonnie Lee Bakeley extremely low: like a nickle or fifty cents or something like that.

BillyGoatGruff said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that the jury will find for the plaintif, but will assign the damages re the loss of Bonnie Lee Bakeley extremely low: like a nickle or fifty cents or something like that.

That's very interesting!

Jeana (DP) said:
No!!! I can't believe it either. If he's not not liable, I think some people might actually jump off a bridge or something.

Yeah, cuz they are dealing with some wacky people.

Jeana (DP) said:
Jury is out. Will resume deliberations on Thursday.

Thanks for the update. Thursday meaning next week? I know tomorrow is Veteran's Day but what about the early part of the week?

kato said:
Thanks for the update. Thursday meaning next week? I know tomorrow is Veteran's Day but what about the early part of the week?

I wish I knew Kato. I went to courttv's website and that's all it said. I am glad that the jury is considering this case carefully though.

Jeana (DP) said:
I wish I knew Kato. I went to courttv's website and that's all it said. I am glad that the jury is considering this case carefully though.

Ok, thanks. Guess we'll know Mon..

Jeana:

I just read that the week delay of deliberations is due to a juror illness.

November 17, 2005 8:22 PM

The Associated Press

BURBANK, Calif. Still no verdict in the Robert Blake wrongful-death civil case.
Jurors have ended their sixth full day of deliberations in Burbank, California.

The jury will resume its work Friday, beginning at nine a-m Pacific time.

The "Baretta" star was acquitted of murder in the death of his wife, Bonny Lee Bakley, in a criminal trial that ended earlier this year. Now, Bakley's children are seeking civil damages.

http://www.kbcitv.com/x51828.xml?URL=http://10.56.1.26/APWIREFEED/d8duleao0.xml&NewsSection=NationalHeadlines

Gosh, and most dressed so nicely today and taking pics of each other too. lol Can't predict a jury is right. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry
Back