CA CA - Brandi Summers, 5, & Tiffani Wise, 2, San Bernadino, 30 March 1977

I'd like to know more about Iwakiri. Did she have her own children? I found a Juanita Iwakiri on Facebook. One friend is "Kristena Iwakiri," and she resembles the age progression of Tiffany. Could she have taken the children to protect them from the man who murdered their mother? Or made a deal with him to gain the children?

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=851811209331668835&hl=en&as_sdt=2&as_vis=1&oi=scholarr

State v. Iwakiri, 682 P. 2d 571 - Idaho: Supreme Court 1984

Snip:

...In 1980 a Garden City resident positively identified Brandi as having been in Boise from viewing a picture that investigators ran in The Idaho Statesman. Further investigation revealed witnesses who could place both girls in the care of appellant and led ultimately to appellant's arrest in Boise in 1980...

The appellant in this case was Juanita.

I only see one JI listed in intellius, which places her in Idaho (Boise). age 58. An article from 1980 gives her age as 27 at the time. (don't know the month and day of her birth).

I am not seeing the name of the young lady K with same surname as associated in intellius. Haven't checked other websites. She may have had them at one time, could possibly look also with those that share a surname with JI Husband (family members may have taken the girls?) Just thoughts.

I'd like to know more about Iwakiri. Did she have her own children? I found a Juanita Iwakiri on Facebook. One friend is "Kristena Iwakiri," and she resembles the age progression of Tiffany. Could she have taken the children to protect them from the man who murdered their mother? Or made a deal with him to gain the children?

I found the same JI on facebook also. She has two pages same picture. Both are set to private but you can see wall posts if you click on the tab.

She makes reference to "my boys". Sounds like she had sons or is refering to Husband and one son.

I don't think she has the girls now. I do believe she did back in 1980. I wonder who she let have them? I see no reason at this particular time not to think she had them, she placed them elsewhere for safe keeping. She would be hard pressed to come forward at this time because she won an appeal on her last case, probably wouldn't want to disturb sleeping dogs KWIM?

Just a possibility. JMHO.

I found the "KI" that Mr. E found but on myspace. She is 26 yrs old. Too old for Brandi or Tiffani. JMHO.

I found the "KI" that Mr. E found but on myspace. She is 26 yrs old. Too old for Brandi or Tiffani. JMHO.

I also noticed a friend of Iwakiri's named "Tiffanie;" no picture of this one that I could find, but it did state that she had gone to Sheridan Girls School. When I googled that, I found a school in Sheridan, WY called the Wyoming Girls School, and it appears to be a school for delinquent girls. Nothing much here, just some info on a Tiffany who is connected to an Iwakiri...

Mr. E. I didn't mean to sound so abrupt in my posting about the "KI" we were talking about. I reread that and it sounded harsh. It wasn't meant to be :)

That particular young lady is married to a male with the surname of Iwakiri. Don't know if he is JI's son. He might be or might not be.

I was rereading some old articles and found a nickname for Juanita I, "Tiny".

She served 4 months on a 5 yr charge and won her appeal. On a technical loophole. I am not ready to stop looking at her as a possibility. JMHO.

I'm researching R. Summers a bit right now:

Just wanted to throw up a few links I've been reading right now: (no particular order)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=3124,3350293&dq=roy-summers&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=5715,4485695&dq=roy-summers&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...DAAAAIBAJ&pg=3219,237091&dq=roy-summers&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5780,531233&dq=roy-summers&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=4693,6591296&dq=roy-summers&hl=en

(Note: Still looking for the man who was reported above to have been facing charge as an accessory in the kidnapping of the girls. So was Summer's sister in VA.)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4870,684993&dq=roy-summers&hl=en

Name in article above L. A. Casner ( Alternate spelling seen: Kasner, scorbus mentioned him IIRC upthread). The girls were reported to have been seen in his company in Nevada County. Reportedly the girls had been traced to: Idaho, Nevada, Utah and Oregon.

