CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redheads constitute approximately 4% of the European population.[11] Scotland has the highest proportion of redheads; 13% of the population has red hair and approximately 40% carries the recessive redhead gene.[12] Ireland has the second highest percentage; as many as 10% of the Irish population has red, auburn, or strawberry blond hair.[13] It is thought that up to 46% of the Irish population carries the recessive redhead gene.[citation needed] A 1956 study of hair colour amongst British army recruits also found high levels of red hair in Wales and the English Border counties.[14]

In the United States, it is estimated that 2–6% of the population has red hair. This would give the U.S. the largest population of redheads in the world, at 6 to 18 million, compared to approximately 650,000 in Scotland and 420,000 in Ireland.

Had to go look up this red hair thing as I see so many here in Scotland. I guess most of the redheads in the States get most of their genes from us and the Irish.
Now wondering what else we 'gave' you over there. Masonry, red heads and moonshine off the top of my head.

Come on Bryce, you have tough Celtic genes. Wherever you are you can make it home!!

Bryce might look like after 3 weeks. Longer hair & facial hair.

993712_630560113655062_1243253171_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

There are plenty of redheads who are non-Irish-
Like me. I'm British on my mom's side. I'm scandinavian & Slavic (from northern Poland/Ukraine) on my dad's and I'm a redhead. My maternal grandmother & all three of her siblings are redheads, although NONE of their children were. I'm the only grandchild with red hair. It's a recessive gene and this means it must have been on my dad's side somewhere.

Scandinavians, Brits, Welsh, and some slavs from northern slavic countries like Lithuania & Estonia as well as some Poles, Ukranians, & Russians can also have red hair. Seems anywhere the Norse ended up, there are redheads. I went to the Dublinia Museum in Dublin this last summer- its a museum about the Viking invasion & control of Ireland. There was a huge map that showed the parts of Europe controlled by the Vikings at different times and the % of people who have some Viking DNA in those places today. These places include most of those places I've listed above - and they're also where we find many redheads.

I'm more concerned about Bryce being outside so much in the sun the past month (assuming he's out there). Red heads usually burn easily. Very easily. One time as a kid I went to a watermark for 3 hours and didn't put on sunscreen. I gota second degree burn with awful blisters. My dermatologist keeps telling me I need to stay out of the sun (sunscreen or not) from 10am-2pm. Redheads are also very suspectible to melanoma for this reason. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265175.php

I can't tell what color Bryce's eyes are, but mine are green. I've heard people with
light colored eyes are more sensitive to sunlight. Don't know if that's true but for me it is. I have green eyes and I wear sunglasses even when it's overcast. My husband is part Native American and his eyes - even the irises - are coal black. He is hardly ever bothered by sunlight.

Thanks to gitana1 for posting those stories about people with dissociative fugue in the last thread. Very interesting! Seems like it's a possibility in Bryce's case!

I'm wondering how cool the nights are getting out that way? We had a 42 degree night last night here in Pennsylvania, and I'm not sure how far north Castaic Lake is in Cali. Can anyone comment on current temps?

(Thinking of that siting in Oregon, seems like night time temps would be getting pretty chilly there too.)

Edited - of course Bryce might be seeking shelter at night, I'm just wondering if it's getting cold enough there yet to force him at night to find some sort of shelter or if it's still warm enough to be able to sleep out under the stars.

There are plenty of redheads who are non-Irish-
Like me. I'm British on my mom's side. I'm scandinavian & Slavic (from northern Poland/Ukraine) on my dad's and I'm a redhead. My maternal grandmother & all three of her siblings are redheads, although NONE of their children were. I'm the only grandchild with red hair. It's a recessive gene and this means it must have been on my dad's side somewhere.

Scandinavians, Brits, Welsh, and some slavs from northern slavic countries like Lithuania & Estonia as well as some Poles, Ukranians, & Russians can also have red hair. Seems anywhere the Norse ended up, there are redheads. I went to the Dublinia Museum in Dublin this last summer- its a museum about the Viking invasion & control of Ireland. There was a huge map that showed the parts of Europe controlled by the Vikings at different times and the % of people who have some Viking DNA in those places today. These places include most of those places I've listed above - and they're also where we find many redheads.

I'm more concerned about Bryce being outside so much in the sun the past month (assuming he's out there). Red heads usually burn easily. Very easily. One time as a kid I went to a watermark for 3 hours and didn't put on sunscreen. I gota second degree burn with awful blisters. My dermatologist keeps telling me I need to stay out of the sun (sunscreen or not) from 10am-2pm. Redheads are also very suspectible to melanoma for this reason. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265175.php

I can't tell what color Bryce's eyes are, but mine are green. I've heard people with
light colored eyes are more sensitive to sunlight. Don't know if that's true but for me it is. I have green eyes and I wear sunglasses even when it's overcast. My husband is part Native American and his eyes - even the irises - are coal black. He is hardly ever bothered by sunlight.