R. Summer's sister name in above article too: K. Carino.

This is my first post here at WS, but I have been following this site for sometime, very smart folks here, you all's compassion & concern is most touching & appreciated!
I have been (almost) obsessed with these missing/abducted girls, I have searched nearly all Jane Does in the surrounding states & I found this website http://www.maricopa.gov/Medex/Unidentified/search.aspx?caseNum=79-0583 (Click on photos link to see artist rendering) This could be Tiffani, the "Little Jane Doe" is about the same age she would have been, I have a sinking feeling that the abductor(s) figured out that Tiffani wasn't related, especially, if they were confused at which girl was theirs, that would explain why both were taken, I'm sure someone else has already concluded as to that scenario by now. I just wanted to get you "sleuthers" to give your opinion on this one.
Also, Has anyone heard from scorbus76 on this lately?

Just reading through this thread for the first time. I thought I would update that since this post "little jane doe" from Maricopa AZ has been identified so she can be ruled out as a possible for either of these girls.

If the above has been posted, my apologies.... still reading.

Kat and Mr. E I think you are both on the right track here. From the bit we know of parental abductions, going back to even as late as the early 90's there was almost little to none the left behind parents could do. Obviously we are talking an unsolved murder case here as well, but I can see the abductor passing these girls onto his gf's family or even family of his own. I'd continue on both paths... someone in either of these families hid these girls well..

Praying for answers for Brandi and Tiffani's disappearance. I think this is one that the trail could be found -with enough 'genealogy' and of course remembering the initials rule.... I'd suggest the approach we used with Anna Waters case. See if any of the family had adopted or kids about the girls age.... see if they are married names or not...... We tried to be diligently cautious with our research to protect living possible matches privacy and update as we either ruled out or continued to find additional research which might be more promising.... Nothing was a secret so to speak, but we were carefull.. especially with living possible matches.

hth

Hello everyone, Im back. I wasnt getting my notifications so I lost touch. Just recently the San Bernadino PD had asked for DNA samples to begin looking for my sisters again. However as with all things its slow going and I havent heard a thing back since or a returned call.

I was just curious if there were any updates about Brandi and Tiffani? I notice the last post in this thread was in June 2011- have they been located?

I was also curious if anyone ever followed up with Juanita Iwakiri? I'm confident the profile on Facebook is hers, as the nickname Tiny is used on her wall.

Is there a way to trace the gf? There is mention that the guy was abusive. So there is a strong possibility that they have split by now. Either that or she is dead. If living, she might be willing to speak to the sister by phone. If dead, her sister might be willing to speak to the sister by phone. At least speak in regards to info about the kids.

Any amazing case. I hope and pray that Brandie and Tiffani are found alive and well. Did anyone ever find anything out from the Tiny on FB ?

My husband was a pro tem court reporter for the San Bernardino Courthouse in the '80s, and this was one of the cases that he and I transcribed for the court. However, I remember that this transcript was from audio recordings of interviews with witnesses (not people who actually witnessed anything, but people who had some tie to Roy Summers) by two San Bernardino Detectives that were working the case. You might want to get hold of a copy of those transcripts, in case there are some names you've not heard before or there's some lead in there you can catch that they missed. Sometimes when you're looking so hard to find something, that is when it eludes you the most, and these two detectives were looking so hard that it became an obsession with them, eventually causing them to lose their jobs. I'm not sure that something one or both of them did wasn't part of the reason Summers was not convicted.

My husband and I never forgot your sisters and your mother. My husband was retired Air Force, and every time we'd go to Norton AFB to the commissary or the doctor, I would think of your poor dad. My sister and her family had horses in the area, and I used to wonder if Roy Summers wasn't around there, hiding in plain sight, since he was a farrier, by trade. Anyway, I wish I could help you out more, but all I can suggest is trying to get a copy of the transcript of those testimonies.

MissPlaist,

This is Stacy I am the younger sister of the above posts and I just logged back in after years and I saw your post on being the transcriber for this court hearing. How can I get a hold of those transcripts and the police reports. I have been scouring the internet but I am afraid to say I can't seem to be able to find a lot of these links that most of these people on here can and my boyfriend and I are back on the trail and would love if anyone can lead me in the right direction on how to find all these public documents. I feel l have exhausted all my resources and am just at a loss on how to move forward. Thank you!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back