For my family, it's Scots-Irish. When my grandkids were little, when my daughter would take them places, people would comment on how cute the two little "leprechauns" were. My grandson has blue eyes, my granddaughter has green eyes. Both are very fair skinned and have to stay out of the sun.

This is an interesting theory. I believe the closest spot of the Pacific Coast Trail to where Bryce was last thought to be in Castaic would be off the 14 Hwy near Vazquez Rocks. I recently read Wild by Cheryl Strayed about hiking the PCT and for the PCT hikers there is a definitely a hitchhiking component (maybe more so for a young man). I would be a bit hesitant to think he'd done this without at least some anecdotal evidence from his friends that he had mentioned this was something he was interested in. I do believe if he had been wanting to do this, he would have spoken about it to others. But certainly if he had stumbled across this I could also see it being a feasible way to get food and other supplies potentially.

But I don't think The poster meant Bryce went off on a Pacific Crest Trail hike. Just that people in the vicinity might be more amenable to helping a scruffy wanderer. Right?

Thanks to gitana1 for posting those stories about people with dissociative fugue in the last thread. Very interesting! Seems like it's a possibility in Bryce's case!

I'm wondering how cool the nights are getting out that way? We had a 42 degree night last night here in Pennsylvania, and I'm not sure how far north Castaic Lake is in Cali. Can anyone comment on current temps?

(Thinking of that siting in Oregon, seems like night time temps would be getting pretty chilly there too.)

Edited - of course Bryce might be seeking shelter at night, I'm just wondering if it's getting cold enough there yet to force him at night to find some sort of shelter or if it's still warm enough to be able to sleep out under the stars.

just looked at local weather for Portland and Salem area, upper 40s to low 50s for low temps, high temps are low 60s to low 70s. Not good temps to be living outside.

But I don't think The poster meant Bryce went off on a Pacific Crest Trail hike. Just that people in the vicinity might be more amenable to helping a scruffy wanderer. Right?

That's what I took from the post to mean as well.

Wouldn't now be a good time to get this out on the Nancy Grace show?

I emailed Nancy Grace a few weeks ago. They sent a response saying they'd look into the case but that's it. :(

I tend to agree regarding red heads in CA. I know many, many red heads (my daughter included) definitely not all that rare in my neck of the mountains :) though I do know that while traveling back east by train with my daughter, she received a lot of stares on comments regarding her hair. Even met one little girl who asked her if she could touch her hair LOL so I imagine in some parts of the USA that red hair is rare. Just not here :)
I completely agree-there's those Irish genes around. Heck, I've had redheads in my family and I have no Celtic blood on my side. Redheads are no rarer in California than blondes are in Sacramento- another falsehood from the Linnea Lomax case!

Are their and other us missing tv shows his family could get his story out on?

I found this
http://www.usamissing.com/

It looks like that show focuses on little kids mostly, or under eighteen anyway.
Maybe Jane Velez, the show before NG is a better bet...she seems to do more missing people than NG from what I can, of late. And she is better with parents, IMO, than NG.

It's just North of L.A. and the San Fernando Valley off Interstate 5 in the Grapevine. Today's high is 87 degrees. Predicted high 90-91 next Sun. & Monday.

Castaic Weather Forecast through Oct 3

Today
Sep 24
88°F
54°F

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SW at 10 mph

Wed
Sep 25
81°
49°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SSW at 11 mph

Thu
Sep 26
80°
48°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
NW at 11 mph

Fri
Sep 27
84°
52°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
ESE at 9 mph

Sat
Sep 28
90°
53°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
ESE at 9 mph

Sun
Sep 29
91°
54°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
NE at 10 mph

Mon
Sep 30
90°
54°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
WSW at 9 mph

Tue
Oct 1
88°
53°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SW at 9 mph

Wed
Oct 2
85°
52°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SW at 9 mph

Thu
Oct 3
84°
53°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SW at 10 mph

Thanks to those that posted in response to my temperature inquiry.

My thanks button doesn't seem to be working.

Castaic Weather Forecast through Oct 3

Today
Sep 24
88°F
54°F

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SW at 10 mph

Wed
Sep 25
81°
49°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SSW at 11 mph

Thu
Sep 26
80°
48°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
NW at 11 mph

Fri
Sep 27
84°
52°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
ESE at 9 mph

Sat
Sep 28
90°
53°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
ESE at 9 mph

Sun
Sep 29
91°
54°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
NE at 10 mph

Mon
Sep 30
90°
54°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
WSW at 9 mph

Tue
Oct 1
88°
53°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SW at 9 mph

Wed
Oct 2
85°
52°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SW at 9 mph

Thu
Oct 3
84°
53°

Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
WIND:
SW at 10 mph

Gotta love the temps in sunny Southern California. It may be Fall to the rest of the country, but it's still summer here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname